[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoo...the screenshots are juicy funnygifsbox.com_2016-07-01_16-02-40.gif  Cannot watch the clips because I'm currently at work and videos are blocked :D. That scene when they were sleeping together in a couch, I remember Cha Min patting Se Yeon's head from the teasers before :wub:. I usually don't like childhood trope plots (well, depends on how they're usually executed), but this is refreshing since they have different appearances now :D. And if Se Yeon never really feels anything towards Cha Min before, I know she was the one who introduced Cha Min's fiancee to him, is also a mystery to me.

Thus, this drama is called Abyss...because as we dig deeper and deeper, more mysteries unfold :blush:.

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Whoo...the screenshots are juicy funnygifsbox.com_2016-07-01_16-02-40.gif  Cannot watch the clips because I'm currently at work and videos are blocked :D. That scene when they were sleeping together in a couch, I remember Cha Min patting Se Yeon's head from the teasers before :wub:. I usually don't like childhood trope plots (well, depends on how they're usually executed), but this is refreshing since they have different appearances now :D. And if Se Yeon never really feels anything towards Cha Min before, I know she was the one who introduced Cha Min's fiancee to him, is also a mystery to me.

Thus, this drama is called Abyss...because as we dig deeper and deeper, more mysteries unfold :blush:.

Man! I agree, there's a lot of mysteries already in the first two episodes. They get revived immediately and get straight into solving cases, which I am liking it. They had something that ties with each other in the past immediately with one another and here they are going to figure out what happened to them and solving crimes together. Interesting. :D

7 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I love their relationship dynamic so much. Looking forwad to seeing how their relationship evolves. The scene on the couch was one of my favourites today.  It was so sweet and then was so funny!

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Man! I agree, there's a lot of mysteries already in the first two episodes. They get revived immediately and get straight into solving cases, which I am liking it. They had something that ties with each other in the past immediately with one another and here they are going to figure out what happened to them and solving crimes together. Interesting. :D

Yes, I like that we can get straight into the plot because they already know each other.   Looks like the mysteries have been set up now and they might know who the killer is but not what he looks like now.  There seems to be significance to the colours of the abyss ball too.  Sometimes it is red and sometimes it is green

I watched the raw earlier and need to go back and watch the subtitles.  Even without subtitles I enjoyed this even more than the first episode.  This was definitely a stronger and more focused episode than the first episode now our male and female lead are established in their bodies.  I think this drama will keep getting better and better.

Ah, we're dealing with two separate killers; serial killer doctor and avenging father killer.   The serial killer murdered  the prosecutor and the lawyer.  The avenging father attacked the serial killer.  But, CM revived the serial killer.

So, the abyss revive dead people into their soul.  But, it revives almost dead people into their current bodies, which is why the doctor still looks the same, except for the gray hair and beard.:huh:

I’m at work so I haven’t seen episode two yet. (I’m totally counting down the hours though lol.) Based on the way episode one ended, I agree with many of you. In addition to the murder mystery suspense, I also got a good sense that CM and SY’s relationship dynamics will be a great watch as well. From CM’s perspective, you can tell by the way that he was grieving for SY that he cares and has genuine feelings for her. I think SY told her creepy colleague that CM has had a crush on her for about 20 years (?). It’s too bad that SY seemed a bit shallow and didn’t think the real CM was good-looking enough. Though she was obviously attracted to CM in his new form. I hope that as the two work closely together to solve the mysteries, SY will see CM as more than just a pretty face. From what I can tell so far, CM does seem to have a good heart.

Just basing solely on episode one, it’s been really cute to watch CM in the shell of AHS. He is a bit awkward as he is still getting used to his new good looks. Someone in an earlier post mentioned that their favorite scene was where CM’s shirt ripped and everyone (including the ahjussi) was in awe of his chest except CM who was super embarrassed and scrambling to cover himself up. :lol: I cannot tell if it’s AHS or his character who’s adorable…probably both! Now that PBY has officially made her appearance, I am so looking forward to her cuteness. Both together are going to make a great pairing!

7 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

Ah, we're dealing with two separate killers; serial killer doctor and avenging father killer.   The serial killer murdered  the prosecutor and the lawyer.  The avenging father attacked the serial killer.  But, CM revived the serial killer.

