[Drama 2018-2019] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬

0ly40

11 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Or the police be a tad more competent and use HyeNa's phone number or something to retrieve her last calls and messages. 

Can they track that?  I thought SJ took a hammer to HyeNa's phone and laptop and together with the torn photo of Prof Kang and her Mom tossed it into the garbage truck (she chased it down the driveway).  Who knows?  They can do so much with technology nowadays. :)

And yes I feel like Prof Kang knew about HyeNa.  He pieced all the hints she had been dropping together.  Which was why he was on the top of my suspect list until last night's episode which put him at dinner when she plunged to her death.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Can they track that?  I thought SJ took a hammer to HyeNa's phone and laptop and together with the torn photo of Prof Kang and her Mom tossed it into the garbage truck (she chased it down the driveway).  Who knows?  They can do so much with technology nowadays. :)

I thought it was possible from watching all those American crime investigation shows. But who knows, it might just be me not wanting Kwak Mi Hyang get away with getting rid of evidence easily. :lol:

Well, I cant wait for the rest of the castle to know about the HyeNa-Dr Kang link. I'm pretty sure JinJin is going to spill to the other 2 mums this ep. 

• Like 4

I haven't watched the latest ep, I'm holding it out until I watch it with my sister >< - but if it's not suicide could it be the nanny in the household? There was this one scene in ep 13/14? where glass was shattered on the floor, and a hand (the nanny) appears to ''clean it up'' - the scene was zoomed in. I hope it's none of the main SKY residents, as much as I despise some characters...man that's dark. If it's Woojoo, we are going on the psycho route I'm not ready for :S 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kasjady said:

I haven't watched the latest ep, I'm holding it out until I watch it with my sister >< - but if it's not suicide could it be the nanny in the household? There was this one scene in ep 13/14? where glass was shattered on the floor, and a hand (the nanny) appears to ''clean it up'' - the scene was zoomed in. I hope it's none of the main SKY residents, as much as I despise some characters...man that's dark. If it's Woojoo, we are going on the psycho route I'm not ready for :S 

I dont think nanny is a suspect. They were at a guest house on Woojoo's mum's invitation. I dont think Sujin's nanny will follow the family to a party hosted by the Hwang's.

• Like 6

The ambitious mom(KMY)should not go freely for her nasty deed:rage: destroyed the evidence, to cover up a crime.

This drama is good in story but the way the writer excute the issues is quite lame, the friction between person is heavy till took someone live but they writer just subdue the big issue become mere quarrel in the neighborhood i still couldn't  grasp what the real writer intention with 2 person has been killed without justices in this drama....

Does someone live less important than ambition and pride??

• Like 5

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I dont think nanny is a suspect. They were at a guest house on Woojoo's mum's invitation. I dont think Sujin's nanny will follow the family to a party hosted by the Hwang's.

Ahh haha thanks for reminding me forgot they were at WJ's party. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

The ambitious mom(KMY)should not go freely for her nasty deed:rage: destroyed the evidence, to cover up a crime.

This drama is good in story but the way the writer excute the issues is quite lame, the friction between person is heavy till took someone live but they writer just subdue the big issue become mere quarrel in the neighborhood i still couldn't  grasp what the real writer intention with 2 person has been killed without justices in this drama....

Does someone live less important than ambition and pride??

first of all hi.. since i have been watching sky castle i always checked this forum.. but i only figured to login now because i can no longer just read and not say anything :D

i agree about the lame part.. especially now with hyena's death it is so lame...

until now everything was going well imo and i really like this drama .. but episode 15 seems to have some holes regarding plot and acting for the first time for me .. the whole hyena death and hospital scenes were a bit cringey..why? for me because 1) the kids acted too calm when they went to the balcony.. and the acting by woojoo was so so when he acted shocked in the hospital when his father asked him what happened but then it got better XD ..and yebin on the phone was too calm.. but i loved her crying scene... 

2) WHY couldnt kang joon operate on hyena? why would he as planning/coordinator guy of this hospital decide to put hyena as patient on risk and which hospital ever does that that such a patient is put into the ICU and risking it to let the person die? the whole hospital scene was too lame.. just to let the death of hyena happen? :/ MEH! i expected more from sky castle..

other things which i noticed and i wonder what is your guys opinion here..

