[Drama 2019-2020/2021] Love Alarm, 좋아하면 울리는 - Season 2 out now

0ly40

54 minutes ago, bright morning said:

will netflix give numbers? how do we know the feedback? this drama is my addiction I need more

A lot of people talking about Love Alarm in a positive way on twitter ,instagram and youtube . Also a lot of article are written about LA. 

People's comments is often "waiting for 2. season ,give me 2. season , when will the 2. season aired " on Netflix posts :)

Netflix see this and  give us 2. season asap :) 

Here’s the Deal With Season 2 of Netflix’s ‘Love Alarm’

Give the people what they want!

Netflix just recently released its very first original Korean drama and people are OBSESSED with it. Love Alarm is about a dating app that sounds off when someone within a 10-meter radius has the hots for you, which, yes, is exactly as problematic as it sounds. There are love triangles, hurt feelings, and enough drama to make you binge all eight episodes as quickly as possible.

Fans love the series for its super-juicy plot, but many were unsatisfied with the ending. They’re already calling out on Twitter for a second season and, uh...Netflix should probably deliver one as soon as possible. These fans are thirsty as hell.

Anyway, here’s absolutely everything we know about the second season of Love Alarm. (If there will even be one, that is.)

First of all, a second season would totally make sense.

Not to spoil anything...but the show ends on a cliff-hanger. That almost always means there will be another season, right? Right?! Not to mention, the Love Alarm app receives a vital update toward the end of the first season. Why would they even bring this up if they weren’t going to make it a plotline in future episodes? We need closure, Netflix!

But nothing has been officially announced yet.

Love Alarm was practically just released, so it’s no surprise that Netflix hasn’t announced a second season yet. So if you haven’t finished the season yet...take this as your official warning to watch the episodes as slowly as possible.

We might have to wait awhile.

It’s not yet clear when a (hypothetical, of course) second season might begin filming, but the first season was announced back in January 2017...which was basically a million years ago. Hopefully it doesn’t take this long the second time around?

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a28819640/netflix-love-alarm-season-2-cast-news-date-spoilers/?utm_campaign=socialflowTWCOS&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW&utm_source=twitter

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Elif Ataş said:

A lot of people talking about Love Alarm in a positive way on twitter ,instagram and youtube . Also a lot of article are written about LA. 

People's comments is often "waiting for 2. season ,give me 2. season , when will the 2. season aired " on Netflix posts :)

Netflix see this and  give us 2. season asap :) 

consider both So hyun and song is busy with other drama I guess there is gonna take long time before seeing any season 2... maybe sometime next year... I have not yet watched this drama because I knew they would do this. letting us hanging like this... so typical netflix not knowing that what we want is completed story, not dragging out this love triangle into the infinity... 

9 minutes ago, sal2 said:

consider both So hyun and song is busy with other drama I guess there is gonna take long time before seeing any season 2... maybe sometime next year... I have not yet watched this drama because I knew they would do this. letting us hanging like this... so typical netflix not knowing that what we want is completed story, not dragging out this love triangle into the infinity... 

Yes , ı know. Both are busy with other dramas. Maybe they start shooting in winter like season 1 and at best we can watch the season 2 in August 2020:sweatingbullets:

Jung Ga Ram interview

“about what I would do if I were a woman, I thought I would have dated Sun-oh and marry Hye-young. I think dating is fun with Sun-oh, but I think it's better to marry Hye-young because marriage needs stability," Ga Ram said with a smile . :)

Jung Ga Ram also mentioned that Song Kang and Kim So Hyun, who appeared in #LoveAlarm with him, are his close friends in real life http://naver.me/Fx54o4pe  They relied to each other during the filming.

