[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

10 hours ago, justamom said:

Just finished Ep 16 and I’m screaming here!!!

Hide contents

Coach Jo was my bet after episode 15, and with the textbook scandal they’ve tied it right back to where we were earlier. I was wondering where we were going with the Whodunnit and if the show was trying to do too much, but this all fits in with Hyena’s strong sense of social justice and her trying to make the system more fair and equal. Oh, my heart! Yebin-ah! Please go to the police with what you know! Save Woo Joo!!!

Hyena must have known the risk she was taking, to put her voice recording stored safely with Yebin. This looks like quite the crime!

and again, my original question. Kim Joo Young can’t be plain evil/psychotic. What drives her? What drives her greed? What is she really trying to do? 

I think since early episodes we all knew who is behind all the died case in this drama, non other the master manipulated instructur. Kyj. But what made me dislikes the plot is the way writer describe kmy/HSJ character, does really matter to go such length to nuture your child futures, she knew everything about the instructure  psychological crime but because her ambitious and pride she just slide all the evidence she knew and worst than that she destroyed all the evidence.

Wow...who is more scary person here.

The manipulated easily get manipulated by the master of manipulated...tzk..tzk...

Surely the writer purpose writing this drama is to open society eyes to put all the matter in the right place.

But, yup... hyena died stain the story become just a "drama" nothing meaningful in it.

All the satirical, the actors good acting the heavy issue to bear, the lessons of the story might resonance and who knew to changes how to parenting become a"joke" might drift someone become criminal "

I wish all the mother outside there not do what HSJ done.

and this drama comeback in the track to be good cynical drama, to change even little bit our view about eduacation and educated poeple is not in same wavelength .

I wish my thoughs,get better after watching tonight eps.with sub. -_-

• Like 3

Its official! SKY castle is the highest rated cable drama ever as of 13th January 2019!

Congrats SKY castle cast and crew! It started with 1% ish ratings and now it is the highest rated cable drama! It hit 19%! The highest rated drama before this was 18%.

To more exciting episodes and higher ratings!

• Like 7

sky16.png

[SKY Castle] Ep 16 spoilers, Yum Jung Ah x Lee Tae Ran x Yoon Se Ah

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Chan Hee, skin tissue+black box.. evidence of murder revealed.. 

1. [+2965,-28]
It's true that Hye Na made use of Woo Joo many times... But still, I think Chan Hee isn't the murderer.. In the middle of that, one thing's for sure is that Kim Joo Young is making everyone falter within her dark clutches. 

2. [+2924,-43]
I think Kim Joo Young wants to have Ye Seo... As a compensation for her daughter that suffered from brain injury. 

3. [+1998,-29]
A fact that Hye Na had overlooked: Kim Joo Young isn't just a fox like Han Seo Jin, she's a psychopath... She didn't think that she would kill her. 

4. [+1753,-468]
Today would be the last episode if they didn't extend it... It's good that we could watch 4 more episodes, but it has become draggy... 

5. [+1040,-55]
Kim Seo Hyung made her secretary kill her. 

6. [+946,-43]
It's right that Hye Na used her courage in the wrong way. She's smart, but she doesn't have the power or conditions to fight in the adults' world. She was too aggressive and that led to her death. She went around provoking Kwak Mi Hyang, Ye Seo, Kim Joo Young and the other people in the castle. She should have endured a little more and maybe extort some money from Kang Jun Sang. He's a character who would pay money and help her to protect his reputation.. The more I see it, Hye Na's mother was very irresponsible. She should've thought of her child which she will be leaving alone after she dies. She should've said it herself at least. 

7. [+783,-7]
"You said that I'd get punished by the Heavens, right? Try living in the fires of hell and be never able to get out forever too.." I had goosebumps. 

8. [+781,-10]
It's possible that the secretary did it last minute..... The secretary's eyes are shaking a lot these days....... 

9. [+834,-78]
Did Hye Na go around offending everyone because she wanted to die...? 

10. [+685,-22]

Why are Ye Bin and Ye Seo mad at Han Seo Jin when they realized that Hye Na is Kang Jun Sang's daughter? Even Kang Jun Sang himself was mad at her too. Han Seo Jin's a sociopath, but at times, when she gets attacked by her family, it shows that being a mother is an extreme job. 

Article: Naver 'SKY Castle' Yum Jung Ah to Kim Seo Hyung, "Save Kim Hye Yoon" made Chan Hee a murder suspect 

1. [+284,-4]
Seeing that Hye Na gave Ye Bin the recording, it means that she knew she was in danger herself, isn't it? She's thinking ahead. How do I wait till next week? 

2. [+172,-3]
It's sad, but the world is full of unfairness. The privileged people can steal everything from you. 

3. [+167,-3]
Kim Jun Sang, damn. I really want to kill him. Even if he isn't aware that she's his daughter, she had lived in his house, and had helped to teach his daughter.. He didn't even go to her funeral just because he has to play golf with the President? Is he human?

4. [+139,-2]
Kim Joo Young is really cruel. She could remove any obstacle as long as she could reach her goal. Hye Na is more amazing to be able to stand up against her. 

