[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

On 5/17/2019 at 12:56 PM, raziela said:

I like your positivity @lightbringer06!:D Have you watched this week's episodes yet? 

Hi! Yeah, just finished it^^...some things have been keeping me from watching the episodes...lol..

Okay, so now, we have, what, 4 rules of the Abyss. Which are (correct me if I'm wrong)..

1. Revives the dead into the form of its soul.

2. If the owner of the abyss dies, the next revived is its temporary owner.

3. Only the ones revived by abyss can see it.

4. Abyss activates only when the owner and the corpse are alone.

Did I miss anything anything? With regards to number 2, idk why it says temporary. Is it because if YC dies as well, it will likely go to SY? Or does it mean CM didn't really die (coz, well, of course, aside from he's the ML, he can't actually die). Once he revives again, how can they actually explain it to everyone who knows he did die...hmmm..In Guk and So Min also told Min that his looks will last until he dies when he asked them, so how can he have the same face again if he revives ^_^.

Also, why the changes in color of the abyss tho..first red, yellow, green, and we can see from YC's hands, blue. Wonder to what extent will the changing be. Or will there actually be an expiration of the abyss. Gosh, somebody needs to read the manual right now :lol:.

Min wouldn't have died if there were some police guarding the hospital where PGM was. I mean, he is still a victim and the suspect is on the run so shouldn't there be at least police on guard? I know that would be the needed flaw so that SJU and YC can just freely enter the hospital but still..

I didn't expect the connection bw YC and SJU, father and son, huh. Or should I say, like father like son now. So now we're dealing with two villains. Plus, that mysterious person who called YC in that coffee shop/cafe, I doubt it's SJU so there's still an unknown villain out there. I guess this is actually a crime drama now. Wonder if everything was planned from the beginning that eventually Min will become a suspect, I mean, his death was accident and yet after SY died, he immediately became a suspect. Was that simply a coincidence? 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, turtlegirl said:

I am really curious how CM died too. YC appeared to just have a syringe of some "death liquid" in his hand. But then CM was on the ground bleeding.

It doesn't look like a syringe to me..it's more like a small type of a knife.

20190519-224447.png

3 hours ago, adqu said:

i wonder if those pics of CM with the new hairstyle are from this week's episode or if it's from a more recent shooting... his hair hadn't changed in one of yesterday's stills... either way, i like the new hair better hehe #freetheforehead :P

He looks different without the bangs..ha ha. Maybe he'll just change style later for a change :D. I like him with his bangs tho :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it's been mentioned here that prosecutor Seo and HJ could be siblings and possibly the children of YC, do you think the photo of the two children that SY found in the murder victim's home in episode 1 could be of them two? I've been wondering why SY's friend from law school would be a target of the murder case. Maybe he was also a prosecutor and found some leads to the cold case (such as the photo); therefore, YC and/or Seo had the need to kill him off?

Based on episode 4, it seems like HJ's mother is very well connected to YC. Did it also seem like her mother was in YC's hands and that's why she's been following YC's orders? So this then made me think of Seo getting a call from "J" with a frantic woman saying to let her out. Someone here had pointed out that the woman was unlikely HJ because she sounded older. Could YC also have Seo's mother and that's why Seo is helping him?

Just some wild/random thoughts while I'm anxiously waiting for Monday's episode :lol:.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:26 AM, lingx2 said:

I love seeing their the BTS pics.  So adorable! So funny they are releasing them knowing we won;t have any SY/CM in this upcoming episode.

22 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

There seems to be a change of hairstyle on cha min does it mean goodbye to dumb cha min ? hehe

:lol:

17 hours ago, adqu said:

i wonder if those pics of CM with the new hairstyle are from this week's episode or if it's from a more recent shooting... his hair hadn't changed in one of yesterday's stills... either way, i like the new hair better hehe #freetheforehead :P

:lol: So #freetheforwhead Min might be how we can tell it is revived x 2 Cha Min lol! 

14 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Hi! Yeah, just finished it^^...some things have been keeping me from watching the episodes...lol..

Okay, so now, we have, what, 4 rules of the Abyss. Which are (correct me if I'm wrong)..

1. Revives the dead into the form of its soul.

2. If the owner of the abyss dies, the next revived is its temporary owner.

3. Only the ones revived by abyss can see it.

4. Abyss activates only when the owner and the corpse are alone.

Did I miss anything anything? With regards to number 2, idk why it says temporary. Is it because if YC dies as well, it will likely go to SY? Or does it mean CM didn't really die (coz, well, of course, aside from he's the ML, he can't actually die). Once he revives again, how can they actually explain it to everyone who knows he did die...hmmm..In Guk and So Min also told Min that his looks will last until he dies when he asked them, so how can he have the same face again if he revives ^_^.

Also, why the changes in color of the abyss tho..first red, yellow, green, and we can see from YC's hands, blue. Wonder to what extent will the changing be. Or will there actually be an expiration of the abyss. Gosh, somebody needs to read the manual right now :lol:.

Hello! Glad you have had a chance to watch:)

1. I just went back to watch ep. 1 and Rule number 1 is definitley that they are revived into the form of their souls so now I am back to being confused about why SY and CM came back as different people, Young Chul as his father and Hee Jin as a an "uglier" version of herself. Maybe @turtlegirl is correct and it is a malfunctioning orb!

2. Interesting! Maybe temporary because CM can be revived more than once.  Maybe only the owner can be revived more once and the ownership reverts back to him once he is alive?

I also wondered the same about his face.  Doesn't that mean if he is revived he will come back with a different face?

