Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

OMG! I am just watching episode 4 of My true friend and gosh, I think I just saw Shen Wei lol I mean I see a shadow of him in Jing Ran I think it was the grey coat and that he is angry (made me think of the time he is angry at Zhao Yun Lan) but this is more like he is just richard simmons and angry, not really caring like in Guardian. 

Congratulation to Zhu Yi Long for being nominated for Best supporting male actor in the Magnolia Awards! I am not familiar with this award but I think it is one of the more prestige awards and it is a pretty well received recognition to be nominated for it.  

After watching 20 episodes of My True Friend, I would say Zhu Yilong never fails to bring me surprises. Jing Ran is a very mature and charming character (and extremely SEXY after he fell in love with Cheng Zhenzhen). I had thought Jing Ran was probably very sensitive and vulnerable just by the looks before I watch the series. But he turned out to be a proud, determined and strong male character. And I just get jealous of Cheng Zhenzhen because he brings that “Roman Holiday”romantic feeling with the character. 

But sadly, as the second male lead, Jing Ran’s romance will have a tragic ending. Sigh

• Like 4

Hi, I'm new here. To be honest, I accidentally came across this thread while searching for rumors about Zhu Yi Long, not that I hate him or anything. It's just that I'm curious about how things are between him and his crews, company,... especially after reading some rumors saying that his crews have negative attitudes towards Bai Yu, and the Guardian (Zhen Hun) crew, and want to basically wipe out the connections between them and Zhu Yi Long (since the drama is not mainstream, can badly affect Zhu's career,... or whatever reasons there are); and that's not all, some people even suggest that Zhu Yi Long himself used Bai Yu (become close friend with him, actively create hints through physical interactions in public, etc) to become more popular, talked about, and then "abandon" Bai Yu once he is famous. I believe the 2nd one is complete richard simmons, obviously :joy: , but the 1st one actually has some evidence, and because I truly care about them for having given me such a wonderful, unforgettable summer, I want to know the truth. Plus, it would be good to know if you're supporting a good actor, as well as a kind person, or not. I will be very thankful if you are willing to share your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. Thanks a lot in advance. Have a good day everyone! =)ksWpzyS.jpg?1

On 6/2/2019 at 3:57 AM, ZhuBai123 said:

Hi, I'm new here. To be honest, I accidentally came across this thread while searching for rumors about Zhu Yi Long, not that I hate him or anything. It's just that I'm curious about how things are between him and his crews, company,... especially after reading some rumors saying that his crews have negative attitudes towards Bai Yu, and the Guardian (Zhen Hun) crew, and want to basically wipe out the connections between them and Zhu Yi Long (since the drama is not mainstream, can badly affect Zhu's career,... or whatever reasons there are); and that's not all, some people even suggest that Zhu Yi Long himself used Bai Yu (become close friend with him, actively create hints through physical interactions in public, etc) to become more popular, talked about, and then "abandon" Bai Yu once he is famous. I believe the 2nd one is complete richard simmons, obviously :joy: , but the 1st one actually has some evidence, and because I truly care about them for having given me such a wonderful, unforgettable summer, I want to know the truth. Plus, it would be good to know if you're supporting a good actor, as well as a kind person, or not. I will be very thankful if you are willing to share your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. Thanks a lot in advance. Have a good day everyone! =)ksWpzyS.jpg?1

Hey there. To be honest, I don't have an answer for your questions and I am not sure even if there is an answer, how reliable it will be as we are not within the inner circles. We are talking about the entertainment business where truth can be lies and lies can be truth...rumor can be make up or reality can be fake. With that, I just want to say that I understand if you are a loyal fan and you don't want anything to tarnish your views/perception of Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu. They are both great actors and their personalities as we perceived are wonderful people. I can't voice my opinion on their crews or their relationship as those are pretty much business side of their profession and we can't really judge an artist based on their company because at the end of the day, the artists are really their 'product' they have to maintain, market, and basically 'sell'. However, based on my opinion both Zhu Yi Long and Bai Yu are mature enough and have a solid understanding and perspective of their professions and are serious about acting as their careers that they are not puppets to their company. However, I do expect compromise to happen. For example, the fact that this drama is based on BL novel and we all know how touchy China is about BL, it is pretty much understandable for both actors to keep their distances, not only because of the topic but I believe both actors don't want to sell themselves as a 'CP'. Plus there are some fan wars going on and then there are the anti-fans who are causing trouble...so overall, i think it is a better idea for them to keep their distance (even though as fans, we want to see more of them together) We have to respect that they are independent actors who will move on to better opportunities. Overall, we had our fun and it was a very memorable summer for a majority for us to be introduced to these two great actors and we hope in private they are still pretty good friends but we shouldn't dwell too much on negative rumors. Based on my perspective, they are both good and talented actors who are kind to people around them. That's my two cents...

• Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, ZhuBai123 said:

Hi, I'm new here. To be honest, I accidentally came across this thread while searching for rumors about Zhu Yi Long, not that I hate him or anything. It's just that I'm curious about how things are between him and his crews, company,... especially after reading some rumors...

Hi.