So, the abyss revive dead people into their soul.  But, it revives almost dead people into their current bodies, which is why the doctor still looks the same, except for the gray hair and beard.:huh:

Now they no longer know what the serial killer looks like because of CM accidentally reviving him with the Abyss :o

I think the doctor just looks the similar because they are using the same actor unlike CM and SY revivals where they used different actors.

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I’m at work so I haven’t seen episode two yet. (I’m totally counting down the hours though lol.) Based on the way episode one ended, I agree with many of you. In addition to the murder mystery suspense, I also got a good sense that CM and SY’s relationship dynamics will be a great watch as well. From CM’s perspective, you can tell by the way that he was grieving for SY that he cares and has genuine feelings for her. I think SY told her creepy colleague that CM has had a crush on her for about 20 years (?). It’s too bad that SY seemed a bit shallow and didn’t think the real CM was good-looking enough. Though she was obviously attracted to CM in his new form. I hope that as the two work closely together to solve the mysteries, SY will see CM as more than just a pretty face. From what I can tell so far, CM does seem to have a good heart.

Just basing solely on episode one, it’s been really cute to watch CM in the shell of AHS. He is a bit awkward as he is still getting used to his new good looks. Someone in an earlier post mentioned that their favorite scene was where CM’s shirt ripped and everyone (including the ahjussi) was in awe of his chest except CM who was super embarrassed and scrambling to cover himself up. :lol: I cannot tell if it’s AHS or his character who’s adorable…probably both! Now that PBY has officially made her appearance, I am so looking forward to her cuteness. Both together are going to make a great pairing!

I agree. Ahn Hyo Seop is doing a great job.  CM is so cute and kind especially in episode 2 when he secretly goes to buy the flowers for SeYeon's family chicken shop with the money SY begrudgingly "gave" him :lol:  I think new Handsome!Cha Min is a bit more rebellious than SY is used to. It appears he used to just let her boss him about but now he talks back.  I like that there has been a very subtle shift in their relationship in their new bodies and lives.

Park Bo Young is such an amazing actress! I love Se Yeon!  she is not the usual K-drama heroine: bold, shameless, arrogant with street smarts.  At the same time she can be mean, unkind  and superficial so I can see why her soul came back as 'plain' rather than beautiful.  PBY is too cute for me to dislike her though.  PBY was so good at playing a totally different character with a different accent in the scene as the original Mi Do.

7 hours ago, lingx2 said:

EP2 rating

Thank you for the rating.  A slight fall but I expected that as K-audience seemed a bit disappointed and confused by the introductory episode 1 and the lack of screentime for PBY.  The response seems to be a lot more favourable for the second episode now everything in the plot is coming together, relationships established, AHS and PBY great chemistry, and PBY is onscreen more so I hope the ratings increase next week.

I just finished two and it’s SO GOOD! In the preview for three, did I read the subs correctly that CM wants to find SY’s murder so that he could return back to his old form and have his fiancee back? :blink: So now I understand that there are two killers out there - the surgeon and the taxi driver, but what's the deal with the creepy detective? Is it me or does he seem hesitant to solve the crime case that SY was working on?

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I agree. Ahn Hyo Seop is doing a great job.  CM is so cute and kind especially in episode 2 when he secretly goes to buy the flowers for SeYeon's family chicken shop with the money SY begrudgingly "gave" him :lol:  I think new Handsome!Cha Min is a bit more rebellious than SY is used to. It appears he used to just let her boss him about but now he talks back.  I like that there has been a very subtle shift in their relationship in their new bodies and lives.

Park Bo Young is such an amazing actress! I love Se Yeon!  she is not the usual K-drama heroine: bold, shameless, arrogant with street smarts.  At the same time she can be mean, unkind  and superficial so I can see why her soul came back as 'plain' rather than beautiful.  PBY is too cute for me to dislike her though.  PBY was so good at playing a totally different character with a different accent in the scene as the original Mi Do.