3) yesuh`s mom begged jinjin for forgiveness..i am sure her motive was because she doesnt want others to know that yesuh and hyena had an argument on the day hyena died.. and then she said she feels sorry that hyena died before she could call her husband dad once... it seemed so sincere but is yesuh`s mom really only acting the whole time? ....and pretending to feel sorry and feel shocked about hyena`s death? arent we really able to see her more humane side? because she seemed a bit more human when yesuh provoked hyena..and it seemed like yesuh`s mom actually sided with hyena there..or at least almost.. but well most sky adults are just offputting..with how they argued about this and that when a kid died.. :( i really thought she would survive though :( 

also on a side note i feel a bit disappointed that woojoo`s father didnt insist to find another solution for hyena... and of course the drama has to let hyena lie for a longer time in the hall while kang joon is passing by.... as if they have so much time to do that with a patient who has fractures on her head and fell from the balcony 130m high... i am so pissed about hyena`s death and how the drama executed this story line to us like that.. XD

anyway now i am dying to know who is the culprit....... 

• Like 6

Spoiler for ep 16

The suspect/culprit

Spoiler

Since WJ became a black sheep to save YS' The biggest suspect falls on YS. But on episode 16, another bigger suspect has appeared. Coach Kim.

Apparently Hyena met with Coach Kim and blackmailed her. 

YS found out that HN might have visited her academy to meet with Coach Kim, because the key chain bear. SI too recognized the doll which confirmed one of her theory, that HN had came to meet her.

At the same time, YB was hearing a record of conversation between HN and Coach Kim, which was overheard by SJ.

Rough translation

03:10

SI: HyeNa has came to meet you, hasn't she?

*recording and flashback*

Coach: Are you threatening me?
HN: Threatening you? I only came here to ask you how Yesuh could get perfect score on her test. You must have known about the test questions, right? I had some research and saw the practice questions that you gave in Yesuh's room. Who was it? In our school, whom are you working with ? 

Coach: Alright. So what do you want? 

HN: To make Kang Yesuh failed entering SNU Medical School. I can go there with my own skills, so it'll be alright if she fails. 

Coach: You... don't afraid of anything, do you? 

*flashback end*

SI: How could you do that to Hyena? And to my quiet son, you made him as the culprit?
Coach: You have told me that I am someone that should be punished, haven't you? Why don't you try to live in a hellish place/situation and won't be able to come out for a long time?  

Kang's family found out about that HN is Prof Kang's daughter.

Spoiler

One light and funny scene despite the heavy situation, Lawyer Cha is kicked out of the house by the twins and SH.  (LOL)

Spoiler

The reason is because YS skipped school after their teacher bad mouthing HN and WJ. Twins told it during dinner and Lawyer Cha urged them to use the chance and raise to the top. The top 3 were all in a mess, HN died, WJ is being investigated and YS is disturbed. Twins defended they couldn't do that because they cared for their friends. Lawyer Cha heartlessly said they should have climbed to the top of the pyramid. 

around 02:55

KJ: Why is the world/social standing like a pyramid? Earth is round so why it is a PYRAMID?!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, misaengfan said:

3) yesuh`s mom begged jinjin for forgiveness..i am sure her motive was because she doesnt want others to know that yesuh and hyena had an argument on the day hyena died.. and then she said she feels sorry that hyena died before she could call her husband dad once... it seemed so sincere but is yesuh`s mom really only acting the whole time? ....and pretending to feel sorry and feel shocked about hyena`s death? arent we really able to see her more humane side? because she seemed a bit more human when yesuh provoked hyena..and it seemed like yesuh`s mom actually sided with hyena there..or at least almost.. but well most sky adults are just offputting..with how they argued about this and that when a kid died.. :( i really thought she would survive though :( 

Can't see her really being sincere about HyeNa's death. I recall the scene when she smiled as she looked around HyeNa's empty room. Even the cleaning ahjumma was slightly put off by it it seemed.  She's been acting her whole life, so I doubt it's that hard for her to seem sincere.

