[Drama 2019-2020/2021] Love Alarm, 좋아하면 울리는 - Season 2 out now

0ly40

4 hours ago, angrytomato said:

@Elif Ataş, that Hype article has plenty of spoilers (gosh, I'm being the annoying spoiler police). Although nobody's going to read it because that shirtless Song-kang picture is going to block all hearts and brains, it would be better to hide it.

Okay ;)

@Elif Ataş, that Hype article has plenty of spoilers (gosh, I'm being the annoying spoiler police). Although nobody's going to read it because that shirtless Song-kang picture is going to block all hearts and brains, it would be better to hide it.

I did it ;)

Hide contents

To me, it's obvious that Brian Chon is a fake figure. Some looser they hire to make the show. Still crying for Duk-gu.

Spoiler

I don't think Duk Gu dead. I think Anti Love Alarm leader is Duk Gu. I recognized him from his lips...

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angrytomato said:

@enigmatic_zephy

Peace. We're just having fun talking about a fiction show. Let's not turn this into a Youtube comments section.

First of all: when I hide one of my stupid and badly written speeches (my English is mostly self-taught) under a spoiler box (or whatever they call them), it's intended for the people who's reading the forum but not finished the drama. It contains plot keys, more or less important. If you quote my hidden words without (in turn) hiding them into a spoiler box, it's like showing them to everybody.

Just netiquette. And now, I'm gonna hide everything:

Reveal hidden contents

That's your point of view, which I respect. For me, a friendship means, among other things, "do your friend what your friend has done for you". No matter how much time's passed. In the past, Hye-yeong respected "Jo-Sun" ship. "JoSun" ship sank. Time passed by. Sun-oh began another relationship. Jo-jo decided to date HY. And SO didn't like it because he still loved Jo-jo. He didn't respect "Jo-Hye" ship.

He is. Actually, as egoist and immature as many people would be in his shoes. It's a normal reaction, if we take on account he's just a teenager. But not a fair reaction.

Yes, that's the official excuse: I'm protecting my best friend. And when my best friend turns that "protection" down, I break with him. That's an odd definition of "friendship".

I could agree with you in this: it would have been a nice gesture to tell Sun-oh about that move. But Sun-oh had a new relationship. Hye-yeong couldn't know he still loved Jo-jo; actually, logical thinking would be "he hates Jo-jo" or "he remains indifferent to her".

That lack of communication doesn't justify what Sun-oh did later. We are not criticizing "pre-dumped" Sun-oh. Until that moment, he was a dream of a teenager. But intense pain did change him. And not for the better.

Did I say that? I'm #teamHyeYeong, but not #HateSunOh. I don't think he is bad at all; just immature. His pros are way over his cons. If I was a teen, I would fall for him. Same for Jo-jo, even if I think both did wrong. But as my teen years are water under the bridge, now I think Hye-yeong is way more attractive.

And Sun-oh perfectly knew he was lying. And Hye-yeong knew that SO knew it. And then and because of that deep understanding of each other, the "it's-up-to-Jo-jo-contract" showed up.

I'm agree that she done wrong, even twice, but... no guilt? Come on, Jo-jo is the absolute queen of guilt. In fact, it's one of the things I dislike about the character. But it seems it's deeply rooted into Korean culture. Me, paying my parents' debts because they committed suicide? No f way.

again... soompi's problem..i quote.. if you have spoilers their code should take care of it

Opinions are fine.. but opinions and stray comments are not the same thing.. that is why we assume that when a person says something, they have a reason to believe so..

i am not seeing any drama specific examples/evidences being quotes against the claims..

1. If you believe you should do as the other does.. then I am correct.. HY did not follow that..

first and foremost he didn't do any sacrifice .. the girl chose SO.and then the same girl broke his heart real bad.. and HY saw all of this..

so, how is it fair to not even tell your best friend that look i know what happened sucked.. none of us know the reason but i still have hots for her and want to pursue her.. it was that simple

2. You don't just make the stray comment.. i don't know abt webtoon and my arguments are solely on the drama.. what proof do you use to say he is immature or anything.. just because he is rich? even as a child he wasn't rude to HY.. the only time he said sthg, which frnakly is correct that SO was never more than charity case for HY which makes HY's self righteousness questionable

3. Not at all an odd definition when the best friend literally is hiding everything from him.. moving out of house completely driven by his lust for this girl.. no other motive.. it is like wedging a wall 

you are throwing you best friend away for a woman who broke his heart bad!.. and now you want to prioritize your lust over not even manning up to tell him the truth..

he has to always come and guess the truth for you to accept..HY has such a sense of entitlement

4 lack of communication with whom? do we even know he was awake and conscious.. who knows HY didn't tell JJ on purpose..even if he was he came around as soon as he could.. what did she do?

