Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Hello there!

I'm new member here and would like to thank you all for this thread. I just chanced upon Guardian a couple of weeks back by my hubby. It happened to be supernatural genre  which is one of my favourites. I was really impressed with 2 lead actors from ep 1 but hand to stop around ep 10 plus to really get what the story about by reading translation, now ch 70 plus. I get back to watching it and really appreciate Zhu Yi Long's acting skill in bringing life to Shen Wei as well as Ye zun. Even my hubby who gave up after 3 eps of Guardian (supernatural is not his type) appreciates his performance in Clown. His skill is superb, especially in the deleted scene of Yezun disguised as Shen Wei and killing a student. I felt disgusted at his expression and wanted to strangle/stab him. I'm so glad he is finally getting the attention he deserved now. 

I also watched him saying his choice to act Zhao Yun Lan's role in an interview and I immediately thought of The King's Avatar, a translated novel that I'm reading. I was introduced to animation work of The King's Avatar by my hubby and hooked immediately and started reading the translation. I also noted on youtube that the novel is being adapted into drama with romance between Ye Xiu & Su Mucheng. No idea why director wants to add romance into something that is already a masterpiece without it. To spice up the plot and attract more viewers? Seriously? For someone who treasures the original story, I'd rather see Zhu Yi Long bring Ye Xiu/Ye Qiu alive, like he did for Shen Wei without romance plot and Ye Xiu/Ye Qiu's character is somewhat similar to Zhao Yun Lan. May be he'll get this chance one day :)

Anyway, I heard he is working on The lost tomb Reboot and it happens to be my cup of tea so I'll definitely be watching it once it is done. Thanks again to all contributors here where I get a lot more info of him. I also wish I can see his movies in cinema one day and I'll bring along my hubby to see my actor, Zhu Yi Long. Hope that day comes sooner so that I'll not be seeing Donnie Yen only in the cinema in future :sweat_smile:

Edited by asteriah
  • Like 3

Hi, I didn't step by for a while... sorry life got in the way XD
I want to wish everyone an Happy New Year first of all :heart:
then... I just want to thanks for all the new intel about ZYL especially those regarding his performance on the new year's eve.... I got crazy with that performance.... I love him so much for his voice and skills with the piano... he's really more than just an amazing actor! I'm still listening him singing and playing the song, all day long LOL
I didn't know about his throat condition... and then watching the video where he was there on the piano waiting to start... OMG... so nervous... I can imagine his state of mind and heart... my poor man... he makes me cry...
I LOVE HIM SO SO MUCH!!!!

• Like 2

@Moony Moony It was pre-recorded in the sense that it wasn't a live telecast. He performed on stage and sang there himself in front of the audience, but if something bad had happened, there's a chance to re-record so that cctv can broadcast a flawless programme. But he wasn't lipsyncing. 

@BreezeC https://www.weibo.com/2049922530/Ha4Qgx0TM? this is the music teacher's weibo.

They finally revealed the main cast for Tomb Raiders Restart. Apparently the character Wuxie, who Zhu Yi Long plays is, in terms of popularity, something similar to the Harry Potter of China. People were also anxious to know who his partner actor will be. He posted the reveal pic on his weibo if you're curious to go check.

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 9:30 AM, BreezeC said:

@siobhanne Do you by any chance have her weibo? Hehehe...I promise I'll not stalk her. Just want to read her actual post. Yeah, I saw another clip while he was waiting to go on stage, he was walking back and forth and his fingers keep practicing playing the piano. Even when a man (colleague or worker there) was chatting with him, he started playing on his chest!!! So adorable and so serious! It is these type of action that make him gain more and more admiration from people :)  

That man is actually his makeup artist by the nickname “Pengpeng”. And mysteriously the topic “ZYL playing the piano on his assistant” is trending on Weibo tonight. It is top 1 now. The fans have been nervous about it since nearly every hot search about him seemed to be bad before. This one is neutral at least. 

