Quantcast
RPM

[ MAINLAND CHINESE DRAMA 2019 ] The Untamed 陈情令

On 2/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, 抹茶.Latte said:

Oh yes. His acting is one of the reason I am watching the drama again. He is currently filming another drama - Legend of Fei with Zhao Liying. Based on the description of the role, he is supposed to be quite cheeky and I think he managed to give off that vibe in the trailer for the drama. I'm definitely looking forward to his action scenes. He is really stable and light probably due to his dance training.

Totally agreed. Without any former training as an actor, Yibo was terrific. I

On 1/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, Kittycreamz said:

one question:how is the older half brother DEAD?

There are 2 spinoffs.  Besides the 2 main leads, Wen Ning is my other favorite and has a movie with Lan Sizhui.  It is called "The Living Dead." The other one is "The Fatal Journey." It will  focus on the Nie brothers and Jin Guangyao. 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, Bea said:

No. BL dramas are implied in China, they can't explicitly show them kissing or confessing to each other, but it's clear from their interactions, loving gazes and actions that they are in love. Homosexuality is not illegal, but being portrayed explicitly on film is not allowed so everything has to be implied which they did very well in this one, and intentionally. The filmmakers and the actors consider is a love story between two men. It's the whole reason why WeTV is releasing a special edition cut that is focused on the relationship between these two characters while promoting them in social media as a couple and re-arranging scenes and adding new stuff to make it even more obvious (including that ending). 

So Lan Wangji getting married to someone else? never going to happen since the cast and crew did this intentional as a lan wangji/wei wuxian couple even when implied. And even Wei wuxian then marry his daughter? Bro no. You're just reaching, that will never ever happen except maybe in your imagination. It would absolutely not make sense with either character. 

Totally agreed. If you are a fan of this drama, watch the Special Edition.  I saw both versions and really enjoyed the Special Edition.

• Like 1

I think the director and production made a mistake  at  the ending in original version.

They made many fans who don't read the novel yet asked many questionsand confuse about LZ & WY's future !

The knew this so why they made the special version after to correct it

and there's no more the separate scene.

For me , in the original version, they should let the separate scene before the scene they play

together their love song wangxuan the place for me, it's sure  Cloud Recesses .

It means WY is tired and sad after wondering in the workd alone without LZ and he comes back

playing their love song and hearing a warming voice calls him " Wei Ying ".

And they are together at Cloud Recesses !

I think  there's no problem with the censorship of the ministry of culture , they just swich 2 scenes

before and after; that's all.....no problems and no questions anymore.

Everyone is happy and satisfied hahaha !

For me I don't like so mush the remake...movies or dramas already very successful ,well done

and very popular. It's very a hard work for actors who play in the remake and I don't see until now the

remake is more successful than the original...

For ex ; - Scarlet heart Ryeo can't compare to Scarlet heart chinese; Lee Joon ki and IU couldn't compare

with Nicky Wu & Liu Shi Shi !

-  Naeil's Cantabile of korean was a failure, the original of japan is the best !

And I don't see in the past there are many sects , fairy ....like in china, so I don't know how they can do !

Bref ! If they do, I hope they'll choose young actors, tall and having a fairy looks...

For the role od Lan Zhan : I like Kim Soo Hyun and Nam Joo Hyuk....they can playing calmly and 

can express the feelings with theirs faces....I like KSH but I prefer NJH !

For the role of Wu Xuan I think of 2 guys : Lee Jong Suk & Park Bo Gum ; they are talkative and can play

sad scenes too !

Just my hope hihihi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

For me , in the original version, they should let the separate scene before the scene they play

together their love song wangxuan the place for me, it's sure  Cloud Recesses .

It means WY is tired and sad after wondering in the workd alone without LZ and he comes back

playing their love song and hearing a warming voice calls him " Wei Ying ".

And they are together at Cloud Recesses !

I think  there's no problem with the censorship of the ministry of culture , they just swich 2 scenes

before and after; that's all.....no problems and no questions anymore.

For the role od Lan Zhan : I like Kim Soo Hyun and Nam Joo Hyuk....they can playing calmly and 

can express the feelings with theirs faces....I like KSH but I prefer NJH !