5 Be wahtever team.. again.. why is SO immature compared to HY for that matter.. because HY is poor .. lol so his stalking becomes pining.. and another guy who plays fair and square is the weak character? WHAT!!!

6. lol.. a man who can't even tell his friend that he loves a girl is not very reliable now.. is he? Why HY not saying anything should be telepathically be understood by SO.. and SO's more relevant current pining for JJ , not be understood by HY?? your argument works only one way.. why?

7. Did you think she had any guilt what she did to ill sik.. until she got the confirmation that SO was interested in her and Ill sik did not ring her alarm.. she literally had no guilt. she wouldn't have told anyone had the photo not been leaked..

and with SO atleast she realizes.. but mind you she has zero guilt...

she doesn't have guild.. she is just poor and striving hard.. and it is the gloom of misfortune. but no guilt

Finding Sun-Oh slightly creepy but I feel he gets a free pass 'cause he's hot obviously?! But I still think he's half decent eheh. As he cares for Hye-Yeong a lot. 

Gul-Mi, her mom & Jang-Go are WoW. So unbelievably insufferable! Like geez. 

Sun-Oh's story reminds me so much of Radio Romance

13 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Also... what liking.. girl doesn't even know you exist

by that logic.. if a girl has a stalker then no other man should show interest in her because the stalker has been pining for too long for her

read above

Because SO did no wrong.. he is the one who was ditched..and he still loves her, and unlike KSH and HY, he isn't a coward to run away from his feelings..

he is even nice enough to acknowledge it.. and based on what was shown they seem to have that conversation/understanding of how he is not in love with the other girl

in all three relationships, actually 4 relationships - JoJo, current gf, HY, his own mom - SO is the understanding one.. the one who is willing to try..

everyone else (except current gf) wants an easy route and thinking of selfish reasons..

HY is slightly different.. his only richard simmons move is go for the girl behind his back..but given best friend equation, this is equivalent to cheating

HY goes behind his back and cheated? HUH??? 

Wasn't Sun Oh the one that went after the girl in HS after knowing his friend has been liking her for years. And that's right to you?

I don't know why you think she's using them and that both Jojo & HY have to cater to Sun-Oh's feelings, oh wait maybe they should because he is clearly very sensitive and immature. How is he even protecting HY. HY clearly told him, hey I'm going after her man to man, after 4 years they all have moved on and he clearly told him his feelings. That's not going after anyone's back, they weren't denying or hiding anything.

Obviously, Sun Oh is the perfect character to you and can do no wrong. Sure, but some of us beg to differ.

Love Alarm cast in Philippine Daily Inquirer Article

ECxpP5IVAAE2qxI.jpg

ECxkXJHU8AETC-m.jpg

cr:Shironozomi -twitter

Can’t hide from the Love Alarm

By: Ruth L. Navarra     Philippine Daily Inquirer / 04:20 AM August 25, 2019

SEOUL—There are a few uncomfortable truths that Korean drama “Love Alarm” uncovered. You cannot help who you like. There is no switch to turn off to make you stop liking someone. You cannot run away from your feelings.

“Love Alarm” is the title of the hugely successful webtoon by Cho Kye-young. Because the Koreans have a penchant for shortening long phrases into one word, jowahada which means “to like” became Jo. Thus, Love Alarm is also known as the Jo alarm. It refers to an app that rings whenever someone who likes you is within a 10-meter radius. Downloading it to your phone means allowing technology to have direct access to your emotions.

