Quantcast
siobhanne

Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

@yhl0802 Thank you so much for this translation:lol: Must be a lot of hardwork, really appreciate it. His voice in this interview is so resonant and soothing, very calming.:wub:  

Even if Qi Heng has only small part in the drama, I am looking forward to watching him. About the comedy, I also want to see him do comic roles as he is so good at them. Like He Happy, it was a surprise after watching Shen Wei, how much energy and effort must have gone as a natural introvert. Stephen Chow is a very well-known and reputed name and it would be great if he can work with serious artists. Jiang Wen is also his idol. I hope he already knows a bit about ZYL through Wei Xiao and his team taking an interest in Phantacity. Restart is a great opportunity to show his skills so really wishing him the best on that project as well.

He is really handsome so I don't know why he always is so unsure about it but then most beautiful people are hardly aware of their own beauty. He also plays piano in True friend, I really want to see him play live, the benefit was so small-_- Can you also tell if he is going to be present at youku activities or is there a schedule at Nov 10? Also, is he going to be nominated for any awards for Guardian as it was taken off shelf?

28 minutes ago, TheRedDragon said:

@yhl0802 Thank you so much for this translation:lol: Must be a lot of hardwork, really appreciate it. His voice in this interview is so resonant and soothing, very calming.:wub:  

Even if Qi Heng has only small part in the drama, I am looking forward to watching him. About the comedy, I also want to see him do comic roles as he is so good at them. Like He Happy, it was a surprise after watching Shen Wei, how much energy and effort must have gone as a natural introvert. Stephen Chow is a very well-known and reputed name and it would be great if he can work with serious artists. Jiang Wen is also his idol. I hope he already knows a bit about ZYL through Wei Xiao and his team taking an interest in Phantacity. Restart is a great opportunity to show his skills so really wishing him the best on that project as well.

He is really handsome so I don't know why he always is so unsure about it but then most beautiful people are hardly aware of their own beauty. He also plays piano in True friend, I really want to see him play live, the benefit was so small-_- Can you also tell if he is going to be present at youku activities or is there a schedule at Nov 10? Also, is he going to be nominated for any awards for Guardian as it was taken off shelf?

We don't really know whether he will be part of Youku activities, there is nothing settled yet I think. As for nominated for an award, I am not aware of it either.  It would be great if he is recognized by the filming community. 

For his role in The story of Minglan, I am doing some analysis on the original novel but too bad you guys cannot read Chinese otherwise you can get a lot of information 

• Thanks 2

On 10/28/2018 at 7:28 PM, TheRedDragon said:

Yeah, surely gaining weight is important because it is going to be a long, action intensive shoot with pressure of undressing in cold winters as well. With chronic pain in his waist, it is going to be challenging. I don't really care for rumours as I am too old to fall for such campaigns but even if as a stranger, for someone I admire, being healthy and successful is what I would want him to be. He did advise warm water to women with cramps:sweatingbullets:

I really like to see fellow fans. It is like pride, happiness and communal interests. I am not too used to fangirling but I like to see other people enjoy something I like as well. That is why I like when new people post on this thread and discuss what they like because we are all different but because of our common interest we understand each other better.

Yes. He looks much better with extra weight and healthier. When I saw his sunken cheeks, I always felt like he should eat more. I also not used in fangirling, but I like him enough that I want to participate in this thread and discuss about the common interest about him.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:53 PM, TheRedDragon said:

ZYL does painful scenes very well. It is hard to see him just as an actor, it is like his characters come alive. With all the tragedy his characters go through it is hard not to be swept in it. He did say he is very happy in real life so that is good:lol: Fu Hong Xue was his biggest challenge yet and very handsome as well. I also agree with time, he did a lot of unrecognised characters but his diversity in roles did make him have a solid background. Now that he can take challenging characters and work with talented people, this experience can only help him. His company may be shifty but with his popularity he has more say in his own affairs and role choice, so that is a relief.

Indeed. His tragic characters were so heartbreaking, although it were the same tragic characters, his approach on each characters were different. He was plagued with bad scripts but he delivered the best performance on each characters. That makes watching him enjoyable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does everyone has information about his company?  I  checks wiki, it seems like he is a freelance artist now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, usagi0 said:

Does everyone has information about his company?  I  checks wiki, it seems like he is a freelance artist now.

