[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

Haha, playing Ravel's Bolero as background music for this drama must be an editorial comment. Especially since there is a tale that composing  Bolero drove Ravel to insanity.  Even an audience member, upon hearing the composition, called it crazy. 

And, this drama can certainly qualify as being crazy. :w00t:

• Like 4

[SKY Castle] Ep 8 spoilers, Yum Jung Ah x Lee Tae Ran x Yoon Se Ah

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Kim Bo Ra calls her father, Jung Joon Ho... birth secret revealed 

1. [+2004,-30]
Wow, this is my first time seeing a birth secret that doesn't feel cliché. Hye Na's ability to survive on her own aren't normal, it seems like she's going to take revenge. But creating suspense using her birth secret, that gave me goosebumps. 

2. [+1336,-14]
All 5 female actresses in SKY Castle have their own unique color. It's nice to see that. 

3. [+1299,-24]
Please give Prof Cha some screen time. 

4. [+917,-16]
Be it the children or adults, they are all good at acting. It's nice to see that.

5. [+745,-17]
Looks like it's starting now. Hye Na is scary. 

6. [+485,-3]
Ye Seo's father.. If you're answering a call in secret, you should find a secret corner to answer it. How can you answer the call there..? Thanks to you, Ye Seo's mother became an expert in eavesdropping. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+416,-5]
I guess Teacher Kim Joo Young is going to make use of Hye Na to turn the family upside down. This set-up is totally goosebumps-inducing. 

8. [+393,-7]
Ye Seo will be stressed, and her grades will drop. Hye Na wants to take revenge, she studies hard and gets into the medical school in Seoul University.. If that happens, Ye Seo's mother's promise towards her mother-in-law that she will create the third generation of doctors in the family will still be kept in the end. 

9. [+322,-3]
Production team, can't you just pretend that a week has passed and air next week's episode today?? 

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Yu Seong Ju warns Kim Seo Hyung with a gun, "End the misfortune here with just my son"  

1. [+1698,-7]
While this drama is still airing, there were no comments. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Everyone is so immersed that they don't look at their phones. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1196,-32]
To be honest, I think his parents are more at fault instead of the coordi that Young Jae became that way... Also, I don't really think that writing about other people's private lives is the right thing to do... 

3. [+789,-10]
Kim Seo Hyung is so good at sad acting like this one... Hye Na finally finds out about her birth secret;; The development is thrilling. It's so interesting. 

4. [+512,-11]
If I were Hye Na, I won't let Ye Seo's family off too. Looks like this will be how Yum Jung Ah's family gets ruined. 

5. [+462,-11]
Hye Na realized that Jung Jun Ho is her father. The development is fast, and it's fun. 

6. [+202,-18]
Hye Na is vicious that she seems scary. Lee Tae Ran is frustrating. 

7. [+203,-18]
This drama has two paths to go from now on. 1. Focus entirely on Hye Na = standard Korean makjang drama route // 2. Reduce importance of Hye Na's character and go back to how it felt like in the first half = sophisticated, extraordinary masterpiece. 

8. [+184,-4]
Rather than Hye Na, please show us more about the entrance exams realistically. Everyone in the country has to know about this crazy thing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what Coach Kim wants to happen now. She wants HyeNa to live with the Kangs? Oh my goodness... I don't know... 

I know that the main story focuses on the Kangs, but I hope that the other families will have their own time to shine too. As I've said earlier, I like the Woo Family. I just hope that Dr. Kang won't make his usual mistakes with Dr. Woo and make him a cripple. I want more of Prof. Cha and his family too. 

As for YehSuh, she's a driven character who wants to be on top of everything. But I think the most confident person can also be the most insecured person. She has no friends and she knows it. She acts almighty but she knows that no one really cares about her. She's doing her best because in her mind, being the best is a way to gain the attention that she wants and needs. But she's also a brat. The problem with her is that she's being trained to live that way like she's the queen of the world. Everything will crumble now that HyeNa's going after her father. Coach will use that. Coach uses pain to motivate her students. Maybe before without HyeNa, HyeSuh will be able to pass Coach Kim unharmed but now that HyeNa is someone else, HyeSuh is in danger. Woojoo liking HyeNa made her so mad what more if her dad who she wants to please would love HyeNa more than her because HyeNa is his daughter to the woman that he really loved.

