Quantcast
RPM

[ MAINLAND CHINESE DRAMA 2019 ] The Untamed 陈情令

6 hours ago, diane90 said:

When WWx asks LZ how he recongnize him;

LZ said " think about it "??! For me, it's the time when WWx plays the song LZ made with his flute right ????!

Yes, because he only played that song to WWX and no one else.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Yes, because he only played that song to WWX and no one else.

LZ  called the song : WangXian :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eerylin-heaven said:

LZ  called the song : WangXian :wub:

If only WY heard him then. I love how they quietly slipped the actual name of the song into the drama.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, diane90 said:

For the actings : I think the 2 leading roles did well theirs characters but there's a plus for Yi Bo who

plays LZ : playing without talking is difficult but he expresses his feelings through his eyes just perfect.

I think this role is made for him, the role for life and I hope he'll play another character to break this image

like Leo Dicaprio who broke his image in Titanic. If you stuck in one role'image, you can't improves yours

skills and difficult to find another good character. Like the actor who plays harry Potter, after HP's movies

he can't play others bc of his image in there.

Oh yes. His acting is one of the reason I am watching the drama again. He is currently filming another drama - Legend of Fei with Zhao Liying. Based on the description of the role, he is supposed to be quite cheeky and I think he managed to give off that vibe in the trailer for the drama. I'm definitely looking forward to his action scenes. He is really stable and light probably due to his dance training.

• Like 2

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I was trying to go on discord to listen to the audio, but it's hard to do it. I'm going to start the novel first--I guess.

I want part 2!!! Wishful thinking, but I want the Untamed movie :)!!!! Please, can we petition to the producer of the Untamed^^!!

Thanks for replying me.

I found it yesterday after asking you and I like this version bc it's shorter

and it's forcus on WangZhan couple and there're less useless action scenes

betwwen faulse " right " cultivators !

after the drama do you think reading the novel or manhua is better ?

or watching the anime ????? I'd like to try one hehehehe 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diane90 said:

Thanks for replying me.

I found it yesterday after asking you and I like this version bc it's shorter

and it's forcus on WangZhan couple and there're less useless action scenes

betwwen faulse " right " cultivators !

after the drama do you think reading the novel or manhua is better ?

or watching the anime ????? I'd like to try one hehehehe 

reading the novel might be better since it's already completed and you'll get the whole story. After reading the novel, you MUST re-watch The Untamed again because you will notice new things that probably held no significance to you but it was important. The manhua is great but it's in progress and still has, like, 25% to go. The donghua (anime) is also good but it only has two seasons and it's less than halfway done in terms of story I think. Plus the relationship between lwj and wwx is more of a bromance than anything and it focuses more on demonic cultivation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diane90 said:

@Bea  thanks

but where can i find the novel in english ?? search in google right ?!

Yes, google search^^. I found it on there too. Many sources.

13 hours ago, rosierosie said:

We not only need a part 2. We need a part 2 with the same actors!! XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 抹茶.Latte said:

We not only need a part 2. We need a part 2 with the same actors!! XD

Yeah, I think that would be great. 

I also don't mind if other actors do it, if YB and XZ don't have time.

I wondered who can played WG and WY, besides XZ and YB^^? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diane90 said:

@Bea  thanks

but where can i find the novel in english ?? search in google right ?!

Hi I have this novel in ePub format along with other novels by the same author.  PM with your email and I can send them to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Whoever takes over might be flamed real hard though.

Actually,  it would be good also if we have a Korean version of it. Any suggestions for Korean WY and LZ?? XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

I don't think that will ever happen. Can you imagine the harassment they would fall under if they ever thought of replacing them with a season 2? 

maybe after china changes its laws on censorship they might make a remake. That i could fall behind. But season 2 with other actors would kinda be disrespectful to the original cast and not be the same at all and i bet that would be the biggest complaint.

...I would love a japanese and korean adaptation though

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bea said:

I don't think that will ever happen. Can you imagine the harassment they would fall under if they ever thought of replacing them with a season 2? 

maybe after china changes its laws on censorship they might make a remake. That i could fall behind. But season 2 with other actors would kinda be disrespectful to the original cast and not be the same at all and i bet that would be the biggest complaint.

