Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

2 minutes ago, biskotmeri said:

No I live in Penang. Oh no, tomorrow?! That's too bad, I don't think I can join T___T But wow it's great that you guys have events like these, I wish I could join sometimes! 

If you want a ZYL small stand like this, I can give you one when I go to Penang next time:D1538715586x-1404792802.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, verliebtintraum said:

And I will share some old stuff)

I didn't see this video here, but if I missed it somehow, sorry for a sudden repeat.

In 2016 ZYL took part in the Parrot Kitchen show where he was baking a galaxy mirror cake) Which reminds me a lot his like-galaxy looks, the old and the new ones :P

English subtitles included :wub:

https://youtu.be/SWBbB5cfGlk

Thanks! I edited the first post yesterday or the day before with a link (great minds think alike, his starsuit reminded me : p). But if you have any other ideas about what I might add to the first post or any subbed videos from official sources then let me know : ) Did you notice how the interview in the beginning sounds different to his usual interview style? I think that's his hosting-persona : D It's how he talks for ads : D

@Sherry Chow Wow! You've built a whole shrine to him, only the candles are missing : D

I want to give my welcome to all the new fans that joined the forum, glad this fanbase is growing  ^_^

all righ, this is another video I saw on weibo about PhantaCity backstage where the director and staff (I think) and then also ZYL are talking about the show and I don't know what... I'd love to know what they're saying.... :sweatingbullets:

https://www.weibo.com/6532057137/GCdsU7QbH

and... this one too... with ZYL, director and the little adorable actress.... :wub:

https://www.weibo.com/6532057137/GCdRg54u2

Hello everyone~:heart:I'm here for the first time, but I read all your messages~I also have information about Yilong.Maybe you don't know .
But I don't speak very well English, so I'm sorry:wub:

- "I started playing the piano when I was four and a half years old and continued until I was 12 years old.After that, my mom went to Beijing with my dad, I was in Wuhan, so I locked the piano!" (The teacher said Yilong passed the exam in sixth grade
I didn't want to play, just.the boys have their reasons!When it came to practice, I'd go to the bathroom, and I'd sit there almost until school started, and then I'd run off to school.She stood next to me with a stick and forced me, so I ran away (laughs).
He also did not want to play the role of "monkey".His company forced him and etc

I'll translate that later and show you kkkkAnd I also have a photos........ButI do not understand how to insert a photo:DDDD

• Like 3

@alexcho25 Based on his interview with esquire magazine, I think for the monkey role he was really dubious (=doubtful/hesitant/suspicious) at first, but since he had to do it, he and the director took it seriously. But for sure (=certainly) it was a stupid character that didn't make much sense. Why was he so hairy; why did he wear a loincloth (=skirt), if he didn't have any people around him (modesty is for societies, I spend all my summers naked in my room :p); why did he use his fingers like an ape (using his knuckles to touch things), the only apes in China are gibbons and they don't knuckle-walk. Basically they just wanted some sort of weird yeti-tarzan and then ZYL was forced to comply. But still the emotions of the character despite all this were well conveyed. :) and he said it made him more perseverant (=persistent, unrelenting, resolute). What can't he put up with, after all he played the monkey :)

• Like 5

@katthyHere is what they are talking about in this clip 

https://www.weibo.com/6532057137/GCdsU7QbH?type=comment

Wei Xiao (The Director) (The guy initially wears a white shirt with black stripes and then in later scene he wears a black shirt and a black hat and lastly he was wearing a gray shirt)
Zhang Ying: (The director of photography )(The guy with beard, wearing a black shirt and a black hat)

Wei Xiao : They are so many edit points in this program, so it is understandable that it is more difficult (than others).
Zhang Ying: There are about 49 cue points in this short program .  Usually the entire episode of Phantacity won’t reach 49 cue points. 

Wei Xiao : (touching his chin ) Cut too early … (the screen shows the bloopers in the recording of rehearsals
Wei Xiao : Of cause I have concerns but I am not really worried because I have been working with all crew members and none of them was panicking. We just need to practice a few more times. Therefore I have never give the team any pressure ,nor I want to give myself any pressure.

Then the screen shows the team working together reviewing the footage and searching for solutions
ZYL: At the point when I was the handling the hat, the hat didn’t fallen as expected, it happened twice.

