Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Hi guys, it’s me again lol, the photo book is still on sale for a week or so, so if you are interested let me know. Regarding some of your posts, I kinda want to clarify some things.

1. Management/ company: yes he is in a tiny company that can’t help him or protect him at all, but the good thing is that he now gets to decide whatever he likes to do. (After negotiating with his company) Comparing to the larger entertainment companies, there will be nobody trying to force him to do anything.  So please don’t criticize them too much.

2. Spring festival/ happy camp recording: I am not sure where you guys got the message, but this has not been confirmed. According to past experience, please try not to spread or believe anything that’s not confirmed by the officials. (Because of the whole cyber bullying thing.(seriously, it’s been half a year already, it seems like it’s getting better now,I hope it stops soon)) 

3. Regarding if he is a ‘real’ person: the reason this is such a big deal is that right now in the Chinese entertainment industry there is this common advertising trend called “selling personality“ which is the companies will try to give the idol/actor a set personality and make that the selling point. But a lot of the times these personality doesn’t matches with their own, which then end up with them accidentally reveling there own personality some day, and disappoints the fans. Now here is again the good thing about long ge’s Company, they won’t force him to do this so this will never happen to him. He is an actor, and he said many times that an actor shouldn’t reveal too much about his personal life and habit , to avoid people having a set mind about his character. And  that is indeed what he did. ( although we can still caught a glimp of his cuteness through the interviews etc) the anti fans that claim he is not a real person is really just because they can’t find anything that’s really bad about him, so they use this as an excuse ( because this is something that people can’t prove them wrong, although they can’t prove themselves right as well.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 8/25/2018 at 3:22 AM, siobhanne said:

@dzareth sometimes I feel like he's just too lazy to get his thoughts out. Another thing I've noticed is that he tends to answer joke questions very seriously. Like it won't be elegant to eat crab without his hands. He seriously contemplates doing it almost. Maybe these unusual answers is how he kills conversations. I don't know about shy but he is definitely an introvert. Staying up late into the night to have some alone time, he's already said it's really precious to him. I definitely have that tendency when I'm with people all the time to try to steal some time alone during the night. Might be why he's so tired lately. He's probably constantly surrounded now more than ever. But as an introvert the need for alone time is like the need for food. You have to fulfill it even at the cost of sleep. 

He must be introvert, I know that from myself. I used to be very serious lol but have improved over time. Introverters do not want to show thoughts or lazy joining a conversation because of not find it interesting or simply not having any desire or find any neccessarity lol. For an introverter, if not say the truth, there is not much to say.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, katthy said:

Hi Xienrue, well... I'm kind of new... I've landend in drama's world this March and was like a bam for me! I felt in love with this genre right away, I've been watching since then korean, thai and chinese dramas. For the majority I've watched ethero korean dramas but I really enjoy watching BL dramas that has such sweetness and deep love that makes my heart melt... I watched very few chinese dramas BUT... Guardian has been like a revelation to me!  After I watched it I've became pretty much addicted to Zhu Yi Long, to his gorgeousness and talent as well :sweatingbullets::wub:

Same here! really ZYL messed up my standard for good acting as well, I'm mesmerized by him and his talent, REALLY A LOT!!!

He's really at the top in Letting You Float Like A Dream and I'm sure you will be not disappointed LOL  I've watched like 9 episodes without understand a word just because I haven't been able to stop to be enchanted by him... so you know... it's really a good and healthy kind of drog LOL :D 

For me, I watched a lot of C dramas before (mostly martial ones) but not cared much about the actors. I have not been watching them for a long time now. I usually watch American movies because they produce most best movies in the world, most of their actors even tiny roles are good. For C dramas/movies or other asian ones, only main and some support roles are good, many small roles are bad acting. Or am I blinded? But when watching Zhu Yi Long, I have a lot of emotions, I can feel the character well and have a connection to him. Just a type of my taste.

Normally I also speed up to Zhu Yi Long scenes but in guardian I can watch most of the scenes, it shows much humanitarian, the human relationships are good to watch. I just finished it yesterday. 

22 hours ago, huongpham82 said:

He must be introvert, I know that from myself. I used to be very serious lol but have improved over time. Introverters do not want to show thoughts or lazy joining a conversation because of not find it interesting or simply not having any desire or find any neccessarity lol. For an introverter, if not say the truth, there is not much to say.

OMG!!! That completely described me! LOL Yeah, I can relate. Which is why I think it always take ZYL a long time to warm up to people in the production crew. I already heard it a few time from his co-stars that ZYL is so quiet/shy/isolated when they started filming but after awhile when he warmed up, they will discover he is really a great guy and he is chatty once he becomes comfortable with you. For example, FSF mentioned during MingLan's press con that he was surprise that ZYL can sit through a whole dinner without talking but once he warmed up he chat about gaming, diving etc...and in his bts, he seems more comfortable and relax than public events or interviews. 