CR:Lily_CFC twitter

EDHPqv5UwAAkFJI.jpg

Spoiler

EDHXyKUU8AEDo3L.jpg

cr:wowhellosohyun -twitter

New still cut

EDGdT6ZUYAAesqo.jpg

EDGdUSuUwAEvwOG.jpg

Spoiler

EDGdUD8UEAAApFn.jpg

EDGXBGOU0AAzg-_.jpg

K-Drama Review: “Love Alarm” Reins In A Beautifully Crafted Yet Bittersweet Young Romance

NETFLIX TUGS AT VIEWERS’ HEARTS WITH ITS NEWEST TEEN ROMANCE, LOVE ALARM.

Riding on the trend of viral mobile apps, Netflix’s very own original series Love Alarmcenters around the “JOAlarm” or the “Love Alarm”. The app notifies its users when there is someone who likes them within a 10 meter radius. The app connects directly to the users’ hearts, which somewhat proves its authenticity.

The drama presents itself as a teenage romance, but as viewers reflect on its main theme, it takes on more of a Black Mirror kind of energy. The influence that one app can have on the lives of its users can be daunting.

Nation’s Little Sister Kim So Hyun makes her Netflix debut as the beautiful but troubled Kim Jojo. A quiet teenager who refuses to waste any time doing the usual teenage things like going to internet cafes. Instead, she devotes all her time in working part-time jobs to support her ailing grandmother. Jojo unknowingly gets caught in a love triangle with childhood friends  Lee Hye Yeong (Jung Ga Ram) and Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang).

TITLE: LOVE ALARM
NETWORK: NETFLIX
THEME: ROMANCE, SCHOOL DRAMA, FAMILY DRAMA
LENGTH: 8 EPISODES
BROADCAST DATE: 22 AUGUST 2019
MAIN LEADS: KIM SO HYUN, JUNG GA RAM, SONG KANG
HIGHLIGHTS: UNIQUE THEME AND STORY LINE, EXCELLENT ACTING FROM THREE MAIN LEADS
OVERALL RATING: 4.5.gif
RE-WATCH VALUE: 5.gif
RELATED DRAMAS: SCHOOL 2017, SCHOOL 2015

QUICK PLOT ROUNDUP

Despite the rising popularity of the Love Alarm app, Kim Jojo refuses to download the app. Instead, she keeps busy with her part-time jobs. Jojo struggles financially but pretends that everything is ok. She goes as far as lying to her teachers and friends about her after school academy and school lunches. Jojo has a boyfriend, Il Sik, but the relationship is more of convenience for Jojo.

She eventually meets Hwang Sun Oh, former magazine model. Sun Oh’s Love Alarm goes crazy as girls fawn over the handsome new student. Sun Oh is the son of Jeong Mimi, a popular actress who is actually very distant from her son. Instead, Sun Oh has been under the care of Hye Yeong’s mother. Sun Oh and Hye Yeong grew up together, with the latter often looking after his best friend Sun Oh.

Sun Oh falls in love with Jojo, but he suspects that Hye Yeong is also in love with the girl. To prove it, Sun Oh kisses Jojo, but surprises himself when he falls in love with her. Despite the fact that Jojo is bullied in school, Sun Oh adores the quiet girl. The school goes into a frenzy when the relationship is revealed.

While on a school trip in Jeju Island, Jojo and Sun Oh get into a motorcycle accident. Sun Oh’s parents immediately whisk him back to the city and keep him away from Jojo. However, Jojo manages to convince herself that she will eventually hurt Sun Oh if she continues the relationship, so she activates a shield on her Love Alarm app, keeping her true emotions from ringing on her loved one’s app.

Jojo publicly breaks up with Sun Oh, but he refuses to accept that she no longer loves him. He is shocked when Jojo’s love doesn’t register on his Love Alarm app, but he continues to beg Jojo to take him back. Although it pains Jojo, she rebuffs his attempts every time. Eventually, Sun Oh leaves for America.

Fast forward to four years later, Jojo is still working part-time jobs. Sun Oh is in a half-hearted relationship with popular entrepreneur Yook Ji. However, Yook Ji is aware that Sun Oh doesn’t love her.

