siobhanne

Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

Zhu YiLong on Conde Nast Traveler - May 2020 issues

• Like 1

YiLong birthday today :D  Happy Birthday to Zhu YiLong

• Like 1

Zhu Yi Long for Louis Vuitton

• Like 1

I haven't been able to use VPN for a long time. Seems that there's not many discussions about ZYL as before. Anyways, I'm gonna post some updates.

1. Zhu Yilong flew to Shanghai in late March to wrap up the shooting for Dear Myself. The series is said to be aired in 2020. 

2. He cut his hair short afterwards (Gosh I LOOOOOOVE the new hairstyle) and joined a new TV series called The Rebel (叛逆者) as the male lead since April 16th. His character is called Lin Nansheng. I've read the original novel, which is fantastic. And the cast and crew are both worth looking forward to.

3. A few covers for some main magazines: ELLE, Traveler, T China, China Peoples.

4. He will continue to be the brand spokesperson for Coca-Cola for the second year.

5. The Reboot! OMG, we still don't know when it'll come. People say it's at the last stage of post-productions, and the actors have already finished recording their songs for OST. Besides Youku, iQiyi has also bought it. So hopefully we'll be able to watch it on these two platforms this summer.

6. They have also been making adjustments for the The Rhapsody of a Summer Dream, which was a TV series he shot with Zhang Han in 2016. So there is a chance that we can see his character Ke Ze in the near future!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6576a9c2gy1gem5ojbc7oj20u00zyaf8.jpg

I'm gald to see that he's built up some muscles! Lin Nansheng is gonna be another unique character he'll present to us!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@paopaolong Thanks for the update summary - I haven't been up to date with Zhu Yi Long's news so your post is extremely helpful. I am aware of what dramas he did and currently filming and hope to see one of them soon. I am excited about the latest drama he is filming, like his new look, the casts, and it sounds interesting :) I hope to see The Reboot soon...  

Trailer for his upcoming drama Dear myself. Hopefully it's a good one :) his friend from drama school days is also playing. 

I have to say I dislike the too sweet music of the trailer, hopefully the show itself is better balanced. 

This is his first show we're seeing after he became big and had more freedom to choose projects and teams, fingers crossed our suffering with bad scripts is done! 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, siobhanne said:

@xienrue  But in the sequel Fu Hongxue gets a happy ending with some new girl. That one also doesn't have a decent adaptation, in my opinion. 

What sequel, please? Are talking about one of the novels-if so which, maybe I can find it in Eng.-If a drama or film, could you please tell us title? Thanks

I'm going to share some trivia of Tomb Notes Restart (offical name: Reunion: The Sound of the Providence).

1. About the scar on Wu Xie's neck: in the series, you can find a scar on Wu Xie's neck, which is especially required by Zhu Yilong. Because in the previous novel of "Sand Sea (Sha Hai)", Wu Xie was cut in the throat (as can be seen in the OST), Zhu Yilong thought that adding this scar will help to reflect the character's past. And, he had to get up an hour early every day to put on special effects makeup.
  2. On chasing Nanpai Sanshu for logics: During the filming, Nanpai Sanshu (aka Xu Lei, original author of the Lost Tomb, chief screenwriter) was often chased by Zhu Yilong for the logics of the character. Because the Restart is the very last part of the Lost Tomb series (when Wu Xie was nearly 40), there are more than ten books ahead of it. In order to know the character well, ZYL read all of them. While Zhu Yilong has a high demand for the logics of the characters, Xu Lei said jokingly that he and Zhu Yilong are not compatible in zodiac. "Zhu Yilong is an Aries, who is very realistic about logics; I am a Pisces, I think the unwritten parts in his books are all unimportant small pits. I even forgot about what I wrote several years ago so I can't explain." So at first, Xu Lei always went to the set of filming. Later, he was so afraid of Zhu Yilong, he kept hiding and did the wirting of the script in the hotel. Moreover, Zhu Yilong not only chased Xu Lei, he also chased the director. Every time the director saw Zhu Yilong met up with Pangzi (Chen Minghao) to start rehearsing, the director also ran away.
  3. The first episode of Wu Xie lighting a match: the screenwriter said that scene was designed by Mr. Zhu Yilong, the match burning symbolized for the passing of Wu Xie's life.
  4. The rumored girlfriend: the cast and crew played basketball together several times during the shooting. Once ZYL was photographed by the paparazzi and the rumor came out that there was a "beautiful girl with long hair" playing with Zhu Yilong. The scandal said that "girl " was having an affair with ZYL. Later, the fans discovered the mysterious "girlfriend" to be Liu Chang (male with long hair), who played Liu Sang. Liu Chang said he was particularly embarrassed to see Long Ge the next day. And he said to ZYL: "Ge, here I am. I'm not Liu Sang anymore. I'm your rumored girlfriend. " And Longge replied: just go away please. (LOL)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another trivia:

Spoiler

The Female Human Skin Figurine was played by a real actress. She said: on the day I wrapped up, Longge patted me on the shoulder and said, "You must be tired. For over half a year, I finally know what you look like."

