[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold up...so I'm not caught up on the drama cuz my friend started watching again so we're gonna watch the last 4 eps together this week. But I caught a preview on Insta and....ummm WHAT? CM dies?!? That better be some cruel joke. I don't know if I can handle that! 

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Was the 7th rule revealed in this episode? I won't be able to watch until much later (~ 9 hours more :().

But seriously, CM dies??! 

The 7th rule is that if the abyss light's disappear the owner will disappear as well so if they'll use the last chance for abyss cha min will disappear

CM defintely will be back with SE but where did he go during the missing days and will he reappear as CM again?. I remember the wedding photo  posted by the staff SY is still with short hair?  so when did they took the photo since SY is back to long hair after the time skip? I really hope they'll not just give us a few mins to our OTP since they're the only resaon I'm still staying with this drama :tears:

So many cute and happy moments (I love the scene with Sy’s dad and when they drunk moved and kicked CM’s mom out of her room lol) and then boom the last Abyss rules pops up and we know it will be one of those ugh why?!? kind of last episodes. 

12 hours ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

Thanks for the screenshots for episode 15!  I'm so used to thanking our regular screenshot provider @lingx2 I didn't realise you had also postined screenshots for the episodes too.  Thank you so much to you too!:grin:

We were discussing last week that Shady Seo/Oh Tae jun only got a new hair cut but it seems like he has a scar now too.  All his scenes last week post-revival were dark so it was hard to see but it was quite prominent today. Wonder if they will explain how or why?

11 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Hold up...so I'm not caught up on the drama cuz my friend started watching again so we're gonna watch the last 4 eps together this week. But I caught a preview on Insta and....ummm WHAT? CM dies?!? That better be some cruel joke. I don't know if I can handle that! 

Not yet but seems he will in the last episode:tears: He will return eventually as we have pictures of them filming :)

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

The 7th rule is that if the abyss light's disappear the owner will disappear as well so if they'll use the last chance for abyss cha min will disappear

I wonder if he will even have to use it.  I think the light of the marble is dimming gradually now it is on purple.  I can't find the exact posts but I remember some posters a few weeks ago wondered if the colours of the rainbow were a clue to the life of the marble and they were correct! I'm confused when the drama characters realised this as it was never discussed onscreen but SY was saying in ep. 15 how the marble being purple must mean it was almost running out.

1 hour ago, lingx2 said:

CM defintely will be back with SE but where did he go during the missing days and will he reappear as CM again?. I remember the wedding photo  posted by the staff SY is still with short hair?  so when did they took the photo since SY is back to long hair after the time skip? I really hope they'll not just give us a few mins to our OTP since they're the only resaon I'm still staying with this drama :tears:

I've noticed in K- and C-dramas sometimes couple's take their wedding photos before the actual wedding so maybe they did that after they officially got engaged in episode 15 before he disappears. 

38 minutes ago, stella77 said:

So many cute and happy moments (I love the scene with Sy’s dad and when they drunk moved and kicked CM’s mom out of her room lol) and then boom the last Abyss rules pops up and we know it will be one of those ugh why?!? kind of last episodes. 

Shady/Oh Tae jin has to appear to for "one last kidnapping" as @ck1Oz accurately stated :lol:

I really liked the scene with young CM and SY.  I feel like teenage SY gave CM another chance to make one more  wish after she rejected his list and was hoping he would wish for her to be his girlfriend but -as always-Cha Min backed down to quickly. Also loved Min's scene with SY's dad and CM's mum having her bed invaded:lol:  Oh and Dong Cheol's team "finding" the scissors at shady's home once they obtained an arrest warrant was so funny :lol:  So amy cute moments especially the part with the shirts, SY showing Mi, her sunburn/engagement ring, Min stealing her ice cream LMAO!

Cardboard Guy remains mysterious...

On 6/15/2019 at 5:09 PM, lingx2 said:

I just noticed that the clothes that CM wearing is the couple t shirt. Will this be the scene that CM and SY meet again and does it related to the words/advices that the old man was telling CM when he was drunk?

