DrmNGUrU8AAhSzK.jpg

Other title: Princess Maker, 프린세스 메이커

Network: JTBC

Genre: Comedy

Episodes: 20

Airdate: November 23rd, 2018 - February 1st, 2019

Airtime: Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST

Synopsis:

The drama is set in a four-story apartment building in Seoul’s suburbs, which is inhabited by some professionals such as judges, prosecutors, doctors, professors and their wives. The series seems to be about professional husbands and their wives. Nonetheless, there may be an interesting story to be narrated in this project.

The wives come from prestigious and highly educated backgrounds. A part of the plot will depict their efforts to have their children admitted into good universities. Some grew up in families with many generations of doctors or lawyers. Thus, their ambitions will be shown with comedy and realism.

Cast:

Yeom Jung Ah as Han Seo Jin

20181115213211.jpg

Lee Tae Ran as Lee Soo Im

20181115213912.jpg

Yoon Se Ah as No Seung Hye

20181115214357.jpg

Oh Na Ra as Jin Jin Hee

20181115214935.jpg

Kim Seo Hyung as Kim Joo Young

20181115215308.jpg

Jung Joon Ho as Kang Joon Sang

20181115213549.jpg

Choi Won Young as Hwang Chi Young

20181115214038.jpg

Jo Jae Yun as Woo Yang Woo

20181115215039.jpg

Kim Byung Chul as Cha Min Hyuk

20181115214519.jpg

Chan Hee as Hwang Woo Joo

20181115221155.jpg

Kim Hye Yoon as Kang Ye Seo

20181115213718.jpg

Lee Ji Won as Kang Ye Bin

20181115213816.jpg

Kim Dong Hee as Cha Seo Joon

20181115214704.jpg

Cho Byung Kyu as Cha Ki Joon

20181115214832.jpg

Lee Yoo Jin as Woo Soo Han

20181115215150.jpg

DscKDfdXoAESXmx.jpg:large

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬 - Tentative premier date: November 2018
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic

Waves to @0ly40  and thank you for starting his thread.  :)

Here is more in this drama

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JTBC in casting mode for satirical comedy Princess Maker

princess_1.jpg
Yeom Jung-ah, Oh Na-ra, Kim Jung-eun

So, basically I saw the title Princess Maker and the word satire and went, “I’m in!” It’s a new JTBC drama in the works, and it’s described as a black comedy dealing with the top 0.1% of society. I’m a bit tired of dramas dealing with the creme de la creme (i.e., uppity rich folks), but hearing it’s a satirical comedy has me a lot more intrigued.