Meanwhile, the Love Alarm app has exploded in popularity. Love Alarm has changed relationships as it relies more heavily on the accuracy of the app. Jojo’s shield still works on her phone, carefully concealing her true feelings. Hye Yeong attempts to persuade Jojo with his true feelings for her. He reveals that he deleted the app when they were in high school to avoid complications with his best friend Sun Oh. However, Hye Yeong is determined to ring the alarm on Jojo’s Love Alarm app.

Sun Oh finds out that Hye Yeong is set on winning Jojo’s heart. For his part, nothing has changed for him since he still loves Jojo. In fact, every time he gets within 10 meters of Jojo, he still manages to ring Jojo’s Love Alarm.

On the day of the launch of Love Alarm 2.0, Jojo turns up at the launch to get her shield removed. Hye Yeong, Sun Oh and Jojo finally get within 10 meters of each other.

HIGHLIGHTS

For me, it’s so refreshing to watch a Korean teenage drama that’s light but there’s still a little bit of drama in it. As I felt during My First First Life, 8 episodes for 1 season is simply not enough! I actually considered not watching this first, and just wait for Season 2. But my EQ is actually pretty low, so of course I binge-watched the entire Season 1 days after its premiere.

Kudos to the entire cast for being able to pull off such complex characters that had very complicated emotions. The three leads in particular did a stellar job in figuring between a love triangle.

May I say that Song Kang is ADORABLE. I was enthralled by this boy and how well he acted throughout the entire drama. At first, I was put off by his cool as a cucumber attitude. I even thought to myself that he was just another cliche actor relying on his good looks. But he surprised me with his depth! He was very reflective in his scenes with Kim So Hyun’s character, and their chemistry was outstanding. I was actually ready to end on Episode 3 when Jojo and Sun Oh became a couple. For me, that would have been the perfect ending.

I’ve watched Kim So Hyun’s previous dramas, so I could rely on this girl to deliver as Kim Jojo. As always, I’m impressed by how talented this young girl is. For her young age, she pulled off such a heavy character laden with emotional baggage from her past. My heart literally went out to Kim Jojo, who was so unlucky in life. When she broke up with Sun Oh, her pain was palpable that I wondered what kind of heartbreak Kim So Hyun went through in real life for her to execute such emotions onscreen.

Another thing I loved about Kim Jojo is her outfits. Her transition from a young high school girl to a young woman on the verge of becoming an adult was done subtly but it was very beautiful. The changes were minimal as she traded her school uniform for neutral and earthy colors. Small touches were added like jewelry and a very simple and basic sense of style. But Kim So Hyun was gorgeous in the latter part of the drama.

DRAWBACKS

What can be this drama’s biggest drawback other than the fact that there is only 8 episodes for its first season? Understandably, I know that season 2 is in the offing, but I can’t wait! I need to know who Kim Jojo chooses in the end.

Other than that, I’d have to say that I’m kind of getting past characters that have had traumatic childhoods already. Although Kim Jojo did well in her character portrayal, it was too heavy for the female lead to have that much baggage. It came to a point when I’d start to feel frustrated and just want Jojo to get a break.

RECOMMENDATIONS

Fair warning before I recommend this drama, the cliffhanger will leave you wanting for more. I still recommend this drama for its light romance and amazing visuals care of the lead actors. It’s not a heavy drama, but it does have its heavy scenes. The light romance makes up for it though.

This drama is an eyeopener because it focuses on an app that takes over the lives of its users. Taking its cue from real life, viewers are faced with a grim reality of the dangers that social media and app usage can cause. It gives us a grim picture of the reality of social media. In the drama, we see the need to be affirmed by the number of rings, or likes, or comments we receive tend to define us as people.

Love Alarm can be streamed on Netflix.

https://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-love-alarm/

Garam 's interview.. He talked about season 2.

What do you want to show when Season 2 is made? JGR: Season 1 was the stage where Hyeyoung and Jojo started to love. I couldn't even hold hands with Jojo while shooting this work. So in season 2, I want to hold hands and show deep romance.