23 hours ago, ryechel said:

3. Regarding if he is a ‘real’ person: the reason this is such a big deal is that right now in the Chinese entertainment industry there is this common advertising trend called “selling personality“ which is the companies will try to give the idol/actor a set personality and make that the selling point. But a lot of the times these personality doesn’t matches with their own, which then end up with them accidentally reveling there own personality some day, and disappoints the fans. Now here is again the good thing about long ge’s Company, they won’t force him to do this so this will never happen to him. He is an actor, and he said many times that an actor shouldn’t reveal too much about his personal life and habit , to avoid people having a set mind about his character. And  that is indeed what he did. ( although we can still caught a glimp of his cuteness through the interviews etc) the anti fans that claim he is not a real person is really just because they can’t find anything that’s really bad about him, so they use this as an excuse ( because this is something that people can’t prove them wrong, although they can’t prove themselves right as well.)

Yeah, which is why I am happy that he doesn't attend any of those variety shows (of course, one episode here and there is fine lol) because to be honest, I like a lot of those actor/actress which shows a certain personality in variety show (I can't comment on whether they are fake or real or constructed...who knows...) but I can't sit through 1 episode of them acting because it is either really bad or I see too much of their personality to concentrate on the character of the story. In my opinion, ZYL is a great and hard working actor and it is good to get a sense of the actor behind screen but we really don't need to know him in and out. At the end of the day, he just wants to be a regular guy with characters and works that satisfy and won't disappoint us fans.  He wants his works to be admired and loved not himself to be admired and loved. Although we love both hehehe

• Like 1

I have baidu account, so I downloaded Long Ge's photo shared by Mingbox (publishser of ZYL photobook Depart) in high definition and re-uploaded them via google drive:

Photo 1 (shot at Royal Botanic Garden Sydney) Link HD (132MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZPqcz57HrR5kJJtpEKU3xwgRaQu97BAt/view?fbclid=IwAR3Xmf2Q8IDHHzmaE6vFDo3nzZSDBbhoRdD0EmFK93bWPRHvjIAxqBTEb0s

Photo 2 (photo in bathroom): Link HD (29MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13RfjNNX3LeXjfOwn9go6FGFdmPZwWF5y/view?fbclid=IwAR2I3fvbHJnRjjYT9jQx53o2amVCphy2qsoHwGoANylKDVJl5ew2TszS21

Photo 3 (at Sydney Opera House): Link HD (79MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C1a7-UCNQN-bp_8mUfF1_899aOGWI3Md/view?usp=sharing

Photo 4 (at Port Stephens) Link  HD (75.6MB):https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NLLHan5YxxXlQO2g7n4fIL7XEmPp32_8/view?usp=sharing

Hope that you will enjoy them.

• Thanks 3

@ohsammy219 Thanks a lot!!! :D Anyone watching his latest drama? It had been a bit quiet here lately while the drama thread is hot...I can barely catch up lol I had put it on hold for now because I am busy with stuff and I am actually delaying to watch his heartbreaking scenes...it is a bit hard since it is all over the postings on weibo lol BTW, I think he is attending the weibo night tomorrow, right? Or tonight if you are in asia... I think he got second place in voting...I look forward to seeing his latest appearance... :wub:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

@ohsammy219 Thanks a lot!!! :D Anyone watching his latest drama? It had been a bit quiet here lately while the drama thread is hot...I can barely catch up lol I had put it on hold for now because I am busy with stuff and I am actually delaying to watch his heartbreaking scenes...it is a bit hard since it is all over the postings on weibo lol BTW, I think he is attending the weibo night tomorrow, right? Or tonight if you are in asia... I think he got second place in voting...I look forward to seeing his latest appearance... :wub:

His acting superb :kiss_wink:, you should watch it, but the eng sub a bit slow 

• Like 2

@BreezeCYes, I really like it. I spoil myself with the chinese ones, but mostly only watch once episodes are subbed. His character is so sweet and so tragic. I didn't expect it to be this sad. I like the drama, the only complaint I have until now is that there were 3 occasions of saving Ming Lan in 3 episodes recently, and that to me felt like it didn't really belong in the genre, once would've been enough for me. But other than that I'm really enjoying it. All of the actors are really good, I only had one instance where the acting brought me out of the drama (a fairly minor character in a temporary plotline). And I think Ming Lan is a really awesome protagonist. I think the subs come out fast, it's normal for them to be 1-2 episodes behind the raw, it's probably in the licencing contract. After the episodes come out, it's subbed within a day.

• Like 2

@BreezeC I'm actually saving this drama for when I'm less busy because I'm drowning in work right now, but I checked a few clips that showed up on my twitter timeline and got tempted to watch the first few episodes lol. So I watched up until ep6 I think and I truly liked it, and not just because ZYL is in it. Although he's superb as Qiheng, the lovestruck look, the gentlemanly gait, plus he looks so beautiful in the outfits they put on him. A true noble xiao gong ye. Sad that his storyline is so tragic. I haven't watched later episodes, but I did see a clip from ep28 and it was so sad.. why you always so sad Yilong ah? Or maybe he just plays sad character very well, because the scene I watched, man. I mean I know the guy can act and he can play tragic very well, but that scene just struck me deep and made me feel so heartbroken, it's like I can feel the hurt. Or maybe I'm just biased, but you guys can check it out and judge for yourself. Thank you for being an actor, Zhu Yilong. I never knew I needed this kind of impact from a character before.