And in the upcoming episodes, she would be carried around on Wu Xie's shoulder. She is very thin and Longge jokingly said that he could carry her to climb up five flights of the stairway in one breath.

Zhu Yilong was reached out by the production company of Restart in early 2018. Then he shot to fame during the summer in 2018, and he could have raised his film pay (most people would do because the standard of the film pay will refelct one's fame and status) but he didn't. He accepted the role with an incredibly low film pay. And he filmed 1400+ scenes for over 6 months. He did nearly all the stunts himself and even got injured on the wrist (you can still spot the scar on his right wrist now!). We don't know how exhausted he was at that time, but just think about it: he rested nearly half a year to recover.

Some said the reason why the post-production of the Restart is so amazing is because ZYL saved a lot of money for the production company. They've got more money to spend on the special effects and so on.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, Leigh Perry said:

What sequel, please? Are talking about one of the novels-if so which, maybe I can find it in Eng.-If a drama or film, could you please tell us title? Thanks

It's the novel. There are english translations. 

https://wuxiasociety.com/translations/ If you search for Gu Long, it's his Xiaoli Feidao series. I think they made also a drama about it but I didn't like it (but I only watched bits and pieces, anyway, once you have ZYL in your mind, it's kind of difficult to accept another actor in the role). 

@paopaolong What has been the reception of book fans on ZYL's performance so far?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@paopaolong What has been the reception of book fans on ZYL's performance so far?

So far I've seen lots of good comments from the book fans, saying "my youth has come back (爷青回)", "they've got that feeling (有内味儿了)"...

From the book fans's point of view, they had been hurt by the TV ans film adaptions before (because of the bad performance, cheap visual effects, and twisted storylines), so many of them were unwilling to watch the new TV series. But Tomb Notes Restart is technically the first "real" Tomb Notes that has been brought to TV by Nanpai Sanshu himself. So the fans of the book are willing to give it another try and support Nanpai Sanshu. 

So on the first day Restart aired, they were quite shocked by the quality and the performance. I've also seen some book fans comments like: "I had the prejudice that ZYL was just another "social media star" and couldn't fit in the character of Wu Xie. I was so wrong!"

In Douban (the Chinese version of IMDB), the ratings reached 8.7 out of 10 last week! And by the time I'm writing, it's 8.3 with over 11.6k votings. The rating has been brought down a bit because the haters of ZYL and DMBJ are giving 1-stars without even watching it. I think anyone who is fair will give a 4 or 5 star (out of 5) on the quality of the series.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, paopaolong said:

So far I've seen lots of good comments from the book fans, saying "my youth has come back (爷青回)", "they've got that feeling (有内味儿了)"...

From the book fans's point of view, they had been hurt by the TV ans film adaptions before (because of the bad performance, cheap visual effects, and twisted storylines), so many of them were unwilling to watch the new TV series. But Tomb Notes Restart is technically the first "real" Tomb Notes that has been brought to TV by Nanpai Sanshu himself. So the fans of the book are willing to give it another try and support Nanpai Sanshu. 

So on the first day Restart aired, they were quite shocked by the quality and the performance. I've also seen some book fans comments like: "I had the prejudice that ZYL was just another "social media star" and couldn't fit in the character of Wu Xie. I was so wrong!"

In Douban (the Chinese version of IMDB), the ratings reached 8.7 out of 10 last week! And by the time I'm writing, it's 8.3 with over 11.6k votings. The rating has been brought down a bit because the haters of ZYL and DMBJ are giving 1-stars without even watching it. I think anyone who is fair will give a 4 or 5 star (out of 5) on the quality of the series.

That's why I tried to install douban and give this drama positive review and 5 stars. I mean this drama deserve it. It's a really great production. One of the best Chinese drama I watch, so far..I was surprised by 1 star rating I saw, eventho I don't know what they comments about (cos I can't read Chinese)