His company is called Dongfang Feiyun 东方飞云. It’s a very traditional company with only 4 artists. The many TV series and films that ZYL was in were all made by DFFY, including Border Town Prodigal, The Shaw Eleven Lang, As Flowers Fade and Fly Across the Sky, etc. Back in June this year, after ZYL became popular because of the Guardian, DFFY posted a Weibo, saying all the staff of ZYL studio are fired by the company, and the company should be contacted for all matters related to ZYL. It was then people noticed that ZYL had signed up a 35-year contract with the company. But ZYL made a quick response on Weibo rooting for his studio staff. We don’t know how they solved the problem, but as a result, no one left. The contract problem is still a wonder. We have to wait and see. As for now, he does have more freedom as it seems, at least DFFY has not stand out to intervene anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@paopaolong  thank you so much.  Wow, 35 years contract, that is a super super long contract.  I am glad that he has more freedom now.  I notice he has his own studio, but even that is mysterious as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paopaolong said:

His company is called Dongfang Feiyun 东方飞云. It’s a very traditional company with only 4 artists. The many TV series and films that ZYL was in were all made by DFFY, including Border Town Prodigal, The Shaw Eleven Lang, As Flowers Fade and Fly Across the Sky, etc. Back in June this year, after ZYL became popular because of the Guardian, DFFY posted a Weibo, saying all the staff of ZYL studio are fired by the company, and the company should be contacted for all matters related to ZYL. It was then people noticed that ZYL had signed up a 35-year contract with the company. But ZYL made a quick response on Weibo rooting for his studio staff. We don’t know how they solved the problem, but as a result, no one left. The contract problem is still a wonder. We have to wait and see. As for now, he does have more freedom as it seems, at least DFFY has not stand out to intervene anything.

Thanks. Was ZYL attached to this company before or after his graduation as many companies scout them even before entrance? From what I know they had more artists but they left, some really talented actors. They also said that they will take over ZYL's exclusive management which is terribly opportunistic. Fans also contributed a crowd funding so that ZYL could terminate the bond which the Studio returned. The company also hasn't gone through audit for a long time. It is powerful but has never really invested in proper resources, only making filler shows. I don't know who is sent the scripts though Feiyun or Li Wei. I think Feiyun did give him resources and chances but the way they behaved in June was downright wicked, ZYL didn't even know until later that his team was dismissed.

35 years economic contract is so ridiculous that it should be termed as slave contract and is something easily won if ZYL went ahead with taking the legal route, but due to ZYL's health after his accident, it would have seemed to him as a safe route. Considering ZYL worth now, Feiyun is eating very well, even if ZYL negotiated the terms, just how much could he ask for? Restart is very important to ZYL also because if the project is successful he would have more independence as his work contract expires in 2020. It would also give him leverage to either make his Studio his sole work agent or move to bigger management.

Right now he has become a key investment of Youku, really Alibaba Entertainment. All his dramas, big and small have been contracted by them, his huge fanbase has become their paying audience. Next summer, Restart will become their new hype and creative resource. ZYL must be under immense pressure to perform both professionally and economically. Whatever it is, ZYL is in prime position to decide for himself and reach his goals and Feiyun will agree to him as long as he associates with them and industry provides them resources, Youku will be his benefactor as long as they have certainty of success of their investment. And ZYL can establish himself well to draw prime resources without doubt so that post 2020, he has freedom of choice and future. He has a movie to shoot after Restart as well so he is overall fortunate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TheRedDragon Thank you for the information. I hope that he can get the freedom to choose the future projects and get good scripts. But I do hope that he didn't push himself and takes better care of his health.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

35 years economic contract is so ridiculous that it should be termed as slave contract and is something easily won if ZYL went ahead with taking the legal route, but due to ZYL's health after his accident, it would have seemed to him as a safe route. Considering ZYL worth now, Feiyun is eating very well, even if ZYL negotiated the terms, just how much could he ask for? Restart is very important to ZYL also because if the project is successful he would have more independence as his work contract expires in 2020. It would also give him leverage to either make his Studio his sole work agent or move to bigger management.