I wonder how long they will drag the investigation for. There are 4 more eps... Can it last all the way? KJY is definitely going down at the end, but will any of the kids still go to SNU? I can't see yeseo feeling happy going there anymore, coz she will forever be reminded of HyeNa

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, misaengfan said:

first of all hi.. since i have been watching sky castle i always checked this forum.. but i only figured to login now because i can no longer just read and not say anything :D

i agree about the lame part.. especially now with hyena's death it is so lame...

until now everything was going well imo and i really like this drama .. but episode 15 seems to have some holes regarding plot and acting for the first time for me .. the whole hyena death and hospital scenes were a bit cringey..why? for me because 1) the kids acted too calm when they went to the balcony.. and the acting by woojoo was so so when he acted shocked in the hospital when his father asked him what happened but then it got better XD ..and yebin on the phone was too calm.. but i loved her crying scene... 

2) WHY couldnt kang joon operate on hyena? why would he as planning/coordinator guy of this hospital decide to put hyena as patient on risk and which hospital ever does that that such a patient is put into the ICU and risking it to let the person die? the whole hospital scene was too lame.. just to let the death of hyena happen? :/ MEH! i expected more from sky castle..

This is my first time posting on soompi but I'm obsessed with this drama and wanted to talk about it so bad with someone.

I want to answer some of the question from @misaengfan

2. I think there's this greed that make Joonsang refused to operate on Hyena. He is an opportunist man who run Hospital like business. And there is many cases of hospital refused to operate on dying patients when the risk is high, and letting a 9 year old child who will have furious family member if something goes wrong or having Hyena who doesn't have any family to defend her if anything goes wrong in operation table, I think we already know the which one the answer is for Joonsang. He is not neurologist surgeon so of course he can't operate on hematoma cases, his specialty is spine injury. Only Hwang Chi Young who can operate either of them. So he forced Hwang Chi Young to choose the child rather than Hyena. So Hyena died is the perfect cases to showcase the Sky Castle greed and dirty mind and of course will be the perfect reason for Joonsang to finally snap and realized of his greed when he indirectly let his own daughter die.

3. Yes it seems distasteful that the adults seem quarrel like a child for serious cases like Hyena's murder yet this is why this show is under genre of Black Comedy. The adults quarrel, the greed that ate up the Sky residents, the uncomfortable feeling of calm, that is the essence of black comedy.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, misaengfan said:

also on a side note i feel a bit disappointed that woojoo`s father didnt insist to find another solution for hyena... and of course the drama has to let hyena lie for a longer time in the hall while kang joon is passing by.... as if they have so much time to do that with a patient who has fractures on her head and fell from the balcony 130m high... i am so pissed about hyena`s death and how the drama executed this story line to us like that.. XD

anyway now i am dying to know who is the culprit....... 

I understand Woo Joo ' Dad situation .He is only Neurosurgeon Attending in the hospital at that time

Unfortunately ,although he intended to do surgery on Hyena ,the VIP 's patient was coming .

KJS who is his superior ordered WJ 's dad to operate VIP patient before Hyena and transfer her to the other hospital . WJ' dad couldn't ignore or refuse his superior 's order

WJ' dad tried to contact his neurosurgeon 's friend but they held the retirement party something like that ...that's mean the doctors must be drunk and couldn't do surgery (according to KJS) so There 're only Neurosurgeon Woo Joo 'dad left .that 's why they must transfer Hyena to the other hospital .

Moreover ,Both Hyena and VIP patient came in the hospital at bad 's condition which same-same situation  .That' s the only way you must decide who should prioritize to operate first .KJS definitely choosed to operate VIP .WJ 'dad insist to operate Hyena first but he definitely couldn't refuse his superior 's order . WJ' s dad tried to do his best ,unfortunately Hyena died

I think this series want to reflect the hospital 's reality about VIP patient will become first in emergency situation .It's Irony

For EP16 .I really like the scene which Kijoon destroyed his dad 's Pyramid is the best ,lol

Oh Prof.Cha you are very obsessed with that Pyramid

Finally we knew that Coach Kim is the one behind Hyena 's murder and she planned to kill her and made WJ to the scapegoat at first .It actually accords to her plan .

