Quantcast
puppyjjang

[Current Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Just the two preview clips for Episode 2  on the Youtube channel from what I can see.

I didn't realise SeYeon and Mi Do knew each other before.

Yup, it seems when you check on their channel, it's only the preview. This is somewhat new though from TVN, usually they post some clips as well after it airs esp. since it's the pilot ep. Anyways, lots have been posting it on IG, so :D.

So I think that's why from the teasers, PBY was saying she remembers who the face belongs to and why she knows Lee Si Eon's character was 'her' ex..this is interesting...why she had Mi Do's face ^_^.

• Like 2

Just watched episode 1 with subs. Off to a solid start, though I already have soo many questions lol. 

So we definitely saw SY's new face in some other girl in the photo that SY had and also at the airport, right? Mi Do? And SY didn't like her, right? And that girl was on the phone with a plastic surgeon. So either that girl died during the plastic surgery, or because of the plastic surgery, SY was able to receive this girl's old face as her new face? I'm very curious about this, I don't know why. If that girl is still alive, will SY eventually come face to face with her? I don't know why they would show the girl otherwise or why we would learn that she knew SY from the photo ?? Based on the teaser trailers, it seems the detective guy knows Mi Do, so that will complicate matters more!

And how did CM's new face and body come to be? He was hovering over old CM like some ghost, so was he a real person at some point and his body and face are being used for reincarnation? 

I loved the cameo by Jung So Min and Seo In Guk. But who exactly were they supposed to be? Lol it wasn't explained really at all. They just zipped in and zipped back out. I hope we get a little more explanation on how this all works. 

Ok, moving on....the coffin scene. Who was the dude nailing the empty coffin shut? It seemed like he was a bad guy? Why wasn't he concerned with the fact that her body disappeared??? Did he secretly watch her get reincarnated maybe?? 

And what's up with the surgeon dude? And the suture made on the already dead body? I need more info, stat! Lol. 

Did anyone notice the strange man that the surgeon bumped into at the hospital? Was it the same man who was protesting his son's  murder outside the prosecutor's office? I don't think it was, meaning there is yet another suspicious character.

I guess we are being made to believe that this serial killer is on the loose and probably is the one who killed SY. But I think the surgeon, the dude the surgeon bumped into, the dude protesting outside (if not the same as from the hospital), and SY's prosecution partner all seem suspicious....oh yeah, and coffin nailing guy...

Also...what happened to CM's fiance?? ANOTHER mystery guy showed up and what? kidnapped her? Add airport mystery dude to my list above....OOF i'm gonna need a chart to keep track of this show! 

So the abyss ball (I love how he called it a dragon ball lol) said it revives the dead into the form of its soul. Is that speaking some to their new, respective outward appearances? We don't know much about CM as a person but he seems to have been/be a really good guy...is that why he became so handsome? And SY, we've learned more of her personality and it's not super sweet....she hated Mi Do (but why of course we don't know), she said CM was ugly (ok she didn't actually say he was ugly, but "have you seen him? he's totally not my type") (also i think she secretly did like CM but we'll see), and she was nice to new CM seemingly because of his physical appearance since CM thought, "she's usually not this nice", and also she wasn't particularly nice to him over the phone. Anyways where was I going with this?? My brain is overloaded sorry. I guess I'm just wondering how much the writer will speak on superficiality through the show. I think a lot! 

My favorite scene though the entire first episode was when CM had his shirt ripped off and his body was like magically glowing and everyone around him was in awe. Omg I laughed so hard. I thought it was cute how he was all shy and wanted to cover up too. Reminded me of those AHS shy, nervous clips that were so adorable. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Posted (edited)

Ep. 1 certainly caught my interest.  Really good first episode to intrigue and rouse our curiosities.  Loved the cameos, which were funny, cute, and unexpected by me. 

This must be the advanced version 2.0 of body-switching where two people don't merely exchange bodies.  They actually get new bodies, without going the plastic surgery route.

It is a definite advantage to have a different physical appearance, if one is chasing a serial killer. It's the ultimate undercover.   (Better than rubber dog masks or furry full-bodied costumes. :lol:)

Unfortunately, the Netflix subs aren't complete. There were several instances where we can clearly see the actors speaking, but whatever they said was not subbed. 

Edited by Auntie Mame
  • Like 6

@Auntie Mame I noticed twice where there was some speaking but no subtitles. I thought Netflix for sure would have complete subs. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again in ep 2... :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I've not watched the sub of ep1 and I'm really curious to know what happened to the two characters that Cha Min and Se Yeon reincarnated

• Like 4

Oh, I didn't realize it's available on Netflix. I was going to hold off from watching until episode 2 is out too, but who am I kidding :lol:!! I'll have to look out for those missing subs :huh:. Looking forward to seeing Seo In Guk and Jung So Min...even if it's just a short cameo :).