...I would love a japanese and korean adaptation though

Yeah, a Japan and Korea version would be great to see^^. True, many fans would disagree with the different casting.

Hello everyone, so I went searching the novel and after seeing there are ......... 126 chapters 

I think I'll do the same as I watched the series .......jumpng chapters ( like eps ) :dizzy:

I don't have the courage hahaha !

Last night I rewatched the 2 first eps for seeing the moment LZ recognizes WX, it's very touching !:love:

But I have many questions , hope someone can give me the clear answers plizz!

1) Why Mo WuanYu sacrifices his body to WX ?

2) When he asked ATong how long he comes from Jinnitai, ATong said : 13 years while WX died 

16 years ago....what happened during 3 years ???

3) In the first scene when the story teller talks about WX's story to Gusu Lan's cultivators, there's

someone in black with a fan and after hi gives a piece of gold to the teller, WHO is he ???

I  think ( as I understand even very clear)..... maybe it's the one who organizes all the things above

and everything after to eleminate Jin GangYao :  mister coward, " I don't know "....Nie HuaiSang ?????

If it's him....wow, he's very smart and strong; nobody discover him...........just WX & LZ but in the end bravo !

And the 4th question is : why nobody can find WX's body  ?????

thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diane90 said:

1) Why Mo WuanYu sacrifices his body to WX ?

2) When he asked ATong how long he comes from Jinnitai, ATong said : 13 years while WX died 

16 years ago....what happened during 3 years ???

3) In the first scene when the story teller talks about WX's story to Gusu Lan's cultivators, there's

someone in black with a fan and after hi gives a piece of gold to the teller, WHO is he ???

I  think ( as I understand even very clear)..... maybe it's the one who organizes all the things above

and everything after to eleminate Jin GangYao :  mister coward, " I don't know "....Nie HuaiSang ?????

If it's him....wow, he's very smart and strong; nobody discover him...........just WX & LZ but in the end bravo !

And the 4th question is : why nobody can find WX's body  ?????

thank you.

You can also read and watch at the same time. It will help fill up the gaps in the drama and give some closure.

I have put my response in the spoiler as some people may not have finished the drama / novel. Hope the answers help!

Spoiler

1. From the novel, MXY wanted revenge on the Mo family and Jin GuangYao. Nie HuaiSang came to know about it and influenced MXY to sacrifice himself to bring back WY to help him seek revenge. 

2. I think you are referring to Ep1 when WY ask Ah Tong how old is he (MXY) when he went to Carp Tower? I think there is no conflict between MXY being 13 years old and WY dying 16 years ago. It just means MXY went to Carp Tower 3 years after WY died. If you are asking about the novel, WY did not die at Nightless City. LZ saved him and brought him back to Burial Mount. WY only died 3 years (amended to 3 months subsequently) later while trying to destroy the seal. WY eventually destroyed half of the seal but got devoured by the zombies in the process.

3. It is Nie HuaiSang. You can tell from the clan emblem on the sleeve and the fan. It is the same as what LZ sliced from NHS when he and WY were trying to uncover the secrets of the human eating tower. And yes, Mister Coward NHS is the mastermind behind everything. Somebody needs to give this guy an Oscar XD

4. In the drama, it is not explained. Even WY himself said that he don't know where he was. In the novel, he was devoured by the zombies... so nothing is left :tears: 

• Like 1

Someone did a video of LZ gazing at WY in chronological order. Can you tell when his gaze becomes softer??

I think Yibo really did a good job portraying the different ways LZ look at WY during each period of time especially since filming is not done in chronological order.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62629387/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

• Love 1

Currently watching the Untamed Special ed., and on ep 14^^. Re-watching and catching the small details, and moments again bring tears to my eyes. The relationship and friendship between WY and LZ is just so sweet and genuine. They are really made for each other.

When WY asked if LZ went to find him, after he falls down the cliff----LZ paused (I was like????????) then I remember because he got punished :(.....

Happy Galentine's Day, or Valentines Day to all of you :).

edit: I finished the special edition!!!^^ It was just amazing to relived all the beautiful moments of WY/LZ!!! The emotional scenes with the Jiang siblings/ WY/A'Yuan reunion, LZ recognized WY etc--makes me teary over again. This is one of the best adaptation of BL so far. Great acting, plot and osts!!! 

• Like 1