[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

I feel really bad for her, too. She can't say anything and it's her family.

I honestly love PBY's crying scene, she makes it soo real and hurtful. 

Agree with PBY's crying scene. I remember this scene in SWDBS, where she was begging Min Hyuk to go while crying her heart out. There's something in the way she cries that just tugs at your heart strings, making you feel the same hurt she's trying to portray :D.

43 minutes ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

probably SY's father

Probably.

so sad to see the rating droppng to 2 :(

Abyss-EP5-Rating.png

From what I know the script already out to at least EP12 but I still wished the writer will do some changes to the storyline and reduce the abusive scene. Now I have a phobia whenever YC appeared :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, lingx2 said:

so sad to see the rating droppng to 2 :(

From what I know the script already out to at least EP12 but I still wished the writer will do some changes to the storyline and reduce the abusive scene. Now I have a phobia whenever YC appeared :sweatingbullets:

Sad about the ratings but I'm not surprised. They aren't listening to the criticisms from last week ( I didn't read the K-nets reaction for this ep. 5 yet as I expect it won't be good): No one wants to see so many Yong Chul scenes or scenes of him killing people.  We all know he is a violent murderer. We don't need to see each victim and how he kills them.  He isn't an interesting clever or appealing villain. We know nothing about his motives (not that they will justify his behaviour) and there is no suspense as we are following him around all the time so we know exactly what he is doing.  Even if they shot the violent scenes, there is no reason they can't cut them out.  I'm wondering if the actor playing Yong Chul is expensive or something because he gets so much screen time lmao!:lol:

Anyway, ep 5 Seyeon was smart working mostly on her own in this episode. PBY did a great job carrying the ep. Except I don't understand why it still took so long to just ask Hee Jin why she lied. It would have made things a lot easier!  And I wonder how she knew YC would take out the abyss orb when he was near Min. I guess she was just hoping he would. LOL @ Corpse!Min in a wig! Not how I was expecting him to be revived. Unfortunately it looks like YC still has the orb but I don't really understand what he is going to do with it.  This guy just goes around murdering people indiscriminately so what is the benefit of a orb that resurrects the dead to him exactly?

What happened to the revived landlady?

After this episode it's obvious that Hee Jin and Shady Seo are Young Chul's kids. We also saw young Hee Jin was ugly so that might have something to do with her revived look. YC was also abusive back then and likely killed HJ's mother.

Looks like YC goes after Seyeon's family next :tears:  I'm glad Cha Min is back next episode. 

Wow, not sure what to think of today's episode. I agree that there's way too much violence and killing. Probably more than necessary to emphasize that it's a crime drama. (Write/director - Please don't forget the rom-com too.) They could have omitted the gruesome scenes and used that airtime to bring CM back sooner.

Also, I wasn't a fan of HJ also knowing about the Abyss and the truth about them all being revived by it. In the end, I don't think she did much to help SY's plan to revive CM. And she's still claiming that she's pregnant with CM's baby :huh:?!

PBY did a superb job carrying this episode pretty much by herself though. At least we know she'll have CM back by the beginning of the next episode. Looking forward to their reunion. Loved how she throws her arms around him with so much happiness in the preview! :)

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Wow, not sure what to think of today's episode. I agree that there's way too much violence and killing. Probably more than necessary to emphasize that it's a crime drama. (Write/director - Please don't forget the rom-com too.) They could have omitted the gruesome scenes and used that airtime to bring CM back sooner.

Also, I wasn't a fan of HJ also knowing about the Abyss and the truth about them all being revived by it. In the end, I don't think she did much to help SY's plan to revive CM. And she's still claiming that she's pregnant with CM's baby :huh:?!

PBY did a superb job carrying this episode pretty much by herself though. At least we know she'll have CM back by the beginning of the next episode. Looking forward to their reunion. Loved how she throws her arms around him with so much happiness in the preview! :)

I don't think all the violence is necessary even if it is a crime drama. It doesn't need to happen onscreen or show us all the dead bodies. There's nothing new in those scenes and we already know what YC is and how he operates. The screen time could be utilised better on the characters we actually care about as you said. 

