[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

Oh shoot. I was staying off the thread and trying not to see any spoilers before I watch both of this week's episodes with my friend. But now I'm scrolling through Insta and see they were kissing in bed! Otoke. How do I not spoil myself now?? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

The kissing scene clip is top 1 on naver tv right now :wub: 

That makes me happy!  It was one of the sweetest and most romantic kiss scenes I've seen in a long time :wub:

4 hours ago, lingx2 said:

EP9 Preview

4 hours ago, 0ly40 said:

preview ep9

Sorry but can Hee Jin just go away, please? That whole family, tbh :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Way to go Cha Min!

Woohoo....

Plus this song when they kissed

:lol: Hahaha! I think it should be "Way to go Se Yeon for plucking up the courage to initiate the kiss.  She was so cute with just her big eyes peeking out when she was lying in the bed. Then "Way to go Chan Min" for taking the initiative after SY kissed him :kiss_wink:

It is a beautiful song.  This drama has a really nice OST and musical cues.

50 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Oh shoot. I was staying off the thread and trying not to see any spoilers before I watch both of this week's episodes with my friend. But now I'm scrolling through Insta and see they were kissing in bed! Otoke. How do I not spoil myself now?? 

:D Don't worry! SY was injured so the kiss was hot but things stayed PG :flushed:

That HeeJin girl needs to go. She keeps getting someone almost murdered.  Also, now the real Mi-Do and the cop boyfriend knows about SY and ChanMi's secret. Yet, they can't tell SY's parents that she is still alive? This is getting complicated. I'm surprised that the real Mi-Do didn't make herself look like SY.    

Who's the actress that plays the real Mi-Do. What she going to do know that her identity has been killed off. Are the bad guys going to think she's SY brought back alive with another face? 

tvn said they'll release the bts of the kiss once the YOUTUBE video gets to 300k views... except they're completely stupid and careless and forgot that all abyss content aside from episode teasers is blocked in most countries, so it'll never get there :rolleyes: they should release it later this week either way i guess, but like... make it make sense, tvn. :phew:

anyway, if it somehow isn't blocked for you....

at least the one on naver is at +130k already: https://tv.naver.com/v/8541465/

20 hours ago, greezlybee said:

Yes. I thought the same thing as well. A lot of possibility went through my mind but there's this one thought that may sound so crazy: Seo was revived with abyss and gain a face of chief prosecutor's son. Because somehow, Seo and the chief prosecutor's conversation seems like they know something. MAYBE, the ones who were revived aren't just the four.

Not crazy at all. Early on, there was speculation here that Seo could have been revived by the Abyss or knows about the it because it didn't appear crazy to him that SY could be alive in the form of Mi Do. Now that you've linked that this could be the reason why HJ couldn't recognize Seo and Seo looks like the chief prosecutor's son, it makes sense and is shaping up to be a plausible theory.

Seo and the chief prosecutor's relationship does seem fishy. There is definitely a mutual gain behind it though not sure what it is yet. It's also interesting that the chief prosecutor's son and HJ's mother are patients at the same facility. It can't be a pure coincidence.

(I'm going to watch episode 8 now. Let's see what else we'll find out.)

2 hours ago, adqu said:

tvn said they'll release the bts of the kiss once the YOUTUBE video gets to 300k views... except they're completely stupid and careless and forgot that all abyss content aside from episode teasers is blocked in most countries, so it'll never get there :rolleyes: they should release it later this week either way i guess, but like... make it make sense, tvn. :phew:

I can't watch it :( if anyone can help pls DM me :lol:

On 5/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, stargazer187 said:

Seriously, I have a good laugh watching ep 8. All cast done well on their parts. But lemme give more credits to actor LSE. He makes the complicated identity revelation scene so fun. I love how dumbfounded he is of all the things going on to his MD. LOL. The real MD vs GSY are quite similar personality. They both won't easily lose of a fight. I emjoyed watching tjeir bickering scene. I love PBY Go Se Yeon expression whenever she gets irritated or angry. Poor DC, he'll having hard time to get used to his current MD's look. 