There's only 4 eps left .I doubt YS's mom will expose Hyena and Coach Kim 's clip because it will effect YS surely

I wonder how lond it take YS relise Coach Kim is the evil ...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lakiz said:

Finally we knew that Coach Kim is the one behind Hyena 's murder and she planned to kill her and made WJ to the scapegoat at first .It actually accords to her plan .

There's only 4 eps left .I doubt YS's mom will expose Hyena and Coach Kim 's clip because it will effect YS surely

Was it confirmed! :o I thought we don't know for sure yet, although more and more clues hint to her. I don't think she did it herself though so will her secretary really go to that level? 

I feel like YS's mom will use the clip to try and blackmail KJY again and try and get rid of KJY's hold on YS. That said, I think all will be revealed at the end and everyone will find out about KJY's cheating, because that's the only way to put things "right".

Need subs for ep16, but HyeNa is really scary - what was the point of trying to blackmail KJY?? Coz she took a hit to her pride when she heard YS said her coach told her to use HyeNa as a tool?  I kinda wished the story had gone on without HyeNa dying though - maybe comatose til all the messes are cleared, rather than dying, coz she really did have a hard life...

• Like 2

Just finished Ep 16 and I’m screaming here!!!

Spoiler

Coach Jo was my bet after episode 15, and with the textbook scandal they’ve tied it right back to where we were earlier. I was wondering where we were going with the Whodunnit and if the show was trying to do too much, but this all fits in with Hyena’s strong sense of social justice and her trying to make the system more fair and equal. Oh, my heart! Yebin-ah! Please go to the police with what you know! Save Woo Joo!!!

Hyena must have known the risk she was taking, to put her voice recording stored safely with Yebin. This looks like quite the crime!

and again, my original question. Kim Joo Young can’t be plain evil/psychotic. What drives her? What drives her greed? What is she really trying to do? 

• Like 6

Spoiler

Original Article: [newsen] 'SKY Castle' Chanhee, Skin Tissue + Blackbox.. Evidence Of Murder Found

1. +1859, -17 It's facts that Hyena used Chanhee;;; But then Woojoo is not the murderer.. Right now it's guaranteed that Kim Jooyoung is in the middle of this trying to shake everyone... ㄷ ㄷ 
2. +1749, -27 Kim Jooyoung probably wants Yeseo... It's a reward after what happened to her own daughter......
 +430, -2 Agree, when Kim Jooyoung said I love you to her I had goosebumps everywhere
3. +917, -13 The truth that Hyena ignored : Kim Jooyoung is not a fox like Han Seojin, she's a complete psycho... I bet she didn't think that she would get killed ㄷ ㄷ 
 +171, -3 She thought that she was going to get killed that's why she left the usb to Yebin, no?
4. +708, -26 Kim Jooyoung ordered her secretary to kill her 
5. +200, -2 Hyena was too confident... She went there to find her... And triggered the psychopath...
6. +198, -4 Cha Minhyuk ㅋㅋㅋ When he got kicked out it was so funny
7. +193, -7 In the end Yeseo will leave the coach and save Woojoo right
8. +177, -2 Where are the people who said that when Hyena said water please she actually meant = it's Woojoo ㅎ
9. +103, -4 The owner of the blackbox is Secretary Jo. He probably cropped off the part  when Woojoo fought with Hyena before she fell and and gave it to the police. 

navertv: [crazy ending] Kim Hyena Met Kim Seohyung "Aren't You Scared..?

