[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

After watching ep 16 with subs, it is without a doubt that Coach Kim was involved in WJ's arrest and so for sure it wasn't WJ who killed HyeNa. I feel so bad for him after all the guilt he probably felt from inviting her to his bday party and even quarrelling with her before she passed. 

Dr Kang just entered my hate list as well, him making the offhand remarks about WJ supposedly killing HyeNa, not attending the funeral, etc, when at the end of the day, his decision lost HyeNa her chance at living. He's not any less guilty, yet shows zero remorse. The Kang family just seems messed up, except for our dear YeBin who looks like the one who will set things right. 

I hope YeSeo takes some action after seeing all the unjust. She was so sure it isn't WJ that she must know who it actually was.

• Like 5

Wow, just wow. So aint bad enough that HyeNa is dead but now they gone after WJ. We know Coach Kim is a psycho so her actions aren't surprising but HSJ is some next level evil, she aint no better. What she doesn't realise while she still obsessing with Yesu getting into uni she has already lost both her daughters. Yesu has no respect for her and once she finds out about her colluding to frame WJ she's gonnna leave. Ye Bin still had a small shred of respect for her, but now with the Hye Na revalation and once her colusion covering her death is reavealed she'll cut ties too, young as she is Ye Bin ain't no fool.  Looking forward to seeing her get hers. Can't wait for next week hope the revaltion about HyeNa being his child and that he has her blood on his hands also will drive Dr Kang crazy the bastard.

I saw some people early talking about the Hwang's being "perfect" family..etc but I've never seen them that way. I see them as a family that has weathered the storm. They've had problems but they've dealt with it and come out the other end scarred but stronger together. Coach Kim has picked the wrong family. They won't quit on each other they will fight to the end. I think because of Lee Soo Im  Coach Kim has started making even bolder moves and this will be her undoing cause look now even the secretary is uncomfortable, he'll sell her out eventually and now Soo Im will be straight up gunning for her. She shouldn't have messed with WJ. 

Also Dr Hwang had no options, where would he get the staff and the room to operate on Hye Na even if he wanted to. Power hungry Kang already said no and none of the staff would go against him.  Plus as the only Dr available he couldn' not operate on th boy even if he was pissed, morally and ethically he wouldn't do that. He's gonna end up raising hell in that hospital once WJ is sorted

ON a lighter note I laughed so much when the twins lifted up their dad to kick him out. I knew she'd end up kicking him out good on her. She gave him enough leeway but she's reached her limit when it comes to her kids.  Love how her kids are able to speak their minds when they've reached theirs and not just cower away,  all because of her nuturing while deluded hubby thought she was being useless.

Not long left.... what and how will things be revealled? Can't wait!

• Like 7

The Butler did it!

Anyways I was hoping the evidence in the trash lorry will fall onto the side of the road coz of a bumper! It looked a bit unsteady they way SJ put it on. It's a serious crime to tamper with evidence and i hope they arrest her for this crime.

I'm really worried what will happen to Woojoo now. I don't feel he will come out unscathed before the drama is over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

The Butler did it!

Anyways I was hoping the evidence in the trash lorry will fall onto the side of the road coz of a bumper! It looked a bit unsteady they way SJ put it on. It's a serious crime to tamper with evidence and i hope they arrest her for this crime.

I'm really worried what will happen to Woojoo now. I don't feel he will come out unscathed before the drama is over.

Unfortunately I think you right. At the very least he'll have a breakdown of some sorts I feel.

• Like 5

I think the dashboard cam is from the killer’s car. And they doctored the video, editing out the killer and jumping straight to the moment where Woo Joo with his bright red sweater leaned out of the balcony. Now my question is, how did the killer slip in and out unnoticed?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

If KJY is really behind this, there should be a proper explanation. Because the police himself said it's almost impossible to believe there's another real culprit with all the coincidence. Can't wait until next week

I thought all those "coincidences" pointed straight to KJY, because she has shown how meticulous she is.

2 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

The Butler did it!

I thought the same thing about the trash bag.  It still might turn up.

1 hour ago, justamom said:

I think the dashboard cam is from the killer’s car. And they doctored the video, editing out the killer and jumping straight to the moment where Woo Joo with his bright red sweater leaned out of the balcony. Now my question is, how did the killer slip in and out unnoticed?

KJY definitely set up all the evidence.  I won't say my theory out loud, cuz it's too crazy.  :lol:

I want to know about "water" and the boiler room.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tas82 said:

I saw some people early talking about the Hwang's being "perfect" family..etc but I've never seen them that way. I see them as a family that has weathered the storm. They've had problems but they've dealt with it and come out the other end scarred but stronger together. 