• Like 7

On 16 December 2018 at 1:13 PM, katakwasabi said:

Coach is shady. What exactly is her motive? Huhuhu 

Hmm...I have been wondering the same thing.  Now that her son/daughter's (?) plight has been revealed I am wondering if her coaching methods (where the ends justifies the means) is somehow her rather dysfunctional and misdirected revenge on 'the system' that pushed Kay to the predicament that he/she is now.. So it may well be a case of 'well, this is what the system did to my progeny, I will give you exactly what you want (the parents) so you suffer just as much as I do.'  Misery loves company.

I just watched Ep 7.  Whilst I do not condone Hye Na's acceptance of money to help the rich lady's son, I can understand why she does it.  Although if you look at how she's bitterly against the system (she wants to take down the elite class), in her own small way she is also highlighting the failings of a system that gives the rich an advantage over the poor.  Does she have anything to lose?  Yes her spot at school...but I get the feeling she won't go quietly, she will take the rich kids and their moms who try to circumvent the system down with her.  She has that sort of devil-may-care attitude about her.  She is actually very similar to Coach Kim (if my guess on her motives is correct), they are both foils to highlight the glaring failings of a system that rewards the rich and powerful (chaebols).  A system that is results driven and not character driven.  Woe betide the patients of doctors like YeSuh with little bedside manner and where every decision is more about how to further their career and less about patient welfare.  So Hye Na is Yeh Su's half sister (if that preview of Ep 8 is right ??).  Ahh the plot thickens.

I also feel like SooIm's character (like @cooleet) suggested acts as that 'Voice of Reason'.  Often we were so entrenched with how the system already runs that we just glibly follow along and go with the flow because "why rock the boat?"  It's just our reality.  That's just how the world functions.  SooIm moves into the very entrenched Sky Castle system and throws questions at all the mothers there.  Suddenly JinJin and SeungHye have their eyes opened and the questions which they have swept under the carpet for so long, asked of them and their lives are thrown into a state of flux as they grapple with their own consciences.

I really like how real the situations are.  Big decisions like your children's education and how you bring them up are never easy to make.  The stakes are high.  The fear of failure terrifying.  It's complex, it's never cut and dry, and every family is different so every family has to walk their own path.  This drama is delivering it in spades for me...the scenarios played out, the brilliant acting, and the depth of the characters. Bravo. 

• Like 7

Just finished watched the first episode of this drama because friend recommended me this. I guess my friend is not overreacted when she says that this drama is having such an amazing story line. I can tell from the very first episode this will gonna be a mess. Still shocked from the first episode ending, leaving me jaw dropped, wanting to see more

• Like 9

Wohoo.. SKY Castle is top buzzworthy drama right now, congratulation, so deserve. :thumbsup:

And as the drama is on half part now, not only Hyena will enter sky castle, but soon we will get appeareance from eldest Cha. As prof Cha mention his daughter name, cant wait to see Cha Seri and what her bring to heat up sky castle on the winter. :lol:  

And Park Yoona (ID Gangnam Beauty) as Cha Seri, yass.. 

And for thruth, sometimes i feel uneasy about Soolim curiousity, and maybe what Jinjin said is true about soolim will exploit youngjae case to her own advantage. Lol, but nope, maybe she has the reason to doing that. As his husband mention about the girl name yeondu. Who is she? What is soolim past secret or pain? Waahh.. the plot is keep strong and intriguing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Helloooooo everybody!!!!  It’s been a looong time! I broke my Soompi fast to come back and post here, because I’ve been hearing so much about Sky Castle from my Korean friends. And I come here and see @jongski, @Wotad and @africandramalover? It’s a party!

(are you kidding there’s a drama cooler than My Ahjussi this year?)

I actually haven’t watched anything but i read some of your posts and my Korean friends keep telling me to watch...so I’m going to get started! And I’ll be back!

(I haven’t watched any drama in full since My Ahjussi, just bits here and there, but everything so far has sucked...so am really glad to finally have another mature drama! With mature actors—yes! And Oh Nara I’ve missed you!!)

• Like 7

Picking up on the theme of Bolero (from @Auntie Mame) - it's a dance as well.  Vividly portrayed in the verbal interplay between Prof Cha and SeoJin as they faced off with the long table separating them - Both at the head of the table, using their children as pawns in their battle for supremacy.  A cleverly choreographed dance of words as both jousted for prime position.

