[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

LSI is like a trigger of some sort to the women in that place. I like LSI's effect on NSH. During the first episodes, NSH was just a "stupid, no backbone" wife. She follows everything her husband tells her to do (grudgingly). She does love her kids and we can see that when she made them get out of the house during that snowy night. She wanted to protect them but she doesn't know how. LSI made her realize that she can do something about it by starting with what is within her control. And by taking that first step, she realized that she can do more, much more than she expected.

LSI's effect on HSJ is making her act who she really is with no pretension at all. Since LSI is the only one who knows HSJ's past, HSJ just all out richard simmons out on her. She curses, threatens and act crude to LSI in contrast to her refined, elegant and composed self when she's with her "friends".

On the other hand, LSI and JJH is just a funny combination. It's like watching Queen bee's minion fight the heroine of the drama. I hope to see her on LSI's side someday. It will be fun.

Just a little trivia tho I don't know if it's related to the drama. The Hwang Family's name 황 also means "ruler, pheonix, bright" among others. Maybe they were born to rule Sky Castle. Or maybe they are like a phoenix, they were burned to ashes before (death of first wife) but they rose from the ashes and came back gloriously.

• Like 5

Anyone notice who is the lady that throwing some money? to Kim Hyena. Wondering with whom she's living since her mother is hospitalized.

And what is the help that her mother beg to prof Kang? I'm curious what will happen between yesuh dan hyena once their parents secret reveal. And seems like tonight eps we will get some competition during the kids. They mention about chairman student council election, and i think yesuh and hyena will head to head to win the position.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

Anyone notice who is the lady that throwing some money? to Kim Hyena. Wondering with whom she's living since her mother is hospitalized.

And what is the help that her mother beg to prof Kang? I'm curious what will happen between yesuh dan hyena once their parents secret reveal. And seems like tonight eps we will get some competition during the kids. They mention about chairman student council election, and i think yesuh and hyena will head to head to win the position.

We still don't know Hyena's relationship with Dr. Kang or if they are even related. What we know is that Hyena's mom is his first love and that mom is reaching out to him to help Hyena but as I've said it's still not clear yet. 

As for the money... Are you talking about the preview? That is Do Hoon's mom, she's the mom that HSJ was talking to when she was looking for a study group for YehSuh...

• Like 4

Disclaimer : I don't mean to poke fun at anyone so please don't misunderstand.  Sorry to railroad the serious conversations about plot lines and character assessments.  This must just be our thread's little commercial break...a word from the sponsors. :)

I had to do a quick double take on the name of Hyena penned above.  I am bad with Korean names and it takes me ages to remember them and even then sometimes I have to refer to Wiki to find out what a particular character's name is...but her name... It reads HYENA

"Hyenas or hyaenas (from Greek ὕαινα hýaina[1]) are any feliform carnivoran mammals of the family Hyaenidae /haɪˈɛnɪdiː/. With only four extant species (in three genera), it is the fifth-smallest biological family in the Carnivora, and one of the smallest in the class Mammalia."

Cr - Wikipedia

hyennas.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

© Will Burrard-Lucas via bioGraphic

And the irony - I am laughing... :lol: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nanana85 said:

TO me it looked like that lady who had the son and had that big gathering of women i forgot her name though. Han Seo Jin wanted to join the group that lady's son was a part of .

Might not be her but i swear it seems like her. 

7 hours ago, cooleet said:

We still don't know Hyena's relationship with Dr. Kang or if they are even related. What we know is that Hyena's mom is his first love and that mom is reaching out to him to help Hyena but as I've said it's still not clear yet. 

As for the money... Are you talking about the preview? That is Do Hoon's mom, she's the mom that HSJ was talking to when she was looking for a study group for YehSuh...

ah yeah you got it ;p 

• Like 2

Just got back . Waiting for sub ep 7.

16 hours ago, cooleet said:

@cooleet Hyena father  could  be JS or maybe not. during flashback of HSJ outburst she got mad told  JS to stop  saying Eun Hye's name and stop seeking that that she's already married and has a child. Hyena.  HSJ broke EH and JS relationship which the JS mother was trying to do but instead  HSJ did through her cunning ways.  EH was nurse aid..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone ! I'm new on this thread !