My thoughts exactly.  They have learnt to respect each other and talk sensibly like adults and work through issues.  They listen (I mean really listen) to each other, they have their own opinions and voice them respectfully.  Remember that interchange between SooIm and Prof Hwang in the hallway when she told him she was going to confront Coach Kim?  He told her he was worried and would prefer her not to because Coach Kim sounded dangerous.  She replied she had a Black Belt in Taekwondo and she could handle her.  You could see he was still worried, but he let her make that decision herself and didn't impose his on hers.  He respected her enough to make the right choice.

Same when WooJoo blew up at Prof Hwang when HyeNa died.  Prof Hwang went to his room, and they talked it out.  Apologies were made, he listened and respected WooJoo's point of view.  He tried to understand, the relationship was restored.  In the end it's all about the relationship.  WooJoo's arrest is their biggest test thus far but from all the scenes, they are together in it...both Prof Hwang AND SooIm together supporting WooJoo...believing him to be innocent despite all the evidence pointing at the opposite.  No blame.  No fault finding.  Husband and Wife stand together as a team.  

• Like 8

I've watched Sky Castle since the beginning but only came to the thread after reading so many theories and speculations about it. Gotta admit that those theories are wild, but I find some that makes sense! SC has become a bit more dramatic than I would like, but it's still so intriguing that I'm like "okay do whatever you want I'll be here watching!"

A lot of people are defending WJ, but he is the most suspicious one for me. YS may hate HN so much but I don't think she's capable of murder. I think KJY is some involved too because she keeps telling Teacher Jo and HSJ that they have to make sure that WJ is arrested (and she tells Teacher Jo to 'wrap things up' so yeah there's that). SR doesn't have a motive, I mean even if HN didn't tell anyone about her fake Harvard admission, everyone would've found out one way or another and she knows that too. Seri isn't really embarrassed of that; she's just afraid of her father's reaction. 

I probably read it from but the character description I forgot when but it said that WJ is someone nice but he has ambitions too. He probably doesn't show it but who knows, he probably has things that he hides. We all know he was quite the rebellious one before moving to SC. If WJ is the real culprit though then I hope the reason will be interesting, not just the usual boyfriend-kills-girlfriend-out-of-revenge. It's clear that HN only uses WJ to her advantage and he's aware of that; maybe something more serious happened and we just don't know about it yet.

• Like 6

I don't know about y'all, but I'm out of theories. I'll just wait for whatever will happen because Writernim is determined to shock us!! The last few minutes of episode 16 had me watching my screen with my mouth open, and I'm not exaggerating!!

Spoiler

I recall seeing a picture of the writer and PD on this forum when they were at the script reading, but I can't see it anymore! I can't find anything online either! Does anyone have that picture (or was I dreaming?)

This drama continues to serve comedy alongside a thrilling story and societal issues. Seeing the parents fighting, Prof. Cha spitting on Doc while defending his daughter with the arguments he had rejected a few scenes earlier just shows the quality of comedic writing and acting. The friendships keep shifting, with characters falling out and making up because they need to gain something from one another, and inner biases showing in times of crisis.

The dignified and sober Seung Hye had avoided judging SuJin but finally showed her prejudice when she called SuJin with her commoner name during the argument....KWAK MI HYANG!!! That scene was as jolting as it was hilarious, but very much in tune with the lyrics of the OST. "We all lie, tell you the truth..... play with a mask, to hide the truth....".  This Castle is full of fakes, but I would also have called SuJin by her name in such a situation, just to shut her down before she plucks off my lips...:ph34r:

Like everyone else, I'm so excited to see the stratospheric ratings!! It was an obvious hit right from episode 1 scene 1! Hopefully it can get to 25%+ by the final episode!

I expect that the SKY Castle will implode, as shown when KiJoon broke the pyramid. They all need to come back down to the even plane of the round earth. Every family is facing a crisis that threatens their existence. Professor Cha and family may have a headstart in confronting their problems, but they're not out of the woods yet. How will Cha respond to being dethroned? How will the father of HyeNa react to his wife hiding the truth? ( I smell a divorce unless they can learn from their mistakes). Will YeBin lose respect for her mother? Will YeSeo be saved from Coach Kim? What's the deal with Coach Kim?

As for Kwak Mi Hyang, I think the writer chose that name because it rhymes with the QUACK that she is. So I call her Quack Mi Hyang.....

• Like 5

Just dropped a little comment after watch them marathon in a week. After I finish watch them, that freaking 16 episodes, it’s left me say “this drama is so different, I found difficult to make Han Su Jin as lead, since I only know kind character will do”

but I still enjoyed it, and I think it’s gonna my fav drama for opening this year.

I came all the way here just to read all the wild thoughts about what’s behind her death, and as usual, my mind getting busy to just thinking of the possibility,

haha

I should say, welcome back my sense of analyzing, I just hope my friend @Visually-wandering Can join.

• Like 3

When Kim Hye Na first appeared in this drama i didnt expect her to be such a significant role.  I thought she would be Yesuh's school rival and just that. But the writer fledged her character out to new bounds.