App for feelings

Netflix recreates the webtoon into a live-action series that stars Kim So-hyun as Kim Jojo, Jung Ga-ram as Lee Hye-young and Song Kang as Hwang Sun-oh. It is directed by Lee Na-jeong whose resumé includes the drama “Fight for My Way.” The Netflix Original series dropped the eight episodes that comprise Season 1 on Thursday, Aug. 22.

Director Na-jeong said that they put a lot of thought into the design and function of the app. They made sure the app appealed to both men and women.

“What you should look out for is how the app looks and sounds different in four years in the series timeline. We also spent a lot of time developing and creating a sound that’s memorable and evokes romantic feelings,” said Na-jeong during the press conference of the drama on Tuesday at the JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square.

However, “Love Alarm” is not just about the technology. The director said that she wanted to recreate the well-constructed world of the original story, but at the same time, portray the journey of love and growth of the three characters. This is what it means to ‘love’ someone, she added.

Actress So-hyun said that “Love Alarm” can also remind viewers of their first love. Because of the relationship of the three. Sun-oh is Jojo’s first love and Jojo is Hye-young’s first.

“I think it will remind them of what it was like to be in love for the first time and to be in a relationship,” she said.

Kim So-hyun Philippines sent their support to the actress through a rice wreath during the press conference. The rice wreath can feed 300 children.

To download or not

Super asked the cast in a panel interview if they would ever download the app in real life and if it can really reveal their feelings to their crush.

“I won’t use it. Why? Well, I’m too shy about exposing my feelings. If it was revealed to everyone, I’d be too embarrassed to leave my house,” said Song Kang.

So-hyun who was sitting next to him teased him and said that he is very shy. To which Song Kang replied, “Yes I am.”

So-hyun also said that she will not download the app if it was real. The reason is completely different from Song Kang’s.

“I think I also wouldn’t download it. I think it could lead to less conversations. More people will not know how to express their feelings. So I don’t think I’d use it,” she told Super.

Ga-ram is the only one brave enough who will download the app. He said that he is also quite shy but he thinks that the app can help him express his own feelings for someone he likes. He thinks the app is very helpful.

Ga-ram the fanboy

The actor came to the project knowing exactly how he would interpret his character.

“Even before the decision was made to create a Netflix Original Series, I always liked Hye-young. I communicated very clearly how much I like the character. I shared with the director a lot of my interpretation of Hye-young’s thoughts and we shaped the character together for the series,” he said.

He said that Hye-young is such a great son to his mother and that he really likes that. He added that Hye-young is really considerate of his friends.

Super asked what advice he would give his character if he could speak to him.

“I’d like to tell him to not always put others’ needs before his own. Don’t hold your feelings back. Share them and you may hurt less. Why do you do that?” he said. So-hyun laughed at his answer and echoed, “Why does he do that?”

So does Ga-ram think that Sun-oh is a villain to his character? He does not.

“Sun-oh is a good friend to Hye-young. They grew up together, so Hye-young and Sun-oh know each other and where they come from. Sun-oh has his family issues and Hye-young is really loved. While they compete for the love of one woman, they’re more than friends, they’re like brothers,” he said.

Director’s choice

Director Na-jeong said that Ga-ram “is someone who has a pure and sentimental aura out of all the actors I’ve met in their 20s.” She thinks his genuine expressions represent Hye-young the best.

The director also revealed the reason she chose Song Kang over 900 other actors who tried out for the role of Sun-oh: he offered something different every single time. She added that he could handle a wide spectrum of personalities from a lonesome, indifferent person to an energetic boy and a cute, kind-hearted person.

So-hyun is the perfect Jojo, according to the director, and not just because So-hyun resembles the webtoon character. Director Na-jeong said that her ability to portray a wide range of emotions made her the perfect fit for the role.

“She embraced various aspects of Jojo to near perfection, from Jojo’s strong and positive personality to her falling in love and shutting the world out to lead a lonely life,” she said. She gave So-hyun directions on how to portray Jojo.

Director Na-jeong said that she doesn’t want Jojo to appear too depressed or reserved because of her history. The director knew that portraying Jojo is difficult but she praised the actress for doing a great job.

The director tried to follow the timeline of the original webtoon as closely as possible. Fans who have read the original webtoon would notice that the first ten chapters comprise the first episode. It climaxed with an unexpected kiss between Jojo and Sun-oh.

