Quantcast
siobhanne

Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

6 hours ago, biskotmeri said:

I visited the story of minglan soompi thread because i wanted to know how people are evaluating zyl's acting, but it seems they're not liking his character much :( I do find it really unfair though how people are comparing his character to the main character, i mean we all know who gets the girl and have a happy ending blah blah in the end i can't believe some people are actually comparing this 2nd lead character and getting annoyed with him because they think the main character is more deserving of the girl and whatnot like of course dude! that's the whole point! Is it because he's standing out so much as the 2nd lead? Is that a problem? Although i haven't seen much of the drama i can't really judge qiheng's character, so.

Sorry for ranting here guys, but i feel sad, some people can be really mean and insensible. Gah, zyl is such a good actor, i really wish he'll work in much better projects these coming years and choose only good scripts. Please can't he just choose less tragic characters after this, or at least ones with a happy ending. I notice he has a knack for these tear jerker characters, ones that have almost unbelievably bad luck, i wonder why.. 

He is still a small role and most people watch a drama mainly because of their actors. We as fans of ZYL love his character much, but the others love their actor's characters. 

I also hope he gets some happy-ending characters, but he is so good in playing tragic/complicated roles so I will be still in love with any of his future characters, even villain ones.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Agreed, introverts do have an advantage of self awareness above average and can have deeper understanding and meaning to events around them. About his eyes, he really can emote so well, he completely can hold his own even in a biased, broken script. No wonder he has become such an eyesore to certain people, coming from nowhere and then winning it, he effortlessly overshadows weaker actors. Then people make mistake and think they can actually level his talent and traffic. One's own shortcomings need to be known else they look like cursing at the sun to be too bright, thinking there is an illusory semblance of competition when they can't really measure.

Tang Wei is such a great actress. In that sense, a good actress who can play equally or better should definitely help him. He is very tightly wound, his thoughts and expressions are too disciplined. If he can let go of his reservations and the actress can help him warm up to character's needs, create a good, fluent chemistry, I am sure he can work well and better, something like with his Ugly performance. Letting himself go and indulging in his character will come with a good team who has his trust. If his path continues as is, I am sure he can stand together with celebrated actors outside the mainland. Youku has begun broadcasting an old series Skynet which a government sponsored media also endorsed, so it would be interesting to see how far his goodwill at the upper echelons takes him.

PS: So the theme for today's episode is how to displace QH with how the other is better. Now his character will become the adversarial stepping on which the happy sailing in the sunset occurs. Okay, that Explains a Lot.:vicx:

I didn't think actors need to have chemistry offscreen to bring chemistry onscreen lol, when he is in filming, he becomes another person. I have no idea from 2017 why he did not have good chemistry with any female roles. Before 2017 the reason was he was always the character who loved first and barely got loved, maybe due to that kind of character. In Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang 2016, his character loved the female lead so much but she was like he was nothing which is quite annoying to me. In Border Town Prodigal, FHX and Cui Nong had some chemistry but not much since she always tried to kill him, FHX and MFL had no chemistry. In granting a dreamlike life, I have not finished this series yet but the chemistry is not much either, what's wrong?

@siobhanne @BreezeC @huongpham82  I know, you guys are right. It's not like they have anything against ZYL and his acting, although i can't be sure since i started reading from the latest post backwards, got upset and then just left lol.. but yeah they were just discussing the character qiheng. Well the good thing is he's being noticed and i do notice he's gaining new fans haha.. I'm pretty sure there's another xiao gong ye scene trending on weibo but since i can't read chinese, i might've misunderstood.

I think in this video below, he was talking something about his transformation into one character? Got a little confused.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yinchanmyae1621 said:

GeGe said in interview , he use the method acting in other drama but he base on emotions and use the suggestion of director in Minglan.He say all of his acting are base on his emotions and he didn't do purpose .he just follow the his heart .That why he so good in minglan.Even if in a drama ,  I can't stand to watch his sadness and I want to cry .I'm feel so pity for  Qi Heng.

Ah..Qi Heng is so well done even if the character is not perfect, he feels very sympathetic, maybe only because ZYL acts it^_^ I remember his previous interview and he said that he acted as the director wanted and didn't take liberty with the character profile but he has very intuitive way of acting, he brings a lot of personal experiences and tics to his character. His previous weibo even had some mention of how his character's interests had become his own interests so he immerses himself deep into that cultivated personality. It is interesting.

8 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

I think in this video below, he was talking something about his transformation into one character? Got a little confused.