As for the the musical composition, the metronome that Prof Cha uses is an apt depiction.  It's methodical, repetitive and singular.  Ravel's Bolero is 15 minutes long...Ravel keeps repeating the same tune...to the listening audience with an ear for music, it is a piece that is haunting yet frustrating because it seems to go nowhere..repeating the same tune over and over, it can drive you to insanity...which I guess was his whole intent.  It only changes in the final daring modulation from C to E major and it is supposed to be the final release of pent-up frustration (with fireworks).  It does end with a crescendo...but for the trained ear, it is VERY abrupt and it leaves you teetering on the edge...expecting more but never getting it.

When Bolero was first played in the Paris Opera in 1928, it was reported that one lady was heard screaming at the end, "The madman!"  And Ravel upon hearing about it, was reportedly to have remarked, "That lady.  She understood."

Even the wisest man on earth Solomon himself penned these words in the Bible (Eccles 12:12)

"My son, beware of anything beyond these.  Of making many books, there is no end and much study is a weariness of the flesh."

I guess as @Auntie Mame suggested, the editorial comment could well be that there is truly no end to the relentless acquisition of knowledge.  It has the potential to lead to insanity (eg Kay), it is vexation to the spirit, it is a chasing after the wind (Eccles 1:14).

EDIT - and I agree with @Nanana85, that there is some hidden driver to SooIm's persistence in "minding someone else's business" and consistently stepping in uninvited into other family's personal affairs.  Is it because of her strong sense of social justice (because she's a writer?) or is there more?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just finished Ep7-8. Still best drama currently airing.

JS is Hyena's father! Though  Eun Hye did not directly say it to Hyena. Hyena reminded her of what she to her "you once went Seonjae island with dad, and caught baby blow fish". That place is sentimental.. we saw from last scenes. while Hyena was fixing her mother's things, she saw the photo stuck on page.."Seonjae island" with JS.  All along Hyena thought her father is dead. The exciting part here is....how would the JS mother react? I don't think she knows. Hyena knows already hence the shock face from the end scene. She's got hunch anyway.  As for Yeh Suh she wants it badly. She's ambitious and driven too but all her bratty arrogance and being mean girl to Hyena will be countered  by Ki Joon. He will be her conscience in a way.She gets annoyed at him. He likes to annoy her..because he likes her. 

The adults want their kids to go to SNU. Their methods help them academically but not emotionally or mentally. It's draining. They want them accepted  at SNU for prestige. for boasting to others. Of course they want to beam with pride. But it's sending the wrong message in that if their kids  don't pass and get accepted at SNU it means kids don't have the brains and the smarts.  It's not wrong to spend for kids tutorial or cram class if you have the money.  but the approach is wrong.

HSJ is soooooooooo stressed. with a lot of them...with  hubby JS with bff JJ with coach KJY with mother in law. It showed her face.

You know what I want to happen? All the children join forces to expose someone, to correct something, to make the greed and  constant pressure of the adult blow up their parents faces, to not be eaten by elite conformity - because they are the wealthy sons and daughters they have the  uphold the standards and the norms expected of them. They need to join forces.

As for the adults LSI is writing a book which will expose wrongful mean, and  pressures to excel. She got the idea after accidentally reading the last journal entry of YJl. Maybe everyone will realize supporting does not mean pressuring. Young Jae and his  diary entry is the catalyst for change.

• Like 6

Article from Netizenbuzz

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/12/tv-sky-castle-dethrones-boyfriend-as.html?m=1

Monday, December 17, 2018

TV: 'Sky Castle' dethrones 'Boyfriend' as most hyped drama

201812171415504110_1.jpg

Article: 'Sky Castle' manages to beat out Song Hye Gyo x Park Bogum's 'Boyfriend' for #1 in drama hype

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+922, -12] People prefer quality dramas now. We're past the generation where people watched dramas just for the star cast.

2. [+865, -9] Because the drama is full of great actors right down to the child roles. All four ajummas and ajusshies of the castle are so good.. and Kim Seo Hyung gives me goosebumps.

3. [+737, -6] Watch it once and you'll fall for it.. the characters are so perfect and goosebump-inducing~

4. [+90, -6] Standards have gone up and I feel like 'Sky Castle' really raises the quality of Korean dramas. The director said that the cast really put their soul into their acting and we can see that.

5. [+75, -2] 'Sky Castle' is so good.

6. [+58, -3] The tension in the drama is crazy, it's been so long since I've waited week for week

11. [+39, -2] 'Sky Castle' entire cast is made up of talented actors, even down to the young child actors.

12. [+31, -3] Top stars are only useful for the first episode. Just like how a good restaurant needs to have good food, a drama needs to be a good drama to keep people interested.

13. [+30, -2] Best drama of the year!

