Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

@siobhanne @BreezeC @huongpham82  I know, you guys are right. It's not like they have anything against ZYL and his acting, although i can't be sure since i started reading from the latest post backwards, got upset and then just left lol.. but yeah they were just discussing the character qiheng. Well the good thing is he's being noticed and i do notice he's gaining new fans haha.. I'm pretty sure there's another xiao gong ye scene trending on weibo but since i can't read chinese, i might've misunderstood.

19 hours ago, yinchanmyae1621 said:

GeGe said in interview , he use the method acting in other drama but he base on emotions and use the suggestion of director in Minglan.He say all of his acting are base on his emotions and he didn't do purpose .he just follow the his heart .That why he so good in minglan.Even if in a drama ,  I can't stand to watch his sadness and I want to cry .I'm feel so pity for  Qi Heng.

Ah..Qi Heng is so well done even if the character is not perfect, he feels very sympathetic, maybe only because ZYL acts it^_^ I remember his previous interview and he said that he acted as the director wanted and didn't take liberty with the character profile but he has very intuitive way of acting, he brings a lot of personal experiences and tics to his character. His previous weibo even had some mention of how his character's interests had become his own interests so he immerses himself deep into that cultivated personality. It is interesting.

8 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

I think in this video below, he was talking something about his transformation into one character? Got a little confused.

This vid is so funny:lol: The character he was talking was is this. It is so out there and different from his own that he had to 'become' Feng Douzi himself to portray it. Because of that even after the shoot ended, he kept that personality for a while before getting out of it. Even interviews one can notice it is not ZYL who is talking but the character. If you followed the National drama awards. you might have seen ZYL with Wang Gang, who played his father, recreating a filial scene.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H9Yvj0yoK?fid=1034:4323774838019494

005FvhFxly1fyrzyppjlog30go0emb2n.gif

I didn't think actors need to have chemistry offscreen to bring chemistry onscreen lol, when he is in filming, he becomes another person. I have no idea from 2017 why he did not have good chemistry with any female roles. Before 2017 the reason was he was always the character who loved first and barely got loved, maybe due to that kind of character. In Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang 2016, his character loved the female lead so much but she was like he was nothing which is quite annoying to me. In Border Town Prodigal, FHX and Cui Nong had some chemistry but not much since she always tried to kill him, FHX and MFL had no chemistry. In granting a dreamlike life, I have not finished this series yet but the chemistry is not much either, what's wrong?

Honestly, I don't watch romance so I can hardly give an input. But I think having good friendship, trust and companionship definitely helps with creating a shared intimate scene. I have watched ZYL's older roles and he didn't hold himself back like he does now, actually he felt very passionate. So I hope the actress and him have good bonding over so it shows, personally I didn't have trouble with his roles. You should definitely watch Phantacity BTS as it shows that he worked for a month to understand the script, the director's vision and create camaraderie with the child actress all the while intensely filming, even when he was sick, for True Friends and participating in variety shows.

He looked so fresh and plump (? for lack of better words haha) in the DEPART photoshoot bts, bless his beautiful soul and his beautiful visual. Tomb notes filming is ongoing and will be for quite some time now,  but afterwards I hope he'll take a long relaxing vacation before diving into a new project, the guy needs a break. Plus I like how he looks when he's travelling.

P/S: @TheRedDragon Is that really you in the picture??

2 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

I watched all cutscenes of the drama he mentioned, the opposite of him. But what I feel confused is the way he transformed into the character is method acting? 

In my opinion, method acting is mentioned when performer doesn't 'act' the character but 'become' that one both onscreen and offscreen, totally immerses into character's inner world, breaks his/her own personality to change into character's personality. I think there are few specific roles you can call that method acting, in which the performer must sacrifice a lot of him/herself to truly transform into character, as Adrien Brody for example, who truly lived as a homeless on site and off site while playing in 'The Pianist'. And many actors/actresses was physically and mentally affected after immersing into the depressed/mad/crazy/disabled roles for a long time filming.

About ZYL, there are some roles I think he approached this method to make the character more persuasive and believable like putting stones in his shoes when playing the crippled Fu Hongxue, leaving his hurting eyes untreated to get close to the description of Fu Hongxue in the original novel. But he did not live as Fu Hongxue offscreen, the same to Feng Douzi, he just acted the guy who was the opposite of his personality by watching untrustworthy people around him (then Bai Yu appeared in the vid lol) and even though he was affected by this role, he had no difficulty to get out of it. I think it will be pretentious for us, as ZYL's fans, to call him a method actor, and ZYL himself never says he is. He's just enthusiastic to make all his roles as natural as possible and puts all his heart to do it. That's why I so proud of him, method actor or not.  

• Insightful 1

I'd add that method actors can also be very annoying for the other members of cast and crew to deal with if they're very inflexible with it, and have a bad reputation because of it. So personally I think it's much better to take elements of it, like keeping a style of talking if you feel that otherwise you can't get into it, but not actually insisting that you are douzi and getting crew members into pyramid schemes or whatnot. Anyway, it's not like we know much about the technical aspects of acting, I think it's for him to experiment and have fun with. Based on his interviews he wants to try different things and evolve. And he wants to have a moment of fully transforming himself into a character without remembering himself (that can mean within the scene, not necessarily that he wants to live on set like that), so I hope he achieves it and enjoys it. 