• Like 5

Wow, pretty good first episode! With so much mystery and unanswered questions building up, I am glad that the writer had CM and SY know of each other's true identity early on. However, I am very curious how they will manage to lead new lives for themselves. Since SY's death is known to the public, it's obvious she will have to assume the identity of the girl who CM ran into the airport. However, since CM's death was not known to anyone else, who does he become? Simply as CM's friend??

Side note: I really enjoyed Seo In Guk and Jung So Min's cameo especially the reference that the 100th million star has fallen. I hope more will be explained of who they are later.

• Like 5

PBY never fails to impress me with her excellent acting. I really love the last scene where Se Yeon was seeing her own funeral and the fear on her face that her parents couldn't regconize her and also when she realised her face change when she see the reflection from the car.

Can't wait to see how the two actors going to portral the role  between the ownself and as the person whom they reincarnated.

This my first drama of AHS and I must say he did a good job on ep1 where he gives me a totally different impression when I was watching him on Amazing Saturday with PBY :lol:

TVN Ofiical ig updated my favorite part of ep1

• Like 5

Loved Ep 1! Great intro and it piqued my curiosity on many things. 

I adored the the introduction of the magical orb named Abyss and its guardians. Great cameo by two very likeable actors. Apparently, the faces of the souls of the two characters who died are different from that of their bodies - explaining the face swap after resurrection. How and why are they different? There is a similar face amongst acquaintances for her, but for him? 

The orb pulses when it’s ready to do its work - by itself or thru the will of the bearer? Why was it given to Cha Min? It emitted light when the guy in the hood lay prone on that rainy day, but he wasn’t dead... he seemed to know about the orb when nailing the empty coffin shut, is he magical?

why kill her?

The detective/prosecutor (not sure what he is) working with Soyeon is kinda suspicious to me. His eyes dart around way too much. 

The leads are in so much trouble by the end of ep 1. I like it. Can’t wait to see how it unfolds.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Very much enjoyed the first episode but can't give a proper opinion because the version I watched did not have subtitles and video synced properly which made watching confusing.  Will have to watch again once I find aversion with video and subtitles that correspond!

I really enjoyed all the performances and I loved the humour and drama combined. I did think this first episode was a little confusing and rushed as they had to introduce everything and everyone and get to Park Bo Young's Se Yeon before the end. I was actually very surprised Park Bo Young didn't appear until the very end. Brave decision as she is the biggest star in the drama and the reason most people were watching!

So it seems like Cha Min had a long time crush on Se Yeon but finally moved on with the new fiancee. Se Yeon acts like she only just tolerates him and he is a nuisance but seems like they are closer than she will admit from her conversation with her colleague and she even trusts him enough to leave the door unlocked for CM whilst she is passed out drunk. Can't wait to see their new dynamic in their new bodies. Them against the world!:D

• Like 5

Abyss” Starring Park Bo Young And Ahn Hyo Seop Premieres To Impressive Ratings

tvN’s newest Monday-Tuesday drama “Abyss” is off to a great start!

“Abyss” is a fantasy drama that tells the story of two childhood friends, Go Se Yeon (Park Bo Young) and Cha Min (Ahn Hyo Seop), who are reincarnated by a magical stone called “Abyss.” After they are brought back to life, they embark on a quest to find their killer.

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 6 premiere episode of “Abyss” achieved an average rating of 3.9 percent and highest of 4.7 percent across all paid platforms including cable, IPTV, and satellite.

The drama also recorded an average of 2.6 percent and peaked at 3.3 percent for tvN’s target age group of 2049 (people between the ages of 20 and 49). Thus, it achieved the highest 2049 viewership ratings among dramas in its time slot including those from public broadcasting channels.

The second episode of “Abyss” will air on May 7 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1322679wpp/abyss-starring-park-bo-young-and-ahn-hyo-seop-premieres-to-impressive-ratings

• Like 5

only a few minutes until the next episode starts... if you wanna help abyss, bo young and hyo seop trend on naver so the drama can get more visibility, please click these links every 5 to 10 minutes for the next hour or so... that's just it and it'll really help:

abyss: http://naver.me/GIvL28On  

bo young: http://naver.me/IDhRt47H

hyo seop: http://http://naver.me/xNOSwPZt

abyss trended at number one on naver all throughout last night and this morning, hyo seop and kim sa rang trend as well so it'd be cool to repeat it today! ^_^

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, adqu said:

only a few minutes until the next episode starts... if you wanna help abyss, bo young and hyo seop trend on naver so the drama can get more visibility, please click these links every 5 to 10 minutes for the next hour or so... that's just it and it'll really help:

abyss: http://naver.me/GIvL28On  

bo young: http://naver.me/IDhRt47H

hyo seop: http://http://naver.me/xNOSwPZt

abyss trended at number one on naver all throughout last night and this morning, hyo seop and kim sa rang trend as well so it'd be cool to repeat it today! ^_^

Thank you for the links. Clicking on them now!

That's great about the trending! Hope Abyss does great tonight now the Tiny Queen Park Bo Young is back onscreen for the whole episode :D

• Like 3