This vid is so funny:lol: The character he was talking was is this. It is so out there and different from his own that he had to 'become' Feng Douzi himself to portray it. Because of that even after the shoot ended, he kept that personality for a while before getting out of it. Even interviews one can notice it is not ZYL who is talking but the character. If you followed the National drama awards. you might have seen ZYL with Wang Gang, who played his father, recreating a filial scene.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H9Yvj0yoK?fid=1034:4323774838019494

005FvhFxly1fyrzyppjlog30go0emb2n.gif

I didn't think actors need to have chemistry offscreen to bring chemistry onscreen lol, when he is in filming, he becomes another person. I have no idea from 2017 why he did not have good chemistry with any female roles. Before 2017 the reason was he was always the character who loved first and barely got loved, maybe due to that kind of character. In Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang 2016, his character loved the female lead so much but she was like he was nothing which is quite annoying to me. In Border Town Prodigal, FHX and Cui Nong had some chemistry but not much since she always tried to kill him, FHX and MFL had no chemistry. In granting a dreamlike life, I have not finished this series yet but the chemistry is not much either, what's wrong?

Honestly, I don't watch romance so I can hardly give an input. But I think having good friendship, trust and companionship definitely helps with creating a shared intimate scene. I have watched ZYL's older roles and he didn't hold himself back like he does now, actually he felt very passionate. So I hope the actress and him have good bonding over so it shows, personally I didn't have trouble with his roles. You should definitely watch Phantacity BTS as it shows that he worked for a month to understand the script, the director's vision and create camaraderie with the child actress all the while intensely filming, even when he was sick, for True Friends and participating in variety shows.

ZYL    Cr: on media

6bb09f2dgy1fz8spfhfpvg20hu0owb2d.gif

0072DW1lgy1fz5xteqsgdj30k00d2goh.jpg

0072DW1lgy1fz5xtjptrsj31900u07wh.jpg

Spoiler

b298bc2aly1fz9egvwqcwj20u01hch71.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9egqe84cj20u01hcwxa.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9egs44atj20u01hck5q.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9egr9ttzj20u01hc4e2.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9ewvoc3yj20gw0u00zh.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9eguaumrj20u01hc1cd.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9egtje5dj20u01hckjl.jpg

b298bc2aly1fz9egx766xj20u01hc4qp.jpg

5f034df1ly1fzaxtpeeb9j21400qon5a.jpg

5f034df1ly1fzaxt5388ej21400qo0zt.jpg

5f034df1ly1fzaxt7xmepj21400qotch.jpg

5f034df1ly1fzaxtbfvolj21400qoq97.jpg

5f034df1ly1fzaxtliok5j25o43s3qvd.jpg

(yes..the girl watching him is me)

91ef295bly1fzazfybrphj20qn0xztdo.jpg

91ef295bly1fzazfx9z1qj20qo0y9n2f.jpg

9882ebb5ly1fz9fdw69fvg20ot0fgu13.gif

9882ebb5ly1fz9fdx3ibmg20oe0fc4qs.gif

9882ebb5ly1fz9fdy2an0g20ku0ku7wj.gif

ezgif-1-89d39426a87f.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

He looked so fresh and plump (? for lack of better words haha) in the DEPART photoshoot bts, bless his beautiful soul and his beautiful visual. Tomb notes filming is ongoing and will be for quite some time now,  but afterwards I hope he'll take a long relaxing vacation before diving into a new project, the guy needs a break. Plus I like how he looks when he's travelling.

P/S: @TheRedDragon Is that really you in the picture??

@TheRedDragon: you were so lucky B):rolleyes:

I watched all cutscenes of the drama he mentioned, the opposite of him. But what I feel confused is the way he transformed into the character is method acting? 

@huongpham82 @biskotmeri Haha:D I wish I was that lucky to be so close but unfortunately it is somebody else, not me.:tears: 

I don't know how method he is because I associate it with complete transformation and he has yet to do it. He himself says that he wants to try it sometime and aspires to. Example Daniel Day Lewis is known to go out of public eye for months only to return as a different personality altogether and then goes on vacation to take off the character.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/daniel-day-lewis-method-acting-stories

About Depart, somebody joked how he went all the way to Australia to take a selfie and then post it after six months. Last time at Lenovo presscon he said it took him half an hour to do it.:joy: I do hope he gains some weight now that action sequences in Tomb Notes shooting are over or at least after it as the director has asked him to lose it. He looks really good.

007hvyjcly1fz9corozwoj30q60yl40z.jpg

ea128ab0ly1fymfifdsq6j21900u07to.jpg

2 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

I watched all cutscenes of the drama he mentioned, the opposite of him. But what I feel confused is the way he transformed into the character is method acting? 

In my opinion, method acting is mentioned when performer doesn't 'act' the character but 'become' that one both onscreen and offscreen, totally immerses into character's inner world, breaks his/her own personality to change into character's personality. I think there are few specific roles you can call that method acting, in which the performer must sacrifice a lot of him/herself to truly transform into character, as Adrien Brody for example, who truly lived as a homeless on site and off site while playing in 'The Pianist'. And many actors/actresses was physically and mentally affected after immersing into the depressed/mad/crazy/disabled roles for a long time filming.

