Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

@BreezeC I haven't read the novel but i've seen someone say the same thing, that he has some kind of sickness in the drama, but he eventually gets better i guess.. When i watched him in eternal wave i was like 'he's gonna die isn't he' all the time hahah but gladly he didn't die. I'm also still not over luo fusheng's death it's so sad and an yuexi's expression just makes it all the more heartwrenching *SOBS* thankfully they got together eventually.. *wipes tears* i'm telling you i am NOT someone who cries easily when watching sad movies especially if it's romance. Stories about family or pet deaths might make me cry easily but i don't usually cry over lovers deaths probs because i don't have much experience haha! But maybe because it's zhu yilong and the trauma i got from seeing him so sad and tragic in many scenes, that death part just makes me so sad T_T why must you do this to me?? Thankfully i haven't seen the death scene compilation so i'll save myself the depression thank you very much :tongue:

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

It’s very delighted to meet you all. I am from Viet Nam. I become Zhu Yi Long’s fan after watching Guardian, we also have some fanpages of him on Facebook. Suddenly I wanted to know that he has international fan and what they think about him? I found your thread and read all information, you guys are so lovely and kindly.

First, I just want to be your silent reader but I love your opinion and want to discuss.

Sorry for my poor English. T^T

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shinai27 said:

Hello everyone,

It’s very delighted to meet you all. I am from Viet Nam. I become Zhu Yi Long’s fan after watching Guardian, we also have some fanpages of him on Facebook. Suddenly I wanted to know that he has international fan and what they think about him? I found your thread and read all information, you guys are so lovely and kindly.

First, I just want to be your silent reader but I love your opinion and want to discuss.

Sorry for my poor English. T^T

Welcome! I know your fansclub page and I found the fans party held in HCMC few months ago, very amazing!

22 minutes ago, Sherry Chow said:

Welcome! I know your fansclub page and I found the fans party held in HCMC few months ago, very amazing!

Yay, I joined that party. Actually we have many different fanpages on FB, but the host of this fan meeting and admins from Zhu Yi Long Fanclub, following him for a long time, I mean from the "Border Town Prodigal". 

• Like 1

@BreezeC What is this mv compilation of ZYL characters death that you are talking? :o

I am planning to watch Love for Three Lifetimes, but sadly I cannot find sub. ..... Therefore I am on my way to try watching The Legend of Miyue. Do you have other recommendation?

By the way regarding The Lost Tomb, since there is a "reboot" tagging in the title, are we sure that the adaption ZYL acts on is not the first arc? Because I have tried watching Tomb Raider movie and The Lost Tomb season 1. Sadly, I don't like the Wu Xie character there. Too naive for my taste, thus I hope that ZYL will play a matured Wu Xie instead.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, xienrue said:

@BreezeC What is this mv compilation of ZYL characters death that you are talking? :o

yeah... I could be interested too... no matter what... no matter illness depression... LOL :D

57 minutes ago, xienrue said:

I am planning to watch Love for Three Lifetimes, but sadly I cannot find sub. .....

me neither... sob... I wanted to watch also Border Town Prodigal and Royal Sister Returns but I didn't find neither of them with eng subs... on YT are uploaded but not entirely eng subbed :tears::tears:  if someone knows that the series're uploaded somewhere with eng subs please...
I beg to share the links....

Instead I just saw on YT that are available entirely uploaded full HD with eng sub Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang (新萧十一郎- The Shaw Eleven Lang), I tried to watch few episodes last month I think... but then I quitted... it's difficult because ZYL isn't the main actor... and isn't always on screen... I should probably watch it skipping scenes and just watching the one with ZYL LOLOL :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Warning: This is a VERY long article , ignore it if you don’t like conspiracy theory!

You guys might wonder why there are so many people get paid to attack ZYL and/or other actors/actress?

This issue is very complicated. It involves capital, rival agencies (companies or agencies which have similar actors/actresses competing film and drama roles, chances to participating variety shows, product promotion & campaign opportunities ), and the dirty companies who hired those haters to get more viewers(the uglier the news, the more viewers, hence the more advertisement income ). 

As individuals, there is not much we can do to stop this from happening.  The overall consensus amongst most ZYL's fans are :

1) Be sensible about what you said in public spaces in China such as Weibo , Zhihu  and etc. ,try not to provide any materials that can be used to against ZYL or cause any fight with fans' of other celebrities , i.e. comparing him with other actors or public figures . But I think it is OK for you guys do it here or YoueTube/Facebook and I even think it might help ZYL because that shows his international influence. 
2)Ignore those dirty companies's dirty news, if there are less people reading about their dirty news, the less the commercial profit they got.
3)Support products he endorsed: Yogurts,  drinks, skin care lotions etc.

4)Support and promote his dramas,  films and shows

5)Support him on some statistics data such as daily signups,  votes , sending admiration flowers online etc., there are companies in China specialized in analysing celebrities' fans statistics. The higher that data ranking, the higher his commercial value is, and the bigger the chance he gets more commercial opportunities. 

