Quantcast
Jump to content
RPM

[ MAINLAND CHINESE DRAMA 2019 ] The Untamed 陈情令

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, shuwei said:

hmm I wish ep 20 did more with WWX's experiences in Yiling. like that's the one thing they could have spend their extra runtime on instead of all that time at Wen Qing's place. but I am pleasantly surprised at all the gory details of his return and how good he looks whew

 

one thing that I really dig though is the "confrontation" between LWJ and WWX. although the lines are pretty much completely intact, the scene conveys a totally different dynamic from the novel and other adaptations. them adding this WWX expression after LWJ left is SO good.

  Hide contents

 

aaaahhh I love Xiao Zhan so much, talented king!

can you translate what was that confrontation about.. didn't understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 2:53 AM, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Stills for ep 15 & 16. I just finished watching the 2 episode, I need to find a corner. It's too painful.

Shoutout to Wen Zhuliu who drinks the wine despite knowing it was drugged. 

006sIYfQly1g4shuv07byj32p81su1l2.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shuscukmj32p81sunph.jpg

  Hide contents

006sIYfQly1g4shuxk0yrj32p81ste83.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shut7de0j32p81stqv7.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shutw04mj32p81stb2b.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shuw7khtj32p81ste84.jpg

 

Ahhhhh I knew it'd be a tear-jerker episode!!! I haven't watched it yet. Been holding out till all the episodes for this week comes out so I can mitigate the pain from the Lotus-Pier segment with WWX making his kickass reappearance. Poor LZ tho :') I suppose their contentious relationship will last for a while... Can't wait for present day WangXian to happen!!!! Though like what @shuwei said, I think many of the more controversial present day scenes will be cut out due to the censorship... all those drunk LZ scenes T.T though I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping some of it will remain intact. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is the schedule of the drama?

which days, how many raws and how many subbed ..

 

i know 6 subbed every day, but which days?

and raw are ahead by how many episodes and again what frequency,w hich dayS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

what is the schedule of the drama?

which days, how many raws and how many subbed ..

 

i know 6 subbed every day, but which days?

and raw are ahead by how many episodes and again what frequency,w hich dayS?

If I'm not mistaken, the drama schedule is 2 eps per day, from Mon to Wed, so 6 eps per week. Apparently, premium users are 4 eps ahead of others (I'm guessing they're at ep24) As for the subbed ones, I guess it depends.

You can watch the raw ones here: https://qdramas.net/cn190627/ as per the schedule listed above. Latest ep is 20. 

Edited by dreamxx
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

can you translate what was that confrontation about.. didn't understand

the gist

+ some JC interjections like “this is Yunmeng’s business, he’s not gonna come with you” before LWJ leaves

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Who is WangXian? Is it Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian?

yes.. it is the 

Spoiler

name of the song  - their couple song :P .. Lan zahn composed it and played it only once in the novel .. in that tortoise cave when Wei asked him to sing.. wei didn't catch the name of the song back then.. 

 

therefore LZ knows, that no one knows about this song. .. the only other person who ever heard it is Wei :P

 

guy was already so deeply in love with Wei by then

 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im enjoying their offcreen chemistry too.  You can't but just smile while watching these two kid play.  I don't see Wang Yibo hitting others as much as he hits Xiao Zhan.  Also I enjoy Xiao Zhan constantly calling out Wang Yibo's name.  I think just as many or more than Wei Ying calling out Lan Zhan's name.  Can't wait for their Happy Camp and all their other interviews!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol.. i was watching videos on loop..

thnk god people have provided some translation in comments..

 

so difficult to wait for new episodes..