Read full article on Dramabeans

• Like 5

Thank you for the update, @0ly40.  I love Kim Seo-Hyung. I am thrilled that she is joining the drama. 

~~~~~~~~~~~
[New Drama] "SKY Castle" Satires the Upper Echelon and It's Lofty Desires

photo998765.jpg

Added the upcoming Korean drama "SKY Castle"'s page to HanCinema database

"SKY Castle" (2018)

Directed by Jo Hyeon-tak

Written by Yoo Hyeon-mi

Network : jTBC

With Yum Jung-ah, Lee Tae-ran, Yoon Se-ah, Oh Na-ra, Jung Joon-ho, Choi Won-young,...

Synopsis
In an apartment in the suburbs of Seoul, professionals from prestigious backgrounds and with equally prestigious jobs. They hope to have their children head to top universities in this satire. Can they make princesses of their kids?

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2018/11

source

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬 - Tentative premiere date: November 2018
  • 2 weeks later...

Casting lineup for rich housewives drama SKY Castle

by tineybeanie

skykids1.jpg
Kim Dong-hee, Kim Bo-ra, Kwon Hwa-woon, Lee Hyun-jin

Daaaangg, I am obsessed with this lineup of actors! But there’s a whole bunch of them, so hold onto your hats because this post is going to be a doozy. The latest casting confirmations for upcoming JTBC drama SKY Castle (originally titled Princess Maker) include Kwon Hwa-woon (Switch) and Kim Bo-ra (Buam-dong Revenge Club) who will respectively be playing a gentle doctor and a model student.

The drama takes its name from the fancy skyscraper the characters live in; where the top 0.1% live. (The name of the drama is also likely a wink to Korea’s top three universities, which are referred to as the SKY universities.) There, husbands are treated as kings, and children are raised like princes and princesses. This satirical comedy drama will depict the sorrows and jealousies of the ambitious rich housewives, who were once also top university graduates.

Kwon Hwa-woon’s character is an orthopedic surgeon, who is the hoobae of medical university professors played by Jung Jun-ho (Flower in Prison) and Jo Jae-yoon (Heart Surgeons). Kwon Hwa-woon’s character is supposed to liven up the atmosphere of the drama.

On the other hand, Kim Bo-ra’s character has a quiet demeanor with which she hides her troubled background. Although she is at the top of her high school class, she is limited by her dirt poor background. Despite her family’s financial struggles, she has a strong competitive drive and thirst to succeed.

Rookie actor Kim Dong-hee (A-teen) has signed on to play Kim Bo-ra’s fellow classmate. He is a handsome and obedient son who gives up his own dreams in order to fulfill his father’s wishes. His parents will be played by Yoon Se-ah (Woohoo Waikiki, Tale of a Good Witch) and Kim Byung-chul (Mr. Sunshine).

skykids3.jpg
Lee Tae-ran, Yoon Se-ah, Yeom Jung-ah, Oh Na-ra

Yay! Now we get to the veteran actors and actresses. Yoon Se-ah plays a full-time housewife who has a PhD degree and her own hidden ambitions—as well as an explosive secret. In order to protect her family, she ends up making a last resort decision.

Her husband will be played by Kim Byung-cheol, whose character is a law school professor with a crazy competitive streak that pushed him to put everything into studying. He seems to be all about justice, righteousness, and happiness, but he’s actually extremely selfish. Thanks to a deeply rooted complex regarding birthright, he wishes to create a Korean version of the Kennedy dynasty with his two sons.

Yeom Jung-ah (Mirror of the Witch) leads the group of moms at SKY Castle who have nicknamed themselves SKY Queens. She’s the perfect housewife and the envy of most of the Queens. She has two daughters with her husband, Jung Jun-ho, and seems to have everything going for her, but she is hiding a big secret.

One of the few to notice her secret is Lee Tae-ran’s (Make a Woman Cry, King’s Family) character. SKY Castle is actress Lee Tae-ran’s first comeback project after a three year hiatus, and she will be playing a children’s book author who is deeply considerate towards others. Despite her caring nature, she becomes public enemy number one to her fellow SKY Queens on Yeom Jung-ah’s orders. Eventually, due to her smart son, she becomes included in the SKY Queen community again. Her husband will be played by Choi Won-young (Fox Bride Star).

The last SKY Queen to be introduced is Oh Na-ra (My Ajusshi), whose character is described as a lovely, passionate shopaholic. She was born with a silver spoon, as her father was a real estate magnate, and she’s lived a relatively sheltered life. In SKY Castle, she holds Yeom Jung-ah as her role model and copies her every move. Jo Jae-yoon, whose character is Jung Jun-ho’s colleague at the medical university, will be playing her husband.

skykids2.jpg
Choi Won-young, Jung Jun-ho, Jo Jae-yoon, Kim Byung-chul

Alright, moving onto the SKY Kings… After having been a top student all his life and graduating first place at the best university, Jung Jun-ho’s character is the definition of conceit and arrogance. He always thinks he is right in any circumstance. He believes that he’ll become the next hospital director, but with the appearance of Choi Won-young’s character, the path to his ambitions become thorny and unclear.

Choi Won-young is the neurosurgery professor who has just arrived to town, scouted personally by the current director of Jung Jun-ho’s hospital. He values life over money, and has his own bootstraps story. He grew up poor, but received scholarships to go to his local medical school. Despite the barrier of nepotistic top-university alumni networks, he managed to earn the coveted position of professor at this prestigious hospital.

Caught in between these two powerful peers, Jo Jae-yoon plays an orthopedic surgery professor who was a great student in his own right, but pales in comparison to these two. His parents had him later on in life, so he was spoiled and praised as a son who studied well. Now, he’s the type of man who is very practical about avoiding situations that could result in negative consequences, and joining in on situations that could garner him reward.