The changing colours of the Abyss must be significant. It only went green after he revived his ex.  Now blue in YC's hands in the preview for next week.  Somebody needs to learn the alien's language so they can  actually read the manual :lol:

Min wouldn't have died if there were some police guarding the hospital where PGM was. I mean, he is still a victim and the suspect is on the run so shouldn't there be at least police on guard? I know that would be the needed flaw so that SJU and YC can just freely enter the hospital but still..

This is definitely a writing flaw some k-netz pointed out too. Like you said it was for plot convenience but there should be police presence and a nurse would be checking up on him regularly.  I don't know how it works in South Korea but in the Intensive Care in my country the nurses are always in the room with the patient. Definitely never ever would the patient be alone in a room with the door closed.

Another thing i don't get is why didn't SY or CM ask the ex-fiancee why she lied and who was making her lie? Obviously it's for plot convenience but it would have made more sense if they had just asked her rather than CM's dumb plan that he couldn't go through with and got him killed.  Actually I was surprised SY only released in ep. 4 in the cafe that YC might have revived in a different body too.  I thought they had already reached that conclusion as it was pretty obvious!

It doesn't look like a syringe to me..it's more like a small type of a knife.

It is a syringe. It isn't easy to see but there is a very fine needle at the end.

He looks different without the bangs..ha ha. Maybe he'll just change style later for a change :D. I like him with his bangs tho :)

I'm #TeamBangs (this is so weird to say as we call those a "fringe" here:lol:) but he looks good with the exposed forehead too!

Thanks for the pictures and subs @adqu

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325684wpp/park-bo-young-and-ahn-hyo-seop-are-close-friends-both-on-and-off-camera-for-abyss

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325724wpp/park-bo-young-brings-out-her-best-puss-in-boots-eyes-in-abyss

We have now an official name for our couple...'Marble couple' :wub:.

@raziela Hmmm..I wonder why it doesn't look like a syringe to me :D. Agree with all the flaws in this drama. Perhaps YC also brought some knife with him which he used to kill CM. It looks like YC probably lured him in the area where he died and then killed him there coz we have these stills from TVN where CM and YC are together. I believe it will be shown on the first part of ep 5 tonight how CM died.

Also stills officially released by TVN...

I really like that third pic where the director, AHS and PBY are all smiles :D.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Could it be that owner of Abyss can never die? I mean CM will only be dead temporarily, like maybe for a certain number of hours, and then he would automatically be alive again on his own...??

That's my initial thought too. Possibly it needs to be with CM again for him to survive, like the owner now, YC, needs to be the one to survive him. Probably why SY seems to be luring YC from the preview and her blocking CM's body, perhaps not to let anyone touch his body yet, like to bury him or something.

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325724wpp/park-bo-young-brings-out-her-best-puss-in-boots-eyes-in-abyss

We have now an official name for our couple...'Marble couple' :wub:.

@raziela Hmmm..I wonder why it doesn't look like a syringe to me :D. Agree with all the flaws in this drama. Perhaps YC also brought some knife with him which he used to kill CM. It looks like YC probably lured him in the area where he died and then killed him there coz we have these stills from TVN where CM and YC are together. I believe it will be shown on the first part of ep 5 tonight how CM died.

Also stills officially released by TVN...

I really like that third pic where the director, AHS and PBY are all smiles :D.

Thank you for the stills. I like their couple name!  Now I hope we start to get some couple moments in the drama soon lol!

I agree we will see those scenes today. I wonder how YC lured CM?

The BTS pictures are so great and make me smile too! I'm glad they are all also having fun filming. :D

2 hours ago, adqu said:

more stills:

tvn relesed a clip from todays ep...

seems like mi do hasn't had her surgery yet

So I see tvN are finally posting some proper clips before the episode and giving the drama some promo...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that is Seyeon in a wig.  I think she might be pretending to be someone else-possibly Hee Jin?-to lure Young Chul.

2 hours ago, adqu said:

cast pics... seems tvn has asked them to promote the drama on sns because everyone is posting lol

I had the same thought.  I was surprised by how little SNS content we had before.  I guess because neither PBY or AHS post much on social media. Well, the pics are very nice to see so I'm not complaining ^_^

Have the stream on while I'm working. I'm catching bits and pieces! 

CM didn't have it in him to kill Gi Man. 

Old man at first had no interest in CM. He posed as doctor while CM left the room, and was gonna kill Gi Man with a syringe but the nurse came in. He left the room and somehow got into it with CM in the hallway. CM dropped the abyss ball and YC picked it up. CM remembered only those who had been revived could see the ball. CM called YC by his name....

Outside YC stabbed CM with the syringe in the neck. Then he got all super evil and started kicking CM and stepping on his fingers. Poor CM!! But CM was a fighter and got up and tried hitting YC with a pipe but he had lost too much strength to properly fight back :tears:

So now we have seen of SY finding CM dead and the abyss ball transferring to YC...

I'll be in and out cuz of work. I'll see what parts I can catch...

Had to leave now I'm back. SY and sweet Detective Park are in the morgue with CM's body. The detective scanned CM's fingerprint and it came up a pic of old CM. He must be learning the truth about the abyss from SY. Wonder if SY is also admitting to him that she's not MiDo...not sure. 

Caught a flashback. It was a dream HJ was having. Think she was a kid with another kid. I guess they were watching their mom get beat up tho to be honest the women getting beat looked more like a teenage girl! It must have been HJ's mom unless it was HJ being beat up but then who were the kids? And if it were HJ then she got a whole new face. Anyways the man doing the beating up was definitely YC. We didn't see his face but heard his evil voice. 

Archived