Super asked Song Kang how he prepared for that scene. “I concentrated on Sun-oh’s feelings and how to create that chemistry with Jojo,” he said.

Explosive chemistry, unrequited love and life-changing choices are just some of the complicated effects of the Love Alarm in the characters’ life. Will you download it or not?

“Love Alarm” is streaming on Netflix.

To watch videos of Super K’s coverage of Love Alarm, visit Super K on Facebook.

Read more: https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/343648/cant-hide-from-the-love-alarm/#ixzz5xZglvbGQ 

Spoiler about some character who may be dead... or not.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Elif Ataş said:

I don't think Duk Gu dead. I think Anti Love Alarm leader is Duk Gu. I recognized him from his lips...

Huh? Do you remember episode and minute:second? 

Not in a hurry. We've got one year ahead of discussions until season 2. :D:o:crazy:

13 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

Spoiler about some character who may be dead... or not.

Hide contents

Huh? Do you remember episode and minute:second? 

Not in a hurry. We've got one year ahead of discussions until season 2. :D:o:crazy:

Spoiler

Las ep , minute 33  --34  . When Love Alarm's fake creater speak ,also Anti Love Alarm's leader speak and camera focus his lips.

enigmatic_zephy, calm down. The forum is meant for us to discuss, not argue. By no means do I hate SO. After watching the show, i formed these views and am on team HY even if I have a feeling SO will be end game. Just calm down and enjoy the forum and show!

unpopular opinion:

Spoiler

I'm with the people who are with the picket fences and against love alarm app. This app surely makes one's stalker tendencies stronger! But real life is complicated so why make it more complicated. Guess that's human nature make more things complicated!!!:lol:

Thank god this show was given in one dose otherwise I don't think I could watch this show episode by episode as I started disliking all three characters for their choices. If I were Hyeyoung I think I will give up on my friendship with SO and JJ altogether. Coz they are not worth it! Coz nothing good will come out of this messed up love triangle. I realize that's why I'm not Hyeyoung!!

On 8/24/2019 at 8:43 PM, angrytomato said:

@enigmatic_zephy

Peace. We're just having fun talking about a fiction show. Let's not turn this into a Youtube comments section.

he is just giving his opinion. Surely that is what a forum is for. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With regards to the ending, I am half-way through but I am just curious how it ends. Can someone in spoiler tags or private message me the ending of the books/webtoons? Does she end up with SunOh or the other guy?

Also this whole love triangle thing is stressing me out because it will leave one person inevitably out. For my conscious I would have preferred just one main lead girl and one main lead guy lol

I cant remember the last time i'm this affected by a drama. I did not plan to watch this drama at all in the begininng but when i turned on netflix and this drama popped up, i clicked thinking its just one episode. It was already 10pm at that time. Then i ended up binge watching it until 6am and feeling completely disappointed, angry and regret by the ending. 

Spoiler

While there are issues in the story that require suspension of disbelief for me, with inconsistent characterization etc, its been a while in the era of kdrama i'm this overwhelmed by a character and the romantic chemistry of the leads and its execution. 

I think Su Oh character was supposed to be the second lead, even Song Kang name is listed after Ga Ram, and the current story of the webtoon also have Jojo with Hye Yeong. 

But it seems to me, the director or the writer is probably also overwhelmed by Song Kang's acting, his charms or chemistry with So Hyun that it seems that his character was changed a bit from the webtoon, and the entire season was spent showing how sizzling Su Oh is with Jojo which makes me mad when the ending suddenly shove me a possiblity of a different pairing. 

Do you guys know the reaction of the korean viewers? I seriously hope this is one of those drama where the second lead end up winning the girl due to netizen's reaction and demand. So that the 2nd season will be different than the webtoon. Its not often we can get this kind of hot charming hero with sweet sizzling romance. Song Kang getting this Su Oh character is like Lee Min Ho getting Gu Jun Pyo. Its a rare gem experience for them and for us. It will be such a waste to not let him get the girl and turn the story around :( I agree that there are many drama already with bad boy type of hero, but not all of them is an almost perfect combination of look, charisma, acting, chemistry, execution and storytelling. I know that different people has different taste. Like how some people cant understand the sudden kiss, i dont find it sudden at all. One of the mistakes in the script or directing i think is Su Oh and Jojo were supposedly attracted at first sight the first time their eyes met. Anyway, after i finished watching this drama, i tried to watch other things to take away my mind off this but here i am T.T

Song Kang Shares His Experience Working With Kim So Hyun And Admiration For BTS

Song Kang Shares His Experience Working With Kim So Hyun And Admiration For BTS

Song Kang mentioned Kim So Hyun and BTS in a recent interview with SpoTV News.

The actor appears in the Netflix series “Love Alarm” with Kim So Hyun. Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, the romance drama is set in an alternate reality where people find love through a mobile application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter (approximately 3.28 feet) radius has feelings for them.

Song Kang plays Hwang Seon Oh who falls in love with Kim Jo Jo (played by Kim So Hyun). Hwang Seon Oh has everything, from being a son to a rich family to living the life of a model. He is loved by so many people that the sound of his alarm never ceases to ring, but he has an empty heart.

The actor talked about working with Kim Sohyun, saying, “I asked Sohyun for a lot of advice. I asked her about many heart-fluttering points.”

He continued, “She is a senior actor I saw on TV, so I was worried that I would be an inconvenience to her. I didn’t think I would be enough, but she contacted me whenever there were difficult scenes She told me, ‘You did great today. I also became emotional while acting,’ making me feel more free with confidence. Since she is more experienced than me, she knows how to look better on camera. She helped me a lot while filming.”

song-kang-kim-so-hyun.jpg

Song Kang also shared his admiration for BTS. He said while laughing, “I heard idol songs, but after I was the MC for ‘Inkigayo,’ I realized that there was a different energy. My heart especially fluttered when I saw BTS. I fell in love with their stage. Everyone is so handsome and cool. I don’t think I can even compete with them.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348185wpp/song-kang-shares-his-experience-working-with-kim-so-hyun-and-admiration-for-bts

On 8/25/2019 at 2:15 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

Sorry but in love, Jojo has used all these boys.. she is still using HY because he is probably more compatible social status wise..

Sorry for taking awhile to reply. I've seen that tangent of reasoning and I'm inclined to believe that you're right in some sense in that she's "using" the boys as an emotional crutch. I believe that she needs to get out of that toxic household and learn to understand/appreciate herself better and to also grow from her past mistakes before she enters in another relationship. Even though she seems to understand her mistake in her relationship with Sun Oh, I feel like all the negative energy she's receiving from her house is only going to continue to spill into her life and future relationship with Hye-young if she does not move out. But she's not just using HY because he is "more compatible social status wise", Hye-young represents unconditional love and hope in a world where Jojo feels isolated and used. But that is also why it is so crucial for her to understand that she cannot go into this relationship with Hye-young like she did with Sun Oh because a relationship shouldn't be your sole emotional crutch for everything that goes on in your life. Here's hoping that season 2 deals with this better, and I'm hoping she gets some better friends in the future to help along with her journey. 

Re: breakdown of SO and HY's relationship. I meant SO instigating the 'breakup' of his relationship with HY. Sun Oh's the one that confronts him about it and tells him that he does not want to see HY ever again. Yes, it's true that HY is breaking the "bro code" by pursuing SO's ex-girlfriend (one that dumped him horribly at that) but he has no obligations to live with SO just because they are friends, even if the motivation for doing so is less than considerate. When I said it was hypocritical of SO to break their friendship apart I meant that Hye-young could have very well done the same with Sun Oh when he found out SO kissed his crush despite already knowing Hye-young liked her. (You can give the excuse that SO asked HY many times and HY always denied but the truth is Sun Oh KNEW about Hye-young's feelings/crush. It's also really obvious that he knew of HY's crush on Jojo when he saw HY following her [+ HY looking at her lovingly from afar] and when Hye-young replied that 'she has a boyfriend'. The director included all these signs to let us the viewers know that SO was AWARE of HY's crush on Jojo. The only reason why Sun Oh asked HY that many times was to re-affirmed and confirm that Hye-young was going to be his 'rival' in love.) 

Moral of the story is that nobody is really 'right' or 'wrong' within their relationships, which also makes the drama between all three interesting for that very reason.  

Archived