When season 2 is produced, I think we can see the sweet side of Hye-young and Jo-jo.

cr:4_gif_sf

Jung Garan's interview photos

2019083008563871415-540x810.jpg

2019083008583817493-540x810.jpg

Spoiler

Review: “Love Alarm” Is a Reminder of How Social Media Harms Teenagers

"Black Mirror" meets "Mean Girls" in Netflix's latest original Korean drama

Between climbing the social ladder, navigating first loves, and actual schoolwork, high school students have enough to contend with. Social media only amplifies the excesses of high school’s petty and often bizarre social ranking system—the “popular kids” don’t just enjoy higher status in school, they probably also get more “likes” on their Instagram posts. Bullying in school extends to the online world, leading to mental health issues and even suicides.

Enter Love Alarm, Netflix’s latest original Korean drama. The show imagines a world where a Tinder-like app called a Love Alarm “rings” every time someone within a 10 meter radius “loves” you. The app is somehow connected to the user’s heart to promise authenticity—a prospect that would make Elon Musk excited about potential applications for his Neuralink.

Boilerplate High School Drama

Love Alarm follows the format of a typical high school drama; we leave the reader to determine whether 16 year olds really know what “love” is. The Love Alarm adds on to the numerous stresses of regular high school life, creating a quantitative indicator of social hierarchy and adding another dimension of tension to budding crushes and relationships. Just like how modern teenagers compete for Instagram likes (or Snapchat streaks), everyone in the show’s school vies to get the most Love Alarm rings.

Hwang Sun-oh (Song Kang) is the stereotypical “popular kid” in school. His wealthy parents are a politician and a famous actress, and Sun-oh himself is a child model. Sun-oh moves back from the US and transfers to the local high school. The moment he walks onto campus, his Love Alarm explodes with rings from just about every girl.

Meanwhile, Kim Jojo (Kim So-hyun) couldn’t be more different. Orphaned at a young age, Jojo lives with her abusive aunt and her socially popular cousin Gul-mi (Go Min-si)—who is determined to have Sun-oh ring her Love Alarm. 

However, Sun-oh develops feelings for Jojo instead, and the two begin a blossoming romance—a story so resembling Taylor Swift’s ballads she could’ve been the one writing it. Add in judo jock Il-sik, nerdy social outcast Duk-gu, and “best friend who likes the same girl” Hye-young, and you’ve basically got the cast for a Korean remake of Lizzie McGuire

Dystopian Trojan Horse

At this point, you’re probably thinking that Love Alarm is just a mediocre boilerplate high school drama—and on the surface, you’d be right. But once you peel back the layers of abstraction and inspect the story’s elements, you’ll find that Love Alarm is more like Black Mirror than High School Musical. While writer Chon Kye-young didn’t intend for Love Alarm to be a dystopian series, at times it certainly comes off as one. 

Not everyone is made equally attractive, but in the era before mass social media, at least we weren’t bombarded with perfectly Photoshopped pictures of Zhou Dongyu everyday on our news feeds. Similarly, not everyone will get their Love Alarm rung thousands of times—some may never have their Love Alarm rung at all. 

After a mass suicide of people with zero rings, an anti-Love Alarm activist group forms to protest usage of the app, and urge users to uninstall it. Meanwhile, Gul-mi resorts to extreme measures in an attempt to buy rings, much like how wannabe Instagram celebrities buy likes

Love Alarm brings to light the dark side of social media: whether it’s self-esteem issues, or how social media makes our relationships more superficial (after all, if 5,000 people “love” you, aren’t we cheapening the word “love”?). Every episode ends with a note on social media obsession, such as a reminder that “the most powerful number is one [person who loves you].” While Love Alarm comes up short in plot, it shines in social commentary that’s increasingly necessary as we realize social media damages both our individual mental health and society’s collective mental health.

