Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is the translation for this video                   October 1st, 2018 QQ Music PhantaCity ZYL post-credits      Question

Do you guys know you got a new nickname "海鲜包“?In China, people give different nicknames to fans of celebrities  and fan's nickname usually has something to do with their idol's name or character, and

The reason why fans gave him a new nickname "Zhu Yiyu 朱一鱼( fish)" was not because people think he has 7 seconds of memory (there was a saying in China that a fish only has 7 seconds of memory) . There

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

I'm going to be a bit annoying again and say that his alcohol intolerance has nothing to do with him being a sensitive person, it's a medical condition.

It's only my opinion, but you are absolutely not annoying in your wish to make all the little pieces of information clear. And you are completely right about the difference between allergy and intolerance. I can tell a little bit more about this enzyme and the problem related to it. The thing is that human beings have 2 different isoforms of ALDH (aldehyde dehydrogenase) in the liver which are located in different cell compartments: cytosol and mitochondria respectively. And for the alcohol metabolism to work normally we need both of them normally active. Unfortunately, around 50% of East Asians have only the active cytosol form, and the mitochondrial one is catalytically inactive due to the gene mutation (wrong amino acid residues in the catalytic site of the enzyme). And well, mitochondrial enzyme usually works the most. The final activity range depends on if the person is homo/heterozygous in ALDH genes, as the final active enzyme consists of 4 monomeric protein molecules. If the person has only 2, it will work, but very slowly and not efficiently.

It's absolutely not surprising that a lot of people and even ZYL himself call the effects of acetaldehyde metabolism disfunction "allergy", because well... it really looks like that. For example, one of the symptoms among the deep facial flushing is urticaria: the condition when the skin is becoming red and itchy, and is covered by small rash bumps. And urticaria is a very common allergic reaction of insects bites, UV light, medical treatment etc. Same goes with respiratory problems (bronchoconstriction like in allergic asthma). So the symptoms are almost identical due to the release of histamine like in the case of allergy, but the mechanism of this reaction is different from the immune system hyperactivity when histamine is released due to the T-cells or Ig allergen-induced reactions. 

I'm very sorry for talking too much about medicine etc, the thing is that I have a degree in biochemistry, so this is more or less what I was doing at work for many years). 

Anyway, this story is just... awful. I feel so sorry for him that he had such a bad experience and probably even not once :tears: Health of the actors should be of the top priority! Especially when a lot of people are informed about this problem that ZYL has. And the reaction of the producer is absolutely terrible :tears:

Edited by verliebtintraum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@katthy The song is called 小半(Xiao Ban), and singer is 陈粒(Chen Li). And yep, it’s the same song Yilong sang at Mango Youth Night. 

Btw, under that Weibo his manager posted, Li Chan replied to a fan that he’s gonna cut his hair and have some medical treatment to remove the pimple on his face soon. So I think we’ll see his new haircut probably on 26th’s Louis Vuitton event. The treatment may take a while to heal, so that may happen in October. Besides, some official account on Wechat also announced that ZYL would fly to Australia for a traveling promotion. He’s got a lot to do before the new drama starts shooting.

• Like 3

I’m happy for him that he’s back home in Beijing, with his family, his dogs, that huge mooncake (LOL), and of course hotpot!

Since he’s been away for so long, I wonder whether his dogs will recognize him. I remember he said in an interview that he’s got two toy poodles: Cola and Oscar. At first he named one by a character in a game (I just looked it up, it’s “Teemo” from League of Legends), but his mother could not remember the name, so she changed the dog’s name to Cola. I think it’s very cute for him to name his pets after characters in games. Remember “the lady of Luminosity “? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@verliebtintraum @siobhanne  Thank you for the information. I had never expected to learn medical knowledge in a thread on an actor. :D  

@paopaolong: I just realized how he came up the name for the ant. That's cute. By the way, on a Children's Day in the past (I don't remember which year), Zhu Yilong wished himself a happy Children's Day and attached a cartoon-ish picture on weibo. I don't know why that picture makes me feel sad and I have been wondering where it is from. Are you aware of that picture? Do you have any information on it (from a cartoon or something else)? I came across it a month ago in a fan-made video which summarizes the highlights of his weibo account but I don't remember where I saw that video. 

• Like 2
On 9/19/2018 at 3:11 AM, TheRedDragon said:
  • Youku Full Interview 13Ques  

I think Zhu Yilong's answers provide much richer information. For Q4: Is the unlimited love from your fans a pressure? He says: Yes I think it is a pressure. However, I’d like to transform pressure to motivation. It gives me courage to explore further and confidence to handle tougher challenges.  I won’t select a role that is safe or similar to what I played in the past.

