[Drama 2019-2020/2021] Love Alarm, 좋아하면 울리는 - Season 2 out now

0ly40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kim So Hyun shares a cozy update after wrapping up filming for Netflix's 'Love Alarm' season 2

Actress Kim So Hyun returned to her personal Instagram for the first time in a while, to share a cozy, friendly update with her fans!

In her post, Kim So Hyun posed for a comfortable selca in a casual tee and wrote, "Everyone! Are you doing well? As for me, I'm getting plenty of rest after wrapping up filming for 'Love Alarm'. It must be hard dealing with the sudden hot weather, but I hope that you will have many chances to laugh just a little bit!! I haven't posted very many photos these days TT. I'll come by with new posts more often! Everyone, stay strong." 

It seems that the actress has recently completed all of the filming for season 2 of her Netflix original drama series, 'Love Alarm'! Let's hope the drama returns with season 2 sooner than later!

• 1 month later...

Love Alarm Season 2 Delayed Till Further Announcement

After a fantastic first season and a spectacular suspension, fans of the Korean drama are already asking when they can expect to see the next season of Love Alarm. Here is everything you should know about Love Alarm Season 2.

This is what Love Alarm is all about

The drama is based on a story written by Chon Kye-Young. The series takes place in an increasingly digital era in which love is still on the rise. In this world, a developer launches a dating app and goes viral in South Korea.

The application can tell the user when someone close, has romantic feelings for him. With that, JoJo’s life is turned inside out. Soon, the girl finds herself trapped in a love triangle between a boy and his childhood friend.

Love Alarm Season 2: Renewal

Last year in October, after the first season of Love Alarm was a great success, it was confirmed that a second season would be filmed for the story. And since then, fans are waiting for the second season to be released so that they could get answers to all the questions that were left at the end of season one. From that moment the excitement and the wait have been a constant.

When will Love Alarm Season 2 be released?

In August 2019, the first season of the series was released on the digital platform. The series was renewed for another season.

However, it seems that the fans of the Korean drama will not be happy to know that the release date of the series has been delayed.

Initially, it was believed that the second part of the anime would be released in 2020. But, after the problems related to Covid-19, the recordings suffered delays and everything indicates that the new year will only be released on Netflix between January and February. 2021.

Love Alarm Season 2 Delayed Till Further Announcement

After a fantastic first season and a spectacular suspension, fans of the Korean drama are already asking when they can expect to see the next season of Love Alarm. Here is everything you should know about Love Alarm Season 2.

This is what Love Alarm is all about

The drama is based on a story written by Chon Kye-Young. The series takes place in an increasingly digital era in which love is still on the rise. In this world, a developer launches a dating app and goes viral in South Korea.

The application can tell the user when someone close, has romantic feelings for him. With that, JoJo’s life is turned inside out. Soon, the girl finds herself trapped in a love triangle between a boy and his childhood friend.

Love Alarm Season 2: Renewal

Last year in October, after the first season of Love Alarm was a great success, it was confirmed that a second season would be filmed for the story. And since then, fans are waiting for the second season to be released so that they could get answers to all the questions that were left at the end of season one. From that moment the excitement and the wait have been a constant.

When will Love Alarm Season 2 be released?

In August 2019, the first season of the series was released on the digital platform. The series was renewed for another season.

However, it seems that the fans of the Korean drama will not be happy to know that the release date of the series has been delayed.

Initially, it was believed that the second part of the anime would be released in 2020. But, after the problems related to Covid-19, the recordings suffered delays and everything indicates that the new year will only be released on Netflix between January and February. 2021.

• 3 months later...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/12/16/song-kang-shares-thoughts-on-sweet-home-and-the-gift-of-love-alarm/amp/

Song acquired a loyal fan following while playing the character Sun-oh in Love Alarm, which ended abruptly with the promise of a second season. Multiple factors have delayed the second season, but Song has not forgotten his Love Alarm character.

“Love Alarm is such a great gift for me and gave me a lot of great memories. I’m grateful that so many people have loved the series and Sun-oh’s character. I miss Sun-oh and I have such immense love for that character. I can’t say much about what’s coming, but I think we might be able to have an update sometime during the first half of next year.”

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019-2020/2021] Love Alarm, 좋아하면 울리는 - Season 2 premieres on March 15th
17 hours ago, annaR said:

15th of March, isn't it? Netflix just released 2 pictures. Caaant waiiiit

Anyway, i cant find love alarm season 2 thread. Anyone can drop me the link please?

we will keep this page :) 

CED99873-5577-41-F8-8-D07-F81-C4-F28264-

we are ready for all the alarms in the world  :love:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I want to say that I watched 3 Episodes and I'm not convinced. While Season 1 introduced a new world, Season 2 is very boring. I had hoped Jojo's family situation would either improve, or she herself would fight back, ... or simply leave.

Instead she keeps playing martyr. A part of me thinks that is exactly why GulMi shamelessly gets delusional about her own situation and blaming everything on Jojo - she doesn't even talk back much, or anything.

In any case I got wilfully spoilered about the ending. This isn't really about ships, whether she'd be better with Sunoh or Hye Young. I just find her character stunted, much like a high school girl she was. I'd rather have seen her in a completely new situation.