Zhang Ying: It happened here

Wei Xiao:(Standing up and pointing to the monitor) At this point, we can move the hat a bit further to give elbow room to this guy to move to the bar street 。。。

Wei Xiao: As for my work related obsession compulsion, I never afraid of any difficulties . As long as you love the challenge , you will be able to make it happen

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@katthyHere is the translation for this footage

https://www.weibo.com/6532057137/GCdRg54u2?type=comment

2 hours before the final filming of Phantacity 

ZYL was greeting a director called Liu Weiqiang

ZYL: Hi, my name is Zhu Yilong

Liu Weiqiang: We are in agony …
ZYL: Really, is it very painful?
Liu Weiqiang: (Joking )Yes, it is and be careful. Make up your mind after watching this program..
ZYL: (Smiling)Yeah, I got you..

The next screen (after watching the rehearsal)
Staff: How do you feel?
ZYL: I want to quit..

Staff: ??
ZYL: So difficult…
Staff: Please don’t do that…
ZYL: I was expecting something more or less similar to what we are doing in a filming site, I should gain more confidence after watching the rehearsal.  But I after I watched it, it is much more difficult than I expected, I want to quit…

Weixiao: It is very exciting, I can feel the excitement for him..
ZYL: It is too exciting… Never mind… I just need time to digest this, shoot the director first please.

Weixiao: It is not like I don’t feel  nervous ,but I just cannot expose it ..

ZYL: I know.. How do you feel after watching the rehearsal ?

Weixiao: I am scared.

The screen with ZYL and Jiuyue, the little girl

Jiuyue: Could you try it on to see if you can wear it? (A nail sticker)
ZYL: OK let me try.
ZYL:DO I look weird wearing this?
Jiuyue: Yes, very weird. Very very weird.
ZYL: Very very weird?
Jiuyue tickles ZYL
ZYL: How come it gets more itchy after you tickled me?
Jiuyue: How much is 6 plus 6 and plus 6?
Staff: Are you getting called or punished by your teachers in classes because you are too  talkative ? 
Jiuyue: Never, I raise my hand every time.
ZYL: Please put your hands down..
Jiuyue: I’ll discuss non-class related subjects after class.
ZYL: After class…
Jiuyue: But now we are not in a class.
Weixiao: She has the ability to avoid getting punished … She can make you feel bad when punishing her

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Thanks! I edited the first post yesterday or the day before with a link (great minds think alike, his starsuit reminded me : p). But if you have any other ideas about what I might add to the first post or any subbed videos from official sources then let me know : ) Did you notice how the interview in the beginning sounds different to his usual interview style? I think that's his hosting-persona : D It's how he talks for ads : D

Hehe, truly! I didn't check the first post for quite a long time, but it was great to find the video from "Run for time". I actually don't have any ideas about adding something to the first post, it's more than sufficient, you did a great job! 

ZYL hosting style is super cool, I would say :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yhl0802 said:

@katthyHere is the translation for this footage

OMG OMG YOU'RE AMAZING you know?!!!!  you translated both vid in time 0... so quick... you can't even imagine how grateful I am!!!  you're my safety net (and assume of others LOL) 1518253604.gif1518254684.gif

I'd like to bother you just with one last video.... https://www.weibo.com/6306582185/GCark7qxz?

I'm blushing of shame... but really this bts from "Letting you float like a dream" is too funny... expecially I'd love to know what ZYL says in the kitchen that makes bust everyone in laugh before the throwing flour game lol
of course... WHEN YOU HAVE FREE TIME.... THANK YOU FOR THOUSAND TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  1518253597.gif

7 hours ago, yhl0802 said:

Then the screen shows the team working together reviewing the footage and searching for solutions
ZYL: At the point when I was the handling the hat, the hat didn’t fallen as expected, it happened twice.

Zhang Ying: It happened here

Wei Xiao:(Standing up and pointing to the monitor) At this point, we can move the hat a bit further to give elbow room to this guy to move to the bar street

Wei Xiao: As for my work related obsession compulsion, I never afraid of any difficulties . As long as you love the challenge , you will be able to make it happen

wow they really studied everything, put attention to every detail, it was granted that the show would ended up so well constructed and done!!!  They ALL did a giant work together1518253605.gif

6 hours ago, yhl0802 said:

The next screen (after watching the rehearsal)
Staff: How do you feel?
ZYL: I want to quit..