I watched the last ep and  I just cant with HSJ she is a terrible person. She is conniving, manipulative she found her match with that teacher for sure.

I hope the story doesnt end well for her too bad YS will probably pay the price but she needs to be brought down a notch her mother does too. I find no redeeming qualities in her (HSJ).

I thankful I did not had to go through a school experience like that. Of course at times there is going to be competitions but for them to hand wealthy kids trophees and prizes over regular kids is so unfair.

• Like 4

[SKY Castle] Ep 7 spoilers, Yum Jung Ah x Lee Tae Ran x Yoon Se Ah

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Kim Seo Hyung meets Song Geon Hee's father, Yu Seong Ju, "A late greeting" 

1. [+2291,-18]
The twins' mother seems like a really lovely character.. She uses her gentle voice to control her husband, that was interesting to watch. 

2. [+957,-19]
It's fun. The ending is awesome today. I think the ending will be awesome tomorrow too. Oh Na Ra-nim is cute. What will happen to Hye Na now... I think she'll be dragged for the evaluations... Don't feel good about this student.....

3. [+928,-23]
Looks like teacher Kim Joo Young will disclose how Hye Na does those evaluations. And Hye Na will lose the election.. Of course, it's just what I think. 

4. [+1170,-40]
After watching a trashy drama like Boyfriend, watching SKY Castle purifies my eyes... As expected, scriptwriters are the most important people in dramas... This scriptwriter writes well... I acknowledge that. It's fun. 

5. [+512,-14]
Wow, seriously. Time flies.. Stop airing ads. 

6. [+436,-4]
I'm surprised to see that the scriptwriter portrays how trashy and degrading our country's education is realistically. Please, I hope the people in the Ministry of Education sees this. There are so many things to improve on. Please reflect. This isn't just interesting, but this shows the education crisis in our country. 

7. [+296,-5]
That girl, Hye Na.. Somehow, she seems tougher than Ye Seo. 

8. [+266,-2]
Does Young Jae's father have the right to blame others? 

9. [+261,-1]
Teacher Kim Joo Young may be in the wrong, but why is everything her fault? They are having problems themselves too. If things go well, it's because of them. But when things go wrong, it's someone else's fault? ...I think Young Jae's father will kill himself out of guilt. 

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Yum Jung Ah makes up with Lee Ji Won, "Even if you're upset, talk to me about it" 

1. [+487,-6]
You can believe in and watch Yum Jung Ah~ But the child actress acting as her daughter Ye Bin is really good too. It's my first time seeing her... 

2. [+158,-1]
Ye Bin is really born for acting~ I can feel her energy. Fighting!! 

3. [+151,-4]
I feel bad seeing Young Jae's family separated because of his family's selfishness and greed that led them to giving him education in the wrong way. 

4. [+127,-1]
What's with this drama, seriously?~ There are no unnecessary scenes. It's perfect. Even those 1min previews are perfect, really.

5. [+67,-7]
By the way.. Do something about Lee Tae Ran's bangs.. Her character is a children's book 

writer.. do they have to portray her in such a tacky way.. She lives in the Castle, and her husband is a doctor, I don't think she'd be so tacky.. Please let her look more sophisticated~~ I'm Lee Tae Ran's fan~~ 

6. [+56,-3]
Hye Na received money to do the evaluation. But she acts upright, and wants to get rid of the special? class. ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, the coordi might disclose that and she will be eliminated from being a Chairman. 

7. [+40,-1]
In dramas, the mothers take their own lives, but in reality, the kids take their own lives. That's scarier. 