5. [+127,-43]
It's interesting, but it would be of higher quality if the drama remained as 16 episodes. 

6. [+49,-2]
During the part where the teacher was talking, it was the first time I find Ye Seo pitiful. She was complimented for being strong mentally and continued to study, but she was hurt by that... 

7. [+33,-3]
Please let Woo Joo be released quickly~~ Woo Joo is so pitiful!!

8. [+31,-4]
Is it because the drama is extended by 4 episodes? It feels a little slow today. 

• Like 3

SKY Castle really so hype in South Korea. Went to JTBC Drama youtube channel and the last spoiler clip of eps 16 hit 900+ comments and it rarely english comments, most of them are in hangul :sweatingbullets:

found this through twitter. So hilarious, she's channeling almost every characters. Great effort :lol:

• Like 4

Does anyone remember the scene when YeBin takes HyeNa into the library room.  It must be when she was showing her around when she first arrived... I vaguely remember she walked into a study session...was Prof Cha there?  Doesn't he lead like a book study group?  Did they have a conversation then?  Was it about 'water' by any chance? Coz HyeNa's last words were 'water'.  And notice when Prof Cha refused to help Prof Hwang and SeongHye reacts in disgust...she does the dishes and then...flicks 'water' into his face... So I think he's the one.  There's no point doing that unless it's the writer's way of putting in a red herring. 

Coach Kim wouldn't risk blowing her cover to kill HyeNa.  It would be too obvious?  She would've had to make her way in there (or Teacher Jo would) - it's way too risky.  That isn't her style.  She manipulates from afar so she never looks like she is the one to cause it but she is.  Her forte is mind play.  She never wields the sword.  She paves the way but she never deals the fatal blow.  She gets someone else or her charges to actually do it themselves.  Did she promise Prof Cha copies of the exam papers as a reward?  Or that she would coach his boys (now that SeRi is a lost cause in his eyes, his whole focus is the boys)?

Haha...this drama has come up trumps in playing with your mind.  Well deserving of its top billing as best cable drama to date.  Up, up and away to the Sky (Castle) with ratings!  The sky's the limit!  :lol:

• Like 3

Hmmm... Would Prof Cha risk his own career by killing HyeNa though? I'm sure it would be a stain on the boys' records as well if their father was sent to prison. It feels like such a big risk to take given he's a law professor himself. I wonder if the cctv video was edited, or was the culprit wearing a red hoodie by chance to - I vote for edited. Maybe KJY has connections in many places...

I'm so curious for the truth though, I hope they don't drag out the reveal for too long! I want Friday to come already. Part of me hopes HyeNa gets added to the Kang family register at the end, at least give her the recognition and fulfill her wish even though she's gone. 

• Like 3

I'm shaking right now! Idk what to think about all the hyena thing! I'm so lost, who killed her? I'm thinking about the secretary of coah Kim. I mean she makes other do the bad things for her. Maybe Kang Ye Seo saw someone that night at the guest house who wasn't supposed to be there, and she's keeping her mouth shut and that's why she feels guilty.

Call me bad, but I really want  Kang Joon Sang suffer for the death of Hye Na. He was actually the one who really killed Hye Na, He is obsessed about being the director of the hospital that didn't let Hye Na had the surgey.

I really hope that all the thing about Woo Joo being the culprit get solved on the next episode

• Like 5

Wowwow the drama is crazy!!! Lots of people said that the drama reflects reality but now i feel like it gets way too dramatic. But i think bc of that, i cant stop watching haha. Sometime i hate the characters sooo bad but then sometime i feel bad for them. Hmm really good writing i guess. Also the casting is amazing! Most of the casts were not so popular but they have been in heapss of dramas/movies (they looked soo familiar so i looked them up and the list of dramas/movies they were in were impressive). So its like they were really good at acting but didnt get the recognition they deserved before this drama. Still wondering why its not as popular to the international kdrama fans, but i guess quite a lot of good dramas like signal or reply series were also quite underrated. (and many more but i havent watched them). 

My thoughts on ep 16 - im still not certain that coach Kim/ her assistant killed Hyena, though the drama is leading us to think that she/he is the one. But i guess it makes sense, as the other residents in Sky castle dont have clear motives (the parents, even Hyena's dad) or they have alibi (most the children, except Ye Seo and Woojoo but based on their characters and whats shown in ep 16 they dont seem like the killers). Am i missing anything hmm?

I was in the library while watching pro Cha got kicked out of the house and had his pyramid broken lmao i was trying so hard not to laugh. Definitely best scene of ep 16!

But omg how crazy is coach Kim, saying that she loves Ye Seo and lied about seeing Hyena. I wonder how she got the exam info - Could it be the male teacher in school leaking it? I was hoping coach Kim was just a side villian, everyone has good/bad sides, which would reflect better the story of how parents affecting their children and the edu system in general. But seeing how the drama goes, coach is the main villian of the drama bc shes crazy. Still i dont like the fact that Hyena is portrayed as a hero to most of characters in the drama. She is brave and smart but also has flaws. I wish she wasnt so manipulative and went around provoking other, but instead taking real actions so that she wouldnt get killed :((( (though im not sure which actions can be taken given the education system/schools are so bad) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Hmmm... Would Prof Cha risk his own career by killing HyeNa though? I'm sure it would be a stain on the boys' records as well if their father was sent to prison. It feels like such a big risk to take given he's a law professor himself. I wonder if the cctv video was edited, or was the culprit wearing a red hoodie by chance to - I vote for edited. Maybe KJY has connections in many places...