Episode 8 was so enjoyable.  I'm glad all the identity misunderstandings are cleared up now.  I agree LSE's character is so amusing. MD & GSY do have similar personalities which is probably exactly why they clashed all the time.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, stargazer187 said:

I know why Min couldn't get over his unrequited love to SY. She might look snob and brat from the outside but there's genuine kindness behind all those sarcastic words. The idea of keeping HJ around them is definitely wrong. They just like keeping a snake. She can easily switch sides whenever things isn't good for her. I really can't stand when she said "I didn't think that he could go that far" I was like what??? Is she that dumb??? Always using her mom safety as her excuse. Sighh... every time she appologizes, she looks insincere. 

Double kisses as predicted! Heoll.... :love:

"We can kiss"

"What,"

"It was more of a suggestion, Can I kiss you?"

"What, I'm that kind of guy. Since when you asked my opinion before"

Wait.. what was happened?? I mean, they kiss just like that. LOL. Idk I feel the kiss is funny to begin with. But it ended pretty hot. They're kissing till next week. Muahaahahaha.

Yes!  SY is a very kind person despite her outward tough attitude.

I loved the dialogue for the kissing scene. They were both so cute especially SY and her big eyes above the blanket. I also liked that SY initiated the progress of their relationship and gave him permission. It must feel strange to kiss your best friend of 20 years so I love that the kiss was realistic and started off slowly and unsure  but then it felt right and the kiss got deeper:wub:  I do wish the drama had explored their relationship more over the past 8 episodes. They have such a deep, interesting relationship with so much history I wish, once again, the drama was like this from the start instead of going the catch the serial killer route for the first half but we've all discussed over and over what the drama could and should have been and it is what it is *sigh*

Hee Jin is just *censored* :rage: Such a stupid and frustrating character. I'm glad they are finally wise to how deceitful she is. Has she even confessed about the footage she wiped from her meeting with YC yet?

23 hours ago, adqu said:

:rolleyes: at tvN . The video is blocked for me too

I only got to see 20 mins and had to hit pause. So far, I'm liking Mi Do. She's sassy like SY. No wonder they had butted heads. Speaking of butts, poor Dong Cheol (again) for being blackmailed with photos of his butt birthmark and he needed his partner to check it LOL.

Okay without having read thru back posts, I'm going to post about eps 7&8 which I just watched the minute I got out of work. May be it was because I knew a kiss was coming (of course it didn't come till the end of ep8) but I felt extra confused about some parts. 

- first the kiss was awesome and would have been totally unexpected had I not seen the spoiler on Ig. Was not expecting SY to ask for it, either. That was hot. And congrats to CM for going all in. Such a cutie. 

- the real MiDo looks nothing like her previous self lol. Holy plastic surgery. I wonder how much her character will be utilized during the rest of the drama. 

- HJ HJ HJ thank goodness SY found out about her little scheming and they are keeping her on a tight leash now. But so one of my questions is...when she was scheming and texting the other person, was she texting shady Seo directly or was she texting the 3rd guy who was then texting shady Seo? And doesn't she know shady Seo is her brother and a prosecutor right? I am all kinds of lost on their relationship - knowledge of one another etc. 

- Shady Seo was the one who took HJ's mom right? At first, with the hat on, I had trouble telling, but then after the "car crash " he was with the mom and his hand was bandaged so it must have been him. Honestly for a second I thought maybe he had another brother (cuz there was that picture with 3 kids before right?). And also I guess HJ's mom is not his mother then. So even though she doesn't share blood with YC, he might still. Oh and also, speaking of the car crash, how did they get out before it crashed? In the preview it looks like CM and SY and maybe HJ are going back to that tunnel....maybe to look for clues. 

- so it appears Shady Seo is the one who "did in" SY after she was stabbed by YC. But I still don't see his motives. Purely to outshine his father or workplace jealousy or what ? He's really becoming an evil one isn't he? 

- the 3rd guy...his backstory...little confused. So he was facing murder charges and in order to get out of them, he agreed to stab SY for shady Seo? But it seemed like after the stabbings, the dude was acting like it was the first time he stabbed anyone since he threw up and all. So it was weird that he was supposed to already be a murderer right?

- so when they find the 3rd guy dead of "suicide" are they going to think it's all over, case closed ? How will they realize there's still one more (Shady Seo) out there. 

- what is YC's ultimate plan? I'm so curious to know!! 

