Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Anybody super excited for the next few days?! lol

a16e4a8fly1fyp2u8ku17j23vc2kwkjn.jpg

a16e4a8fly1fyp2tz4yfpj22jf3t5x6r.jpg

Sometime I am so engaged in ZYL's characters that I completely segregated him from the real ZYL. It took me a few second to remember yes, he can play the piano. lol Which is kind of good because I never see him as his character, like they are two different people hehe Yeah, so for new year's eve and new year, I will be all into ZYL and taking a break from QH :wub:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, paopaolong said:

I’m watching the Hunan TV New Year Concert right now. It’s gonna be the first new year I “spend” with ZYL. I’m so happy and excited! Happy New Year everyone! 2019 is gonna be awesome!

Happy 2019!!! I am also watching it live on TV! So excited!!! I have the schedule download on my phone to see when he will appear lol He will come after Feng Shao Feng. Can't wait! :)

He looks so handsome!!! This song is such a risky choice, it shows all the weaknesses of his vocal. He loves to challenge himself as always. I love the performance anyway, great stage, nice outfit, amazing light... It's never enough to see him singing and playing piano. Can't wait for tomorrow night. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Moony Moony said:
He looks so handsome!!! This song is such a risky choice, it shows all the weaknesses of his vocal. He loves to challenge himself as always. I love the performance anyway, great stage, nice outfit, amazing light... It's never enough to see him singing and playing piano. Can't wait for tomorrow night. 

Yeah!!! I completely 100% agree with you. This song is so risky and he took it on. Partially because he love the song but also if you hear the lyrics it is reflective of QH's character since both him and FSF is promoting the drama as well. I am not going to make judgement of his singing because first of all, he is not a singer and second, he is brave enough and sincere enough to do this live (there is so many pre-recorded singing trending weibo). If you compare his performance here with his performance at Phantacity, you can tell that ZYL doesn't enjoy singing as much as he enjoy acting. After his acting performance, he seems relief but also very happy but here he is just relieve and you can tell he is not that happy with his performance. Throughout the talking after his performance, he is still taking deep breathe and he looked a little dazed. I love when he went over to He Jiong for a hug/comfort lol and when he pointed his ways to his right side (which is most of his fans) that smile is a killer weapon lol

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H9PJy2f8F?fid=1034:4323437661900857

There was an interview after his performance, and he is still a bit dazed (They called his name and he didn't even realized it lol) But he was adorable as always, he really like the yellow mascot and keep rubbing it. I think he was trying to take a peek to see who is the person inside and he actually gave the mic to the mascot for him to speak...He is like a little boy...when the host said 'Little kid' to the mascot, our naive ZYL actually thought he is a kid. Even I know the host is refer to the mascot not the person inside. And then he looked so happy and surprise to see the claw machine. He is so honest and ask do I need to put in coin lol (not at a tv station you don't) And another honest comment, I am going to claw the festival one but they will not like it (yeah, that pig is pretty blah hahaha) It is those small things, that make him sooo real and precious to me. I am truly gracious and happy that in 2018 I discovered Zhu Yi Long, this awesome and amazing actor. For 2019, I hope to continue see you flourish and be happy and health and stay true to your heart!!! :) 

• Like 6

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av39595338/?p=1

This video shows that ZYL is indeed very very nervous. Poor baby... He missed a step and hit the ground. Thank god it was the last step and he didn't fell. He must be tired and nervous from all the latest performances in addition to his filming. I hope after this, he can have some rest and enjoy some quality time with his family. I know that he prefer quiet time but i thank him for attending these events to satisfy us fans!

• Like 2

For the photo book buying, I can help you guys since I am in China and I have a us bank account, but since this involves money I’m not sure how much you trust me lol. Ps: international purchase is available but the shipping fee will be charged, I’m guessing it might end up more than the photo book itself lol.

• Like 1

I am surprise, it had been several hours and a few ZYL's related topic is still trending on weibo hot topic. My favorite of course is that "Ming Lan and QH is the feeling of first love" topping number one. That is absolutely right!!! I can't wait to watch the latest episodes!!! Then there is the one with ZYL kissing his 'dad' from the award ceremony and last, the topic where fans are not sure which ZYL to watch since both the New Years ceremony from CCTV and the Award ceremony is scheduled on the same time and both have ZYL. Today is like a field day of ZYL Yeah!!! Great start to 2019!!!:) 

• Like 2

Thank you ryechel! I'm still bravely resisting the book, but perhaps others are interested. It's so kind of you to offer! 