Anyways, he’s got more fans because of his performance and also Qi Heng. 2019 is gonna be better and better for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, Tizza Abkarim said:

This winter, another large investment drama starring Yang Yang is going to be released, but not on Youku, instead on Tencent. Which is The King's Avatar. It's a big production, with several seasons, totaling up to 80 episodes. I don't know how the drama will go but the novel is very popular in China and internationally. But Yang Yang's ability to act has always been questioned. As a fan of the novel version of The King's Avatar, I have a mixed feeling about this too. 

So my point is, since Yang Yang has migrated to Youku's competitor, Tencent, Youku needs to find another golden goose win back traffic to their platform so they would not lose to Tencent. It seems like their sudden investment Zhu Yi Long is in accordance with this situation. They are counting on Long Ge make a breakthrough for them, and I think this move is very smart because Long Ge has the acting ability, and he is also very handsome (wouldn't lose to Yang Yang or other handsome actors).

I also hope Long Ge would make a breakthrough with the Tomb Notes and become a mainstream actor. 

I see. I love The King's Avatar anime and novel so much so that I used machine translation to read it before I found translation on webnovel site. I'm already very doubtful about creating Ye Xiu/Ye Qiu & Su Mucheng's romance in drama. I know nothing about Yang Yang who is staring Ye Xiu/Ye Qiu character. Hope he didn't destroy it. If he did, I might start giving dislike to all his youtube videos I can find. 

On 11/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, TheRedDragon said:
On 11/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, TheRedDragon said:

@usagi0  @rei079 You are welcome!:) I also hope he can better care for himself and take a good work. 

@surreality51  @Tizza Abkarim   With accident, I meant when he fell with his horse from a high platform and seriously injured his waist. He talked about it and how it was very difficult phase for him health and work wise and it still is an issue. You can always post about Restart here

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/426580-upcoming-mainland-chinese-web-drama-2019-tomb-notes-restart-盗墓笔记重启

About Guardian, I felt that it was a show that in prevailing conditions, would never have gotten approved had they known of its impact. Apart from BL themes that were harshly sterilised, it had a host of topics like rebellion, corrupt officials, an envoy who finds help in an outside ally, supernatural, magic that were already banned. Then it became too popular, influential and dynamic, pulling people in droves. It also started to threaten big productions and I feel had it been left online, a few dramas after it might not have had the impact as they did. Thanks for the info! I don't know much about others, I know YY is a good dancer and his acting suffers. Also that Tencent had a bad attitude towards ZYL because how much profit Youku had made from him. You are right and if Tencent Vs Youku can help establish good, deserving actors and yield better entertainment for the viewers then this competition might be good.

@paopaolong  Thanks as well! I think he talked about his health and depression in an interview and the 35 yrs economic contract was signed in 2014. He was only paid fixed monthly salary and had no income from his works produced by Feiyun. I will have to read more about the company. His management is something he will have to bear until he has better resources but I think his situation is way better now then what it was before, he is low-key and sincere, fans also do regular welfare so I think it should be okay. I thought that popular traffic and platforms were already very apparent. Sina has it's own endorser, Tencent and Baidu have their own. Mango just goes to the star of the hour and Zhejiang is following same route. ZYL is not managed by Youku but he also is the spokesperson for Youku VIP just like any other service. The best resource he found after his popularity was from Youku so they do value him. About certain useless trolls, they have frequently turned ZYL's own strengths against him to sate their sense of failure. I wouldn't worry about gutterbugs too much.

I have to say not offending, I find a few fans of ZYL on weibo passive, whenever he is being attacked and misreported, most of them are content to accept it rather than strongly deny it, creating sense that report is being posited. I understand that ZYL is modest and humble about himself but it is not the place of fans to be humble for him but strongly support him. The fanbase seems  to fear being put in negative light but many fake accounts, blogs and paid writers simply will write what they want to. I have seen many fans leave just because they hurt and are stopped by others from being bolder about cyber violence and personal abuse. 