What accident, if I may ask? I'm just curious, feel free to ignore my question if it's too nosy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, surreality51 said:

What accident, if I may ask? I'm just curious, feel free to ignore my question if it's too nosy.

@TheRedDragonYes, what accident? I'd like to know too. Is it related to the waist and back pain you're talking about before? Not that I want to be nosy but I am always concerned of his progress and would like to be informed of Zhu Yi Long's health condition. ^_^

• Like 1

@TheRedDragonalso, thank you about the information relating to his company and career. I did some digging (unfortunately not in the mountains with Wu Xie :tears:) and found out a few interesting facts.

It seems like, Guardian, if not taken down mere days after it finished airing, would have repeated Youku's success with Love O2O webdrama back in 2016. Back then the drama has a total of 24 billion views overall. Guardian has generated more than 3 billion views in less than 2 months. 

Also interesting to note, main character for Love O2O is Yang Yang. This summer, Yang Yang also has a 40 episode drama released. The drama, Martial Universe, did not do as well as Guardian. But since Yang Yang has a large fan base (thanks to Love O2O) it seemed like the very expensive drama did not flop. The second season of Martial universe is going to be released soon too, and Yang Yang's popularity is going up. 

This winter, another large investment drama starring Yang Yang is going to be released, but not on Youku, instead on Tencent. Which is The King's Avatar. It's a big production, with several seasons, totaling up to 80 episodes. I don't know how the drama will go but the novel is very popular in China and internationally. But Yang Yang's ability to act has always been questioned. As a fan of the novel version of The King's Avatar, I have a mixed feeling about this too. 

So my point is, since Yang Yang has migrated to Youku's competitor, Tencent, Youku needs to find another golden goose win back traffic to their platform so they would not lose to Tencent. It seems like their sudden investment Zhu Yi Long is in accordance with this situation. They are counting on Long Ge make a breakthrough for them, and I think this move is very smart because Long Ge has the acting ability, and he is also very handsome (wouldn't lose to Yang Yang or other handsome actors).

I also hope Long Ge would make a breakthrough with the Tomb Notes and become a mainstream actor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TheRedDragon thx for the additional info. Although I would like to elaborate on a few things. First, I don’t think his contract with DFFY has anything to do with his health. When he first joined the company, he signed a 5-year contract before his graduation, and renewed a 35-year one in 2014. That is only the economic contract, and there might be something to help him made the decision to renew a much longer one since his first contract expired. The work contract is 5 years which terminates in 2020. 

And the the fans did not participate in crowd funding to terminate his bond with DFFY. That crowd funding was designed by his fanclub to only support his events such as the Happy Camp. They got 500k RMB in a short time, which could lead to a lot of financial problems. I was worried when I heard about the crowd funding. But luckily ZYL ‘s studio made a quick response and returned all the money the next day. I think it’s wise to do that. ZYL would not want the fans to spend money to buy gifts for the crew or staff. 

As as for his relationship with Youku, we cannot say for sure that Youku (Alibaba entertainment) is investing in or supporting him. I probably shouldn’t mention it, but the haters are saying ZYL is the “crowned prince” of Youku/Sina/Alibaba. “He’s only that famous because those companies are spending money to push him.” You know, Youku is not an artist management company. Right now, they have a good relationship because Youku has benefited a lot from the Guardian. It’s safe to say that they saw ZYL’s value and are willing to collaborate with him. 

He did say he wanted to do a film after Restart, but nothing is official yet. The filming of Restart will last 6 months, so he has plenty of time to decide what to do next. His future will be bright, but we shouldn’t be over-optimistic since his company and studio are still hidden troubles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@usagi0  @rei079 You are welcome!:) I also hope he can better care for himself and take a good work. 