For the role of Wu Xuan I think of 2 guys : Lee Jong Suk & Park Bo Gum ; they are talkative and can play

sad scenes too !

Just my hope hihihi

Yeah. I think many people, including the Chinese fans, prefer the ending of the special version and regard it as the true ending. Unfortunately they can't do the same in China as the male leads cannot appear in the ending scene together unless one is dead or they are shown going separate ways. This is why the scenes have to be arranged the way they were in the original version.

I also have Nam Joo Hyuk in my mind when I'm thinking about the K version! But it is for the role of WY :lol: I think he has a great smile. KSH as LZ would be so sizzling hot. OMG.

• Like 1

I was reading the novel again and some fans claimed (not proven) that in the original version of the novel, everything that happened after 16 years was just LZ's dream. WY never came back. Just thinking about this sends a shiver down my spine. I'm glad the production team never picked up this idea or I'm never going to watch this drama for sure. I will die of a broken heart. Can't imagine LZ waking up from his dream and live out the rest of his life waiting for WY.

2 hours ago, 抹茶.Latte said:

I was reading the novel again and some fans claimed (not proven) that in the original version of the novel, everything that happened after 16 years was just LZ's dream. WY never came back. Just thinking about this sends a shiver down my spine. I'm glad the production team never picked up this idea or I'm never going to watch this drama for sure. I will die of a broken heart. Can't imagine LZ waking up from his dream and live out the rest of his life waiting for WY.

Hahaha the drama had been finished but there are many imaginations from fans .

I'm not finished all chaps of the novel; just from 1 to 30 and from 79 to the end , it meens chap 113 !

on the site I read there are some more additions from the autor; I'll finish later.

For sure  it's not a dream! I don't know those fans have many negative imaginations!

The real ending is good : happiness !Bonheur ! love ; Vive l'Amour !

I think NJH's smile looks alike WYB's more than KSH.

Another actor can play LZ role very well is ...Park Hae Jin but he is.....over 30 now ! I don't say he's old

but the characters are..youngs !

There's something very important if korean wants doing the remake

it's that the production & director must find a great compositor bc 1/3 of The untamed's success is....the music !

This is an articles about the drama in france

Basically it's a boy’s love, necessarily given the censorship we have no right to anything explicit. Our two heroes simply devour each other's eyes, protect each other, cry when they separate, but nothing will go further. Besides, even for no other characters there will be an "amorous" outpouring. On the other hand, they are big worries of brother / sister complex… Wei Wu Xian has his character, he is impulsive and arrogant, quite the opposite of the reserved Lan Wangji, whatever they are like yin and yan, they complement each other and attract each other like two magnets. Lan Wangji always tries to keep him on the right path because he knows he is selfless and that he thinks above all of the others behind his little smile, himself will break some rules for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 抹茶.Latte said:

lol that bit about fans claiming this is a headcanon, it will never be proven because it never existed. the original version of the novel is almost the same as the second and third version, it's just that the revised versions are longer, and mxtx expanded upon some scenes, characters, included extras and longer sex scenes. it was never in her plans to have lan zhan imagine all that since 1) novel is from wwx's pov and 2) all of her main couples have happy endings. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, diane90 said:

Hahaha the drama had been finished but there are many imaginations from fans .

I'm not finished all chaps of the novel; just from 1 to 30 and from 79 to the end , it meens chap 113 !

on the site I read there are some more additions from the autor; I'll finish later.

For sure  it's not a dream! I don't know those fans have many negative imaginations!

The real ending is good : happiness !Bonheur ! love ; Vive l'Amour !

I think NJH's smile looks alike WYB's more than KSH.

Another actor can play LZ role very well is ...Park Hae Jin but he is.....over 30 now ! I don't say he's old

but the characters are..youngs !

There's something very important if korean wants doing the remake

it's that the production & director must find a great compositor bc 1/3 of The untamed's success is....the music !

This is an articles about the drama in france

Basically it's a boy’s love, necessarily given the censorship we have no right to anything explicit. Our two heroes simply devour each other's eyes, protect each other, cry when they separate, but nothing will go further. Besides, even for no other characters there will be an "amorous" outpouring. On the other hand, they are big worries of brother / sister complex… Wei Wu Xian has his character, he is impulsive and arrogant, quite the opposite of the reserved Lan Wangji, whatever they are like yin and yan, they complement each other and attract each other like two magnets. Lan Wangji always tries to keep him on the right path because he knows he is selfless and that he thinks above all of the others behind his little smile, himself will break some rules for him.

