Genre: Drama / Fantasy / Legal / Romance / Comedy

Episodes: 16

Broadcast Network: tvN

Release Date: May 6th - June 25th, 2019

Runtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Official Website: HERE

Director: Yoo Je Won

Writer: Moon Soo Yeon

Production: Studio Dragon (past works: The Good Wife, The Smile Has Left Your Eyes)

Synopsis

“Abyss” is about a beautiful female prosecution lawyer and a less attractive guy who are revived through an abyss with completely different looks, twisting their lives and romance. Park Bo Young will play the prosecution lawyer who tries to find out the secrets behind her revival and discovers true love in the process.

Cast & Characters

Park Bo Young as Go Se Yeon

f132005585211172252(0).png

Ahn Hyo Seop as Cha Min

f132005586914547171(0).png

Character Chart

f132007325225166638(0).jpg

Trailer:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [2019 TVN Upcoming Drama] Abyss 어비스 - Park Boyoung
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [2019 Upcoming Drama] Abyss 어비스 - Park Bo Young
  • Guest changed the title to [2019 Upcoming Drama] TVN Abyss 어비스 - Park Bo Young - Broadcast Date: 1st Half of 2019
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Abyss 어비스 - Park Bo Young - Broadcast Date: 1st Half of 2019
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really excited that PBY is in a drama again, but it's been so long and they haven't had a male lead yet, which makes me even more curious. I'll definitely stay around to see who's gonna be the male lead! I feel like from the description, they would have cast younger actor in general, maybe those in their 20s.. but I could be wrong :-?

On 9/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, jongski said:

Any news? Hint may be who's going to be the male lead?

Hmmn. .. of less attractive a guy....  who could be that actor.  every  actors looks good anyway.    How old is the guy suppose to be? 

Hello everyone!

Looking forward to this drama.

Soulswitching dramas tend to always be fun. :D

Actually NOT a less atrractive guy.

This is a short description of the drama from

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/park-bo-young-tackles-two-different-appearances-in-tvns-abyss/   :

"centering around a beautiful female prosecutor and a hideously ugly man who, through a mysterious and magical soul-reviving abyss, are reborn into a completely average-looking woman and a beautiful man, respectively"

So at 1st the female lead us beautiful and she is reborn into becoming average, and the male lead is only ugly at 1st but is then reborn into becoming handsome.

So they'll probably cast a not so good looking guy playing the ugly male lead at 1st episode then the good looking actor takes over the role as the handsome male lead. This is how they did for the drama ComeBackMister, and it's probably the most logical thing to do rather than try to make a handsome actor ugly at the beginning.

Still dont know how they'll manage to make PBY only average lol, but hey at least it states "average" and not "ugly" that would be impossible! :sweatingbullets:

So playing the handsome male lead, here's my top picks who'd fit not only the role but could be cute with PBY:

T.O.P.

Kim Jung Hyun

Yoo Ah In (and he's a very masterful kisser too! )

Woo Do Hwan

Jung Joon Young

Jung Yong Hwa

• 4 weeks later...

Yoon Shi Yoon please... :). He's free to do a drama now...and there's the connection with Cha TaeHyun from 2D1N.  I adore PBY, she's the cutest thing... Although I am not sure how any male lead will fit the description of "hideously ugly" :lol:

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, lingx2 said:

Finally some update on the male lead :wub:

Ahn Hyo Seop In Talks To Star Opposite Park Bo Young In New tvN Drama

Thank you!  I hope this casting happens. Ahn Hyo Seop is one of my favourite rising young actors and Park Bo Young is always good and appears to have a great eye for picking projects :heart:

Didn't know there was already a thread for this one^^. Thank you. Can't wait for this! Let's see if Ahn Hyo Seop accepts this, I wanted to see him with Kim Yoo Jung before but then he withdraw because of schedule conflict, and then he turned down the offer to star with Kim So Hyun. Let's see what he's gonna do now that it's goddess Bo Young..ha ha. :D

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Does anyone know about any other works from this writer?  I've read this is the same director as "Oh My Ghostess" which is very promising :D

Is the writer the same? According to Asianwiki, the writer for this drama is Moon Soo Yun tho. For OMG, it says it's Yang Hee Seung, unless it's wrong ^.^.

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Is the writer the same? According to Asianwiki, the writer for this drama is Moon Soo Yun tho. For OMG, it says it's Yang Hee Seung, unless it's wrong ^.^.

No, I mean the Oh My Ghostess director is the director for Abyss. 

The writer for Abyss is Moon Soo Yun but I was just wondering about his/her other work.

3 hours ago, raziela said:

No, I mean the Oh My Ghostess director is the director for Abyss. 

The writer for Abyss is Moon Soo Yun but I was just wondering about his/her other work.

Lol..I misread it...ha ha. Ugly Young-A is the other work this writer did. Not familiar with it though.

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Lol..I misread it...ha ha. Ugly Young-A is the other work this writer did. Not familiar with it though.

LOL!  That's OK!  I've never heard of that either.  Let's hope for a good script.  

Archived