• Like 1

@siobhanne'getting crew members into pyramid schemes or whatnot'. Hahaha, he must be the most adorable pyramid schemes saler then. 

I said that I was worry about his new character Wu Xie would be criticized by novel readers. But after Qi Heng, I can't wait for his new Wu Xie. No matter how he intends to express this character, it must be a vivid one!!!

7 hours ago, Moony Moony said:

In my opinion, method acting is mentioned when performer doesn't 'act' the character but 'become' that one both onscreen and offscreen, totally immerses into character's inner world, breaks his/her own personality to change into character's personality. I think there are few specific roles you can call that method acting, in which the performer must sacrifice a lot of him/herself to truly transform into character, as Adrien Brody for example, who truly lived as a homeless on site and off site while playing in 'The Pianist'. And many actors/actresses was physically and mentally affected after immersing into the depressed/mad/crazy/disabled roles for a long time filming.

About ZYL, there are some roles I think he approached this method to make the character more persuasive and believable like putting stones in his shoes when playing the crippled Fu Hongxue, leaving his hurting eyes untreated to get close to the description of Fu Hongxue in the original novel. But he did not live as Fu Hongxue offscreen, the same to Feng Douzi, he just acted the guy who was the opposite of his personality by watching untrustworthy people around him (then Bai Yu appeared in the vid lol) and even though he was affected by this role, he had no difficulty to get out of it. I think it will be pretentious for us, as ZYL's fans, to call him a method actor, and ZYL himself never says he is. He's just enthusiastic to make all his roles as natural as possible and puts all his heart to do it. That's why I so proud of him, method actor or not.  

Thanks. I already read some information about filming the Fu Hong Xue charater. He tried to lose weight as well. I don't understand why many people critized this Fu Hong Xue, saying like "he was not acting, just not smiled" and "not know whether he loves Cui nong or MFL". Yes, I also accept this character is very tough to watch, because he supposed to be like that. But I am really impressed by his acting. I used to like Wallace Chung as well and he portrayed Fu Hong Xue but I can not feel the FHX by Wallace Chung. In fact this is not a "real" character, but only a fictional one from novel. The tragic is so unrealistic and he just acted to follow the novel. The plot sucks, the love between him and the two girls are illogical. 

I agree we are proud of him :D. it does not matter what method he does, I was just curious.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, Moony Moony said:

@huongpham82I have read that he just plays a subordinate part in Skynet. Good news is his character isn't a tragic one and still alive in the end, lol. 

In fact he had a few happy-ending characters, such as in As Flowers Fade and Fly Across The Sky (2017), but the make up in that drama is ridiculous :D

• LOL 2

On 9/25/2018 at 5:54 AM, TheRedDragon said:

Thanks for sharing! I guess Mauritius lost.:P Maybe next time as he did say he wanted to visit the country.

Is it this character? Didn't he say his ideal girl was her? Did he also name his ant Lady of Luminosity?

That is so horrible!:angry: To work so hard and live as a different person each day and then his little time to relax he is followed by stalkers and wackos, anybody would start to get paranoid if someone actually put camera in their bedroom. I read they actually put a tracker on his car and then these people misbehave and actually touch him inappropriately. These people need to be jailed and publicly shamed.

Can you tell about this person? What picture?

Thanks @verliebtintraum It is so good they have a weibo for international fans. I hope they can also make instagram, twitter and facebook accounts so more people can connect. They can also put their posts in English or any other language so fans can understand. Is it also true that ZYL has a facebook account? I tried to look but couldn't find.:mellow:

(I tried to read back the old posts)

Is that correct FB is forbidden in China?

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, siobhanne said:

@katthy Absolutely he's allowed to smoke privately if he wants, none of my business. What disturbs me is fans saying absolutely stupid stuff like: I used to dislike men smoking, but now that Zhu Yi Long does it, it looks hot. 

And then creating whole collages of him smoking. With other fans commenting that it looks hot. This stuff shouldn't be glorified and spread around as a good and sexy thing. My point is exactly that his smoking should be allowed to be kept low key and private. 

But yeah, personally I do hope he can quit, because it is horrendous for health, not just for cancer risk, but a risk factor for a lot of immune-related illnesses that you wouldn't expect, bad for the skin, teeth, etc. (So is the air in Beijing, to be fair.) And, as can be seen, people are extremely susceptible to a celebrity's influence. But it seems he has graduated to vaping (slightly healthier alternative), since otherwise there would be pictures of him smoking from the summer. Which again, I hope he can manage to keep private, and is allowed to do so, because a lot of people seem to assume it is completely harmless. And vaping at least so far is thankfully seen as dorky, and we don't need ZYL to revolutionize and make vaping sexy suddenly.

OMG, as an actor, he should avoid smoking. As we are living far from him so his smoking has nothing to do with us, but as fans, we wish him a long career and this can do harm to his health, shape, skin,... as you said. I hope he can quit it or keep it low :)

3 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

(I tried to read back the old posts)

Is that correct FB is forbidden in China?

I think so. But only in mainland. Hong Kong and a few other places like Hainan with foreign tourists get more freedom in the matter. Some people also use VPN. About ZYL, I think it was a rumour. If he does have, perhaps it is only personal.