Should I watch further 3 episodes? I am very much disappointed that everyone is still so obsessed with "ringing the alarm". It completely disrupts business meetings, school, etc. After 5 years it should be established that you'd only shut it on to meet new people/go on dates, but not having it shut on all the time in your relationship, so it keeps riiiiiinging.

Also the fact that people get in trouble with the law, and everything, because they are obsessed with their status. I find it funny that people like Sunoh and his gf Yukjoo keep getting so many "loves" or even "likes" from random strangers who find them hot/attractive so they can end up in Badge Club, yet Sunoh apparently finds his gf totally unattractive? It takes little interaction for the alarm to rign for other people, see flashback when Sunoh was walking through the school and like 100 alarms rang. 

The Love Alarm 2.0 should up the level, from simple like to actual love. Alas, they didnt take that opportunity, so this is altogether frustrating for me. 

8 hours ago, Czech Seoul said:

I am mad and in pain. The end game pair didn't match the chemistry of the first season. It was boring. Kim So Hyun should evaluate her life choices starting from School 2015. She sucks 

Blame the characters not the actress please. 

This rant is a spoiler so if you don't want to know about the result for Love Alarm 2 read no further....

I am beyond annoyed.  After Loving Series 1 because of the explosive chemistry between JoJo & Sun Oh series 2 is a definite disappointment.  Nothing about the storyline was fair to Sun Oh.  He never had a chance.  He got zero character development so how was he supposed to compete against the storyline they gave Hye Young?  HY got all the props for being the perfect boyfriend, friend, companion, and long suffering love.  Sun Oh got absolutely NOTHING!  They even threw in HY's murdering father in jail....give me a break. 

JoJo was still her stupid unsure self so I shouldn't even expect her to know who she loves.   So are we to believe that all that love and suffering for Sun Oh was for nothing????  That for the past 4 years Sun Oh lived his life like a zoombie for nothing???  That the love we saw and experienced between them in Love Alarm1 was for nothing??? 

I read that the director is not the same one that did Series 1 and it shows.  He obviously agreed with the writer that HY was the champion from the start because he was given all the sympathy and love in character development.

I feel totally cheated for waiting this long for the conclusion of this series.  Love Alarm 1 is ruined for me too.  To watch it again would be heartbreaking and I refuse to contribute to its popularity now that I know the conclusion that is Love Alarm2.

Netflix.....you messed up bigtime! 

• Like 1

Taking the ships and ending out of the equation, I agree with most that this season was a huge let down. It's an extension of what the characters became at the end of season 1, with very little character development. Now I understand why they delayed it for a year.

It's a waste of the actors' time. The cast is too talented for writing like this. Even the bgm, the scene cuts, and the mood of each scene are completely off. And the supporting characters felt nonexistent and ancillary. I was more interested in Gulmi and Dukgu storyline than the main characters, and she was the most hated character in the show. Midway, I started to even hate the way they wrote Jojo. She's no longer the strong-minded heroine from season 1, and it's just sad to see her reduced to this one-dimensional character. I had a feeling that season 2 wasn't going to be as good as season 1, but I didn't expect it to be this empty and shallow. Here's another drama that traumatizes the audience for no good reason and zero pay off.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019-2020/2021] Love Alarm, 좋아하면 울리는 - Season 2 out now

I watched season 1 a few days ago and I watched season 2 last night.  I may the only one, but I'm happy that JJ and HY was endgame.  JJ and HY reminded me of Suzy and Kim Soo Hyun from Dream High, so I knew they would wind up together.  I was pissed with the ending of Dream High but I was happy with this one.  My thoughts:

I like HY.  He was a better person than SO.  When JJ had a boyfriend, he respected it.  When JJ dated SO, he also respected that.  SO, on the other hand, wasn't a good person.  First, I didn't like how he pursued JJ knowing that HY liked her.  HY always did what SO wanted.  You could say that HY's fault but SO took advantage of it.  I personally feel like he went out of his way to pursue JJ just to get a rise out of HY.  But HY didn't give him a reaction.  I like that after JJ and SO broke up, HY finally did what he wanted and pursued JJ.  That to me was character growth.  SO, on the other hand, never grew.  Even towards the end of season 2, SO said to HY "You promised to protect me from anyone trying to hurt me."  He was trying to guilt him about dating JJ.  Seriously, how dare he?  SO was entitled the whole series.  I don't dislike him, but he's seriously flawed.

I also like the ending because it's reality.  Most people don't end up with their first love and that's okay.  Some may say it's settling, but most of the time this is what happens.  Whereas first love is based on looks and attraction, a lot of people will settle down with someone based on how the other person makes them feel.  JJ liked that HY put her and her needs first and eventually she started thinking of his needs too.  That's when she realized she loved him.  So I like the ending for staying true to reality.

The only gripe I have is the obsession with the Love Alarm.  Needing your phone to see if you like someone is weird.  But I could also see this happening in reality one day.  Considering how people are obsessed with their phones and apps, this is something that could happen in the not-too-distant future.

One more gripe.  There wasn't enough romance between JJ and HY at the end.  They could've done better than just one kiss.  But other than that, it was a decent show.

• Like 5