Staff: ??
ZYL: So difficult…
Staff: Please don’t do that…
ZYL: I was expecting something more or less similar to what we are doing in a filming site, I should gain more confidence after watching the rehearsal.  But I after I watched it, it is much more difficult than I expected, I want to quit…

Weixiao: It is very exciting, I can feel the excitement for him..
ZYL: It is too exciting… Never mind… I just need time to digest this, shoot the director first please.

Weixiao: It is not like I don’t feel  nervous ,but I just cannot expose it ..

ZYL: I know.. How do you feel after watching the rehearsal ?

Weixiao: I am scared.

was exactly this part that was concerning me... I saw in their face that something wasn't exactly ok even without understand a word... geez... they have got several problems to solve... but...
I'm lost here... after they saw the rehearsal I don't get of what they're scared off or worried or what is more difficult then what they expected....    omg ZYL need time to digest it... even the director says he's scared.... OMG!!! I would like to understand what's wrong 1518250971.gif
You guys any idea?

4 hours ago, katthy said:

was exactly this part that was concerning me... I saw in their face that something wasn't exactly ok even without understand a word... geez... they have got several problems to solve... but...
I'm lost here... after they saw the rehearsal I don't get of what they're scared off or worried or what is more difficult then what they expected....    omg ZYL need time to digest it... even the director says he's scared.... OMG!!! I would like to understand what's wrong 1518250971.gif
You guys any idea?

I think this interview is after they took a look at an earlier filming several weeks before to get a better understand of what the show is like... but they didn't realize at that time that it is even more difficult then they expected...this is their initial reactions lol but later on they took it hands on and delivered excellent work as we can all play witness to it. To be honest, this is extremely challenging and difficult because everyone and I mean not only ZYL, the girl, and the director but all the cameramen, the musician, and behind the scene crew have to coordinate to deliver this masterpiece. I heard they have over 49 cues (I assume this is when they switch cameras) which means that they have to cut to the next scene at exactly the right moment (we are talking about seconds here) otherwise, something will go wrong (a crew appearing randomly on screen lol) They can easily cut that down and let one camera follow ZYL a bit but that will demolish the whole feeling of the story. The camera angle have to be right and on time as well as the live music. Also, every time ZYL is not on screen, he is actually running to the next scene and it shows how physically fit he is to be able to keep running though the scenes but not in anyone of the scenes do you feel that he is out of breath (except when it ended and he comes out on stage, it is obvious he is sweating) Amazing!!! 

I think @siobhanne posted a link to Avenue X's analysis of the entire stage and a walkthrough of the entire performance. It is truly amazing what they accomplished here and I just love it even more!!! 

• Like 4

@BreezeC It wasn't me, it was qjys, I just posted some of people's sketches of the run.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:30 PM, qjys said:

AvenueX made a video based on her understanding of the transition of the scenes for the performance of Ugly.  https://www.bilibili.com/video/av32884153

I think I watched Clown/Ugly about 4-5 times, but now I just carry it in my heart. I will definitely keep an eye on this director and see what else he is up to. I still haven't seen the classics with Jiang Wen. I hope Longge gets to work with him again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BreezeC said:

I think this interview is after they took a look at an earlier filming several weeks before to get a better understand of what the show is like... but they didn't realize at that time that it is even more difficult then they expected...this is their initial reactions lol but later on they took it hands on and delivered excellent work as we can all play witness to it. To be honest, this is extremely challenging and difficult because everyone and I mean not only ZYL, the girl, and the director but all the cameramen, the musician, and behind the scene crew have to coordinate to deliver this masterpiece. I heard they have over 49 cues (I assume this is when they switch cameras) which means that they have to cut to the next scene at exactly the right moment (we are talking about seconds here) otherwise, something will go wrong (a crew appearing randomly on screen lol) They can easily cut that down and let one camera follow ZYL a bit but that will demolish the whole feeling of the story. The camera angle have to be right and on time as well as the live music. Also, every time ZYL is not on screen, he is actually running to the next scene and it shows how physically fit he is to be able to keep running though the scenes but not in anyone of the scenes do you feel that he is out of breath (except when it ended and he comes out on stage, it is obvious he is sweating) Amazing!!! 

