Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

I’m afraid something ‘s wrong with my VPN so this  post got popped up twice. So I am editing it to say something else.

I bought the little green dragon that he showed in his 7 million fans live. It’s very cute and I put it in bed to sleep with me every night. This toy is selling very quickly as I know of. Lol. I should say everything that he wears or uses is selling really well online, not only for the brands that have signed him as ambassador.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@paopaolong Where did you brought the dragon? I want one too!!! lol 

I remember waiting 家宴 Family Feast, that was such a joy to watch because as much as I enjoyed his character, I want to punch his face every time DouDou opened his mouth. Such a fun character, if it is anyone else I may hate this character but ZYL's portrayed it so fun/adorable that although I want to spank him (seriously, he needs it) I have so much fun watching him :P

@node Love it!!! Very poetic and touching! My Chinese is not that good so I can't understand the in-depth meaning behind all the lyrics but I can briefly understand the few words and the purpose behind this song! I agree, I am impressed too... I am always impressed whenever I see some very poetic and meaningful words and descriptions for our ZYL from his fans whether it is MVs, songs, poems, posters, or animated characters. So creative and so touching! :D

11 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Where did you brought the dragon? I want one too!!! lol

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a230r.1.999.122.4904523cXmm6cd&id=553826126826&ns=1&skuId=3570119395966

I bought it here :D got the link from ZhuYiLong'd fans on twitter.. 

Sorry for me to answer your question. :) hopefully you don't mind.

Edited by esaa20shirouu
  • Like 3

does anyone else find other fans super cute? I think it's so cute when people are so happy to see him (or other celebs). It always makes me smile. (of course not the creepy stalkers). 

@TheRedDragon I think he's now fatter and cuter in the face, but he could still stand to gain some weight everywhere else. I also hope he will be healthy or that people won't harass him and take pictures and spread lies, I guess that was what upset you. 

Although he can keep drinking cold water, there's no biological reason why it would be bad for you. I guess culturally such a belief developed because historically water safety was much worse and it was much safer to drink boiled water. In Europe the same issue was solved by drinking weak beer and wine. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

He did advise warm water to women with cramps:sweatingbullets:

If jokingly making a list why he does not have a girl friend, this will be one of the reasons because the right answer is hot water, not warm water :-)  In China, as a qualified boyfriend, this is the basic knowledge. 

Regarding drinking cold/warm(or hot) water, I think it is also related with diet. My understanding is that beef is main food intake in western countries. Beef generates heat for bodies. Therefore, it is fine to drink cold water or drinking cold water can balance the extra heat out to make people feel more comfortable. However, traditionally, beef is not the main food intake for majority Chinese people. Warm/hot water is more suitable /better according to the diet. Those are related with traditional Chinese medicine which might be hard for people from other countries to understand and believe. 

• Like 1

Yeah, all the heat and energy flow stuff has nothing to do with biology and science, but you're right in your prognosis that our understanding of how the human body functions is so fundamentally different that there can be little hope of trying to find common ground, so best to agree to disagree from the start :) I did know it has to do with beliefs about Chinese traditional medicine, I was just speculating about why such ideas cropped up and persisted and could have even been empirically useful. If it's any comfort, I'm equally rudely dismissive about my own culture's traditional medicine, I'm not trying to purposefully annoy. Also, I think you'll find many people in Europe or US would believe and do believe in traditional medicine, full skeptics/science based medicine fans like me are probably more rare. 

It always amazes me how good Chinese boyfriends seem to be about periods. Major envy. Guys here tend to pretend they don't exist or are at most a mild inconvenience to them (as opposed to the women) or use them to mock. Personally I prefer taking a muscle relaxant or pain killer to hot water, but some pampering can't hurt. Probably. So even Chinese warm water rejects like Longge would be an upgrade here ;)

• Like 1

OMG!!! I just finished this self-made drama lol and it is amazingly good... Honestly, I felt it is better than the original drama...If you want to see ZYL romance ZYL lol (Fu Hong Xue and Hua Wu Xie pairing) You have to check this out! Several times I felt tearing up and other I am laughing like a lunatic...It really amaze me that the creator can use the clip and created a completely whole different drama and it actually make sense and intrigue me. Unfortunately, there is no subtitle but those that can read chinese please check it out. It is a whole hour long! Very impressive!