• Like 3

For Q10 about people's attention on his personal life, he says: 

I think it is better to focus on actors’ work and let actors have their personal lives. I understand it is hard to be like that in reality. Therefore, it seems there is no solution. However, once an actor could not experience the life as normal people, it is hard for him to portray a convincing character and come up with good works. If the public’s attention always focuses on your personal life, you will be scared to show up in daily life. You will gradually isolate yourself and live in a secluded world. I don’t want to be like that.  I hope my job and my personal life can be separated.

Note: I struggled for a while how to translate 害怕 and finally select the word scare among the three options: be afraid of/ be scared/be frightened.  I once read somewhere about what Zhu Yilong experienced in a hotel which was shared by a friend of a hotel staff member. The staff member told her that before Zhu Yilong became popular, he used to go swimming in the hotel swimming pool and do exercise in the hotel gym if he stayed in the hotel.  After he got popular and was stalked several times, he started locking himself in the room as soon as he was back to the hotel. In the midnight of one day, he had to call hotel staff to check his room whether there was a needle hidden camera (He seems to be the type of person who is hesitated to bother others).  The hotel had tried best to protect him, such as to make sure all the rooms on the same floor where he stayed were fully occupied by foreigners. The girl shared the information to remind people of respecting his privacy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

@qjys How sad : ( What is wrong with people : ( 
And we know this because he can't even know that his interactions with the hotel are private. 

btw, I think you mean the picture with the girl with a lot of mouths who is cutting a smile for herself. It's by a Japanese illustrator called Tama. He posted that one in 2011. 

• Like 1

Poor Zhu-laoshi. But unfortunately it happens more or less to all the celebrities, can't be avoided.

To talk about a little bit happier topic: there is now an overseas branch of ZYL official fan club on weibo (and I am absolutely IN LOVE with their logo!). I contacted them, and they told me about planning to organise for us fans outside China the greeting letters collection, so it can be transferred to Zhu-laoshi :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@verliebtintraum But I still think there's a big difference in the degrees when it's organized invasion of privacy versus spontaneous or opportunistic breaches. That's why normal people should really convey their displeasure or at least not support such fans who stalk celebrities, who want to control who the celebrities date and who create an atmosphere where dating is a 'scandal'. We should try not to view and absolutely not buy materials that are gotten illegally /invasively; nor discuss private matters like dating unless the person themselves has opened up about it and then to congratulate. People's behavior depends a lot on how they perceive the group behavior to be. Of course in a country as large as china they can form subgroups where such ill-minded people gather together and think they're okay, but at least the larger portion of normal fans can convey that it's not acceptable behavior in society. And of course the large inequalities in china make it possible for there to be a lot of people looking out for easy ways to make money, such as invasive videos or pictures or stories about celebrities, which is why it's good the hotels are trying to help protect them. Really it's just not acceptable that people buy his itinerary and follow him on vacations / work trips / to his workplace / to his home/hotel etc, and this must be expressed so young people don't get lured in to think it's okay, because it's just something that happens to celebrities. This type of behavior is really different to just seeing him on the street and saying you like his work.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

@verliebtintraum But I still think there's a big difference in the degrees when it's organized invasion of privacy versus spontaneous or opportunistic breaches. 

You are absolutely right. Some people just don't know where the boundary is. When I learned about these stalkers of ZYL I was naturally terrified, how sick and crazy people can possibly be :tears: I also think that it's definitely NOT okay, but unfortunately it happens to the celebrities all across the world, not only in China, because it's very hard to control. This is what I wanted to say when writing that it happens quite often, probably I wasn't completely clear that I'm not supporting this kind of behaviour no matter which excuses any people can invent. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Remember “the lady of Luminosity “? 

Thanks for sharing! I guess Mauritius lost.:P Maybe next time as he did say he wanted to visit the country.

Lux_0.jpg

Is it this character? Didn't he say his ideal girl was her? Did he also name his ant Lady of Luminosity?

5 hours ago, qjys said:

After he got popular and was stalked several times, he started locking himself in the room as soon as he was back to the hotel. In the midnight of one day, he had to call hotel staff to check his room whether there was a needle hidden camera (He seems to be the type of person who is hesitated to bother others).  The hotel had tried best to protect him, such as to make sure all the rooms on the same floor where he stayed were fully occupied by foreigners. The girl shared the information to remind people of respecting his privacy.

That is so horrible!:angry: To work so hard and live as a different person each day and then his little time to relax he is followed by stalkers and wackos, anybody would start to get paranoid if someone actually put camera in their bedroom. I read they actually put a tracker on his car and then these people misbehave and actually touch him inappropriately. These people need to be jailed and publicly shamed.

