Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Trailer for his upcoming drama Dear myself. Hopefully it's a good one :) his friend from drama school days is also playing. 

I have to say I dislike the too sweet music of the trailer, hopefully the show itself is better balanced. 

This is his first show we're seeing after he became big and had more freedom to choose projects and teams, fingers crossed our suffering with bad scripts is done! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, siobhanne said:

@xienrue  But in the sequel Fu Hongxue gets a happy ending with some new girl. That one also doesn't have a decent adaptation, in my opinion. 

What sequel, please? Are talking about one of the novels-if so which, maybe I can find it in Eng.-If a drama or film, could you please tell us title? Thanks

I'm going to share some trivia of Tomb Notes Restart (offical name: Reunion: The Sound of the Providence).

1. About the scar on Wu Xie's neck: in the series, you can find a scar on Wu Xie's neck, which is especially required by Zhu Yilong. Because in the previous novel of "Sand Sea (Sha Hai)", Wu Xie was cut in the throat (as can be seen in the OST), Zhu Yilong thought that adding this scar will help to reflect the character's past. And, he had to get up an hour early every day to put on special effects makeup.
  2. On chasing Nanpai Sanshu for logics: During the filming, Nanpai Sanshu (aka Xu Lei, original author of the Lost Tomb, chief screenwriter) was often chased by Zhu Yilong for the logics of the character. Because the Restart is the very last part of the Lost Tomb series (when Wu Xie was nearly 40), there are more than ten books ahead of it. In order to know the character well, ZYL read all of them. While Zhu Yilong has a high demand for the logics of the characters, Xu Lei said jokingly that he and Zhu Yilong are not compatible in zodiac. "Zhu Yilong is an Aries, who is very realistic about logics; I am a Pisces, I think the unwritten parts in his books are all unimportant small pits. I even forgot about what I wrote several years ago so I can't explain." So at first, Xu Lei always went to the set of filming. Later, he was so afraid of Zhu Yilong, he kept hiding and did the wirting of the script in the hotel. Moreover, Zhu Yilong not only chased Xu Lei, he also chased the director. Every time the director saw Zhu Yilong met up with Pangzi (Chen Minghao) to start rehearsing, the director also ran away.
  3. The first episode of Wu Xie lighting a match: the screenwriter said that scene was designed by Mr. Zhu Yilong, the match burning symbolized for the passing of Wu Xie's life.
  4. The rumored girlfriend: the cast and crew played basketball together several times during the shooting. Once ZYL was photographed by the paparazzi and the rumor came out that there was a "beautiful girl with long hair" playing with Zhu Yilong. The scandal said that "girl " was having an affair with ZYL. Later, the fans discovered the mysterious "girlfriend" to be Liu Chang (male with long hair), who played Liu Sang. Liu Chang said he was particularly embarrassed to see Long Ge the next day. And he said to ZYL: "Ge, here I am. I'm not Liu Sang anymore. I'm your rumored girlfriend. " And Longge replied: just go away please. (LOL)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Another trivia:

Spoiler

The Female Human Skin Figurine was played by a real actress. She said: on the day I wrapped up, Longge patted me on the shoulder and said, "You must be tired. For over half a year, I finally know what you look like."

And in the upcoming episodes, she would be carried around on Wu Xie's shoulder. She is very thin and Longge jokingly said that he could carry her to climb up five flights of the stairway in one breath.

Zhu Yilong was reached out by the production company of Restart in early 2018. Then he shot to fame during the summer in 2018, and he could have raised his film pay (most people would do because the standard of the film pay will refelct one's fame and status) but he didn't. He accepted the role with an incredibly low film pay. And he filmed 1400+ scenes for over 6 months. He did nearly all the stunts himself and even got injured on the wrist (you can still spot the scar on his right wrist now!). We don't know how exhausted he was at that time, but just think about it: he rested nearly half a year to recover.

Some said the reason why the post-production of the Restart is so amazing is because ZYL saved a lot of money for the production company. They've got more money to spend on the special effects and so on.

• Like 5

On 7/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, Leigh Perry said:

What sequel, please? Are talking about one of the novels-if so which, maybe I can find it in Eng.-If a drama or film, could you please tell us title? Thanks

It's the novel. There are english translations. 

https://wuxiasociety.com/translations/ If you search for Gu Long, it's his Xiaoli Feidao series. I think they made also a drama about it but I didn't like it (but I only watched bits and pieces, anyway, once you have ZYL in your mind, it's kind of difficult to accept another actor in the role). 