@surreality51  @Tizza Abkarim   With accident, I meant when he fell with his horse from a high platform and seriously injured his waist. He talked about it and how it was very difficult phase for him health and work wise and it still is an issue. You can always post about Restart here

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/426580-upcoming-mainland-chinese-web-drama-2019-tomb-notes-restart-盗墓笔记重启

About Guardian, I felt that it was a show that in prevailing conditions, would never have gotten approved had they known of its impact. Apart from BL themes that were harshly sterilised, it had a host of topics like rebellion, corrupt officials, an envoy who finds help in an outside ally, supernatural, magic that were already banned. Then it became too popular, influential and dynamic, pulling people in droves. It also started to threaten big productions and I feel had it been left online, a few dramas after it might not have had the impact as they did. Thanks for the info! I don't know much about others, I know YY is a good dancer and his acting suffers. Also that Tencent had a bad attitude towards ZYL because how much profit Youku had made from him. You are right and if Tencent Vs Youku can help establish good, deserving actors and yield better entertainment for the viewers then this competition might be good.

@paopaolong  Thanks as well! I think he talked about his health and depression in an interview and the 35 yrs economic contract was signed in 2014. He was only paid fixed monthly salary and had no income from his works produced by Feiyun. I will have to read more about the company. His management is something he will have to bear until he has better resources but I think his situation is way better now then what it was before, he is low-key and sincere, fans also do regular welfare so I think it should be okay. I thought that popular traffic and platforms were already very apparent. Sina has it's own endorser, Tencent and Baidu have their own. Mango just goes to the star of the hour and Zhejiang is following same route. ZYL is not managed by Youku but he also is the spokesperson for Youku VIP just like any other service. The best resource he found after his popularity was from Youku so they do value him. About certain useless trolls, they have frequently turned ZYL's own strengths against him to sate their sense of failure. I wouldn't worry about gutterbugs too much.

I have to say not offending, I find a few fans of ZYL on weibo passive, whenever he is being attacked and misreported, most of them are content to accept it rather than strongly deny it, creating sense that report is being posited. I understand that ZYL is modest and humble about himself but it is not the place of fans to be humble for him but strongly support him. The fanbase seems  to fear being put in negative light but many fake accounts, blogs and paid writers simply will write what they want to. I have seen many fans leave just because they hurt and are stopped by others from being bolder about cyber violence and personal abuse. 

• Like 1

@BreezeC  that is the best CF up to date.  I like to see him in video more than photos, he’s totally a different a person once the cemrea roll.

• Like 2

@BreezeC Hey i like crazy fangirling too can i join? hihi~ that ad is lethal tho i swear my heart just burst right out of my ribcage hahaha.. I feel like his ads have been calm talking and then i saw this and i was like oohh the lil rabbit can pull off heart throbbing sexy too. huh

• Like 2

@usagi0 Yes, I agree... there is a very hot/mature and sexy vide to this one lol I always love seeing people in action rather than pictures, too because there is soooo much more in motion than capturing only that one instant, especially since photo can be manipulated. Happily, ZYL is great in both :wub:

@biskotmeri Hahahahaha!!! Definitely, we are all mostly crazy fan girls here after seeing that lol I just single out Katthy specifically because we both love him with long hair...hehehe...

• Like 1

yesssahhhh Ladies I've been quiet for awhile, but I've read all you wrote and make treasure of all the info thanks everyone! ^^
Welcome to all the new fans btw! :)

19 hours ago, BreezeC said:

OMG!!! My blood pressure just sky rocketed!  

@katthy Want to hold hand and scream like crazy fan girls?!!! LOL 

Now.... NOW.... my dear SURE that I'll hold your hand to fangirling like crazy  together, @biskotmeri OF COURSE that you're welcomed to join us, the more the better!!!! yeahhhhh 1518253953.gif1518254684.gif

you know Ladies... it's since this advertise came out that I went out of my mind... 1518250841.gif

I really can't bear his sexyness, those gazes... and LONG HAIR (HOW MUCH I miss them) OMG!!!  my heart is really having hard time lately....1518253604.gif1518253604.gif1518253604.gif

DrAEmKVUUAYha3v.jpg

my new pc background, just saying....:love:

more pics.... just to the pleasure to fangirling more.... :P

DrAEmJ4VsAAB07-.jpg

tumblr_phlstaaTqe1v2haoy_1280.jpg

88eb08c1gy1fwsk385jb4j218g0tm0x1.jpg

88eb08c1gy1fwsk36rj91j218g0tmtg7.jpg

tumblr_phlst96wNi1v2haoy_1280.jpg

source: @施华蔻官方微博

• Like 3