5 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@qjys How sad : ( What is wrong with people : ( 
And we know this because he can't even know that his interactions with the hotel are private. 

btw, I think you mean the picture with the girl with a lot of mouths who is cutting a smile for herself. It's by a Japanese illustrator called Tama. He posted that one in 2011. 

Can you tell about this person? What picture?

1 hour ago, verliebtintraum said:

Poor Zhu-laoshi. But unfortunately it happens more or less to all the celebrities, can't be avoided.

To talk about a little bit happier topic: there is now an overseas branch of ZYL official fan club on weibo (and I am absolutely IN LOVE with their logo!). I contacted them, and they told me about planning to organise for us fans outside China the greeting letters collection, so it can be transferred to Zhu-laoshi :wub:

Thanks @verliebtintraum It is so good they have a weibo for international fans. I hope they can also make instagram, twitter and facebook accounts so more people can connect. They can also put their posts in English or any other language so fans can understand. Is it also true that ZYL has a facebook account? I tried to look but couldn't find.:mellow:

• Like 3

@siobhanne  Yes, that's the picture. Thank you! No wonder I felt sad. The girl is cutting a smile! I did not realize it when I saw it in the video. I thought it was a toothbrush. It seems that he had some really bad times in the past (not necessarily financial wise). No wonder he said in an interview that he was not afraid as he had been through bad times and he knew how it was like. The worst case scenario was to start from the beginning. 

I agree with you that right message should be conveyed, not only for young people but also for the environment of entertainment industry. From Zhu Yilong's answer, I can feel his passion on acting. Generally celebrities get annoyed because their personal lives are invaded. But he talked of the negative impact on acting performance. 

I've created the sad vibe so I will share two video links to lighten it up (hopefully most people in this thread haven't watched them). 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av26321743

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25912747

One of the video has conversation in the beginning. The girl asked to take a close look at his long eyelash and he showed it to her. 

The comments on the screen might be a distraction. There is a blue button with a Chinese character 弹below the screen.  Click the blue area and the button will change to grey. The comments will disappear on the screen. Enjoy!

• Like 5

@qjys That is so...I don't know what to say. I really like ZYL. And I have read about him going through a lot of ordeals. But this really hurts. I really wish that he finds his smile back again, find good people to work with and good projects that actually honour his work. It is ten years too late but rest assured, he will find great support in his fans and collaborators who respect his worth. The best thing is his good friends are also rising with him so he won't be alone in dealing with troubles that he faces now and later.

@Evil Blea Hi! Hopefully someone can help you. But you can check this until then. @Tomb notes restart

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

Thanks @verliebtintraum It is so good they have a weibo for international fans. I hope they can also make instagram, twitter and facebook accounts so more people can connect. They can also put their posts in English or any other language so fans can understand. Is it also true that ZYL has a facebook account? I tried to look but couldn't find.

Hmm, I don't know about the Facebook account, I didn't try to find ZYL there, but I found some fan community pages. 

Probably it would be a good idea to kindly ask the international branch to post in English at least the most important info (as Google translate is very far from perfect). But I think if they will post anything about letters they will post the English translation as well  :D I can write them a message a little bit later, just don't want to disturb them too often. They are very nice and reply quickly!

45 minutes ago, qjys said:

Here is the link of the picture: 

http://tamaxxx.egoism.jp/illust_a/girl/traumatic_event

( Google is the best search engine, far better than any others. I can  find it only through Google.)

It looks so sad... I really, really hope that ZYL will never ever feel like that. He deserves the best in this life.

1 hour ago, qjys said:

One of the video has conversation in the beginning. The girl asked to take a close look at his long eyelash and he showed it to her. 

Thanks for the videos! Cute! I like ZYL smile sooo much, it's so gentle and a little bit timid :wub: Hope he will smile more and more every day!

• Thanks 1

@朱一龙

After more than four months, my true friend of the TV series ended in Rome. Well renowned designer--record

005XuxSMly1fvm0aosa3aj32bc334e83.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm0aiku8aj33342bc4qr.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm0abzh1pj32bc334x6r.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm0b80xfkj33342bcb2b.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm0awoiskj33342bcx6s.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm0b2jjnoj33342bc7wj.jpg

ZYL has become spokesperson for Schwarzkopf

005XuxSMly1fvm3dap7idj30f00qogo9.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm3dmcjszj315t22bx1x.jpg

005XuxSMly1fvm0t6dg1uj30ez0qmdic.jpg   

Weiquan Yogurt

http://www.miaopai.com/show/PlJqkqfeib8aqryHoeWbzQT7Q5mbBv29MfrSSQ__.htm