As it turns out, the team behind Love Alarm know quite a bit about technology, even beyond its societal effects. Unlike most portrayals of programming on-screen, Love Alarm actually depicts software development fairly accurately—a database reference book pops up in one scene, and fairly accurate software code underlies the Love Alarm app. This is perhaps due to the fact that there’s a real Love Alarm app with over 100,000 installs. No, it’s not a real Love Alarm, but it resembles the user interface in the show, and is being used for promotional activities in Seoul. 

That Love Alarm initially comes off as a brainless, teen-friendly high school drama is perhaps an advantage then. The series is a bit of a Trojan horse for unassuming teen audiences: they might be drawn in by the Cinderella-like love story, but end up learning a lesson about the ills of social media addiction. However, adult viewers might be more inclined to skip the series entirely unless they really want high school to never end.

•   •   •

Love Alarm (Korean: 좋아하면 울리는) —South Korea. Dialog in Korean. Directed by Lee Na-jung, and based on a webtoon by Chon Kye-young. First released August 22, 2019. Starring Kim So-hyun, Song Kang, and Jung Ga-ram.

https://www.cinemaescapist.com/2019/08/review-love-alarm-netflix-korean-drama/

ung Ga Ram Discusses Working With Song Kang And Kim So Hyun, Attitude On Acting, And More

Jung Ga Ram from Netflix’s original series “Love Alarm” sat down for an interview to talk about his co-stars Song Kang and Kim So Hyun.

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. The drama tells the story of three young men and women who face a world in which people can only express their love through the app.

In “Love Alarm,” Jung Ga Ram takes the role of Hye Young, who has to take a step back for Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun) and Seon Oh’s (Song Kang) budding romance to develop, but he can’t give up his feelings for Jo Jo, whom he liked first.

Jung Ga Ram shared his satisfaction for the drama, saying, “I was a fan of the original webtoon. I really enjoyed the webtoon, so I was curious how the drama would turn out. The CG was awesome, and the story of Jo Jo and Seon Oh was fun.”

The actor was especially interested in Hye Young’s character when he auditioned for “Love Alarm.” He said, “I thought a lot about the character Hye Young while watching the webtoon. But when I played Hye Young, it was different. Since it was such a popular webtoon, it became a burden in a way. I talked a lot with the director, and I tried to express it just the way I felt.”

Jung Ga Ram said that although the drama portrays a love triangle, he himself has never been involved in a love triangle before. Then he went into detail about the love triangle in the drama, saying, “It doesn’t feel like two guys are fighting over one girl. I thought it was not a love triangle. Rather it was just a story about people facing each other. Rather than competing, it felt like expressing and conveying each other’s feelings. It didn’t feel like the typical ‘I’m going to have her!'”

When asked if he would choose love or friendship, the actor candidly answered, “Love. I thought maybe I should choose friendship, but I’m going to pick love. I don’t know if friendship is any better.”

Jung Ga Ram also talked about working with Kim So Hyun and Song Kang. About Song Kang, he said, “I talked to Song Kang a lot. Since we are in a position where we’re working together, we talked a lot about each other’s concerns. There were life stories and acting stories. We shared a lot of stories, and in the end, we ended up with ‘Let’s work hard together!'”

As for his acting senior Kim So Hyun, he said, “When Kim So Hyun was reading the script, she definitely had a mature feeling. I was able to talk about my worries in acting, and that’s how we connected. She’s usually very serious. She’s a really great actress. Song Kang and I talked a lot with Kim So Hyun.”

After debuting in 2012, Jung Ga Ram is slowly gaining attention as an actor after appearing in a series of big works over the years. However, he shared that the more he acts, the more difficult it becomes. He confessed, “There was no answer. When I act with my seniors, I feel like I’m lacking a lot. I wonder, ‘Can I act until then? When can I act as well as they do?’ I’m very grateful I’m able to be in so many projects. I think I’m slowly getting better now. I try to do my best every moment. And I keep trying to make myself better. Maybe that’s the only way I can survive. I’m so happy to work.”

