[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

Still waiting for Ahn Hyo Seop to confirm -_-.........

I'm soooo hungry, I need someone to feed me some news about this. Been like crazy checking every day for any news articles confirming the male lead :D.

EDIT: Finally, we got the male lead! :relieved:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302755wpp/ahn-hyo-seop-confirmed-to-star-opposite-park-bo-young-in-new-tvn-fantasy-romance

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @lightbringer06  Another drama to look forward to this year :grin:

Finally good news and our lead male, Ahn Hyo Seop, finally confirmed! Can't wait to see him together with Park Bo Young.

Posting the text of the Soompi article for everybody with some more plot details

Ahn Hyo Seop Confirmed To Star Opposite Park Bo Young In New tvN Fantasy Romance

Feb 11, 2019
by E. Cha

Ahn Hyo Seop has officially joined the cast of tvN’s upcoming drama “Abyss”!

On February 11, the producers of “Abyss” confirmed that Ahn Hyo Seop would be starring opposite Park Bo Young as the male lead of the new Monday-Tuesday drama.

“Abyss” is a new fantasy romance drama about a magical marble that has the power to reincarnate the souls of the dead as entirely different people. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as Cha Min, the highly intelligent heir to Korea’s top cosmetics company. Although he has both brains and wealth, he has always been insecure about his looks. However, after the mysterious marble named “Abyss” falls into his hands, he ends up reincarnated as the stunningly handsome administrator of a law firm.

Cha Min also ends up using the marble to reincarnate Go Se Yeon, a tough, accomplished, and beautiful female prosecutor who suffers a fatal accident (played by Park Bo Young). After she finds herself mysteriously brought back to life as an attorney at a law firm with an entirely new face, she sets out to uncover the secret behind her reincarnation.

The producers of “Abyss” remarked, “Park Bo Young and Ahn Hyo Seop have been confirmed as the leads [of the drama]. We ourselves are really looking forward to [their acting], as the two actors’ personalities are well-suited to their two characters.”

They went on, “We ask that you show a lot of interest and anticipation for the drama ‘Abyss,’ as well as the chemistry between the ‘reincarnated-souls couple’ consisting of trusted actress Park Bo Young and super rookie Ahn Hyo Seop.”

“Abyss” is currently scheduled to premiere sometime in the first half of 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302755wpp/ahn-hyo-seop-confirmed-to-star-opposite-park-bo-young-in-new-tvn-fantasy-romance

The writer has also worked on tvN longstanding comedy Rude Miss Young Ae.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Abyss 어비스 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Park Bo Young & Ahn Hyo Seop - Premieres in May

Okay, so I know Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Seul Gi had a drama together, and I know Seul Gi's height, well, according to Google is 153 cm. So I guess Bo Young and Hyo Seop will look like this too :D.

C2curk-HXAAAn-Cnf.jpg

Park Bo Young is 158 cm. Idk if that's accurate though. But they will also definitely look like this...ha ha...plus the heel size, so. Oh, I can already imagine Bo Young having to use a stool just like she did in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon :kiss_wink:.

Han So Hee Joins Ahn Hyo Seop And Park Bo Young In Upcoming tvN Fantasy Romance

Han So Hee will be playing Cha Min’s (played by Ahn Hyo Seop) fiancée Jang Hee Jin. With her stunning looks, Jang Hee Jin is a mysterious character that vanishes the day of her wedding.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308479wpp/han-so-hee-joins-ahn-hyo-seop-and-park-bo-young-in-upcoming-tvn-fantasy-romance

Looks like it will be a funny and charming dorama. Judging by the reading of the script, the actors had fun while reading their roles. So, I think, it is worth seeing this drama to get a good mood!

Moreover, the actors here are just wonderful. From Park Bo Young & Ahn Hyo Seop you get a good pair!:love:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Park Bo Young & Ahn Hyo Seop - Premieres in May

Ahn Hyo Seop Is A Man With A New Face In Upcoming Fantasy Drama “Abyss”

Mar 29, 2019
by R. Jun

tvN’s upcoming fantasy drama “Abyss” has released new stills of Ahn Hyo Seop.

The drama is about two people (played by Park Bo Young and Ahn Hyo Seop) who are revived by a soul-reviving marble called “Abyss.” They find that they’ve returned to life with completely new faces and set out to find their killers.

Ahn Hyo Seop’s character Cha Min was a wealthy chaebol who was perfect in every aspect except for an unfortunate face, described as a “visual terror.” After his death, however, he finds that he’s back looking better than ever.

Working alongside Go Se Yeon (Park Bo Young), Cha Min pursues the truth behind what happened to him.

caf3e1800da84546acc0e575997b4022.jpeg?s=

94794395.1.jpg

The new stills revealed on March 29 show Ahn Hyo Seop on his first day of filming. Ahn Hyo Seop said, “I was so nervous and excited for my first day. I was able to get into a comfortable and fun filming atmosphere thanks to the great director Yoo Jae Won as well as the staff and cast, including Park Bo Young and Lee Sung Jae.”

The actor added, “I already feel good [about the drama]. I’m so excited for everyone to see Cha Min, so please wait until May, when ‘Abyss’ goes on-air.”

“Abyss” is set to air in May, following the conclusion of “He Is Psychometric.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1313659wpp/ahn-hyo-seop-is-a-man-with-a-new-face-in-upcoming-fantasy-drama-abyss

2 minutes ago, lingx2 said:

Abyss Poster

Thank you for the pictures and articles of shooting and the new poster. 

The filming pics look great.  I love the poster too.  Very imaginative and definitely catches your attention.:lol:

Park Bo Young And Ahn Hyo Seop Are Newly Revived In Main Poster Of Upcoming Drama “Abyss”

Apr 1, 2019
by U. Kim

tvN’s upcoming fantasy drama “Abyss” has revealed its first main poster!

The drama tells the story of two people who are brought back to life by a soul-reviving marble called “Abyss.” They are revived with completely different faces and set out to find their killers.

8332ac21290d477b8ee2582d6b95fa30.jpeg?s=

In the poster, Go Se Yeon (played by Park Bo Young) and Cha Min (Played by Ahn Hyo Seop) lie on the road with their new appearances that reflect their souls. Dressed in bright colors that are perfect for spring, the two have completely contrasting expressions on their faces.

The chalk outlines around the two characters differ from their current state, as the outline around Ahn Hyo Seop is that of a stout man, and the outline around Park Bo Young is that of a tall, model-like woman. The mysterious marble in Ahn Hyo Seop’s hand is what brought about this bizarre happening. It will be interesting to find out how they got this strange marble in their hands and why they were reborn with new appearances that reflect their souls.

“Abyss” will begin airing in May as the follow-up drama to “He Is Psychometric.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314269wpp/park-bo-young-and-ahn-hyo-seop-are-newly-revived-in-main-poster-of-upcoming-drama-abyss

Archived