I think @siobhanne posted a link to Avenue X's analysis of the entire stage and a walkthrough of the entire performance. It is truly amazing what they accomplished here and I just love it even more!!! 

oh... ok I didn't understand they watched an earlier filming to better understand of what the show is like... and this was kind of their firts impression... Now I can understand  their reaction... poor men...  unsure.gif 

Yeah I imagined that EVERYTHING should have worked perfectly, right in time, everything coordinated... to get the MAGNIFICENT result they get... I LOVE SO MUCH this performance also because of this difficulties they went through!!! 1518253604.gif

and yes... ZYL was really sweat at the and of the performance and I imagined that it must have been really exausting, not just because of the expectations and his personal acting to deliver but also for the fisicality required, all the things that could have goes wrong along the way, the unforeseen variable to have a little girl acting on stage and much more...
I watched the show at least 10 times... I can't get over it... it's on my heart 1518250840.gif

On 10/4/2018 at 11:42 AM, qjys said:

Translation of this part: 

He Jiong (the host): I’d like to ask, the theatre is called Pig One Dragon. Why not Red One Dragon? Is there a reason behind it?

Zhu Yilong: The director asked for the name of the theatre. I think the story is a little, a little bit absurd. (So) I said I didn't mind to make fun of myself.

He Jiong: There is something else that I’d like to ask. Did you get lost and open a wrong door or was it designed.

Zhu Yilong: I was stunned for an instant and my mind was blank. I am so familiar with (the setting) as I need to go back and forth in this setting three times. I lost track. (did it right once in rehearsal but hit the light. Director: it is so vivid, so vivid.)

*helpless*

He Jiong: Luckily you realized it when you opened the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me: I don’t understand why they think the story is absurd. I thought absurd play was different. This show somehow reminds me of Charles Dickens. Would anyone shed a light for me?

I feel perhaps the play is more abstract, that is, it is open to interpretation. So any name he gives himself can be understood from the viewer's point of view. Red one Dragon is too much grandeur for a lowly clown so Pig one Dragon is more self depreciating, like a clown who makes fun of himself publicly for a living. Thanks for translation:)

It could also refer to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_of_the_Absurd

In his book Absurd Drama (1965), Esslin wrote:

... the Theatre of the Absurd attacks the comfortable certainties of religious or political orthodoxy. It aims to shock its audience out of complacency, to bring it face to face with the harsh facts of the human situation as these writers see it. But the challenge behind this message is anything but one of despair. It is a challenge to accept the human condition as it is, in all its mystery and absurdity, and to bear it with dignity, nobly, responsibly; precisely because there are no easy solutions to the mysteries of existence, because ultimately man is alone in a meaningless world. The shedding of easy solutions, of comforting illusions, may be painful, but it leaves behind it a sense of freedom and relief. And that is why, in the last resort, the Theatre of the Absurd does not provoke tears of despair but the laughter of liberation.

On 10/4/2018 at 7:35 AM, Sherry Chow said:

The screenwriter of The Lost Tomb said she has already joined to work in the studio, it means the shooting will start soon.

Isn't she the writer for Sand Sea as well. The whole writing team will be the same. I am wondering if it will be okay.

Thanks to everyone for translations and contributions.:heart:

@siobhanne could you tell if there was a live broadcast for Sydney and the link to it or just the vids you posted?

• Like 1

Here is the translation for this video

October 1st, 2018 QQ Music PhantaCity ZYL post-credits 

Question.About filming

What is the difference between watching this program as an audience and as guest performer today?

ZYL: It is totally different for sure. As an audience, even you know you are going to participant this program someday but at that time I think it was still far away. I just got a rough idea what’s the format of this program look like. But when you really joined the program, when you need to getting into every details, that’s very different.

(Screen text : Not really )

Question. About the program

What attached you to participate in PhantaCity ?

ZYL: It is a new challenge, because I’ve been filming for a very long time and I seldom go out, I always stay at the filming site, there is not that much chance for audiences to see me. For me, PhantaCity is a very interesting thing, and it allows audiences to see me, so I think it is a very nice thing to do.

Question. About the theme

What would you like to express in this theme? The core ideas and where is the inspiration come from?