14. [+28, -3] 'Sky Castle' truly shows what it means to have an hour fly by

-
0000540854_001_20181217172321072.jpg

Article: Park Yoona reps, "She will be starring in 'Sky Castle'"

Source: MK Sports via Naver

1. [+328, -6] Oh daebak, Seri nuna is finally going to show up. I'm super curious what her personality will be like.

2. [+153, -7] So she's the Harvard daughter of Professor Cha and Yoon Se Ah... I have a feeling she'll show up in the story after dropping out of Harvard or make a return with a foreign boyfriend and shake things up....

3. [+25, -1] Hul, this drama has become such a headliner now. Really shows what a drama without a star casting can do as long as it has great acting and a script.

4. [+20, -1] Didn't think we'd see Seri but I guess we are, Professor Cha's most favorite daughter

5. [+12, -0] Professor Cha kept bragging about how she's so smart because she takes after him, finally we get to see her ㅋㅋ
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Picking up on the theme of Bolero (from @Auntie Mame) - it's a dance as well.  Vividly portrayed in the verbal interplay between Prof Cha and SeoJin as they faced off with the long table separating them - Both at the head of the table, using their children as pawns in their battle for supremacy.  A cleverly choreographed dance of words as both jousted for prime position.

As for the the musical composition, the metronome that Prof Cha uses is an apt depiction.  It's methodical, repetitive and singular.  Ravel's Bolero is 15 minutes long...Ravel keeps repeating the same tune...to the listening audience with an ear for music, it is a piece that is haunting yet frustrating because it seems to go nowhere..repeating the same tune over and over, it can drive you to insanity...which I guess was his whole intent.  It only changes in the final daring modulation from C to E major and it is supposed to be the final release of pent-up frustration (with fireworks).  It does end with a crescendo...but for the trained ear, it is VERY abrupt and it leaves you teetering on the edge...expecting more but never getting it.

When Bolero was first played in the Paris Opera in 1928, it was reported that one lady was heard screaming at the end, "The madman!"  And Ravel upon hearing about it, was reportedly to have remarked, "That lady.  She understood."

Even the wisest man on earth Solomon himself penned these words in the Bible (Eccles 12:12)

"My son, beware of anything beyond these.  Of making many books, there is no end and much study is a weariness of the flesh."

I guess as @Auntie Mame suggested, the editorial comment could well be that there is truly no end to the relentless acquisition of knowledge.  It has the potential to lead to insanity (eg Kay), it is vexation to the spirit, it is a chasing after the wind (Eccles 1:14).

EDIT - and I agree with @Nanana85, that there is some hidden driver to SooIm's persistence in "minding someone else's business" and consistently stepping in uninvited into other family's personal affairs.  Is it because of her strong sense of social justice (because she's a writer?) or is there more?

Wow ! You put it beautifully what was nagging in my thoughts about the Bolero music and the verbal chess between Prof. Cha and SeoJin. Why do I feel one of them is going to go crazy in the end! The two of them already seems to have maniacal behaviours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I tell you I giggled and laugh.  The Cha family is my favorite.  The protective mom to the twins and now Noona's ( Park Yoona character) coming home from Harvard.  Do you think She might know something about  KJY from ''Fairfax Virginia?"

sc ctto

Dun94vAW0AA4avw.jpg

Dun7kvhU8AY2m7i.jpg

Whenever CHM and NSH have scenes the banter the confrontation is good. NSH is my favorite.  CHM is ssooooo amusingly domineering authoritative but hey... he can't win against NSH.

Well.... HSJ said it....:o:D:sweatingbullets:

Duo7yISXQAAwDYj.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 12/17/2018 at 11:27 PM, justamom said:

Helloooooo everybody!!!!  It’s been a looong time! I broke my Soompi fast to come back and post here, because I’ve been hearing so much about Sky Castle from my Korean friends. And I come here and see @jongski, @Wotad and @africandramalover? It’s a party!

(are you kidding there’s a drama cooler than My Ahjussi this year?)

I actually haven’t watched anything but i read some of your posts and my Korean friends keep telling me to watch...so I’m going to get started! And I’ll be back!

(I haven’t watched any drama in full since My Ahjussi, just bits here and there, but everything so far has sucked...so am really glad to finally have another mature drama! With mature actors—yes! And Oh Nara I’ve missed you!!)

@justamom It's second after My Ahjussi. I have recovered enough to be able to enjoy other dramas without internally judging them, but not enough to rewatch My Ahjussi without feeling some type of way...:tears:

I highly recommend you start on this drama. Your friends and I are right! All the characters are the best kind of crazy! It is the perfect way to end such a great year for dramas, though I wonder how it will fare in the awards season next year. Yum Jung Ah (the crazy mum) MUST win something.