@paopaolong What has been the reception of book fans on ZYL's performance so far?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@paopaolong What has been the reception of book fans on ZYL's performance so far?

So far I've seen lots of good comments from the book fans, saying "my youth has come back (爷青回)", "they've got that feeling (有内味儿了)"...

From the book fans's point of view, they had been hurt by the TV ans film adaptions before (because of the bad performance, cheap visual effects, and twisted storylines), so many of them were unwilling to watch the new TV series. But Tomb Notes Restart is technically the first "real" Tomb Notes that has been brought to TV by Nanpai Sanshu himself. So the fans of the book are willing to give it another try and support Nanpai Sanshu. 

So on the first day Restart aired, they were quite shocked by the quality and the performance. I've also seen some book fans comments like: "I had the prejudice that ZYL was just another "social media star" and couldn't fit in the character of Wu Xie. I was so wrong!"

In Douban (the Chinese version of IMDB), the ratings reached 8.7 out of 10 last week! And by the time I'm writing, it's 8.3 with over 11.6k votings. The rating has been brought down a bit because the haters of ZYL and DMBJ are giving 1-stars without even watching it. I think anyone who is fair will give a 4 or 5 star (out of 5) on the quality of the series.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, paopaolong said:

So far I've seen lots of good comments from the book fans, saying "my youth has come back (爷青回)", "they've got that feeling (有内味儿了)"...

From the book fans's point of view, they had been hurt by the TV ans film adaptions before (because of the bad performance, cheap visual effects, and twisted storylines), so many of them were unwilling to watch the new TV series. But Tomb Notes Restart is technically the first "real" Tomb Notes that has been brought to TV by Nanpai Sanshu himself. So the fans of the book are willing to give it another try and support Nanpai Sanshu. 

So on the first day Restart aired, they were quite shocked by the quality and the performance. I've also seen some book fans comments like: "I had the prejudice that ZYL was just another "social media star" and couldn't fit in the character of Wu Xie. I was so wrong!"

In Douban (the Chinese version of IMDB), the ratings reached 8.7 out of 10 last week! And by the time I'm writing, it's 8.3 with over 11.6k votings. The rating has been brought down a bit because the haters of ZYL and DMBJ are giving 1-stars without even watching it. I think anyone who is fair will give a 4 or 5 star (out of 5) on the quality of the series.

That's why I tried to install douban and give this drama positive review and 5 stars. I mean this drama deserve it. It's a really great production. One of the best Chinese drama I watch, so far..I was surprised by 1 star rating I saw, eventho I don't know what they comments about (cos I can't read Chinese)

29 minutes ago, rini rahmasari said:

That's why I tried to install douban and give this drama positive review and 5 stars. I mean this drama deserve it. It's a really great production. One of the best Chinese drama I watch, so far..I was surprised by 1 star rating I saw, eventho I don't know what they comments about (cos I can't read Chinese)

The 1-star comments were all like "I haven't watch it, but I know it's bad", "they are playing around in the tomb, they don't even respect the died" "ZYL is too old and ugly for the role", "the fans are giving 5 stars, so I must give 1 star." etc. Which, you see, are just rediculously mean.

Here's a tip if you wanna use Douban:

Try not to rate Reunion first when you get a new account on Douban. Rate other films fairly for a few days to make the account "ripe". Sometimes a new account's comment cannot be shown to others unless it is a "ripe" account.

To make sure your short comment is visible and your rating counts, you can log out to see whether your short comment is there on the first page of "new comments". Once your account is ripe, you can go rate Reunion and help raise the points.

I could help you translate if you want to comment in Chinese.

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, paopaolong said:

The 1-star comments were all like "I haven't watch it, but I know it's bad", "they are playing around in the tomb, they don't even respect the died" "ZYL is too old and ugly for the role", "the fans are giving 5 stars, so I must give 1 star." etc. Which, you see, are just rediculously mean.

Here's a tip if you wanna use Douban:

Try not to rate Reunion first when you get a new account on Douban. Rate other films fairly for a few days to make the account "ripe". Sometimes a new account's comment cannot be shown to others unless it is a "ripe" account.

To make sure your short comment is visible and your rating counts, you can log out to see whether your short comment is there on the first page of "new cooments". Once your account is ripe, you can go rate Reunion and help raise the points.

I could help you translate if you want to comment it Chinese.

thanks for the tips! I wasn't patient, so I comment on reboot, after I put comments to other dramas, in my 1st day install this app. In English. Does English count?..