 

 

I don't understand aren't 6 episodes supposed to release each week? we should be either on ep 18 or ep 24..

how are we at ep 20

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't understand aren't 6 episodes supposed to release each week? we should be either on ep 18 or ep 24..

how are we at ep 20

 

Initially, it was 4 episodes per week. Due to good response, this was subsequently changed to 6 per week.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im glad they change it!!!  I can't wait for when they switch back to the present time line.  ^^  I'll just go re-read the novel while I wait for Monday to come back again.  Wangxian\Bozhan  :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know where WWX gets his flute? I am a bit confused because he got the sword from the 'creature' shell and I assume he kept the sword in his pouch...and when bleed into it, it sort of activated the darkness within...we see how the darkness overwhelm him and it keep asking him does he want revenge and then the sword appears, he picked it up... Now my question is where did the flute came from? Did the sword turn into the flute? 

 

For novel reader, can I ask the background of this flute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Anyone know where WWX gets his flute? I am a bit confused because he got the sword from the 'creature' shell and I assume he kept the sword in his pouch...and when bleed into it, it sort of activated the darkness within...we see how the darkness overwhelm him and it keep asking him does he want revenge and then the sword appears, he picked it up... Now my question is where did the flute came from? Did the sword turn into the flute? 

 

For novel reader, can I ask the background of this flute?

in the novel, WWX's flute is a flute that he made during his time in Yiling. there's not much details because he does have the ability to control the dead with any flute, it doesn't have to made of a specific material. this is kept the same in the drama as seen in ep 1 where he just cut down a random bamboo tree and made a flute on the spot

Spoiler

 

what he did with the sword in the novel was turn it into the Stygian Tiger Seal (this object also already made its appearance in the first scene of ep 1). I think the drama is gonna keep this the same too.

 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 12:38 AM, kkrystal said:

Im glad they change it!!!  I can't wait for when they switch back to the present time line.  ^^  I'll just go re-read the novel while I wait for Monday to come back again.  Wangxian\Bozhan  :wub::wub::wub::wub:

lol.. i have also re read it for the 10th time since drama aired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shuwei said:

in the novel, WWX's flute is a flute that he made during his time in Yiling. there's not much details because he does have the ability to control the dead with any flute, it doesn't have to made of a specific material. this is kept the same in the drama as seen in ep 1 where he just cut down a random bamboo tree and made a flute on the spot

  Hide contents

 

what he did with the sword in the novel was turn it into the Stygian Tiger Seal (this object also already made its appearance in the first scene of ep 1). I think the drama is gonna keep this the same too.

 

actually background of stygian they have changed in the drama..

 

the whole scene of them going into cave and the woman telling them that stygian seal exists from time immemorial and then their journey to "find" stygian seal.. this is all new stuff.. but what they have really done is taken the adventures from present and put them into this storyline e.g. the flower girl thing..

 

Spoiler

Me just waiting for romance..

because in novel, in present day, Lan Zahn is like constantly princess carrying WX or hugging him or you know always ready to hold him and such..

 

i don't know how they will show us here.. but dying for all those scenes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

actually background of stygian they have changed in the drama..

 

the whole scene of them going into cave and the woman telling them that stygian seal exists from time immemorial and then their journey to "find" stygian seal.. this is all new stuff.. but what they have really done is taken the adventures from present and put them into this storyline e.g. the flower girl thing..

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Me just waiting for romance..

because in novel, in present day, Lan Zahn is like constantly princess carrying WX or hugging him or you know always ready to hold him and such..

 

i don't know how they will show us here.. but dying for all those scenes

 

there are 2 seals in the drama: WWX's 阴虎符 (aka the Stygian Tiger Seal from the novel) and Wen Ruohan's 阴铁 (roughly translated to Dark Metal, a new invention by the drama). WWX's Stygian seal has only appeared in the first scene of ep 1 and looks completely different than the Wen clan seal they're trying to find

 

I actually see a lot of confusion about this everywhere so I'm guessing it has to do with the quality of the eng subs? cos there's no way to mix the 2 seals up in Chinese, their names are very different. edit: wait never mind I checked the WeTV subs and they differentiated them clearly, one is called Stygian Tiger Amulet and the other is called Yin Iron

  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...