6)Support volunteering and charity events under his name. Some fans are building an elementary school for poor kids using ZYL and BY’s names

7)Don't participate those dog fights. Let it cool down. 

Here comes the conspiracy theory!

8)The issue with capital is even more complicated.  It is related to tax policy and hot money issues in China.

8.1)Tax rate in China and tax fraud in entertainment industry

• The Income tax rates for individuals are somewhere from 5%-40% depending on your monthly income. 

• The business tax rates for companies are somewhere from 3% to 20% depending on the business size and the industry sections. 

• Cultural events/agencies/entertainment companies's tax rate is ~5%.  

• AND there is a region where you can get tax exempt for 5 years for those type of entertainment companies. 

For example, a senior software engineer can easily pay 20-35% of income tax but a movie star who got paid hundreds of times more only pays 5-6% if s/he has a company under his/her name. Even as this low rate, some movie stars/idols still try not to pay their tax. Tax fraud is easy to commit in entertainment industry because :

• Individual employees in other industries usually have long term employment contracts and with more predictable income
  • People in entertainment industry tend to have one time contracts and the pay rates are not transparent
  • There was essentially no auditing/monitoring in the entertainment industry in the past.

8.2)Therefore there was  enormous amount of hot money went to entertainment industry.  The influx of huge amount of hot money caused many issues:

• In the last few years, there were at least ~500 dramas  being made each year but less than half of those dramas got broadcasted,  the reason for that could be bad business decisions  but many times those investments were more for money laundry purposes. 

• There were many idol making events in China in the last few years, young and beautiful people participating in singing or dancing contests to get an easy way to entertainment industry. Those idols tend to get paid more than professionally  trained actors , singers and dancers such as ZYL and Bai Yu.
  • There were lots of capital controlled events to attack/smear other actors so to control the commercial market value.

8.3)Here there is a good news. 

• There is a huge nationwide event going in China to check these companies/agencies tax fraud issues . They need to repay whatever their avoid paying via tax fraud for the last two years. They have a month or so to make up for it or they will get suited for fraud after the grace period. 

• There will be more restricted auditing /monitoring in entertainment industry 

8.4)Therefore it is expected that there will be much less capital goes to entertainment industry in China in the coming years because of the taxation policy will be changed very soon and the ongoing nationwide taxation auditing in entertainment industry.  The winter is coming.

• Last month, there was a news saying  that there are only about 20-30% of new dramas being made this year in Hongdian, the largest drama filming site in China.  
  • And it is reported hundreds of entrainment companies/agencies closed their businesses in the last few weeks.

8.5)It is believed professionals like ZYL or Bai Yu won’t be affected that much because

• -When you wanted to make a proper drama instead of doing money laundry, you need people who can really act. 
  • it is expected actors will get pay less in general. Some idols got pay 5-10 times higher than ZYL or Bai Yu in the past but will less  incoming hot money, things will return to where is should be.
  • The idols are more likely to be devalued because their companies business profit will decrease due to higher tax rate and less chances to do fraud. 
Edited by yhl0802
Mispelling people's name
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

@katthy Unfortunately for us, it is very hard to find old dramas of Zhu Yi Long in eng sub. I am pretty lucky because my country people seem to be more and more interested in chinese dramas these days, so there are quite a number of dramas that do not have eng sub, get translated to my language. Sadly, my luck stop at Love for Three Lifetimes:tears:. So for you that come from Indonesia, be happy that you can enjoy Border Town Prodigal, As Flower Fade and Fly Across the Sky, and Royal Sister Return fully subbed in Indonesian language.

I really hope that someone will continue the subbing for Border Town Prodigal. Even though this is not a good drama in term of storyline, this drama in my opinion really highlighted ZYL acting skill. My life is never the same after watching this drama. ZYL was re-defined what was called tragic character here. His inner pain, sadness and depression really wrenched my heart. Even when he smiled, you could still feel his inner pain. It was so perfect that it changed my way to evaluate an actor/actress in acting sad scene. I have read the novel too, and I say ZYL captured Fu Hong Xue nuances in the novel perfectly. This drama is the very culprit that made me unable to fully enjoy Ashes of Love. Therefore I wish that all ZYL fans can watch this drama. It is a great experience that can make you admire him even more.

Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang ..... ZYL was the only one that made me grit my teeth and continued on watching until the end. I hated the story, and the female lead frustrated me to no end.

• Like 2

@yhl0802 Thanks for the information and analysis! This is exactly the type of discussion I would hope to see here around these topics. Everyone staying calm, stating the facts and thinking about them carefully. Super interesting! These all sound like good directions in the entertainment industry. In my opinion it's also a very good thing that the lead actors' wages are tied to total production costs and other cast members wages, as long as they manage to keep an eye on the dark money. I think most of us have heard about the rather poor working conditions and compensations for crews in Korean and Chinese dramas, and hope that everyone, not just the main actors, gets rewarded for their work. As we saw from AvenueX's analysis, a lot of people's combined efforts bring about the results that we enjoy. (Or basically what we see from almost all ZYL's dramas, which suck, despite him being great in them ; )). 