• Like 4

After 3 months of the Guardian‘s finale, I finally watched it again, and cried hard again. And I made this little video myself, like the lyric describe, when Shen Wei and Yunlan were dying, all those good memories were just their illusion.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@node it's a very nice soothing song, and not particularly sad fmv, fortunately. I love it. I can't handle too much sadness or trauma since I used to have teenage depression in my early years. Even now I avoided being too invested in any drama or movies, even Guardian. I only watched Guardian for Shen Wei and Zhao Yun Lan after finding the novel. Then I fall for Mr. Zhu's charm. Such an adorable man who is very determined to become a great actor :wub:.

Anyway, could anyone tell me what's happening now? Long Ge's weibo followers increased by a few hundred thousand in the last few days. It couldn't have been because of the Refa and L'Oréal event? 

• Like 1

@TheRedDragon oh don't worry about me. I've watched all 40 eps of Guardian though with detachment. I prefer the novel version after all.

But Shen Wei's tragic death still made my blood run cold and hairs standing on end. The goosebumps and heart-wrenching feeling won't quit for days. Long Ge's acting is really that powerful. Which convince me that I should stay away from Fu Hong Xue, who, just by looking at a few clips of him is enough to tell me he's my kindred spirit :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:. But Long Ge as Fu Hong Xue is really beautiful... :wub: 

Actually I am quite glad that Long Ge gets to grow as an actor in relative peace. Seeing the chaos he has to live with now, it is a good thing he does not go through the idol route early on. It gives him a lot of chances to try different roles and not have to face harsh criticism or haters. After 10 years in the industry, he is a seasoned actor and his stardom comes just as he is ready for more responsibilities. It's awesome. I only worry that his company would force him into something he does not want to do, like doing variety shows. Luckily that does not happen. 

So the Tomb Notes fans has started to notice him and followed him? They are quite proactive. I thought it would only happen after the drama start to air next year. But then maybe they are taken by his charm already XD. Also, Guardian is still not available in China? Since it's back on YouTube I thought... That's too bad for his new fans. 

• Like 2

I have a question for all fans who are in or from China. Do you know is there a legit version of the "Guardian" novel in taobao? Is it an online novel only or is it published as a book? I am planning to buy stuff from taobao all in one go (shipping fees to the US is going to be expensive :( ) and I want to get a published version of the novel but not sure if they are the official version or just copies..Anyone know?

BTW, another cute BTS (They should keep it coming lol):

1:40 is soooooooooo adorable!!! 