I found a video of some Korean Mothers discussing SKY Castle. (No English translations though. Someone help.) If they can spend 15 minutes discussing it, then it seems the drama is really provoking conversation in Korea, as shown by the rise in ratings.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:54 AM, leeminhosny said:

This drama has two paths to go from now on. 1. Focus entirely on Hye Na = standard Korean makjang drama route // 2. Reduce importance of Hye Na's character and go back to how it felt like in the first half = sophisticated, extraordinary masterpiece. 

Have to agree with the person who posted this on Korean SNS.....

I think the entrance of Hye Na and the return of the Harvard daughter will shake things up, in addition to Soo Im's nosiness. Then there's coach Kim, her evil study methods, and the mysterious person she took crayons to. Plus the neighborhood still doesn't know why Myung Joo killed herself. With the deletion of the diary, Young Jae may be the one to expose the truth about coach Kim and his parents... I can't wait to see the castle fall down! A change in studying methods is about to happen in this pretentious corner of Korea.

Predictions from here on out...

--- The marriage between Han Seo-Jin and Kang Joon Sang will crash. It's already on perilous waters, but the return of HyeNa, the rival of Ye-Seo and lovechild of Joon Sang and his true love will dash their marriage against the rocks. Joon Sang will obviously have to show love to this new daughter, Ye Seo will want to obliterate her rival but try to be an Ubermensch and Ye-Bin (and I) will watch with glee from behind the stairs. Hye Na will be a constant reminder to Seo Jin that her husband was never really hers. They may divorce and Seo Jin will no longer be part of the high society she loves so much.

---Will the sisters remain rivals or love one another? Will Ye-Seo even make it to college? I think the rivalry is about to get worse before their relationship can get better. Hye Na may perform better, making her cruel grandmother love her for the potential she has to enter a SKY school. Grandma wins either way.

--- As for the Cha household, Seung Hye will become more assertive in pushing back against Professor for better studying methods for the twins. Professor will not go down without throwing around a few quotes:lol:. Professor is going nowhere because he's the one who needs her family name and money.

--- Gangnam Bully Mum will have a chance to help her son study better when she doesn't have to copy Seo-Jin's methods (but she needs to stop beating her husband like that, lol!). 

--- Soo-Im will write a book about a mythical place that once existed called SKY Castle, but I see her son being damaged by Hye Na as she and Ye Seo fight over their interest in him.

What do y'all think?

• Like 7

@africandramalover Do I want a divorce? Probably not. It's about family and their children and the elitism. I also will feel bad for HSJ I don't like her but in hindsight ...she's doing.. she got into this as she doesn't want to go back to her poor past. Only the mother in law knows about the lies and the her background. After reading Young Jae's diary, she changed her mind and  removed coach from being the tutor but  the mother in law holds the power (and whatever she demands, she has to do it.. and that's to get YS SNU) and so she begged and knelt down in front of the coach to take  Yeh Sub back knowing the full consequence of her actions and reading the diary.  She has to open her eyes to reality.. because of her status she thinks everything is handed to her on silver platter but that's because she climb up the social circle to have that elite status.  Prof Cha is like the female version of HSJ.. he's not the one who's got the wealth and power it's his wife. But credit (okay, fine) to him cos he is intelligent and smart even if he failed in his political ambition. He thought marrying a congressman's daughter will be enough but not to be.   NSH has husband that pushes her boundaries and test her limits while HSJ, it's more of her main foe is the mother in law.

JJ on the other hand admitted she doesn't have the convictions of HSJ or the strong back bone of Soo Im. How she rears and help her son to be the best is from how she the other Sky Castle moms do it.  But she is aware that it's making her son unhappy and uncomfortable.

Soo Im. whatever happens to Woo Joo,  she will remind him of what's the best thing to do but other than that, but ultimately Woo Joo decision and how to handle school and studying and personal life... she will respect that. She isn't the biological mother hence  she lets Woo Joo  decide best on how to achieve the scholastic dream and being number one.  Yes, she's writing a book which will be different from what she normally does.

OT: By the way, I consider My Mister still top drama of 2018 (deserve all the awards).  This Sky Castle, The smile that Has Left Your Eye, Misty, Your Honor. Best dramas of 2018 but that's just my choice. Mr Sunshine for cinematography. I didn't watch the whole drama only 7 episodes.