The drama seems to have forgotten about the rom-com and isn't make much use of the new body premise or SY and CM's relationship.  Maybe we can hope for something in episode 6? They are best together!:D

HJ was useless except for helping SY to finally make a link to her and YC. I felt like they just had her in this episode so SY had someone to interact with. How long is that stupid girl going to lie about being pregnant?  It's going to be pretty obvious she is lying in a few weeks!

I agree PBY did a great job shouldering most of the episode alone. I'm looking forward to their reunion too. She was so happy in the preview! It will be nice to see them together again.  However, unless we learn something new next week it does seem like killing off Min was pretty pointless apart from a convenient way for YC to get the abyss marble.

1 hour ago, lingx2 said:

Abyss 2nd OST ‘Fallin’’ by 김필 will be released today.

link : http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20190521/95618478/1

Thank you!

Did they explain how HJ's face  returns to normal? I remember her face turned old when she revived?

I watched with sub but I don't think they explained to it unless I missed a part when I fast forward certain scene :sweatingbullets:

*me at the last scene*

giphy.gif

I love how twisted it is at the end of episode 3! I didn't anticipate with what SY did at the last scene and proves how clever she is.

I still don't understand YC's motives on killing people, is he killing those who annoys him? But judging from the past scene, I think YC is mentally sick lol.

HJ is YC's daughter and I'm convinced that Prosecutor Seo is his son. When YC is calling at the hospital lot, the other line sounds like Seo and he's the one who tells YC that his fingerprints did not change. If that's true, Seo is his father's accomplice and might be the one who actually killed SY. As for HJ, I'm sure she will come around and help SY and CM on the case. Probably to avenge her mother's death. 

1 hour ago, lingx2 said:

Did they explain how HJ's face  returns to normal? I remember her face turned old when she revived?

I watched with sub but I don't think they explained to it unless I missed a part when I fast forward certain scene :sweatingbullets:

I was wondering the same thing! Maybe her missing eyebrows and freckles were just temporary or like a side effect of her being alive again. Or maybe she applied some make up lol.

Lastly, I want to appreciate Detective DC. He is such a sweetheart who's so in love with MD hahaha. I love how he covered SY/MD's eyes:wub: [fighting Lee Si Eon our 3 idiots captain >< (ILA fans will understand this hihi)] And the real MD!! The second she comes in to the picture, it'll be chaotic.

I'll be right back to this forum when I've prepare my heart to see SY being beaten up and watching it tonight TT.

My comment...

Oh Yeong Cheol aka PsychoDoctorResurrectedOldMan is even worse than Park Il-Do....(Guest fans will know who I mean).

He has multiple lives and is soooo smart to get away from the police every time.

But YAY for Min's revival!

18 hours ago, lingx2 said:

They didn't explain but I think she was just using make-up. She basically just needed to draw in her eyebrows and get some concealer and foundation to cover up her skin lol!

17 hours ago, lingx2 said:

:love: Cha Min looking handsome in a suit.  This is more of the type of content I want to see!

16 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Oh! Is CM going to go work for his own mother? Isn't that her in the background?

I didn't notice that. Well-spotted!

16 hours ago, greezlybee said:

HJ is YC's daughter and I'm convinced that Prosecutor Seo is his son. When YC is calling at the hospital lot, the other line sounds like Seo and he's the one who tells YC that his fingerprints did not change. If that's true, Seo is his father's accomplice and might be the one who actually killed SY. As for HJ, I'm sure she will come around and help SY and CM on the case. Probably to avenge her mother's death. 

Lastly, I want to appreciate Detective DC. He is such a sweetheart who's so in love with MD hahaha. I love how he covered SY/MD's eyes:wub: [fighting Lee Si Eon our 3 idiots captain >< (ILA fans will understand this hihi)] And the real MD!! The second she comes in to the picture, it'll be chaotic.

I also think HJ will eventually come around but currently she is annoying.

I appreciate Dong Cheol too. He is very adorable.  It was so sweet how he covered SY's eyes and so cute how nervous he was to give the press conference.

Archived