- oooh okay the blind grandma. She is the mother of one of YC's victims, is that it ? And that's why she felt connected to HJ's mom? 

- oooh and also! The head prosecutor guy (the one who shady Seo calls dad) was in the same nursing home visiting his real son? That part was strange. Is there a connection I am missing? Actually that part probably had me the most confused of any! 

Okay I think I'm done rambling for now. I'll get to reading thru back posts and maybe y'all have some answers or better understandings than me lol. 

Wait so y'all are saying shady Seo could possibly be revived too and be looking like head prosecutors son who is in a coma? Y'all blowing my mind here. Okay need a screenshot of the coma son...does he really look like Shady Seo? :o

I hope the ratings will rise again next week now that the romance has started I bet the word has been passed to knetz already and 2 shows ended last night + a drama in jtbc with senior actors so it was expected. I hope the pacing of the story will continue this way especially in the romance aspect because damn their chemistry is daebak they look so cute together. And heejin urgh I don't like her I'm glad cha min realized his true feelings. I hope the kiss scene will reach 300k views as soon as possible lol I'm so excited to see the bts considering how hard it must have been for hyo seop who is nervous all the time and to have an intimate kiss with such an experienced actor that must've put a lot of pressure to him hahaha don't worry hyoseop-ah it was good 100%.

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

Wait so y'all are saying shady Seo could possibly be revived too and be looking like head prosecutors son who is in a coma? Y'all blowing my mind here. Okay need a screenshot of the coma son...does he really look like Shady Seo? :o

Haha your post made me laugh . For a moment it did look like Seo but then I thought it was impossible for his son to look like Seo. People on this forum have great attention to detail. I'm enjoying reading all these theories. Tbh, I really wanted Shady Seo to be the good guy but things are not looking good as now we know he is the killer. I hope the prosecutor's real son doesn't turn out to be evil.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, kboramint said:

That HeeJin girl needs to go. She keeps getting someone almost murdered.  Also, now the real Mi-Do and the cop boyfriend knows about SY and ChanMi's secret. Yet, they can't tell SY's parents that she is still alive? This is getting complicated. I'm surprised that the real Mi-Do didn't make herself look like SY.    

Who's the actress that plays the real Mi-Do. What she going to do know that her identity has been killed off. Are the bad guys going to think she's SY brought back alive with another face? 

I suppose it will be different telling her parents who have an emotional connection and were mourning their dead daughter rather than DC and MD who have already witnessed some of this crazy stuff.  I think in ep. 7 Seyeon said she wanted to catch the accomplice and straighten everything out before she returned to her normal life and spoke to her parents.  I don;t think she wants to interrupt her parent's life while her killer is still at large and a potential threat

CM took MD to a new accommodation and told her to lay low for a bit.  No one knows who she is or about her new face so I suppose she just needs to not go around telling everyone she is the real Lee Mi Do!:lol:

@turtlegirl Your posts are making me laugh :lol: I love the stream of consciousness posting. I know how you feel! I will try to respond to some of your questions later after I have thought and slept :sleeping:. It's so late in my country.

21 hours ago, lingx2 said:

EP8 Rating

19 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

I hope the ratings will rise again next week now that the romance has started I bet the word has been passed to knetz already and 2 shows ended last night + a drama in jtbc with senior actors so it was expected. I hope the pacing of the story will continue this way especially in the romance aspect because damn their chemistry is daebak they look so cute together. And heejin urgh I don't like her I'm glad cha min realized his true feelings. I hope the kiss scene will reach 300k views as soon as possible lol I'm so excited to see the bts considering how hard it must have been for hyo seop who is nervous all the time and to have an intimate kiss with such an experienced actor that must've put a lot of pressure to him hahaha don't worry hyoseop-ah it was good 100%.

:( This was such a good episode too. This episode didn't deserve such low ratings. We're finally getting the drama the audience wanted but as I said yesterday I think they just shed too much audience who grew disillusioned over the past few disappointing weeks and there was a lot of competition this week:persevere:  I'm trying not to get so invested in the ratings anymore but I believe the ratings can still rise :innocent: Fighting Abyss! 