1. +3498, -18 When Yeseo finds out the truth about Kim Jooyoung I don't think she's going to react the same way like Youngjae..
 +911, -1 Secretary Jo did it and he's going to confess later
 +544, -3 I'm not looking forward to Kim Junsang seriously please I just want Kwak Mihyang and Yeseo to go back to their senses. Looking forward to next week writer-nimㅠㅠ
2. +3184, -37 Today Yebin-ie did everything ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. +2719, -9 Hyena thought of her death that's why she hid the usb in Yebin's box........
4. +2481, -17 Kim Jooyoung is Kim Jooyoung, but Hyena is amazing, she's not a normal kid...
5. +1403, -6 Yeseo-yah.... Please wake up and leave Kim Jooyoung...
6. +1206, -7 When I was watching. I thought today's episode was kind of slow, but then they hit back with this ending. SKY Castle's class
7. +988, -4 Kim Jooyoung's a devil seriously

• Like 4

I really think the writer's core message, for this drama and for the audience, is the question: "Does the end justify the means?"

I can see how appropriately the question should have been applied by  every single character, for every single situation, in which s/he had to decide on a course of action.

It's magnificent how the writer, first, paints a character's action as black, but, subsequently, gives us further insight into the situation that changes the black to gray.  First, the character is a villain.  Then, the character becomes an understandable villain.  (Nonetheless, a villain is still a villain.<_<

And, the answer to the question depends on the ethical and moral fiber of the individual, which was exemplified by various characters defending his/her action( s) by asking, "What did I do that was so wrong?!"  (Wrong is  still wrong. <_<)

As to HN's death, I think it was suicide.  Her death, in that house, will be a constant reminder of how the consequences of their decisions affect other people.  By dying there, she really gave them the finger.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

As to HN's death, I think it was suicide.  Her death, in that house, will be a constant reminder of how the consequences of their decisions affect other people.  By dying there, she really gave them the finger.

I thought the detectives ruled out accident or suicide. With suicide, generally you climb over the railing so there would've been evidence on your hands/feet but they found none on HyeNa which is why they started a homicide investigation.  Not accidental because the railing was 130cm high so it was actually higher than the legally required 120cm by law.

I did think Prof Cha was a possibility (no alibi?) but someone mentioned for any parent or child to be the real culprit would mean jail time and it would send the drama into really depressive territory.

Coach Kim is the obvious villain from the get go and she has yet to get her come uppance for her part in previous deaths?  Justice needs to be served so it would make her the other obvious choice.  I just wonder how she or Teacher Jo her henchman could've done it. There is no way of 'sneaking' in to Sky Castle. Visitors would've been logged at the gate (surely) so it would be easy enough for detectives to find out. So if it were them it would be a plot hole. But I am willing to let it slide for the sake of the brilliance of this drama so far.

As for why the kids seemed silent at the balcony except for YeBin's

littlw scream.  It's shock.  They can't believe what they just saw and they are all numb. YeBin's phone call was perfect.  She couldn't quite process it all. It's all too surreal.  They are all children.  Even adults do that.  She was fighting hard to keep it together when she made that phone call. You could see she was still in disbelief when she asked her mom how HyeNa was when she walked into YeSuh's room and even then it took her a while to register the reality of the whole situation and her tears flowed. 

Fitting that the kids kids played the game Mafia. No-one guessed who the actual killer/mafia was. Neither the policeman nor the doctor saved the 'citizen' who was killed. Police arrested WooJoo (wrong guy) and Doctors at the Hospital (Hwang and Kang) couldn't save HyeNa (the citizen) either. :tears:

• Like 5

I am very sad for hyena, 

All her life she fight for it, when she finally get to live with his father, she were always reminded by yeseo and her mom that she is a kid who is not supposed to be born, unwanted, a mistake. 

And in the end of her short life left to dead by her own father.

I don't understand what so scary about her, it looks like bravery to me how hyena live. Brave, smart, confidence and manipulative. 3 goodness and 1 grey sounds good enough for me. Btw i say grey because while hyena used woojoo she never once hurt him. So as human hyena is good, despite where she came from and situation ( i mean she got very good school grade with korean crazy schooling system, when she is poor and even care and takecare of her mother hospital bill, even adult would have a very hard time with this. Sure what she do for her mom hospital bill is illegal, but can she afford that much with a sidejob at convenience store? If she do that she couldn't even get her mom hospitalize and left her to dead untreated)

Kid that scare me most is yeseo.