Thanks to his acting career, Jung Ga Ram naturally earned the label “Chungmuro’s Rising Star.” The actor commented with laughter, “I was eating with my seniors before, and they complimented me by calling me a ‘rising star.’ Then another senior actor said, ‘There are 30,000 rising stars in our country.’ I don’t really have any thoughts about being called a ‘rising star.’ I just think I should work hard. I’m still in the stage of showing and proving. When I’m in my 20s, I want to appear in more diverse works.”

He continued, “I don’t feel like I’ve been acknowledged yet. I’m still at the stage where I have to show myself more and prove my abilities. I’d like to do more diverse works. What will I be like in ten years? I think I’ve had a lot of good fortune to have kind friends while doing this work. So I want to be warm to people around me. I would rather be a mediocre person with warmth than a special person without it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349235wpp/jung-ga-ram-discusses-working-with-song-kang-and-kim-so-hyun-attitude-on-acting-and-more

Netflixkr ig uptade

@starlitelet I kinda know what you mean but SO is different from the ones I've seen at least because they never did anything like that to their best friend and actually had some character development.

Girls, women. I don't care if this is television. Don't let a guy treat you that way. Don't even date someone who would treat their friend that way. HY is an example of how a girl/woman should be treated. He's not relying on an app to get the girl. He treats her with respect, he looks out for her and for the first time by being with HY, you see the less drama she gets from it. SO, it was just filled with drama. She already didn't get along with her cousin but it got to the point where it got physical. She lost her friends. She even got bullied at times. For those who have called HY a coward, stop. He knew his boundaries because he knew she had a boyfriend and had she been single, he would have gotten a chance. These three are not kids anymore, Jojo and HY have grown up but cannot say the same for SO (he's a man-child). HY deserves his chance, so what's wrong with him getting the girl?

On 8/28/2019 at 3:35 AM, elan1 said:

It's a fact that the webtoon is still ongoing. The writer was on a break due to health problems but now she's improving. She's working on the webtoon once more. 

I heard it too! Thanks

she was one of scriptwriter for this drama! 

I hope she will make right decision for good ending ! 

On 8/23/2019 at 7:23 AM, angrytomato said:

Love Alarm spoiler - whole series - level 5:

Hide contents

Another frustration: in my opinion, Hye-young was a more interesting character than Sun-oh. And just when his relationship with Jo-jo was starting to develop, bang! Drama ends. This is unfair. On the opposite, Jo-jo and Sun-oh ship was romantic and cute, but I kind of find it less believable. Maybe because it started so suddenly... 

Another character which I started to love was the actual app developer. His "meetings" with Jo-jo were warm and absolutely lovely, besides not being mutually attracted... And suddenly, noooooooooooooo.... :tears:

* For all Kim So-hyun followers: I'd started to see the "queen of crying and sadness" Han Ga-eun (Emperor: Master of the Mask) in Jo-jo, and that is hardly good... only God knows how I thanked those last scenes with Hye-young, and all the smiles she gave us.

By the way, I'm 100% #teamHyeYoung .

Spoiler alert - Level 5

Spoiler

I agree with you. I actually didnt get the sudden attraction by Sun-Oh. He saw her on the bus. She did look beautiful there. But it was at a point when he knowingly followed his best friend stalking the girl he likes. And then bamboozled into falling for the girl's smile? A bit far fetched to me too. I felt they shd have developed the growing attraction and possibly his struggle to acknowledge his feelings. And then his quick request for a kiss out of nowhere. Is that supposed to be because he was from the States, just asking a girl he barely knew to kiss is no biggie? Honestly, he came out more of an a**hole by that point. But but.. I may says he redeemed himself with all the sweetness overload he showered on her and his protection.

And yes, that warm relationship with Duk joo was indeed lovely.

And the ending.. that was it? I actually google to try to find out when is the next episode because that cannot be an ending.

I felt bad for Suh-oh overly understanding girlfriend when she heard the love alarm beep at the end scene. But she needs to work on the facial expression. I expect some level of disappointment, surprise, sadness. anything.

I'm #teamHyeYoung because I always love underdog

Archived