Congrats Kim Bo Ra for topping the latest TV Drama Actor Ranking. I would be totally estatic if i was her. Imagine being above halyu stars park bo gum, song hye gyo, hyun bin and jang nara just to name a few B)

• Like 4

Dang it! Parents still want Coach Kims to coordinate their kids studies!!

But one thing is for sure Kim Seo hyung has become popular it seems and I love it! There are so many references to her character in tv shows too!

https://twitter.com/iccairus/status/1085035690411216896

Now I wish this actress to play a bad 'richard simmons' cop in another drama as the lead!!! It's just a simple wish.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also something to read about the writer

https://pannative.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-previous-works-that-were-done-by.html

• Like 2

In my opinion, if Coach Kim or Teacher Jo are among the suspect list, they can enter Sky Castle residence without any suspicions. After all, both have been visiting the residence to meet with YeSuh and Kang's family. They can just say they're visiting them that night.

I believe the evidence from the dashboard cam has been fabricated. When WooJo came out to the veranda, the others followed him immediately but from that short scene, only WooJo's clothes are shown for some seconds.

-----------------------------------------------

JTBC in their youtube channel made a compilation for Hyena's case.

It's about the suspect behind of her fall and later death. They asked the viewers who might have any idea about the culprit to message them. They're teasing us :lol:

(mostly of the scenes have been aired in episode 15 and 16)

Suspect list:

1. Hwang WooJo

A suspect based on the 'evidences' that the police had.

2. Cha SeRi

HyeNa spread the news that SeRi was a fake student to others and they had an argument during playing mafia game

3. Kang YeSuh

They are an enemies in school for competing the top of the class. Both abhored each other and Kang YeSuh had a desire to 'kill' HyeNa because apparently they are step-sisters

4. Kwak MiHyang (HSJ)

HyeNa, a step daughter of her husband from his old lover. She dislike and probably hate HyeNa who dare to break their agreement to not speak about her background.

5. Kim JooYoung

A woman who will do anything to put the blame of Hyena's death on WooJo and not YeSuh. She has been blackmailed by HyeNa who found out about 'her secret' to help YeSuh to be the top of her class. 

Or if she wasn't killed, then a suicide (?)

6. Kim HyeNa : A suicide.

HyeNa has lost her mother due to illness. She later found out about her birth father who didn't care at all about the possibility of her existence. She told HSJ that she's not afraid, because she has nothing to lose anymore.

• Like 4

On 1/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, africandramalover said:

Like everyone else, I'm so excited to see the stratospheric ratings!! It was an obvious hit right from episode 1 scene 1! Hopefully it can get to 25%+ by the final episode!

Yes please. This was impressive excellent show with excellent cast minus the gloss and posh of  well known  actors. Slow clap for the actors.. and the younger actors.  JTBC did goot with this drama. critical success deserves recognition.  And yeah. Kim Bora was impressive as Hyena. I don't even know who she is but I'm familiar because I think I've seen her I know from another drama glamorous temptation.. I think but not sure.

I expect that the SKY Castle will implode, as shown when KiJoon broke the pyramid. They all need to come back down to the even plane of the round earth. Every family is facing a crisis that threatens their existence. Professor Cha and family may have a headstart in confronting their problems, but they're not out of the woods yet. How will Cha respond to being dethroned? How will the father of HyeNa react to his wife hiding the truth? ( I smell a divorce unless they can learn from their mistakes). Will YeBin lose respect for her mother? Will YeSeo be saved from Coach Kim? What's the deal with Coach Kim?

Writern-nim needs to  tidy this one.  Coach Kim and how she was and how her actions and  drove the child and each family to the brink of their condition. 

As for Kwak Mi Hyang, I think the writer chose that name because it rhymes with the QUACK that she is. So I call her Quack Mi Hyang.....

Oh my!  :o:lol::D

I never liked her character I did even feel sorry for her.  But  applause to actress playing the character. Terrific acting and also the one playing  NSH.. the protective mother of the twins. Oh plus I like Kim Byung Chul (he plays Pro. Cha) l got my laughs  with his scenes. I saw that he going to be in the upcoming drama  Doctor Prisoner (Namgoong Min as the lead)

And I think for the younger actors.. Lets wait for  KBS School 2019. Got me this feelz.

@alleram95  Hyena doing suicide is......... well,  even a strong, smart, cunning one gets demoralized from all that she had to go through. But I don't think she'll do suicide. She's not just the type. Who do you think? Chingus here who do you think murdered her?

• Like 2

Is there anyone at SKY Castle who is not a fake?  I hope so.  Hye-na turned out to be just like the others.  Will the Hwang family be next?  I hope not.  Do they all lie?

One hopeful, happy moment:

tumblr_pldxtpz8zG1w2zf0ho1_540.png

"But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

• Like 1