@jasminssiiiHaha at your Hyo Seop commentary :lol:  That boy is so shy and nervous in real life but he is completely different when he is acting.  He's really talented. I hope he isn't too discouraged about the ratings.  PBY is very experienced and very established actress so even though I know she can be hard on herself I think she can not let it get to her too much.  But Hyo Seop is still a relative rookie it's his first lead role and we have seen he isn't a confident person so I hope this doesn't get him too down.  He and PBY are doing a great job with their characters and the criticisms of the drama I have seen are aimed towards the writing, directing, editing rather than the actors who are the strength of the drama.

I really liked the scene with CM, SY, MD, DC and even HJ all hanging out in the same room together. It's nice seeing SY and MD friendly with each other. Despite how much MD disliked SY in the past, she wouldn't wish death upon her and was upset at learning about her murder. I'm glad she is willing to help SY and be a part of their master plan. MD and DC are definitely made for each other LOL. I now understand why DC treated SY so cutely while thinking she was really MD. I felt bad for HJ just by herself in the background, but SY was shown to be the bigger person and kindly included her.

Wow, that kiss!! :wub: I'm happy before it happened, CM confirmed that he's over HJ and that he realized he never really loved her. Looks like he's going to make it official with SY in the next episode. This guy! :heart:

2 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

LOL, that is the theory. Though in episode 8, where Seo was visiting YC in jail, it didn't seem like he could see the Abyss while YC was holding it up. I believe one of the facts we learned was that only the revived can see it. So hmmm...

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST EPISODE! Not merely because of the long awaited kiss (don't get me wrong, the kiss makes this episode way more fun), but knowing the fact that detective Park and MD finally learns the truth. It'll be easier for them to catch Seo now.

-On this episode, I fell in love with detective Park! Even when he was angry to SY/MD, he still cares for her very much (the way he looks at her on the accident site is just <33333). And when he drank SY's beer, it's so cute. 

-And the part when YC showed Seo the abyss, he couldn't see it. So my theory was wrong and we're back to square one y'all. (Or maybe the staffs are fooling us? lol)

-SY is just soooo nice to HJ despised her temper. I know SY needs HJ, but it shows how she really cares for her sincerely.

-Lastly, I just need to point out how SY SAID "WE CAN KISS. THIS IS A SUGGESTION. CAN WE KISS?" AND PULLS HIM FOR A KISS DAEBAKKKKKKK!!!! (I'm literally swooning) (of course, who can deny that lovely face of AYS and resist herself not to kiss him lol)

let me just put this right here

tumblr_ps8iytkoBF1y621ffo3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_ps8iytkoBF1y621ffo4_r1_540.gif

for us to smile to ourselves :) (look at those puppy eyes. look at how he softly kisses her) OMONAAAAA 

(cr: dramaintherain.tumblr.com)

And this just right here :) 

tumblr_ps7d315gDa1xtcqsxo2_400.giftumblr_ps7d315gDa1xtcqsxo3_r2_400.giftumblr_ps7d315gDa1xtcqsxo1_400.giftumblr_ps7d315gDa1xtcqsxo4_r1_400.gif

(cr: baek1nho.tumblr.com)

I'll brb after reading the last two pages hehe.

I wonder why did GSY get MD's face when she already exists/is alive? (instead of getting an entirely new face like CM) Did I miss something? 

why would she want to do plastic surgery she already looked fine before :blink: and what's with the drama always calling her ugly? 

I'm waiting for someone to give OYC a haircut/shave his beard now that he's in jail :lol:

ohh I just noticed now Jung So Min/Seo In Guk's cameo was because this drama's the same director of The Smile Has Left Your Eyes? 

51 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

LOL, that is the theory. Though in episode 8, where Seo was visiting YC in jail, it didn't seem like he could see the Abyss while YC was holding it up. I believe one of the facts we learned was that only the revived can see it. So hmmm...

Hmm..I'm really confused and I guess the writers want us to be. I get that Seo can't see the abyss, so why does the prosecutor's son look like Seo? I took a screenshot and saw the coma son and SEO have the same ear shaped. Maybe I'm tripping but he really does look like Seo. Maybe the real son of the prosecutor was abyssed to look like seo. Someone said hee jin was just daydreaming that's why she didn't notice seo walking her way. Also, when HJ was having flashbacks where YC was beating her and Seo was covering the other sibling's head, she woke up saying "oppa". I wonder whi she was referring to.

Archived