She has little to no empathy to others, that i am scared what kind of adult she would be, and she want to be a doctor on top of it?

Man.. how could someone who has little to no empathy and care treated a patient?

Would she choose only a patient who will do good to her record? And blame it to others when she fail, just like how she blame her mom and everyone despite everything her mom done for her?

She going around insulting people. My oh my..

The basic of being human is humanity, and part of humanity is talk kindly or be silence, and this kid going around insulting people. (Sure people can insult other when they angry like seri and hyena and later feel bad and ask forgiveness, but going around insult people and feel no remorse? That is totally different thing.)

Insult is just a words? Well, ever heard people suicide because words? Killing others because words?

She doesn't even has the basic, she is only a grade maniac.

But the true winner would be joonsang, yeseo and yebin father, and sadly also hyena father.

A big, bad monster dress as human.

His student did mistake and make patient limp? No problem, you study and pay a lot to be doctor, it just a mistake, let's pretend it never happened, if patient come at us, let say the patient is crazy.

Doing surgery to patient who don't really need it? No problem, it is a win-win solution, patient get to be treated and he got money and reputation. Surgery cost? Patient pay that so all is good.

Leaving a kid who live in your house to die when he knows exactly that she is in critical condition and moving hospital take time and most hospital would reject transfer patient? No problem, time will pass, and he will forget it all, i mean he should care for his career, the vip patient could easily move to other hospital since he has connection and money, but then he wouldn't get the recognition and benefit if his hospital not doing the surgery.

my question is, did joonsang know?

Hyena moved her lips saying appa(dad), and try to reach him and he left her to die.

If joonsang know at that time, that hyena is his daughter then, i dont know what words could describe him, because even monster care for its child.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, misaengfan said:

also on a side note i feel a bit disappointed that woojoo`s father didnt insist to find another solution for hyena... and of course the drama has to let hyena lie for a longer time in the hall while kang joon is passing by.... as if they have so much time to do that with a patient who has fractures on her head and fell from the balcony 130m high... i am so richard simmonsed about hyena`s death and how the drama executed this story line to us like that.. XD

Prof Hwang was sidelined but as soon as the decision was made for him to operate on the boy, he would've had to scrub in and perform surgery on the boy...those surgeries usually take over an hour so he would've had no time to work out another solution for HyeNa.  He left that responsibility with Prof Kang believing that he would do the best for her.  For all intensive purposes, Prof Kang  looked like he was stalling?  He let her die.  That's what it felt like with the whole scene.  There's a process to follow with hospital transfers and patients will have to wait.  I am sure in the real world it happens a lot faster than that but this is drama so they draw out the whole scene between Father and Daughter to emphasise the injustice of it all.  I do feel like he knows.  He let her die.  Just like the dragonfly which died flying into the window pane, she didn't see it coming...she expected him to accept her and love her as his own...he didn't for the sake of the stability of his job and family...that's why at her death, we get that scene where he returns to his office, the camera pans in on the glass plaque with his name and hospital position and then pans to focus on his family photo (no HyeNa). :tears:

And we finally get the hint that the perfect Hwang family is becoming unhinged.  WooJoo blames his dad for the death of his birth Mother and now has pinned HyeNa's death on him too.  I really hope their family keeps together and resolves their differences in the end.  They are the only 'adults' in the whole show.  They have been the sole voice of reason.  I hope they stay that way if only to give us parents some hope that not all families end up dysfunctional and loopy. :huh:. Now I know why the family portraits are depicted the way they are.  The children are in the centre (of attention) for all the other families, it is what holds the parents together too.  In the Hwang family, SooIm is in the centre.  WooJoo is not the centre of attention in their family.  SooIm is also the one who holds the family unit together and she will be front and centre now as she fights to make that happen.

• Like 6

No way 21%?  Is that real time or average ratings?  I guess we will find out... I am really glad.  Well deserved!  :)

The one thing bugging me is HyeNa's last words (other than Appa :tears:).  Last words are significant.  'Water' was her last word and she kept repeating it in the ambulance or WooJoo and then again to Prof Hwang at the hospital.  I guess we will find out the significance.

• Like 3