Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

21 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

In fact he had a few happy-ending characters, such as in As Flowers Fade and Fly Across The Sky (2017), but the make up in that drama is ridiculous :D

hahaha...yeah, so true about the make-up paired with the lighting of that drama...I suggest to adjust your video setting lol 

Oh boy, I don't even know what prompt me to click into a 13 mins video in bilibili to see ZYL spill blood 42 times in various drama :joy: But really, he had been spilling blood in soooo many time in his drama that I almost expect him to spill blood in Minglan as well...yeah, it is very sad but oh my...he looks very hot doing it though...:wub:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, BreezeC said:

hahaha...yeah, so true about the make-up paired with the lighting of that drama...I suggest to adjust your video setting lol 

Oh boy, I don't even know what prompt me to click into a 13 mins video in bilibili to see ZYL spill blood 42 times in various drama :joy: But really, he had been spilling blood in soooo many time in his drama that I almost expect him to spill blood in Minglan as well...yeah, it is very sad but oh my...he looks very hot doing it though...:wub:

The blood in most of his dramas (maybe C dramas in general?) look quite fake hahahh, that's why I feel not much about it except the emotion which an actor creates.

Anyone watched his whole The Shaw Eleven Lang  series? I found his Lian Chengbi is a good role, someone who has complex soul. I am watching till ep 40, in fact mostly skip to his scenes lol. It seems he acts well regardless of bad script/production. The story sucks as well.

And also I found the story of Border Town Prodigal (Yi Long) and The magic blade (Wallace Chung) is different despite being originated from the same novel, which is closer to the novel? 

• Like 1

@huongpham82 Yes, the 'blood' are props from the production crew which does look pretty fake and there was a joke that it all taste different from different production. But it is really ZYL's expression and the way he acted out the process that makes it looks so good and believable. 

I watched the whole Shaw Eleven Lang series but skipped some of the other characters plot because some of the plot/story is ridiculous but Lian Cheng Bi is a very interesting character to portray and ZYL did a great job in making him evil but yet tragic. 

I never read the novel of Border Town Prodigal but from what I heard bit and pieces here and there that both drama make a bunch of changes to the original novel especially the love line but I think the background is probably the same. I checked out like 10 mins of Wallace Chung's drama and even the actor can't save that story lol 

4 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@huongpham82 Yes, the 'blood' are props from the production crew which does look pretty fake and there was a joke that it all taste different from different production. But it is really ZYL's expression and the way he acted out the process that makes it looks so good and believable. 

I watched the whole Shaw Eleven Lang series but skipped some of the other characters plot because some of the plot/story is ridiculous but Lian Cheng Bi is a very interesting character to portray and ZYL did a great job in making him evil but yet tragic. 

I never read the novel of Border Town Prodigal but from what I heard bit and pieces here and there that both drama make a bunch of changes to the original novel especially the love line but I think the background is probably the same. I checked out like 10 mins of Wallace Chung's drama and even the actor can't save that story lol 

Well :thumbsup: you share same opinion with me, his Lian Chengbi is greatly portrayed. I can feel his change from an elegant boy to such a dirty evil. 

But in Border Town Prodigal and The magic Blade, the difference is not only the love line. In The magic Blade, FHX's mother knew FHX was not her son from his birth, in fact this FHX was another woman's son who his adoptive mother rescued when both the mothers were pregnant. After both the mothers gave births, FHX's mother died and the adoptive mother decided to adopt him and gave her real son away. In Border Town Prodigal, FHX's adoptive mother did not know he was not her son because MFL's father secretly swapped her real son for FHX. So I think the plot was changed much, not know which one is closer to the novel.

• Like 1

All about Qi Heng and Minglan (2)

Episode 5 - School Events:: Shadow Drawing (EP5:23:40)
In this scene, Qi Heng recites his essay in the class, there are two things little sweet things here:
1)Whenever Qi Heng says “six,” he will purposely enunciate this word, because Minglan is the sixth miss of the family, and he hardly gets any chance to call her, so in his heart, being able to say six out loudly is something sweet to him. (Don’t worry, it won’t sound too awkward because the essay is about one state vs. other six states so it acceptable to stress “six")

2)Minglan traces his shadow when he is standing up reciting his paper. She uses her fingers first and then uses a writing brush drawing his profile on her desk.

It is such a sweet puppy love moment in the story, he loves her with all his heart, and she has a crush on him too but hides it very well.

Episode 5 - School Events:: Scholar Zhuang’s punishment (EP5:24:53)

On the other side of the room, Minglan is bargaining with Scholar Zhuang -- she offers food to Scholar Zhuang and gets one day of extension for her extra assignment — copy “Slat and Iron theory,” a collection of  60 articles.