• Like 4

Re Eun Hye (Hye Na's mother) - when I first saw the interchanges referencing her, I didn't get the impression that Hye Na was Dr Kang's daughter.  I just felt the story unfolded like @jongski said.  That KJS's mother disapproved of EH's relationship with her son because of her lowly status as a nurse's aide?  She would do her son no favors in the cut throat fight to the top of the medical field.  HSJ probably had a similar status but she had ambition and drive (something which was probably lacking in EH).  It wouldn't surprise me if she seduced KJS somehow and pushed him into breaking up with EH (his actions after the phone call from EH and his drunken outburst to HJS when the girls were little seem to imply he was not a willing party to the split and he was living with regret).  Also EH's conversation with Hye Na at the hospital (? Actually it didn't look like a hospital, it looked like a hospice - to be confirmed), EH seemed to have some chronic medical condition.  Was the condition terminal?  She seemed to imply this when she said she would be better off dead for Hye Na's sake?  And Hye Na berated her for thinking that way before going to the bathroom to shed tears?  Hye Na was struggling to pay the bills for her mother's illness (overheard by WooJoo).  I feel like Earth Mother SooIm will step in and help Hye Na and EH.  She's not the sort of woman who will turn a blind eye to wrongs/suffering in society that she can do something about (like she did with YeBin).

HSJ's relationship with her mother-in-law (KJS's mother) is an interesting one.  Notice how she (HJS) responds always with deference to her.  She isn't like that at all even with SooIm who knows her past.  At first I thought it was merely the usual 'respect for your elders' type scenario but I have a feeling it's more.  Their relationship sounds almost contractual.  The MIL allowed her into the family on the condition that their progeny would be raised and driven to succeed in life as a doctor (theirs was one of a medical pedigree lineage dating back a few generations?).  Hence HJS's position in the Kang household was tenuous at best and the carefully crafted veneer of having been of an middle-upper class status hinged on her ability to drive YeSuh to fulfil her grandmother's wishes (that was HJS's side of the bargain).  It explains to a certain extent her desperation at times when she seemed to have lost the upper hand (eg potentially losing Coach Kim).  She's built a house of cards with lies, knowing full well if YeSuh doesn't succeed, it will all come tumbling down.

EDIT - haven't watched Ep 7 yet but will try to catch it some time today.

• Like 3

I just realise.. so the guy who is seeing HSJ was Youngjae father? And now he want to kill coach Kim? Cant wait to watch with Indo sub, i always waiting patiently so I'm not missing any content or dialog.

Rating is out. Congrats, it's 8,4%.

Saturday eps is usually higher than friday, so hope it keep rising. :D

• Like 3

Hi everyone~ i tried to steer away from dramas but sky castle is addictive :sweatingbullets:

I just finished ep 7. Hyena reminds me of the girl in the thai movie bad genius. Very bright and clever but uses that to gain money.

3W72119s5BjWMGm4Xa2MvD5AT2bJsSA8F9WeC71v

I hope hyena doesnt get dragged to the ground. What she's doing is not right in the slightest but given her circumstances - a sick mother and financially supporting them both by herself, i kinda understand why she went to extremes to obtain money. On the bright side, at least she uses her brain and stays in school. It could have been a lot worse. I dont think the blame should be put on Hyena only, if the rich lady didnt hire her than this cheating agreement wouldnt have happened.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, effy1994 said:

I hope the story doesnt end well for her too bad YS will probably pay the price but she needs to be brought down a notch her mother does too. I find no redeeming qualities in her (HSJ).

Took the 'thought' right out of my 'mind'! Yeah I personally think HSJ's sins would rub off on YS and yes I agress with nonexistent redeeming quality, I foresee it will all boil down to regret. However for Prof. Cha, just please please, some enlightenment come upon him and make him realize that he has been so wrong to the twins and his wife.

14 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

1. [+2291,-18]
The twins' mother seems like a really lovely character.. She uses her gentle voice to control her husband, that was interesting to watch. 
3. [+928,-23]
Looks like teacher Kim Joo Young will disclose how Hye Na does those evaluations. And Hye Na will lose the election.. Of course, it's just what I think. 

9. [+261,-1]
Teacher Kim Joo Young may be in the wrong, but why is everything her fault? They are having problems themselves too. If things go well, it's because of them. But when things go wrong, it's someone else's fault? ...I think Young Jae's father will kill himself out of guilt. 