• Like 5

OMG what did I just watch?

(bear with me here, I’m catching up)

couldn't wait for the hubby so started watching episode 1 tonight. I love how each character is real and not just put in there for the sake of furthering the plot, that’s a sign the writer has really spent a lot of time with his/her characters, it feels like each one even the minor ones has a story to tell. I could sense I was in the hands of a skilled writer.

I did think the build up was a bit slow, but i could sense something big and drastic was coming. But boy did i not expect the ending. It had me shook. My heart leapt to my throat and it’s still there now.

PS oh and I recognized so many fantastic older actors who would otherwise just be part of a supporting cast or minor role. What a solid cast. Love!

@sadiesmith @h2ogirl come come watch with me! @40somethingahjumma @chickfactor @oldschooler This might be up your alley too

• Like 7

12 hours ago, justamom said:

I did think the build up was a bit slow, but i could sense something big and drastic was coming. But boy did i not expect the ending. It had me shook. My heart leapt to my throat and it’s still there now.

lol!! The end of episode 1 does that to you. I watch dramas while lying on my side, but the end of that episode had me in an upright position with my hands on my mouth and head.

12 hours ago, jongski said:

Do I want a divorce? Probably not. It's about family and their children and the elitism. I also will feel bad for HSJ I don't like her but in hindsight ...she's doing.. she got into this as she doesn't want to go back to her poor past.

Hubby may want to divorce her when he discovers her part in getting rid of his first love and the lies he's lived since, but I agree, it's not the main focus.

Either way, I expect the dynamics to change and bring in more conflict as the characters react to one another. Hopefully, the focus remains on the elitism of education. 

Do you wonder how these couples even got together? How on earth did Prof Cha get SeungHye to marry him? Or even have children? lol! JinHee probably beat down Yang Woo and dragged him to the altar. He is the "My wife is a gangster" kind of man. Thinking about their courtships amuses me to no end. 

18 hours ago, jongski said:

Do you think She might know something about  KJY from ''Fairfax Virginia?"

I hope so!! Jennifer from Fairfax needs to be exposed! That's the problem with being an immigrant.... your country-mates who would otherwise not know you if you were back in your country now know all your dirt in the foreign country!

On 12/18/2018 at 1:34 AM, jongski said:

You know what I want to happen? All the children join forces to expose someone, to correct something, to make the greed and  constant pressure of the adult blow up their parents faces, to not be eaten by elite conformity - because they are the wealthy sons and daughters they have the  uphold the standards and the norms expected of them. They need to join forces.

Do you think the children will rebel if and when the reason for the break up of YoungJae's family comes to light? The twins may become braver in facing their father and his methods...

12 hours ago, jongski said:

OT: By the way, I consider My Mister still top drama of 2018 (deserve all the awards).  This Sky Castle, The smile that Has Left Your Eye, Misty, Your Honor. Best dramas of 2018 but that's just my choice. Mr Sunshine for cinematography. I didn't watch the whole drama only 7 episodes.

Despite the mess that was the last two episodes of MISTY, I will still watch anything by that writer.:joy: There have been some outstanding dramas this year, but we are living in a post-My Ahjussi world now... The bar is too high!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, justamom said:

Yes Ep 1 was a bit bewildering because they threw all the characters together in the one big party all at once and for the most part I was struggling to figure out who belonged to which family and what their names were.  :lol:

But yes that cliffhanger at the end was what sealed it for me...had to keep watching and just let the characters and story play out.  It just kept getting better with each episode.  No wonder the ratings kept on an upward trend as word of mouth brought in more and more viewers weekly. Dark horse in the drama stakes that's for sure...but better late than never. :)

• Like 7

@justamom I like your reaction. Lets watch all the way and to all the chingus here too.

@africandramalover I was trying to remember what  was her English name. Thanks for reminding me. Jennifer.... A lot of of exemplary smart Asians enrolled at Ivy league universities (IRL) and so in keeping with this drama CHM eldest daughter and twin's noon  back from Harvard. I'm sure she's going to add to the equation of the mystery  of the coach. The writers will not bring her character back  just for  appearance sake. 

Also,  watch for the young actors from this drama ( and dance sport girls) we'll likely see some of them  on the next installment of KBS school series School  2019. I sense it. I really don't know any actors in this drama except Kang Chan Hee ( CYHMH, Signal.. I've seen  both dramas) but for all the actors here the ahjummas and ahjusshis terrific  acting. The actor playing prof Cha.. kudos to him.

• Like 7