This is a fascinating scene, Minglan is very sweet, and Qi Heng’s uses every excuse he can find just try to be in the same room with her for a bit longer.

Episode 5 - School Events:: The invite, the gift and the offering(EP5:28:20)
This is one of the crucial scenes in the early episodes.
1)Qi Heng “bumped into” Minglan after school. He talked about Polo match,  Minglan said they've never been to a Polo match before.

2)Qi Heng is quite happy and said he will ask for an invitation letter and send it to the Sheng Family, and then he stopped talking and become tongue-tied for a short while, what he really wants to say is whether Minglan plays to go, but he couldn’t ask for it.

3)And then he recollected his self-confidence and started talking again about the prize of the Polo match. Minglan replies that none of the girls in the Sheng Family knows how to play Polo, and then try to stop the conversation by saying it is too late.

4)I guess this is something Qi Heng has been waiting for,  he raises his eyebrows, and a slightly crafty look comes to his eyes, he deliberately asks why she is so late today and gets the answer he wanted: Minglan is late because Scholar Zhuang gives her extra assignment due to her clumsy handwriting. Qi Heng immediately offers assistance: he is able to mimic her writing and is willing to help her out.

5)Minglan turned down his offering firmly. Qi Heng then started his last strike - bringing out a box of water chestnuts, but Minglan refused to take his gift. Qi Heng smiled and picked up a water chestnut and try to break it for Minglan, the shell of the water chestnut is very hard, so he failed. Xiaotao helped him out, Qi Heng smiled and handed the box of water chestnut and a bag to Minglan and left.

To most of the people, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, a decent and polite gentleman, the only son and heir of a princess and a duke, the most handsome man in the capital.

But when he is with Minglan, he is just this innocent young boy from the neighborhood, loves Minglan with all his heart opening to her. Completely forget who he is,painstakingly tried all his best, just want to get her to smile back to him.

Zhu Yilong really caught the essence of this role and put on an act, which showed the pure and innocent puppy love of a young aristocrat thoroughly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

Anyone watched Love for Three Lifetimes? OMG I am impressed. I feel like each of his face movement is on point and has some meaning. His acting is really great here :love:

In all of ZYL's characters until now, Chi Rui is still my favorite. He is a complicated person who silently carries all his burdens and carefully hides all his feelings inside. He's smart and confident, as arrogant as the only son of a big family should be, but in love, especially in one-way love, he can be as stupid as anyone. ZYL did such a great job. His Chi Rui is stone-faced but you can 'see' all struggling emotions of this character through his eyes. (OMG, his eyes are so beautiful, so expressive that they should be national treasure:love:). The plot of Love for Three Lifetimes is tooooo old and unreasonably dramatic (I can't understand how Zhi Xia can take her look away from Chi Rui, lol) but it can't stop ZYL from creating a logical, believable and sensational role. I love Chi Rui so so so so so so much!!!! 

34 minutes ago, Moony Moony said:

In all of ZYL's characters until now, Chi Rui is still my favorite. He is a complicated person who silently carries all his burdens and carefully hides all his feelings inside. He's smart and confident, as arrogant as the only son of a big family should be, but in love, especially in one-way love, he can be as stupid as anyone. ZYL did such a great job. His Chi Rui is stone-faced but you can 'see' all struggling emotions of this character through his eyes. (OMG, his eyes are so beautiful, so expressive that they should be national treasure:love:). The plot of Love for Three Lifetimes is tooooo old and unreasonably dramatic (I can't understand how Zhi Xia can take her look away from Chi Rui, lol) but it can't stop ZYL from creating a logical, believable and sensational role. I love Chi Rui so so so so so so much!!!! 

Exactly what I thought about that character. This plot is one type of torturing audience :D. Chi Rui is a very unreal character but ZYL makes it so vivid that I think there is really such a silly guy somewhere. But its also tough to watch such scenes when his wife gave birth to a child of another man. How could you watch through the series if its all one way love from his side? OMG!!! I love this character so much but can't stand  it, how to overcome?

4 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

Exactly what I thought about that character. This plot is one type of torturing audience :D. Chi Rui is a very unreal character but ZYL makes it so vivid that I think there is really such a silly guy somewhere. But its also tough to watch such scenes when his wife gave birth to a child of another man. How could you watch through the series if its all one way love from his side? OMG!!! I love this character so much but can't stand  it, how to overcome?

