[Drama 2019-2020/2021] Love Alarm, 좋아하면 울리는 - Season 2 out now

0ly40

If you’re in love, Love Alarm will ring, If you’re in love, you cannot hide your feelings.” 

As Love Alarm, an app that tells you if there’s anyone who has a crush on you within a 10-meter radius launches, it quickly becomes a social phenomenon. While everyone talks about it and uses it to test their love and popularity, Jojo is one of the few exceptions as life itself is an uphill battle every day for her. However, Jojo soon faces a love triangle situation between Sun-oh, who she is fond of, and Hye-young, who has had a huge crush on her. 

Kim Jojo, played by Kim So-hyun (Who Are You: School 2015, Hey Ghost, Let’s Fight, Radio Romance) is a girl with positive spirit despite some painful family history, and she finds a new love by using the app. Hwang Sun-oh, played by a new face Song Kang, likes Jojo, and he has it all. He has the look of a model and grew up in a rich family. Lee Hye-yeong, played by another rookie actor Jung Ga-ram, is good friends with Sun-oh, and he also likes Jojo, even before Sun-oh.

Love Alarm is based on a popular Korean webtoon of the same title by Chon Kye-young, whose other works like Unplugged Boy and Audition have a strong following in Korea.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love triangles, love rivals, and Love Alarm in Netflix youth drama

lovealarm-poster729.jpg

Aww this looks adorable! Netflix’s Love Alarm, which was first announced way back in early 2017, is finally premiering next month, and we finally have the show’s official poster and our first teaser for the webtoon adaptation featuring Kim So-hyun (Radio Romance), Song Kang (The Liar and His Lover), and Jung Ga-ram (Mistress).

The youth romance centers around a fictional phone app that alerts you when someone within a ten-meter radius has a crush on you. Which sounds like a horrifying prospect to me if I were a high schooler. It certainly complicates things between two best friends, played by Song Kang and Jung Ga-ram, whose characters are the prickly, cold type and the sweet, warm type, respectively. Of course they are. They naturally get involved in a love triangle with Kim So-hyun’s character, who is a hardworking, Candy-type.

In the teaser, Kim So-hyun installs the phone app and wonders what it is to like someone. Well, it sounds like she finds her answer really quickly, because she’s confronted by Song Kang who directly asks whether she likes him. The next thing we know, the two high schoolers are a couple, sharing a cute hug on school grounds and going on a seaside scooter ride.

Unfortunately, Kim So-hyun has another admirer in Jung Ga-ram, who determinedly enters her ten-meter range. She says, “The moment my love alarm rang, my body rang with it.” Jung Ga-ram makes his move as well, approaching Kim So-hyun and saying that he’s waited for her. This, of course, drives a wedge between the two friends, and they decide to let Kim So-hyun’s character make her choice between them. It looks like the show will move beyond high school into the characters’ college years and maybe even beyond, judging from the teaser.

Directing the show is Lee Na-jung, who co-directed Fight My Way and Oh My Venus, which I’m taking for a good thing since they both had very sweet couples at the center of the shows. Writing is Lee Ah-yeon and Seo Bo-ra, both of whom only have one other credit, having co-written last year’s Coffee, I Leave It To You. I’m usually a bit warier of writers with such a short resume, but since there’s a solid source material to adapt the show from, I’m less worried than I would be with an original show.

Netflix will be releasing all 8 episodes of Love Alarm on its platform on August 22.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/love-triangles-love-rivals-and-love-alarm-in-netflix-youth-drama/

The Makings of a Love Triangle in First Trailer for “Love Alarm”

Love Alarm Korean Drama - Kim So Hyun

It’s been a long time coming, but we finally have our first trailer for the upcoming Korean drama Love Alarm starring Kim So Hyun (Radio Romance), Jung Ga Ram (Mistress), andSong Kang (Man Who Sets the Table). It’s a good one and shows how the love phone app works as wells as some of the relationship drama we have to look forward to.

Love Alarm is based on the webtoon of the same name about a love triangle that is complicated by the use of a phone application that tells them if someone close by has feelings for them.

Love Alarm is scheduled to premiere August 22 on Netflix.

Check out the trailer here: https://youtu.be/4Q32dI1ZsEE

EA8flWIX4AA3UZ6.jpg

Kim jojo: “Liking someone… what does that mean, exactly?”

Jung-Ga-Ram.jpg

Lee Hye Young :“Is there any way to stop liking someone?”

Song-Kang.jpg

Hwang Seon Oh :“Ring my alarm.”

Kim So Hyun, Song Kang, And Jung Ga Ram Are Entangled In A Love Triangle In Posters For New Drama “Love Alarm”

Netflix’s upcoming original series “Love Alarm” has unveiled new character posters of its starring cast!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. The drama will tell the story of young men and women searching for love in a world in which almost everyone relies solely on the application to express their feelings.

On August 2, the upcoming drama released three new posters introducing viewers to its three leads, with each poster bearing the tagline, “A world in which you can’t hide loneliness.”

Kim So Hyun’s poster shows her character Kim Jo Jo looking conflicted as she lies in bed with the life-changing “love alarm” app turned on. The caption hints at Kim Jo Jo’s tormented thoughts, reading, “Liking someone… what does that mean, exactly?”

Song Kang’s poster features the actor in character as the popular student Hwang Seon Oh, who is more interested in Kim Jo Jo than the many girls who like him. The poster captures the lovesick Hwang Seon Oh lost in thought as its caption reads, “Ring my alarm.”

Finally, Jung Ga Ram looks tortured as his character Lee Hye Young, who is forced to watch as Hwang Seon Oh—his longtime best friend who is like a brother to him—falls for Kim Jo Jo, the girl that he liked first.

His poster’s caption asks despairingly, “Is there any way to stop liking someone?”

“Love Alarm” is currently scheduled to be released on Netflix on August 22. In the meantime, you can check out the first teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1342899wpp/kim-so-hyun-song-kang-and-jung-ga-ram-are-entangled-in-a-love-triangle-in-posters-for-new-drama-love-alarm

Vogue Korea 's article about Love Alarm

#LoveAlarm sounds like a normal teen romance at first glance, but inside, the story is unique. It depicts the friendship and growth of Jo Jo, Seon Oh and Hyeyoung and the love hidden inside them. Their relationship began in high school and continued into adulthood.

It sounds like a very common love triangle, but it's not.There's a mixture of affection, compassion and anger in them. The two take a step back from Jojo for each other's sake. But it's not about letting go. They rely on #LoveAlarm app to find out about their confused emotions.

Even JoJo, who is loved by Seon Oh and Hye Young, is not at peace of mind. Spacious and bold, Jojo lives in her aunt's house and gets scolded, but she doesn't resent it. But the affection for her mother lies deep in her heart...

Eventually, JoJo becomes independent from her aunt and goes out to find her own life. As an adult, JoJo goes into conflict with Seon Oh and Hye Young to understand her true feelings

A #LoveAlarm app that was welcomed at first, but gradually confused people's feelings. It's also interesting to wonder who developed it first, why did he develop it, and what kind of results he want to do?

Also, you can't forget the excitement of peeking into the depths of JoJo, Seon Oh and Hye Young’s heart. If you want to feel the buzzing moment when the #LoveAlarm goes off, you can see it on Netflix on Aug 22nd. Are you ready to turn on your 'LOVE ALARM'?

transleted by Lily_CFC twitter

Archived