Taking care of our SKY Princes and Princesses, Kim Seo-hyung (The Great Seducer) plays a mysterious college admissions consultant who will only take clients after they submit to her rigorous interview. She’s an enigma who will only have work-related discussions with people, but she always gets results. She’s known by only a select few, and employed by only the best of the best.

Then there’s Lee Hyun-jin (Whisper), whom I’ve been a fan of since Heartstrings. He’s supposed to play Kim Seo-hyung’s right-hand man, an elite secretary who can stay unfazed in any situation and perform his duties perfectly. He seems absolutely loyal on the outside, but he’s secretly waiting for the day he can usurp his mentor to become the most wanted admissions consultant.

More and more, this is sounding like a crossover between Boys Over Flowers and Borg Mom without the sci-fi bit, and I’m intrigued. Friday-Saturday drama SKY Castle will premiere in November on JTBC, after The Third Charm finishes its run. (source: dramabeans)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now we know why it's called "teaser" that was real quick. But  the veteran actors here then  younger ones those that will play the prince and princess.. so to speak. academics, the elites...OMO the strict conformity to social status of high end society.   Their  children gonna suffer while the  wealthy husbands out do each other.  I'm in. I also like the cast.

Any updates like premier date, how many episodes, plus characters? Thanks.

edit: I'm gonna tag @USAFarmgirl not sure if you like this type of drama but I like reading your thoughts your inputs especially when drama plot involves societal norms within family and the characters.

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] SKY Castle, SKY 캐슬 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Premiers after The Third Charm

Sky-Castle-Cast.jpg?resize=560,400&ssl=1skykids1.jpg

@jongskiThanks for the sweet shout out and for the kind remark although undeserved when I know how good of a writer you yourself are.  Me, well I usually just write what I feel and sometimes it gets me in trouble. LOL but sometimes following your heart means having to stand alone:blush:

The talent of these well known actors alone is enough to peek my interest. Not to mention the prince's and princess look interesting too.  I hadn't heard about this drama but thanks to you I will give it a try.  Sounds like the life of the rich and famous with children.  It reminds me that for most people being rich or famous is a dream.   Except for the rich and famous who often seem to have everything except what really matters the things money and fame can't buy.  Whose lives behind closed doors are not dreams but nightmares.... We shall see?:blink:

SF9’s Chani Confirmed For Upcoming JTBC Drama

SF9 member Chani will return to the small screen.

It was reported on October 26 that SF9’s Chani was cast in JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama, “SKY Castle” (literal translation).

The drama will tell the story of ladies who are in the top 0.1 percent elite of Korea, who live in a place called SKY Castle. These ladies want their husbands to be like kings and want to raise their children as princes and princesses. The drama will thoroughly look into the desperate desires of these women and satirize the reality in a comical way.

Chani will play the role of Hwang Woo Joo, a student who entered the prestigious Shin Ah High School at the top of his class without any private tutoring or early education. Hwang Woo Joo is a popular boy who is famous for being friendly, his good looks, and warm personality.

He actively worked as a child actor before he debuted as a member of SF9. Chani is thus known for his steady acting skills and for portraying delicate emotions well. He also appeared in many famous dramas such as “The Innocent Man,” “The Queen’s Classroom,” and “Signal.” Drama fans are eager to see his return to the small screen.

cr:soompi

• Like 2

Here we go. Waiting for this drama.  Thanks for the the update.

In a way feels like  modern Heard It Through the Grapevine. A satirical look at the lifestyle of the rich.

See how the sons and daughters cope up with the pressure.

Chani below plays the role of Hwang WooJoo a top honorable student who enrolled at prestigious Sina High School even without early or private education differently than others With his good grades, amiable sociability

DqbmzNuW4AAixgL.jpg

• Like 3

Waiting for the drama. The elite. The high society. The norms that one has to conform too with the status.

Think Heard It Through The Grapevine...in maybe less darker tone. More satirical.

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] "SKY Castle" Introduces Ambitious Wives and Husbands

photo1014003.jpg

Rarely do Korean drama audiences tire of the rich and their usually messy lives, and "SKY Castle" is about to dive into one said mess of sadly very realistic proportions. The drama, which tackles the obsession of high society with achieving higher tiers of social prestige through its children's academic prowess, introduces its messy adult leads . Read more

And omg  the cast. can the third charm be over already.

Dq-DhmiU8AAKqwQ.jpg

Trans: The top 0.1% of the Republic of Korea has its endless desire to ascend to a higher place in the Sky Castle. Sky Castle where they live , Friday, November 23, at 11:00 p.m. first broadcast

Synopsis
In an apartment in the suburbs of Seoul, professionals from prestigious backgrounds and with equally prestigious jobs. They hope to have their children head to top universities in this satire. Can they make princesses of their kids? (credit: hancinema)

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2018/11/23

• Like 4