I do hv some question bout the app, coz Idk where to click lol. Or translating comments too...

Can I just ask you in this forum or chat you maybe? 

2 minutes ago, rini rahmasari said:

thanks for the tips! I wasn't patient, so I comment on reboot, after I put comments to other dramas, in my 1st day install this app. In English. Does English count?..

I do hv some question bout the app, coz Idk where to click lol. Or translating comments too...

Can I just ask you in this forum or chat you maybe? 

Both are ok. Or, if you have a weibo account, it would be better. My respond maybe slow as I don't check the notifications in this forum too often. 

3 minutes ago, paopaolong said:

Both are ok. Or, if you have a weibo account, it would be better. My respond maybe slow as I don't check the notifications in this forum too often. 

Yes I have weibo. My username is rheingala..I want to send picture to ask, but I have no idea how to send it here...

On 7/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, siobhanne said:

It's the novel. There are english translations. 

https://wuxiasociety.com/translations/ If you search for Gu Long, it's his Xiaoli Feidao series. I think they made also a drama about it but I didn't like it (but I only watched bits and pieces, anyway, once you have ZYL in your mind, it's kind of difficult to accept another actor in the role). 

Sorry, Can you tell me the novel title? All I know about the books are the author's name and that he wrote series. Thanks for the link! I appreciate it!

Never mind, I found it, did a google search. The site you gave me doesn't seen to have translation of Tianya Mingyue Dao, so I will have to keep looking.

Edited by Leigh Perry
Addition

7 hours ago, Leigh Perry said:

Sorry, Can you tell me the novel title? All I know about the books are the author's name and that he wrote series. Thanks for the link! I appreciate it!

Never mind, I found it, did a google search. The site you gave me doesn't seen to have translation of Tianya Mingyue Dao, so I will have to keep looking.

Here you go. Sorry, I was too lazy to double check if they had linked everything. I just found it by googling the title and spcnet if you want to find other wuxia novels in the future. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the Reboot hotpot livestream yesterday: 

1. ZYL said some important scenes were cut, which impacted the fluency of the series. 

(From what I’ve learned: the scenes where Wu Xie chased Jin Wantang aka “Tangtang” with his knife in ep 2, where Wu Xie saved Liu Sang from the human figurines in ep 10, where Wu Xie helped Jin Jiuye against the rebellious soldiers in ep 15-16, etc. And in the upcoming episodes about 11th Warehouse, some important scenes were also cut out)

2. The Rebel he’s filming now has the same amount of his scenes as the Reboot (over 1000). 

3. Nanpsi Sanshu said when ZYL was filming the Reboot, he got so thin and everyone was worried about him. And ZYL said, “it doesn’t matter, I can endure.”

4. Chen Minghao (Fatty) drove 19 hours from Beijing to Hengdian just to have hotpot with ZYL. He even invited him to act on stage in the future. (Chen Minghao is a stage director and actor.)

• Like 6

ZYL will perform on Youth Mango Night this Sunday (August 9th) at 19:30, live on Mango TV!

I’m really looking forward to the show! It’s been the 3rd year in a row he’s attended. I heard that he’s gonna perform two songs, one from the Reboot ost and one cover. I just miss his stage performance so much. And we’re going so see him singing with that short hairstyle, I believe it’s gonna be amazing!

Besides, there will be a conference meeting of the main cast for Reunion: The sound of the Providence on Aug. 17th. I’m also looking forward to that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, paopaolong said:

ZYL will perform on Youth Mango Night this Sunday (August 9th) at 19:30, live on Mango TV!

I’m really looking forward to the show! It’s been the 3rd year in a row he’s attended. I heard that he’s gonna perform two songs, one from the Reboot ost and one cover. I just miss his stage performance so much. And we’re going so see him singing with that short hairstyle, I believe it’s gonna be amazing!

Besides, there will be a conference meeting of the main cast for Reunion: The sound of the Providence on Aug. 17th. I’m also looking forward to that.

oh.....looking forward too

I hope the Live Streaming in Iqiyi can for non VIP cos my VIP expired on 14th Aug

Oh boy! I just saw ZYL's performance on Youth Mango Night and he was amazing! I love how he sang the first song, "Suddenly I really miss you" and then at the end that sunshine gesture...awwww... that was simple but soooooooooo sweet and came as a surprise to me.... his expression was kind of shy as well as that last sign of breathe - He is probably thinking I completed the performance...I can breath and relax now - it shows me that he was nervous and being nervous means that he truly value the chance to performance to his fans :)

• Like 3