ZYL: I really don’t know how to describe the core idea of this story, I cannot really summarize this.. this subject. 

(Screen text : Panicking hands )

ZYL: But when I was working on this story, I feel I must strengthen myself. Your heart needs to be stronger when you are growing up gradually. Along the way, at some points, there might be a savior who can help you, but you cannot really wait for this savior to show up or looking for this savior, so you have to make yourself strong and find your way out

(Screen text : Full of positive energy)

ZYL: For the clown, I don’t want to portray him as a vaudevillian, I don’t think this fits the story very well.

(Screen text: A strong-minded boy)

ZYL: And this will add extra burden to my performance. The mime format allows more interactions, more communication between the clown and the little girl, that is why I chose mime.

Question. About singing 

How do you normally practice singing?

Do you have any plan to issue your own single?

ZYL: I really don’t feel comfortable singing nowadays because I didn’t practice much recently, how could I …

(Screen text : Being modest)

ZYL: What I can present is the primitive thing, I only have what I learned from college but right now I am too busy to practice singing. I’ve been filming all the time, singing is more like a hobby to me. I like singing, so if I have time, I would to practice more and learn more .

(Screen text : An earnest boy)

ZYL: When I have time and if I am still interested in singing(I might publish my singles), I don’t want to purposely publishing a single song.

Question. Personal preference on songs

Could you share what type of songs do you like to listen in your leisure time ?

ZYL: I like all kinds of music, old ones, new ones, and songs that everybody listen to. I really like old songs, I like singers such as Zhang Xueyou and Chen Yixun, I like many of their songs

(Screen text : How about Faye Wong?

ZYL: As for Faye Wong,  I really like some of her songs such as “The red bean” and “I am willing”, those songs have been added to my Loop Playback list

Question. About nickname

Do you know your fans make a new nick name for you?

The nickname is “朱一鱼(fish

(Screen text : 朱一鱼)

ZYL: 朱一鱼, why?

(Screen text : could you guess why people calling you 朱一鱼?

(Screen text : Let me think about it

ZYL: What is 朱一鱼? 

(Screen text : Adorkable

ZYL:7 seconds of memory

ZYLWhy

(Screen text : You really don’t why people calling you 朱一鱼?

ZYLI have no idea..

ZYL: How come I only have 7 seconds of memory? 

Staff: I don’t know..

ZYL: You don’t know either?

Staff: Fans created many nicknames for you, some are based on your products, some are based on your personal characteristic or your life style, among them, which one do you like the most? For example, “居老师 ju laosi” “longge” “paopaolong” and “朱一鱼 Zhu Yiyu”

(Note: “Ju” is how people from Wuhan pronounce “Zhu”; laosi is Wuhan’s pronunciation for laoshi-teacher)

(Screen text : “ju laosi”, “longge” “paopaolong,Zhu Yiyu

ZYL: All of them are so funny.. If people like them, whatever they want to call me, I am fine with it.

Staff: Is there any favorite nickname?

(Screen text :No favorite nickname)

ZYL: Each nickname represents certain time period. For example “居老师 ju laosi”, it is because during Guardian’s period, people like the role(Shen Wei) and I am from Wuhan, hence the “Ju”. As for paopaolong, people think you are online all the time, there was a time period I will go online and skim through Weibo very often.

(NOTE: There is an app for tracking if someone is visiting Weibo, many Chinese fans installed this app on their cell phone so wherever their idol is playing with Weibo, they will be notified, paopao means bubble, which is a word to describe someone is online in Chinese internet )

Questions. About local dialect

Please use Wuhan dialect to say the most favorite line in this program

(ZYL speaks the following sentences in Wuhan accent instead of Mandarin)

ZYL: Do you need someone to take care of you?

(Screen text :Is that enough)?

ZYL: Are we done?

ZYL: Why?

Staff: Just 2 sentences? There are so few lines in this story…

(Screen text :Would you like to say Hello to everyone using Wuhan dialect)?

ZYL: Hello everybody, I am Zhu Yilong..

(Screen text : Where are you looking at?)

ZYL: Hello everybody, I am Zhu Yilong, welcome to watch “PhantaCity”

(Screen text :Hope everybody likes me)

(Screen text :I feel embarrassed saying that)

ZYL:Whether you like me or not, please watch our program..

(Screen text :adorable )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7