For the twins mother, I do hope she won't be snapped (just like YJ's mother) judging the last gesture of frustration and I bet, her patience is running out and her endurance will waver at some point. She is, also my favorite character; the way the writers create and shape her, I like that she smartly yet silently observes everything before goes into action mode.

From the last sequence of Ep. 7, I think she will eventually uses HN's 'secret business' as a weapon to destroy her and pave the way for YS, seeing how determined HSJ is. I must admit, she is other character that I find myself kinda attracted to, so many layers, secrets and skeletons that she has been tightly hiding. She is clever enough to instill (and sort of fuel) YS and using reverse psychology. I doubt she will die tho lol

The third comment tho! Yeah seems like errbody in YJ's fam tries to find someone they can blame. I know she partakes and contributes indirectly to YJ's mom death but didn't they commit to 'sell' their soul to her at the beginning when she offered the contract?

14 hours ago, nrllee said:

HSJ's relationship with her mother-in-law (KJS's mother) is an interesting one.  Notice how she (HJS) responds always with deference to her.  She isn't like that at all even with SooIm who knows her past.  At first I thought it was merely the usual 'respect for your elders' type scenario but I have a feeling it's more.  Their relationship sounds almost contractual.  The MIL allowed her into the family on the condition that their progeny would be raised and driven to succeed in life as a doctor (theirs was one of a medical pedigree lineage dating back a few generations?).  Hence HJS's position in the Kang household was tenuous at best and the carefully crafted veneer of having been of an middle-upper class status hinged on her ability to drive YeSuh to fulfil her grandmother's wishes (that was HJS's side of the bargain).  It explains to a certain extent her desperation at times when she seemed to have lost the upper hand (eg potentially losing Coach Kim).  She's built a house of cards with lies, knowing full well if YeSuh doesn't succeed, it will all come tumbling down.

Well she seems always has her way to be accepted, like if I'm not mistaken, she purposely got pregnant so that Prof. Kang would be hers.

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Hi everyone~ i tried to steer away from dramas but sky castle is addictive :sweatingbullets:

I just finished ep 7. Hyena reminds me of the girl in the thai movie bad genius. Very bright and clever but uses that to gain money.

I hope hyena doesnt get dragged to the ground. What she's doing is not right in the slightest but given her circumstances - a sick mother and financially supporting them both by herself, i kinda understand why she went to extremes to obtain money. On the bright side, at least she uses her brain and stays in school. It could have been a lot worse. I dont think the blame should be put on Hyena only, if the rich lady didnt hire her than this cheating agreement wouldnt have happened.

Exactly! I like when she played hard to get when the ahjumma didn't want to pay her handsomely

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 3

Just finished watching episode 7. I hate how KJY motivates her students to get to the top. She uses their weakness to manipulate them. It's painful to watch and I suddenly pity YehSuh because instead of her becoming a better person, I'm getting scared of what might become of her. I'm just so bothered with it. 

As for JinJin (as he husband calls her) I like her. I like how real she is. She loves her family and you can see that in their interactions. It's just sad that connections are so important to her. But I hope Dr. Woo will get the best surgery.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cooleet said:

https://youtu.be/FDYlBiWYqBs

Now that Hyena's mom is dead, YehSuh better be ready. HyeNa has nothing to lose now. 

Anyone here who knows Korean? I only have limited Korean language skills and I heard the word "daughter" here, so, is HyeNa really Dr. Kangs daughter?

I found a live tweet that states thusly!

https://twitter.com/waenyeolli/status/1073958894672572416

• Like 2

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Rating 9.5%

Wow thats high! Congrats sky castle cast and crew :)

i just finished ep 8. I felt bad for hyena, she's so lonely but i know she can survive on her own. Ye Suh on the other hand, i hope she remains mentally strong and ace her exams. Ye Suh is a pain but she really wants to succeed, though her methods are wrong since she's relying on the coach to do the grunt work. No wonder coach dragged her down when she got only several points more than hyena. Hyena has no special coaching and even has time to do someone elses exam/paper/assignment(?) but still manage to get high scores.

Coach is shady. What exactly is her motive? Huhuhu 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6