Yeah I have my doubts as well.  KJH is definitely behind it all but I am just not sure how she could've done it.  That's why I think Prof Cha... But yes it would mean he would be risking a lot. Although after Ep 16, he is the deposed King... :lol: kicked out of his Kingdom by his 'subjects' and Queen SeongHye has ascended the throne.  Long live the Queen :lol:

I guessed wrong about Prof Kang.  Looks like he didn't know HyeNa was his Daughter...but he did choose status/climbing the social ladder over HyeNa when he forced Prof Hwang to perform surgery on the Chairman's grandson over HyeNa resulting in her death. So I guess the Dragonfly into the glass window metaphor still applies.  It's just that the glass window was oblivious to the enormity of consequence of being the barrier to the Dragonfly's life.  Prof Kang will have to live with the guilt for the rest of his life.  He chose wrong.

• Like 4

ep 16 holy

Spoiler

I think HSJ/KMH is going to get redeemed by sacrificing Ye Seo's future as an SNU student by exposing Coach Kim to save Woo Joo.

edit: She was about to do it in ep 2(?) but didn't for the sake of Yeseo's academic career, but now that she realizes just how crazy Coach Kim is, she's going to expose her for her daughter's safety.

Edited by diphylleia
  • Like 2

I know, there are lots of theories that it was Yeseo who killed Hyena. However, given how Writer-nim is leading us to the story (Writer-nim loves to surprise everyone), I think that will serve as one of the  the biggest revelations as the series concludes. 

I was also reading some comments on Twitter and came up with one of the tweets that says "The SKY-Castle adults are not adults, but kids of different age." Not sure if this is the right description for those adults, as it will be an insult for the children. But they way they get a grasp of Hyena's death really makes me sick of them even more. I just hate the fact the they still think of their egos while determining who actually killed Hyena.

And, oh! I just love how the twins kicked Papa Cha out of their house. He can't even scream outside for he knows that it will be a huge scandal. Make me wonder how he's gonna deal with his family now that everyone is against him. :D 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

I guessed wrong about Prof Kang. 

Same here! I was like.. what?? you really didnt know you left your daughter to die? But I guess the whole situation reflects real life to some extent. Doctors have to make difficult decisions sometimes, esp in ER, over who to save. Although this case was him pandering to the president by saving his grandson rather than HyeNa, I'm sure there are other cases where doctors have to make that difficult decision.

1 hour ago, diphylleia said:

ep 16 holy

Hide contents

I think HSJ/KMH is going to get redeemed by sacrificing Ye Seo's future as an SNU student by exposing Coach Kim to save Woo Joo.

edit: She was about to do it in ep 2(?) but didn't for the sake of Yeseo's academic career, but now that she realizes just how crazy Coach Kim is, she's going to expose her for her daughter's safety.

Hmmm... I though this was the last thing HSJ would ever do. As much as she wants to get rid of Coach Kim, she would never do it by sacrificing YeSeo's future as an SNU student. To some extent, I would almost say she's too proud to do it. She wants to show her mother-in-law that she can bring her children to the top of the pyramid.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Same here! I was like.. what?? you really didnt know you left your daughter to die? But I guess the whole situation reflects real life to some extent. Doctors have to make difficult decisions sometimes, esp in ER, over who to save. Although this case was him pandering to the president by saving his grandson rather than HyeNa, I'm sure there are other cases where doctors have to make that difficult decision.

Hmmm... I though this was the last thing HSJ would ever do. As much as she wants to get rid of Coach Kim, she would never do it by sacrificing YeSeo's future as an SNU student. To some extent, I would almost say she's too proud to do it. She wants to show her mother-in-law that she can bring her children to the top of the pyramid.

Spoiler

Who knows, maybe Ye Seo herself will expose Coach Kim. She's remorseful about Hye Na's death and is starting to figure out KJY's lies. Plus she really likes Woo Joo and doesn't want him to rot in prison lmao

• Like 6

I knew after watching episode 1 that this will become a hit. Congratulations to the cast for bringing it every episode, their hard-work paid off. I think this weeks episodes are the most interesting and gag-worthy yet. It served drama, comedy, thriller, suspense, murder, kdrama police who are clueless to everything, mother who's doing it all for her child, an unrequited love, a guilty smartass, a nonguilty smartass with her somewhat nonguilty sidekick, child who brought her father down with just words, another father who was clueless that he was partly responsible for his kin's death, a child arrested for loving too much, another child with her mouth spilling the beans to avenge her sister, another talkative person who shed some light to the murder, and ultimately a father locked out of his own house. Can't wait for next week *wink* *wink*

• Like 4