Although entertainment industry in any country has this messed up situation, I really can't bear to see him suffering like this and turned into a "Cash Cow". Hope he gets a better management which allows him to grow into much more complex roles. I really wish to see him bring different characters to life. Such a dedicated actor comes with handsome face and good attitude as an icing :)

I certainly don't condone cyber bullying behaviour. Can it be reported to police? Doesn't China have law to prevent this? I hope his fans won't be subject to such treatment in long run. I can sympathise them since I also take a liking to ZYL. I'm going to install weibo international version on my phone just to follow him. 

• Like 1

I am really supprised how he just got noticed after 10 years hahaha, he is freaking good and a total package. I liked him much when first watching him as Fu Hong Xue (only by several episodes on television which I accidentally saw). 

Now I am watching guardian, omg he looks so great here as several characters in one. But I hope he will be in more movies than dramas. I feel like that is the way great actors should be, am I right? Anyone knows if he will be in some movie soon?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, huongpham82 said:

I am really supprised how he just got noticed after 10 years hahaha, he is freaking good and a total package. I liked him much when first watching him as Fu Hong Xue (only by several episodes on television which I accidentally saw). 

Now I am watching guardian, omg he looks so great here as several characters in one. But I hope he will be in more movies than dramas. I feel like that is the way great actors should be, am I right? Anyone knows if he will be in some movie soon?

A new drama the story of minglan is playing, He is second male lead in this drama.

He has two more drama come soon in this year.

I also hope he will be in new movies

32 minutes ago, asteriah said:

Although entertainment industry in any country has this messed up situation, I really can't bear to see him suffering like this and turned into a "Cash Cow". Hope he gets a better management which allows him to grow into much more complex roles. I really wish to see him bring different characters to life. Such a dedicated actor comes with handsome face and good attitude as an icing :)

I certainly don't condone cyber bullying behaviour. Can it be reported to police? Doesn't China have law to prevent this? I hope his fans won't be subject to such treatment in long run. I can sympathise them since I also take a liking to ZYL. I'm going to install weibo international version on my phone just to follow him. 

They already reported to police

• Like 1

3 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

his new drama the story of minglan are on air now.They start broadcasting at Christmas  .Now , they are reaching ep 17 . He is second lead role .

On 1/5/2019 at 2:07 AM, huongpham82 said:

I know, right? I really hope his movie comes into oversea cinema. If his first movie happens to ve romance/family/comedy genre, I'd still watch it to show thanks for him not letting Shen Wei character dead. I hope it'd be my type (supernatural/crime investigation/action/science-fic). I'll give it pass only if it is horror/thriller. My delicate heart can't take it. With his skill, it'd stop my heart immediately. LOL 

5 hours ago, asteriah said:

I know, right? I really hope his movie comes into oversea cinema. If his first movie happens to ve romance/family/comedy genre, I'd still watch it to show thanks for him not letting Shen Wei character dead. I hope it'd be my type (supernatural/crime investigation/action/science-fic). I'll give it pass only if it is horror/thriller. My delicate heart can't take it. With his skill, it'd stop my heart immediately. LOL 

Yes I think its really difficult to overcome the figure of Shen Wei, he is so adorable, the gestures, postures, everything are so perfect.

He played in some movies, I watched only one. I have no doubt he will go far.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, asteriah said:

I think work wise he has already signed to a bigger and better management. ZYL will definitely get more opportunities. He has upcoming weibo night to attend on 11th or so, recording for CCTV spring festival which is an honour for celebrities and  Minglan promo. Later China TV good actor awards and some endorsements as well. And work wise, I hope he is currently handling good starring scripts with great teams.

The more I know, the more I think that his growing fandom has matured and desensitised, largely organised. Most bullies have been driven off weibo and the remaining fringe get dealt by his anti-black fan groups. His fans are really a force when they work together. Less the attention on these bad people, less they thrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

Yes I think its really difficult to overcome the figure of Shen Wei, he is so adorable, the gestures, postures, everything are so perfect.