I watched all the Chi Rui's scenes until the end simply because I couldn't take my eyes off him :lol:. What impressed me most is the scene when Chi Rui let go of Zhi Xia, ZYL made it with just a smile but I could feel all the tears that Chi Rui held inside, omg, it hurted me much more than any of his crying scene:bawling:. Until now, I can't believe that I could love such a terribly tragic character (what I used to hate the most), lol

3 hours ago, Moony Moony said:

I watched all the Chi Rui's scenes until the end simply because I couldn't take my eyes off him :lol:. What impressed me most is the scene when Chi Rui let go of Zhi Xia, ZYL made it with just a smile but I could feel all the tears that Chi Rui held inside, omg, it hurted me much more than any of his crying scene:bawling:. Until now, I can't believe that I could love such a terribly tragic character (what I used to hate the most), lol

But watching Chi Rui's struggling/crying inside is really tough :bawling:. In which episode there is "Chi Rui let go of Zhi Xia, ZYL made it with just a smile but I could feel all the tears that Chi Rui held inside"? I have just been done with epi 15 and feeling unable to continue although I miss his acting here :rolleyes:. Still Guardian is the best to watch again :grin:

6 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

But watching Chi Rui's struggling/crying inside is really tough :bawling:. In which episode there is "Chi Rui let go of Zhi Xia, ZYL made it with just a smile but I could feel all the tears that Chi Rui held inside"? I have just been done with epi 15 and feeling unable to continue although I miss his acting here :rolleyes:. Still Guardian is the best to watch again :grin:

That's in ep 28. Although it's hard to watch but it's worth enduring the drama (my own opinion of course :D

4 hours ago, BreezeC said:

AHHHH! I miss Luo Fu Sheng! lol But like the last one better because that was soooo ZYL hehehe

Wow I can not tell a difference because I am not Chinese, but he looks cute.

I think Granting you a dreamlike life has a bad storyline, LFS is good but not interested to follow whole series :D

@huongpham82 LOL basically, he have to perform the same line in four different ways. The first one is QH and you can sort of tell that he is a bit more reserve and speak slower/softer with longer pause in between. The second one is LFS (Ahhh! Sorry, I just love this character too much but I agree the storyline is bad lol) and he is a bit carefree with that tongue movement inside his mouth, the higher and louder pitch of his voice, and the stance which give off a bit of a bad boy vide. The next is just him using his home dialect. Finally, he recital the line as ZYL and you can sort of feel his genuineness and he talks like that in most of his promotion videos. I always hope to see him transfer into character like that but whenever he is asked to in several occasions he always 'manage' to evade the situation lol

I think his performance in CCTV will premiere tonight. I am not sure what the show is about or what he did there, even though it is a prerecord show, it will be nice to just see him. :wub:

Good news! I just got the photobook and I can’t stop screaming! It’s larger and heavier than I thought! And it’s really worth 150rmb with so many photos, post cards and posters (originally priced at 300rmb). What makes more difference is the text within the book. Very sincere and beautifully written by ZYL himself. 

Mingbox also announced that there will be international versions of the photobook  soon. So if you are in America and Australia, it’s likely that you can go to the local bookstores to buy his photobook in the future. In the meantime, they have also donated a school named “Zhu Yilong Dawn Hope Primary School” and 1million rmb out of the earnings. 

And tonight at 19:30 “Straight to Spring Festival Gala” will be aired on CCTV 3. It’s a talent show to select some good programs for the CCTV Spring Festival Gala. ZYL is there as a guest instead of a performer. He might not get a lot of screen time, but it’s just enough to see him appear on any TV shows. As for the Spring Festival Gala, it’s reported that he went to the rehearsal yesterday. However for this big event, nothing is settled until the last minute. So let’s hope for the best!

• Like 1

@paopaolong Envy!!! LOL I saw the unwrapping of the photobook in a clip and it looks good. I am so glad it will be available in the US. 

"Straight to Spring Festival Gala" ZYL gave us a bunch of surprises and he is adorable as always...:wub:

Oh my god, he is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervous because he got the red pocket that require him to rap...His expression is just priceless when he opened it...He sooooooooooooooooo do not want to do it lol He is adorable!!! I can literally see his mind working rapidly to think up what to rap lol Like the wheel is turning to think what to do...He was relieve when they skip his turn with the next performance but unfortunately, his fans out it him and want him to do it hehehe

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Anna Orlinda said:

Hi all, I am new to here, I have a facebook page that will update Long Ge's news almost everyday. Welcome to like my "Zhu Yi Long 朱一龍Overseas Fans" page https://www.facebook.com/ZYLoverseasfans/

Hi Anna, I'm already following your FB page, thanks for keep it updated ^^
speaking about it... I've just read that you published the info about the drama " The Rhapsody of A Summer Dream "  that will be soon realeased in 2019.... I would like to know if it's a confermed info, I mean, if it's really true :D
I can't wait to see this serie (with eng subs hopefully)... even if our Mr. Yilong was so young back then LOL, but it'll be interesting to see and confront his acting of back then to the actual acting ^_^:heart: