Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Nice to Meet You 只为遇见你

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

She lost her virginity to him in ep 32.... Oh boy. I just hope she womans up because the aunt is just using her instead of protecting her. The whole plot is predictable. I was told my fans on weibo that it will be a happy ending.. nonetheless I will keep on watching

Oh so he is her first love? I don’t know how she can forgive him after that humiliation though. I just hope the writer won’t do something dumb like she forgets everything he did and just forgives him. Her aunt is in the wrong but I don’t think she deserved to be treated that way. Hope things will get more interesting this point onward.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 10:27 AM, shihuangdi said:

Oh so he is her first love? I don’t know how she can forgive him after that humiliation though. I just hope the writer won’t do something dumb like she forgets everything he did and just forgives him. Her aunt is in the wrong but I don’t think she deserved to be treated that way. Hope things will get more interesting this point onward.

I think is the other way around...he forgiving her...she really is stuped. He has been telling her the entire time that his stepmother is the cause of his mother suicidal and him going abroad growing up without a familly...and she still believes her more that him and she supposly is in love with him..really she deserves more than the scene in front of all the guest. She really went wrong with it. He have her oportunity to tell the entirely trued but choose not to...she choose to believe and trust her so call aunt instead of her love. And know she would be so proud and try to hurt him even moore she really do not deserve his love. He has help her since the begining don't forget who rescue her on the begining of the story. I also blame the grandmother she really did not saw what kind of monster she had as daughter in law and just let her do everything. Now another battle would come. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both messed up. Don't forget YZ has been working with the woman who is the cause of her mom having a mental disability and the woman who is the cause of her grandfather's death. How many times has he stood by and let Gao Hui sabotage her and just stood by? She messed up big time by keeping her aunt a secret and lying to him but he's no perfect lover either. At least she never set out with the intent to hurt him on purpose.

 

And no matter what she's done, she doesn't deserve to be publicly humiliated and shamed on her wedding day. No real man does that to a woman he claims to love even if she wronged him. It's not like she humiliated him in public so no she doesn't deserve that in return. He lost any higher moral ground the second he took that public. Call off the wedding and dump her in private!  And even if she deserves it, and that's a big IF, he could be the better person and treat his "wife" better than she treated him. But he took the low down dirty road. He certainly is no gentleman and that makes him no better than what she did.

 

I don't even know why I stuck around watching this as long as I did. They advertised this as being in a series with Because of Meeting You. Does it have the same writer? Cause it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. Because of Meeting You was sweet and romantic and Deng Lun played such a great character and gentleman. The female lead was also a 100x better written. Their relationship was pretty much perfect. What the heck happened? The only thing the 2 have in common is annoying as hell evil "sisters" and bad side characters everywhere.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lizax1 said:

They both messed up. Don't forget YZ has been working with the woman who is the cause of her mom having a mental disability and the woman who is the cause of her grandfather's death. How many times has he stood by and let Gao Hui sabotage her and just stood by? She messed up big time by keeping her aunt a secret and lying to him but he's no perfect lover either. At least she never set out with the intent to hurt him on purpose.

 

And no matter what she's done, she doesn't deserve to be publicly humiliated and shamed on her wedding day. No real man does that to a woman he claims to love even if she wronged him. It's not like she humiliated him in public so no she doesn't deserve that in return. He lost any higher moral ground the second he took that public. Call off the wedding and dump her in private!  And even if she deserves it, and that's a big IF, he could be the better person and treat his "wife" better than she treated him. But he took the low down dirty road. He certainly is no gentleman and that makes him no better than what she did.

 

I don't even know why I stuck around watching this as long as I did. They advertised this as being in a series with Because of Meeting You. Does it have the same writer? Cause it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. Because of Meeting You was sweet and romantic and Deng Lun played such a great character and gentleman. The female lead was also a 100x better written. Their relationship was pretty much perfect. What the heck happened? The only thing the 2 have in common is annoying as hell evil "sisters" and bad side characters everywhere.

So I guess I should probably watch that instead lol.

 

But I'll still wait until for this one to finish airing to see what the response is. If the ending is okay, I'll continue it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cindy Ngo said:

So I guess I should probably watch that instead lol.

 

But I'll still wait until for this one to finish airing to see what the response is. If the ending is okay, I'll continue it. 

I think someone mentioned that this one gonna have a happy ending. I think in general modern chinese drama usually have ok - happy ending. Its the ancient dramas that usually left hanging or sad ending. Also, seeing how the story progresses so far (with about 20 episodes since the engagement incident), I think the leads have enough time to work out their issues and be together in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cindy Ngo said:

So I guess I should probably watch that instead lol.

 

But I'll still wait until for this one to finish airing to see what the response is. If the ending is okay, I'll continue it. 

 

I think the story is a lot better than this one but to be fair it does have its own frustrations when watching so be warned. The bad people, especially the adopted sister and mom, have a bigger role and are more annoying in Because. And they don't really get their karma until the last 20? minutes of the series so you have to put up with them beginning to end.

 

But the main relationship is what saves it. It is a true romance, and is romantic and Yun Kai, the lead male is a dream hero. The female lead likes to keep secrets from the main guy like GJ in here too but you can understand her reasons better and her secrets don't directly affect the guy as much. Then when the secrets are revealed, they fight it out for like 10 minutes and make up because our guy is so understanding and supportive.

 

I was ok with this until after the engagement at the big company gala when YZ finally finally picked GJ over his own selfish interest. But it went downhill after that. I thought the one thing this one had going for it was that the leads were driving the story and the main conflict was between them trying to work it out. Because they both have major issues. In Because of You, it was the evil sister driving the story and the leads were just responding to her and other outside conflicts. But the way they wrote it, I now prefer the outside conflicts lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, shihuangdi said:

I think someone mentioned that this one gonna have a happy ending. I think in general modern chinese drama usually have ok - happy ending. Its the ancient dramas that usually left hanging or sad ending. Also, seeing how the story progresses so far (with about 20 episodes since the engagement incident), I think the leads have enough time to work out their issues and be together in the end.

yes I only like happy endings if it isn't then I rather not watch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally I was looking forward to the story after that engagement incident. But its just as boring :( not gonna continue watching this. Everyone just seems so annoying, including both leads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch most of the drama yeah he had ever right to be mad at her she lied a little too much.

 

Then after all that she ask him to help the aunt? I mean come on.

 

But I still think they where great couple most of time and glad to see a happy ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion here but i love this drama. i love angst in dramas and this one did not disappoint me, my heart was soo broken for Gao Jie at the engagement party but to be honest, it was the best scene ever (and good job writer with this scene in the first episode), i barely slept until i reached the engagement episode. 

Gao Jie was in a very tough spot, her aunty being the nemesis of the love of her life and her not being able to confess is understandable

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...