62606430-902295606778258-527341773262266

2 hours ago, raziela said:

We were discussing last week that Shady Seo/Oh Tae jun only got a new hair cut but it seems like he has a scar now too.  All his scenes last week post-revival were dark so it was hard to see but it was quite prominent today. Wonder if they will explain how or why?

It's not super clear, but in Seo's flashback of YC on his deathbed trying to whisper something in his ear, it looked like there was a similar scar on his neck too.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Cardboard Guy remains mysterious...

Such a bummer. I was hoping we would find out who/what is the cardboard ahjussi by now. I wonder what he meant by CM following the sound of his destiny.

4 hours ago, stella77 said:

You're right - there were a lot of cute and happy moments! A fellow drama friend had told me to be warned when we get a flood of cute and happy moments when we're not quite in the clear for the ending. It's a premonition that something bad is going to happen. Looks like it based on the preview (sigh...). I hope the nonsense doesn't get dragged out. I still want to see SY truly come back to her mom and dad. Plus, a fulfilling ending of the OTP.

I have to mention my fave part. It was where CM and SY were apologizing to CM's mom for the bed incident and their roles were reversed. I LMAO'd when the mom asked SY if she was going to marry her son and she responded that after she sorts out the complications in her life, she will ask for CM's hand in marriage and hopes that the mom approves of them then. CM's beaming smile after that was just so adorable and he looked so proud of SY. Then fast-forward to the end. SY really does pull out a ring and ask CM for his hand in marriage. CM blushing and joking about it not being his style was just too cute. If only the writer could write the mystery/crime part of the story just as well as the rom-com, it would be a much more fluid drama.

13 minutes ago, lingx2 said:

I just noticed that the clothes that CM wearing is the couple t shirt. Will this be the scene that CM and SY met again and does it related to the words/advices that the old man was telling CM when he was drunk?

Hmmm interesting...that would mean that they won't reunite until after a time skip :tears:? If so, I hope that it doesn't just stop there for the couple. Like you, I don't want it to end with just a few minutes of the couple. Crossing my fingers that we'll get a proper happy ending!

2 hours ago, lingx2 said:

I just noticed that the clothes that CM wearing is the couple t shirt. Will this be the scene that CM and SY meet again and does it related to the words/advices that the old man was telling CM when he was drunk?

So he will disappear that day? I suppose the advice will help him find his way back to SY eventually somehow. I will be so disappointed if it just ends with them seeing each other for the first time again.

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

It's not super clear, but in Seo's flashback of YC on his deathbed trying to whisper something in his ear, it looked like there was a similar scar on his neck too.

I'm not sure because Dong Cheol mentions it in ep. 15 but nobody had mentioned it previously and I'm sure we would have noticed it before. I will have to go and look at some earlier episodes. If it is part of his revival it probably won't be explained anyway as the drama seems to have given up explaining the inconsistent revivals.

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I have to mention my fave part. It was where CM and SY were apologizing to CM's mom for the bed incident and their roles were reversed.

Spoiler

I LMAO'd when the mom asked SY if she was going to marry her son and she responded that after she sorts out the complications in her life, she will ask for CM's hand in marriage and hopes that the mom approves of them then. CM's beaming smile after that was just so adorable and he looked so proud of SY. Then fast-forward to the end. SY really does pull out a ring and ask CM for his hand in marriage. CM blushing and joking about it not being his style was just too cute.

Loved these scenes too! :lol:

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

If only the writer could write the mystery/crime part of the story just as well as the rom-com, it would be a much more fluid drama.

This basically summarises the major problem. The writer actually does a nice job with the comedy and romance but, unfortunately, she decided to put the focus of her writing on the mystery/crime which is clearly the weak point and fell flat. If the writer had stayed in her lane and focused primarily on the rom-com aspect and made the internal fantasy rules more consistent this could have been a great drama. 

Hello @Dramanoona Nice to see you on the thread again.  Hoping for a happy ending too!

@lingx2Thanking you in advance for screenshots and for keeping us updated during airing and updated on everything over the last 16 weeks

giphy.gif 

I am going to stay off the thread until I can watch the subtitles tonight so as to not spoil myself any further for the last episode.  Will talk to you all on the thread later :blush:

Archived