Yes! After hearing what SY told CM, the scene of him secretly replacing the flowers for SY's mom was so super sweet of him. You are right. CM and SY in their new forms seem to have provided a better balance in their relationship. CM seems to have a bit more confidence to talk back to sassy SY and SY seems a bit more humbled with her "normal" looks. I loved how CM made SY look at herself in the mirror and told her that his heart is no longer pounding as she's not his type anymore :lol:.

It's no wonder they chose PBY to play these roles. Her transition to/back from SY to MD was flawless.

8 hours ago, raziela said:

I think the doctor just looks the similar because they are using the same actor unlike CM and SY revivals where they used different actors.

Wait, I think the doctor, Yeong Cheol, revived as the same person though but much older? Maybe because since he's the serial killer and so his soul must be rotten that when he revived, he revived with the same face but has gotten much older. Remember that he sent that note to the avenging father that he is still alive and the father went to Yeong Cheol's house to try and kill him again and there at the end the older Yeong Cheol appeared and invited him at 'his' house and then saying towards the end, "I guess you'll finally get to meet that daughter of yours you missed so much". Or I might be wrong?..ha ha..that's what I understood ^_^.

So we only have one killer here, Yeong Cheol. The father is just avenging her daughter's death and it seems it was Yeong Cheol who did it, thus why he 'killed' him. I just feel like everything is happening too fast, just on episode 2, they revealed the culprit. I wonder if this drama is entirely focused on catching the killer.

It's funny though because even before this drama started and teasers were coming out, I had a feeling that Yeong Cheol character would be the killer because of his character description and why he was holding the abyss too and, boy, was I right...lol. :D

I really love the bantering bw Cha Min and Se Yeon, shows their 20-year friendship..I would echo what Se Yeon's colleague, the other prosecutor, said that Min has 20-year crush on her and yet she still hang around with him. Wonder why. I want to see their backstory on how they became friends to understand why Se Yeon stayed friends with him despite that. PBY being cutesy is life!...ha ha..love the chemistry as well. We can definitely see why the different appearance of them after reviving, Min is definitely a good person, and, well, Se Yeon, while she may not be an overall good person, I can see where it's coming from..we know she judge people by their looks but she's not that bad. I believe this will be one of the points of this drama as well, Se Yeon's character devopment. Se Yeon and Min are like polar opposites, one coward and one brazen..tall and short :D...handsome and not-so^^...their situation best define opposite attracts :rolleyes::wub:

So far, the mysteries I needed answers are:

- why did Min accidentally die and who/what caused his death (aliens??..add to that In Guk and So Min's characters..btw, I was so happy seeing them together again..I was so sad of their tragic ending in TSHLYE so seeing them again makes up for it..even loving the reference of 100 millionth star falling :wub:..they have one of the best chemistries I've ever encountered)

- what's the deal with Se Yeon's colleague, he's so obviously suspicious..and who's the "J" that keeps calling him and asking for help (don't know if the director likes this actor as well, after being a detective in TSHLYE, now a prosecutor? :D)

- what happened to Mi Do

- why older Yeong Cheol kidnapped Min's fiancee

Soo enjoying this thus far...hope to see ratings rise next week! :kiss_wink:

I went into this drama knowing nothing except that PBY and AHS was in it. LOL.

I was confused as to how the plot will go. But it is coming along nicely.

Now that PBY realises her 'familiar' face, I wonder about AHS "Cha in' and his extraordinary face.

PS. Loved seeing SIG and JSM's cameo. Although they were a bit trusting of humans to give the abyss to someone who may go willy-nilly in reviving anyone. Hahaha.

Somehow or in someway, Min's mother must be involved.  She has money, which equals power and influence.  And, she demands that her every wish is fufilled.  She seems to be one nasty b*/ch.   

Gee, they should have made her the serial killer. She's scarier than the doctor.:P 

The how and why for the body changes are still  unclear.   

- Nice Min, died by accident, and got a new body that personifies his soul. 

- A bit arrogant prosecutor died a violent death, and got the body of another person who had also died.

-  Evil serial killer either kept his old body because he didn't completely die. Or, he died and revived with his own evil body, just older.

So ...

Good people qualifies for a new, and beautiful, body.

Not good, not bad people gets a used body.

Evil people get back their own ugly body.

Works for me.  There is justice in the universe.:w00t:

Archived