Personally I don't really like voting on these lists etc, because it's a monumental waste of life, and they're pretty much all leeching off the real creators. If that industry collapsed, I feel like something more sensible could replace it. But I understand why people do it and how it helps the actors. It's just in my opinion 不值得 (=not worth it... I think). When I think about the combined time wasted on those stupid polls it makes me want to vomit, life is too short.

Although I maintain a healthy amount of skepticism about things in the world getting less corrupt (as opposed to just differently corrupt), I hope they actually manage to bring about some real changes for the better : )

• Like 1

@katthy Unfortunately for us, it is very hard to find old dramas of Zhu Yi Long in eng sub. I am pretty lucky because my country people seem to be more and more interested in chinese dramas these days, so there are quite a number of dramas that do not have eng sub, get translated to my language. Sadly, my luck stop at Love for Three Lifetimes:tears:. So for you that come from Indonesia, be happy that you can enjoy Border Town Prodigal, As Flower Fade and Fly Across the Sky, and Royal Sister Return fully subbed in Indonesian language.

@xienrue  you may have to misunderstood me, I'm not from Indonesia, I'm from Italy... :D
Unfortunatelly here there're no hopes to see old ZYL works translated in my language... It was a bless that at least Guardian has been translated from a very very good soul that loves BL dramas. She decided to translate the entire serie by herself (she's actually at ep 35), and of course it was translated also in english fortunately so I got the chance to watch it and know ZYL :wub:

not much hopes for others movie/series available in my language...  but I still hopes for some with eng subs...

I'm actually in seventh haven because on Viki at least started the eng translation for "Letting you float like a dream" 1518254695.gif

I really hope that someone will continue the subbing for Border Town Prodigal. Even though this is not a good drama in term of storyline, this drama in my opinion really highlighted ZYL acting skill. My life is never the same after watching this drama. ZYL was re-defined what was called tragic character here. His inner pain, sadness and depression really wrenched my heart. Even when he smiled, you could still feel his inner pain. It was so perfect that it changed my way to evaluate an actor/actress in acting sad scene. I have read the novel too, and I say ZYL captured Fu Hong Xue nuances in the novel perfectly. This drama is the very culprit that made me unable to fully enjoy Ashes of Love. Therefore I wish that all ZYL fans can watch this drama. It is a great experience that can make you admire him even more.

EXACTLY.... I still hope for this... the reasons you mentioned are the motives because I really would love to see this serie too

Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang ..... ZYL was the only one that made me grit my teeth and continued on watching until the end. I hated the story, and the female lead frustrated me to no end.

I agree with you again!!! and it's so frustrating that the only ZYL serie FULL available with eng subs and that I could watch is really this one... sob... -_-  BUT before or late I SWEARE that I'll watch also this one!!! :lol:

• Like 1

@katthy Hahahahahaha! Of course I know you are from Italy. I just want to let those who come from Indonesia know that they can enjoy those three dramas in our language (luckily:lol:) so that they don' t need to be frustrated with the lack of eng sub. Sorry, seems my wording was indeed rather ambiguous regarding whom I subjected my sentences for :sweatingbullets:

I feel pretty bad for you since I know that it will be very hard for European countries to have chinese dramas subbed to their language (or not?). I can understand your frustration perfectly since I often got frustrated searching for sub for my favorite Chinese drama and found nothing. Those indo subs actually come as surprise for me since I never realize that my country is that into Chinese drama (turn out I am out of date with my country preference). As far as I know, country that has abundant of subs for Chinese dramas is Vietnam. Chinese dramas are always have problem in subbing unlike Korean dramas. I think the language is more difficult to translate?! Not to mention the monstrous number of episodes. Anyway, ever since ZYL rise to popularity, I always wish that somebody will take the project of subbing old dramas of ZYL to english, the good ones especially that showcased his acting skill.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

I am new here.  I have a confession to make.  I’ve watched most of ZYL series, however, I remember the characters he played but not his face until Guardian.  I think he is hot in Guardian, but I didn’t really fall for him yet.  One day I watched his livestream video for 7M fans, that’s when I want to know more about him.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

@katthy Hahahahahaha! Of course I know you are from Italy. I just want to let those who come from Indonesia know that they can enjoy those three dramas in our language (luckily:lol:) so that they don' t need to be frustrated with the lack of eng sub. Sorry, seems my wording was indeed rather ambiguous regarding whom I subjected my sentences for :sweatingbullets:

ahahahhaa.. that's fine... we misunderstood each other then.... no problem dear! ^^

2 hours ago, xienrue said:

Anyway, ever since ZYL rise to popularity, I always wish that somebody will take the project of subbing old dramas of ZYL to english, the good ones especially that showcased his acting skill.

yes, that's what I'm hoping too... I hope with all my heart  :heart:

Welcome to new entry to the forum, enjoy! :)

• Like 1