His song yesterday was prerecorded, much less stress for him. Also. His voice teacher for phantacity posted on weibo how his throat hurt (and he was coughing) before and during the hunan tv performance, which explains the voice cracks and pained face. And he couldn't really practice out loud directly before the performance due to throat plus his voice wasn't in good condition, explaining the flatness (well I think anyway he is a bit prone to singing a bit flat if he doesn't get enough practice/is not in good condition). Longge chose the song because he likes it, and also said he must play the piano for it, otherwise it's not worth to do. The teacher tried to protest that it's too difficult but longge said he just has to practice then. And he was practicing the piano non stop coming close to the performance. And the teacher thought he did really well and after it was over she and his manager hugged. And then as the last thing she asked why does cooperating with zhu yi long always feel like fighting a battle together. Hahahaha. So cute how people jump to his defence like that. 

Apparently he gained a lot of new fans with his 2 singing performances :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://m.weibo.cn/1850396185/4324120662992880

Here's the full clip of ZYL's performance.

@BreezeC You are right, he looked so tired and nervous that day.  And he looked exhausted after the show. He seemed lost and couldn't concentrate on what happened on the stage while other people promoting The story of Ming Lan. I appreciate He Jiong so much for being there to give him a hug, I can feel he needed it so so much. 

@siobhanne I didn't realize that ZYL's performance in New Year concert is prerecorded. There's no trace of mismatch in his singing. It's a good performance anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@siobhanne Do you by any chance have her weibo? Hehehe...I promise I'll not stalk her. Just want to read her actual post. Yeah, I saw another clip while he was waiting to go on stage, he was walking back and forth and his fingers keep practicing playing the piano. Even when a man (colleague or worker there) was chatting with him, he started playing on his chest!!! So adorable and so serious! It is these type of action that make him gain more and more admiration from people :)  

• Like 1

To me, his Fu Hong Xue was very well done. I fallen in love with this character immediately and thought he is so good. His eyes showed a lot of inner pain, I cried much at the scence when he came back to meet his mother after the truth was revealed (I am not such a kind of tearful person) but its really touching.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 1:38 PM, siobhanne said:

@BreezeC haha. I saw the trending topic by accident but didn't know why it started. He must not be such a big introvert if he loves to eat hot pot 2-3 times a week, since it's a social activity. I love my friends but I can only comfortably be social once a week outside of work. The other article is from sina entertainment. I posted a translation by a Chinese fan on page 1 or 2 of this thread, the Chinese version is in the guardian thread, but can also be easily found on Google. 

@katthy to me it seems he just has topics he is willing to share about and those we won't talk about, but otherwise is quite open if he is comfortable with the reporter. He doesn't mind sharing his ideas about acting, and then can be lured into talking about his childhood memories. He won't talk about his personal life, but he is always polite about it. He tries to keep a clean line with fans, where he says he is grateful that the audience gives him more choices as an actor and he respects them. But never goes the idol line of saying he loves them. He is basically hinting to stay away from his personal life and not to try to hinder it (like it tends to happen with Chinese stars), because he is an actor, not an idol. 

I am an introverter but like hot pot so much hehehehe.

Edited by huongpham82
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:55 PM, siobhanne said:

Speaking of how fantastic ZYL is. I don't know if anyone remembers, in the Guardian thread I mentioned his acting detail with glasses in Guardian where he pushes them up like one would a mask at times where the character wants to hide or mask himself. Someone has made a thread on the different ways ZYL pushes up glasses, depending on the character: 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5886598335

:wub::wub::wub:

I bet there's loads of hidden gems like that in his acting, his characters feel so full of life and I can't connect the to his own person at all. I don't know what some people who claim he is just average for his age group and just works hard have been consuming, because I wish that they could point me in the direction of all those other great actors so I could have stuff to watch, I'm somehow having trouble finding those great masters.

ETA: Someone who actually potentially speaks Chinese (I saw some other post where she said she doesn't) has done a translation of the esquire magazine interview (sometimes the translation goes out of the picture though):

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

But to be honest I still find in some parts hard to understand what he meant : D

Average? Hahaa who said that please tell me who is better.