About the drama itself, I like the casts so far, expectedly, I like Minglan's grandma and I like Zhao Liying's portrayal of Minglan and I also like the character. Some people said the pace is too slow, but I enjoyed it, altho I for one don't have much qualms with slow paced dramas, especially if it's as well shot and well casted like this one. No one really stand out in a bad way, I even like the main wife who I think doesn't really come off scheming or manipulative, just kind of self centred and sharp mouthed. Some scenes have a subtle humour that stops the drama from being too serious and depressing, and I appreciate that.

So far I like the drama and I can see now the difference of these high value productions. The visuals are nice, some of the scenes are shot really beautifully. Now I'm having dilemmas about watching the rest of the episodes because of how sad they look (and tragic Qiheng storyline!) but I'll put the drama on hold for now anyway until I have time to watch it.

• Like 2

I dont really like Ming Lan 's story, not type of my taste, I saw the cuts of Yi Long only, its really really sad. He played some fun characters before and well enough to enjoy. I am eager for Lost Tomb because this is my taste, could anyone tell when will it be aired? I have not watch the previous series yet, but heard there are no female main characters?

I really like his outfit at the weibo award...I like his style recently in all his events...

a16e4a8fly1fz33dj0l6xj22lc3w0u0z.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fz33desflfj22lc3w0e83.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fz33dnq2kaj21s52odqv6.jpg

I thought I can honestly say to myself that I don't go crazy or obsessive over someone's look...I am not that vain...I believed that for many years and then I saw him...Look at these pictures!!! I can't say that anymore! He looks sooooooooooo good!!! oh my heart...:joy:

86238017ly1fz32y2254ej215a1pvjwa.jpg

86238017ly1fz32y29fblj215d1pz0xg.jpg

86238017ly1fz32y2htqzj213v1nv79i.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Although it was very obvious they are trying to make topic here but it was fun...although a bit putting ZYL on the spot lol When the lady asked the only different man who is not married to step out. ZYL just laugh and try to pretend it is not him but Shawn (love this guy, they filmed in a drama together before) started asking everyone whether they are married or not and unfortunately ZYL can't hide in the crowd anymore lol Thank god there was Shawn to improve the atmosphere or else it will be so awkward because I don't think all these men are familiar with each other much lol 

53 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

I really like his outfit at the weibo award...I like his style recently in all his events...

a16e4a8fly1fz33dj0l6xj22lc3w0u0z.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fz33desflfj22lc3w0e83.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fz33dnq2kaj21s52odqv6.jpg

I thought I can honestly say to myself that I don't go crazy or obsessive over someone's look...I am not that vain...I believed that for many years and then I saw him...Look at these pictures!!! I can't say that anymore! He looks sooooooooooo good!!! oh my heart...:joy:

86238017ly1fz32y2254ej215a1pvjwa.jpg

86238017ly1fz32y29fblj215d1pz0xg.jpg

86238017ly1fz32y2htqzj213v1nv79i.jpg

He has special pair of eyes :love: (like the emoji).

14 minutes ago, TheRedDragon said:

ZYL's character is just second lead in a drama which a husband and wife took together as a prospective sale point in dormancy. ZYL will not be allowed to steal the limelight and most of his parts are already broadcast. Except maybe use his hype to build a steady viewership base from his massive fandom. The drama is a bit Mary-suish and I don't have deep understanding of customs to follow through. The production company while reputed also has it's flaws. But that is pointless as a viewer. I just enjoy how superb he is acting and have been too busy to be updated. But his hallway episode broke rating records to +2% or something which is huge. Can you please link his cuts?

If you want his Restart, you can follow this but there are big spoilers so be careful.

I have no doubt his acting is good as always, just not really interested to watch the whole series ^_^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

ZYL's character is just second lead in a drama which a husband and wife took together as a prospective sale point in dormancy. ZYL will not be allowed to steal the limelight and most of his parts are already broadcast. Except maybe use his hype to build a steady viewership base from his massive fandom. The drama is a bit Mary-suish and I don't have deep understanding of customs to follow through. The production company while reputed also has it's flaws. But that is pointless as a viewer. I just enjoy how superb he is acting and have been too busy to be updated. But his hallway episode broke rating records to +2% or something which is huge. Can you please link his cuts?

If you want his Restart, you can follow this but there are big spoilers so be careful.

I followed that link. Really hope there is no BL romance there, I can not get over his BL romance in guardian so not want any more. He should have a character who will have great chemistry and a happy ending with a girl, or a pure action character is great too.