Right now there are 126 chapters. I hope you find all of them! Yes, whoever that is going to do a remake will face a very big challenge!

Lol... I like the "devour each other's eyes" description in the article. That is so on point :lol:

20 hours ago, Bea said:

lol that bit about fans claiming this is a headcanon, it will never be proven because it never existed. the original version of the novel is almost the same as the second and third version, it's just that the revised versions are longer, and mxtx expanded upon some scenes, characters, included extras and longer sex scenes. it was never in her plans to have lan zhan imagine all that since 1) novel is from wwx's pov and 2) all of her main couples have happy endings. 

Oh well. I guess some fans just want to watch the world burn XD I'm just glad the production team didn't pick this up while trying to come up with something to satisfy Chinese censorship.

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker here. I really love this series. I just wish they released all the background and instrumental music. Like this version of Wuji. I can't find this version with the cello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=LGTaGsMMe00

And the cute background instrumental in this scene with sizhui and jingyi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VivAWi__GMQ

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kim_Shin said:

Hello everyone! Long-time lurker here. I really love this series. I just wish they released all the background and instrumental music. Like this version of Wuji. I can't find this version with the cello.

I think that since they are promoting "The Untamed Boys" concerts and world tour, they only want music sang by the actors. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kim_Shin said:

Hello! That version of Wuji is the full version. It is like a teaser / bonus for the Wuji sang by XZ and YB. Regarding this version, there is a rumour that the producer (who is a fan of the novel) asked XZ and YB to hold hands at the end which is why you see them looking shy and smiling at each other at around 2:04. Whatever the truth is, XZ's expression there is priceless though. You can literally feel him shouting for help in his heart XD 

For the cute background music, I am guessing it might be something generic. That's why it is not included. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 抹茶.Latte said:

Hello! That version of Wuji is the full version. It is like a teaser / bonus for the Wuji sang by XZ and YB. Regarding this version, there is a rumour that the producer (who is a fan of the novel) asked XZ and YB to hold hands at the end which is why you see them looking shy and smiling at each other at around 2:04. Whatever the truth is, XZ's expression there is priceless though. You can literally feel him shouting for help in his heart XD 

For the cute background music, I am guessing it might be something generic. That's why it is not included. 

Haha, I love their chemistry on and off screen. The whole cast seems to have become close. I hope that they still keep in touch. 

I hope they release the instrumental of this full version of Wuji. I saw some comments in that video and some people are looking for it too.

@Sun Tzu I see. I watched the mv of their song and although "The Untamed Boys" are cute they need Wang Yibo to teach them how to polish their dance, haha. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, Kim_Shin said:

Haha, I love their chemistry on and off screen. The whole cast seems to have become close. I hope that they still keep in touch. 

I hope so too. The rivalry between XZ and YB's fans are getting a little out of control recently. I just hope whatever happen between the fans does not affect their friendship. It would be nice to see them hang out like Wallace Huo and Hu Ge a few years down the road.

• Like 3

Have anyone watch the cartoon/anime on Youtube? I need part 3!!! Love the cartoon version, anime WWX is badass!!!

I finished the tv series a few weeks ago and I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms! I am currently watching their bts and interviews. I came across this interview:

Does anyone know what the song or where I can find the reaction edit video in 2.55? I have been searching through the yt comments and online and cannot find anything.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Jess1 said:

I finished the tv series a few weeks ago and I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms! I am currently watching their bts and interviews. I came across this interview:

Does anyone know what the song or where I can find the reaction edit video in 2.55? I have been searching through the yt comments and online and cannot find anything.

Welcome to the hood, the withdrawal is real^^!!! Sorry, I am not help to your question---Maybe try dailymotion or ask in the comment section on youtube?? 

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Welcome to the hood, the withdrawal is real^^!!! Sorry, I am not help to your question---Maybe try dailymotion or ask in the comment section on youtube?? 

I have checked the comment section on youtube and it seems a lot of people are also asking for it but nobody seems to know the answer. Thank you! I will try dailymotion!

• Like 1