About ZYL, there are some roles I think he approached this method to make the character more persuasive and believable like putting stones in his shoes when playing the crippled Fu Hongxue, leaving his hurting eyes untreated to get close to the description of Fu Hongxue in the original novel. But he did not live as Fu Hongxue offscreen, the same to Feng Douzi, he just acted the guy who was the opposite of his personality by watching untrustworthy people around him (then Bai Yu appeared in the vid lol) and even though he was affected by this role, he had no difficulty to get out of it. I think it will be pretentious for us, as ZYL's fans, to call him a method actor, and ZYL himself never says he is. He's just enthusiastic to make all his roles as natural as possible and puts all his heart to do it. That's why I so proud of him, method actor or not.  

I'd add that method actors can also be very annoying for the other members of cast and crew to deal with if they're very inflexible with it, and have a bad reputation because of it. So personally I think it's much better to take elements of it, like keeping a style of talking if you feel that otherwise you can't get into it, but not actually insisting that you are douzi and getting crew members into pyramid schemes or whatnot. Anyway, it's not like we know much about the technical aspects of acting, I think it's for him to experiment and have fun with. Based on his interviews he wants to try different things and evolve. And he wants to have a moment of fully transforming himself into a character without remembering himself (that can mean within the scene, not necessarily that he wants to live on set like that), so I hope he achieves it and enjoys it. 

@siobhanne'getting crew members into pyramid schemes or whatnot'. Hahaha, he must be the most adorable pyramid schemes saler then. 

I said that I was worry about his new character Wu Xie would be criticized by novel readers. But after Qi Heng, I can't wait for his new Wu Xie. No matter how he intends to express this character, it must be a vivid one!!!

7 hours ago, Moony Moony said:

In my opinion, method acting is mentioned when performer doesn't 'act' the character but 'become' that one both onscreen and offscreen, totally immerses into character's inner world, breaks his/her own personality to change into character's personality. I think there are few specific roles you can call that method acting, in which the performer must sacrifice a lot of him/herself to truly transform into character, as Adrien Brody for example, who truly lived as a homeless on site and off site while playing in 'The Pianist'. And many actors/actresses was physically and mentally affected after immersing into the depressed/mad/crazy/disabled roles for a long time filming.

About ZYL, there are some roles I think he approached this method to make the character more persuasive and believable like putting stones in his shoes when playing the crippled Fu Hongxue, leaving his hurting eyes untreated to get close to the description of Fu Hongxue in the original novel. But he did not live as Fu Hongxue offscreen, the same to Feng Douzi, he just acted the guy who was the opposite of his personality by watching untrustworthy people around him (then Bai Yu appeared in the vid lol) and even though he was affected by this role, he had no difficulty to get out of it. I think it will be pretentious for us, as ZYL's fans, to call him a method actor, and ZYL himself never says he is. He's just enthusiastic to make all his roles as natural as possible and puts all his heart to do it. That's why I so proud of him, method actor or not.  

Thanks. I already read some information about filming the Fu Hong Xue charater. He tried to lose weight as well. I don't understand why many people critized this Fu Hong Xue, saying like "he was not acting, just not smiled" and "not know whether he loves Cui nong or MFL". Yes, I also accept this character is very tough to watch, because he supposed to be like that. But I am really impressed by his acting. I used to like Wallace Chung as well and he portrayed Fu Hong Xue but I can not feel the FHX by Wallace Chung. In fact this is not a "real" character, but only a fictional one from novel. The tragic is so unrealistic and he just acted to follow the novel. The plot sucks, the love between him and the two girls are illogical. 

I agree we are proud of him :D. it does not matter what method he does, I was just curious.

@huongpham82. Most of his films had terrible screenplays, lol. It's something special about ZYL that he put the good production crew more important than the good script in choosing a film. I think he can have both now that he is this famous :D

11 hours ago, Moony Moony said:

@huongpham82 Yes, it is. And I'm afraid that his screen time in this series is even less than in Ming Lan:sweatingbullets:

OMG, are you sure? He said 30 years old is just a starting age of his career, he's so inspirational.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, Moony Moony said:

@huongpham82I have read that he just plays a subordinate part in Skynet. Good news is his character isn't a tragic one and still alive in the end, lol. 

In fact he had a few happy-ending characters, such as in As Flowers Fade and Fly Across The Sky (2017), but the make up in that drama is ridiculous :D

• LOL 2

On 9/25/2018 at 5:54 AM, TheRedDragon said:

Thanks for sharing! I guess Mauritius lost.:P Maybe next time as he did say he wanted to visit the country.

Is it this character? Didn't he say his ideal girl was her? Did he also name his ant Lady of Luminosity?

That is so horrible!:angry: To work so hard and live as a different person each day and then his little time to relax he is followed by stalkers and wackos, anybody would start to get paranoid if someone actually put camera in their bedroom. I read they actually put a tracker on his car and then these people misbehave and actually touch him inappropriately. These people need to be jailed and publicly shamed.

Can you tell about this person? What picture?

Thanks @verliebtintraum It is so good they have a weibo for international fans. I hope they can also make instagram, twitter and facebook accounts so more people can connect. They can also put their posts in English or any other language so fans can understand. Is it also true that ZYL has a facebook account? I tried to look but couldn't find.:mellow:

(I tried to read back the old posts)

Is that correct FB is forbidden in China?