• Like 2

Title: Today’s interview : Zhu Yilong
(In this interview, all questions are written on the screen)
Q: The Upcoming “Yang and his summer” is a comedy movie, do you like comedy movies?
A:(0:04)Yes I do, I like comedy movies.
Q: Who is your favorite comedy actors and which comedy movie you liked the most?
A:(0:06)Ge You and Stephen Chow are my favorite comedy actors in China, I love all their movies. 
Q: What is your favorite comedy movie outside of China?
A:(0:14)Internationally, I like the “Truman’s world”, it is my favorite comedy movie. The reason I like comedy movies is that while it is funny and makes you smile, it also allows you to self-reflect. Comedy movies usually portray some nonentities, but they let you think profoundly. 
Q: In this movie (Yang and his summer), you played a photographer, do you like photography? Are you good at taking selfies?
A:(0:38) I am pretty good at taking photos, I like taking photos but I am not good at taking selfies.
Q: Are there any of your fans complaining about your selfies?
A: (0:43)Yes they do, they always complaining about  I am always wearing a hat or a mask while taking selfies, or covering my face... that’s because I am not good at it….
Q: This photographer (the movie character) is a scheming, and a cynical person, a weirdo, does this resemble yourself? What is your character like?
A:(0:52)Nope, my own character … actually, I have no character (smiling)at all. I am not really that kind of person who takes things to the extreme,  I feel I become more not that an extremist while growing up.
Q: In this movie, your character fulfilled his father’s dream of becoming a car racing champion, in your life, have you ever done anything that moves your parents? 
A:(01:13): In my family, we all like friends, I don’t really know if they are touched… I am pretty close with my parents, I do some little things for them sometimes such as making a cake or something like that.
Q: Famous comedy movie actors such as Chen Peisi and Pan Changjiang are guest actors of this movie, do you feel nervous when working with them? Are there any interesting stories you can share?
A:(01:29) I am not really nervous per say but I am kind of worried my performance isn’t good enough because I didn’t have much experience in comedy. Actually, comedy movies have higher requirements on actors, your language rhythm and your body rhythm…  if you missed a tiny bit, the difference on screen effect could be huge.  Chen Peisi and Pan Changjiang are veteran comedy actors, they are very good at what they are doing, so I have to prepare myself better, do more homework before shooting. As for funny things on set, there was one scene that I liked the most and I was very satisfied. I have a scene with Chen Peisi, there was only one line on the script, but Chen Peisi was acting nonstop, and the director didn’t say cut so I kept playing with Chen Peisi for a very long time. There was just one line on the script and all I need to do is to say the line and then get out, and we are done. Chen Peisi is really good at improvised acting, and the director didn’t say cut so I improvised with Chen Peisi on that scene for a very long time and that was very satisfying.
Q: In the spy movie “Eternal Wave”, you played an intelligence agent who is also a gifted pianist, do you play piano or other musical instruments?
Q:(2:41) Yes I do, I played Piano since I was a child because my mum forced me to do so... right now I like the guitar better.
Q: The character in  “Eternal Wave”, what touches you the most?
A: (02:55)This character lost connection with his team in the anti-japanese war (World war II), after that, he got a coverup job in a restaurant , he use the pianist to cover his identity and waited for his team there, and eventually he was able to get in touch with the role play by Aaron Kwok and reunited with his team.
Q: Your next project is “The Story of Minglan”, you are going to play Qi Heng, a gentleman with jade-like warmness and smoothness, how did you prepare for this role?
A:(03:22)In my opinion this role is pretty difficult to play because he is known as a very handsome man, in the novel and script, everybody thinks he is very handsome, in fact, Qi Heng didn’t show up that much in the navel and script, but all the girls in the Sheng family loved him, everybody says he is so handsome all the time, so it is very difficult for me to play because how would you portray “handsomeness” ? But … you know I feel I am an average guy, my mom says I am an “average good looking guy”, compared with ordinary people I might be OK but Qi Heng is the most handsome guy in the capital city, so I think I am not really up to that standard yet. 
Q: For all the roles you have played, which one you liked the most and which one made a deep impression on you?
A:(04:08)I like them all because I devoted my efforts to all of them. As for the one that made the deepest impression on me, that would be Fu Hongxue, when I was reading the novel “Edge City Wanderer”, I had many thoughts on this character and I devoted a lot when I was shooting for this role. This character has a pretty tragic background so I resonated with him and empathize with him a lot.
Q: Are there any veteran actors you particularly like? Who is wanted to work with the most?
A:(04:38) I want to with all of them, Stephen Chow and Jiang Wen in particular. I like actors who don’t really look like actors but are able to deliver great performance once they are on the stage.
Q: Beside being a good actor, which career would you like to try?
A:(04:53)I had thought about it… If I am not an actor, what else can I do? Now looks like there isn’t much I can do… Because I have been an actor for a very long time, so I can only be an actor.
Q: How would you relax after work?
A:(05:04) I will probably lay down at home  for a whole day, watching movies, playing piano etc., if I go out I would just travel, I seldom go shopping 

• Thanks 7