I'm new to this thread and BreezeC said it all. but i'd like to add from experience in fan groups, only my humble opinions.

About the relationship between the actors, i've seen group chats where they analyze every interaction, rumor and even provide evidence to prove or falsify tension between long running kpop group members, actor couples, etc. takes time, effort and nerves of steel with no solid results in the end, because truth is, us fans are way too distant to know. I don't think we will ever know for sure, what two actors truly feel about e/o, even if they talk about it themselves. so, dwelling upon it will only tire us and leave us with lots of unanswered negative questions. The closest we can get is our own intuition based on their interactions, which i never found fake.

I also believe, actors, singers, basically artists' personal lives and their relationships only belong to themselves. much like a teacher or a chef or a writer's. you might say people want to know who they're idolizing. i say idolizing them is wrong and it's not the artist's fault.

About the co. and crew, although the claims don't make sense, it's business. i think fans have every right to be worried because you're a fan of someone's art and a problematic agency can harm that art. I hope you find an answer soon.

The second part, you said it yourself. and it sounds to me a lot like conclusions desperate shippers come upon in order to avoid the reality. maybe it's easier for them to believe a ship actually existed and sank rather than accepting that it never existed in the first place.

Best of luck. I'm sorry for taking your time with a long essay:sweatingbullets:

On 6/4/2019 at 5:03 AM, BreezeC said:

...Plus there are some fan wars going on and then there are the anti-fans who are causing trouble...so overall, i think it is a better idea for them to keep their distance (even though as fans, we want to see more of them together) ...

True. i've also heard (only heard) in China there are antis who are actually paid to sabotage famous people and a group as such actually attacked ZYL once. They also had evidence which turned out to be manipulated and the whole thing backfired.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ZYL never avoids to mention Guardian. It's just one of his more than fifty past works, nothing special.

People live in the moment, not the past. There are already FOUR new dramas of ZYL coming out after Guardian. Why would someone expect an actor to keep talking about his old work one year ago?

As far as I know, ZYL's studio consists of only three or four people, and they're not that experienced and professional. There are insults and rumors over ZYL during the past year all around the internet, but his crew can do little about it. On the contrary, Bai's agency, Easy Entertainment, is one of the largest talent agencies in China, and is known for its PR. CEO of Easy Entertainment once said that they own hundreds of influential celebrity gossip social media accounts. So I'm curious where the ridiculous rumors like "Bai is used by ZYL" come from?

Edited by kamyzhu
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts on this topic. To be honest, now that I have a clearer view of everything, I realized how unnecessarily sensitive I was towards the rumors. I now believe that we as their supporter should just appreciate their hard work and respect their privacy. Also, I think my problem came from the fact that I forgot how fans' and actors' perspective are so different. Thanks again for having cleared up my mind on this. I sincerely appreciate the time you spent replying to me, I'm glad to have found such a warm, welcoming community. Love you guys! :D 

• Like 2

Since My True Friend finished airing last week, it’s safe to make a conclusion now. Although I did not quite like the plots of the series, Jing Ran is another character of Zhu Yilong that I really like.

And I agree with kamyzhu. It’s been just one short year and we got to see 4 new dramas and many more events (shows like Phantacity) , tv commercials, interviews, etc. of him, all of them have brought surprises and happiness to me. And that’s also why he drew my attention in the first place: a truly talented and pure actor. He never indulges himself in his past works. The Guardian is just one of his works and he moves on. No “using someone or abandoning someone” involved. It’s just that simple.

I have never stopped believing in him. The nomination for Magnolia Awards was a recognition (even though he did not win the prize). There’s a long and promising path ahead of him. I believe ZYL  will continue to shine.

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2019 at 12:27 AM, paopaolong said:

I’ve read somewhere that My True Friend will be airing on June 12. I’m so excited that Jing Ran is finally coming!

I must be sadly behind, but, what is My True Friend? Is it a drama or film?

On 7/26/2019 at 7:24 AM, Leigh Perry said:

I know about the Tomb Raiders Reboot (title?) and now My True Friend. Someone mentioned 4 dramas this year? Could you please tell me what the other two are? Thanks!

Hi, i hope you dont mind i reply this. Its “Granting you a dreamlike life” and “Skynet Action”. Dreamlike is available on Viki. The other one I am not sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, Moony Moony said:

Hi, it's been so long to hear from you guys. There's rumor that The Tomb Note Return will be airing in this August. Can't wait for his Wu Xie. 

Here's a beautiful video clip from Orange_JULoooong's weibo

https://m.weibo.cn/6600691271/4403147793973909

It would be great if they couldpost this on youtube. Then I could tag it. Thank you for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long time no see everyone!

Yilong has made so many accomplishments in this short time: he has become the spokesman for Coca-cola, the ambassador for Tom Ford Perfume, and world ambassador for WWF. Besides, the film he played an important part in, My People, My Country has been released on September 30th and has earned over 1.4 billion RMB by now, a real blockbuster!

And I’ve heard Tomb Notes Restart is scheduled to air in Q4, I’m really looking forward to his Wu Xie.

• Like 1