He played in some movies, I watched only one. I have no doubt he will go far.

Yes. I haven't watched his movie yet but I do think so too. Shen Wei character is his breakthrough and brings his fame to soar exponentially. He may be getting similar romance plots with his pretty face. Producers like to join this type of band wagon especially when the money is guaranteed. I'm very glad he did Clown and choose to do current drama of lost tomb though. Hope he'll have similar growth path like Leonardo DiCaprio who started out with Titanic (romance/pretty face) but made very good pieces like blood diamond, Catch me if you can and The Wolf of Wall Street. 

8 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

I think work wise he has already signed to a bigger and better management. ZYL will definitely get more opportunities. He has upcoming weibo night to attend on 11th or so, recording for CCTV spring festival which is an honour for celebrities and for Happy Camp for Minglan promo. Later China TV good actor awards and some endorsements as well. And work wise, I hope he is currently handling good starring scripts with great teams.

The more I know, the more I think that his growing fandom has matured and desensitised, largely organised. Most bullies have been driven off weibo and the remaining fringe get dealt by his anti-black fan groups. His fans are really a force when they work together. Less the attention on these bad people, less they thrive.

I'm glad he's out of management predicament and glad to know many good exposures coming up. It's crucial time for him to strike while the iron is hot and build his stand steadily. Hope his marketing team do a good job at it. 

Earlier, I couldn't help but ask my hubby what these anti-fans criticise about him . He said mostly his personality, like he is fake person. I was like 'Eh', who among us really show our true self to strangers. I certainly don't. Unless they have a piece of his work with subpar quality and affecting character he played or he is morally flawed, they are all just haters. So I agree with you on fan issue wise. Just be there to endorse him is enough for me. Btw, I love his fanbase nickname, Xiaolongbao. I cross border once a month to eat that at the best shop, in my opinion. Love you guys. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, asteriah said:

Yes. I haven't watched his movie yet but I do think so too. Shen Wei character is his breakthrough and brings his fame to soar exponentially. He may be getting similar romance plots with his pretty face. Producers like to join this type of band wagon especially when the money is guaranteed. I'm very glad he did Clown and choose to do current drama of lost tomb though. Hope he'll have similar growth path like Leonardo DiCaprio who started out with Titanic (romance/pretty face) but made very good pieces like blood diamond, Catch me if you can and The Wolf of Wall Street. 

As I watched, he was never bad before, but most of his dramas had a bad plot, kind of destroying an original novel or like that, or boring. Poor him.

Can anyone tell whether his voice in guardian was dubbed or not? Was that his real voice?

18 hours ago, asteriah said:

I'm glad he's out of management predicament and glad to know many good exposures coming up. It's crucial time for him to strike while the iron is hot and build his stand steadily. Hope his marketing team do a good job at it. 

Earlier, I couldn't help but ask my hubby what these anti-fans criticise about him . He said mostly his personality, like he is fake person. I was like 'Eh', who among us really show our true self to strangers. I certainly don't. Unless they have a piece of his work with subpar quality and affecting character he played or he is morally flawed, they are all just haters. So I agree with you on fan issue wise. Just be there to endorse him is enough for me. Btw, I love his fanbase nickname, Xiaolongbao. I cross border once a month to eat that at the best shop, in my opinion. Love you guys. 

Yes nobody shows his true self, even to normal friends or neighbors, so its an unreasonable expectation. But haters always hates for any reason, please ignore them hahaha. I like him because of his acting, when I did not know anything about him, except he is a criminal, its ok for me. 

However I also heard that he was somewhat more active before he was critized for his Fu Hong Xue, is that true? He became more quiet because of that, or is it a rumor? 

2 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

Can anyone tell whether his voice in guardian was dubbed or not? Was that his real voice?

Yes, it is his real voice in guardian which I think make it so much better. :) I just love hearing him talk...