[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

36 minutes ago, MK916 said:

I am an avid reader and have a HUGE collection of ePubs that I’ve created. I liked the drama so much that I wanted to read the novel which turned out to be amazing as well. I do a grammatical check and format with as much detail as possible (such as table of contents, footnotes and add pictures) on everything I’ve read. I just want other people to enjoy reading it as much as I did in a more accessible way such as on phone/tablet instead of having to go online to read them.

H!  Please send me the link too. I just messaged you. Thank you!

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My personal thoughts and review of the ending: (Spoiler ahead)   I know there were mix feelings and perspective regarding the ending for viewers...but I honestly can say that I like this end

This is my first time posting to this website. It was my first time every reading a BL novel in my entire life and I must say the book was so GOOD! I’ve never been into those books but I must say I wa

SPOILER ALERT   I hope that this has explained all of your queries

I found an extra chapter in the Audio drama of Mo Dao Zu Shi on YouTube (but can’t find that video again) about Raising Rabbits.

Lan Xichen found a herd of wild rabbits when he was resting somewhere in the Cloud Recesses. He took them with him to give to Lan Wangji, so that the rabbits given to him by Wei Wuxian would have some company. Lan Xichen remarks that things will become more lively when Lan Wangji’s rabbits have babies,but Lan Wangji tells him his rabbits are both male! Lan Xichen tells him that the rabbits seems to have different personalities, one seems to like tranquility but the other one seemed more sociable. The sociable one is already making new friends with the other rabbits, but the quiet one is scaring them all away. Lan Wangji says that the rabbit is only protecting what’s “his”.Lan Xichen remarks that he has never seen a white rabbit get so aggressive over its territory. Lan Wangji tells him it’s not about territory!!! He takes his rabbits away because the quiet rabbit was getting so aggressive over protecting its “mate”.

I’m guessing all the other rabbits are female...So the quiet rabbit didn’t want its mate to get so popular with the ladies.Ha ha even the rabbits in Cloud Recesses get jealous and possessive.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Hi, this is my first time posting on the thread. I usually just read the thread without leaving a comment or anything... But I do want to know where one can read the English translation of the novel. I recently just finished watching the Untamed and really want to try out the novel. If anyone can kindly tell me where I can read the English version of the novel, I would appreciate it! Thank you!

I found a page that lists all the available Audio Drama episodes with English subs for Mo Dao Zu Shi, if anyone wants to check it out. (Not sure if I can post link publicly)

The extra episodes are hilarious! My favourite so far is the one about the Flower Maiden and the bad poetry Wei Wuxian recited to make her throw him out of her garden and reveal what she really looked like. This part was from the chapter where Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian take the junior disciples near an abandoned garden that was once famous. Lan Sizhui tells the others about a story he once read about the Flower Maiden.She would gift a flower to people who recited poetry well, but no one actually saw her face. Only one person was annoying enough to make her throw him out multiple times...He was Wei Wuxian!!!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, car12Aniime said:

Hi, this is my first time posting on the thread. I usually just read the thread without leaving a comment or anything... But I do want to know where one can read the English translation of the novel. I recently just finished watching the Untamed and really want to try out the novel. If anyone can kindly tell me where I can read the English version of the novel, I would appreciate it! Thank you!

You can read the English translation from exiledrebelsscanlation online. If you’re interested in an electronic ePub version, PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy.

• Like 3

I found another fan made song I liked. Not sure if I translated the title correctly though, I couldn’t find this term on Baidu.

重饮 ( Drinking Again together)

WWX:

哪一轮明月曾照楼头

Moonlight has once shined down on these towers

交错间莞尔风流

Intertwined with a carefree smile

那时笑言的 一醉解千愁

At the time said with a smile, one drunken reverie dispels a thousand sorrows

云深本无忧 何须借酒

The Cloud Recesses is originally without sorrows, no need to borrow wine (get drunk)

LWJ:

问岂曰无衣 与子同仇

Asking how can you say you have no clothes? (This line if from a famous poem,refers to the enthusiasm of soldiers) Sharing with you a common enemy 

人非草木孰能休

People are not grasses and trees, who can rest?

纵歧路一别 从此难回首

At the fork in the road we parted, from then on it is hard to turn back

落笔犹探问 今日安否

Writing to inquire, today are you well?

年少心事未及思量透

In youth affairs of the heart were not yet considered clearly

便匆匆跌宕一去赴洪流

You had already recklessly fallen into the flood 

若这不平人间道 能护你再重走

If you are unsatisfied with the ways of the world,  am I able to protect you to retreat again?

可否将痛憾倾力挽救

Is it possible to remedy suffering, regret and losses ?

LWJ:

哪一轮明月又照桥头

Moonlight once again shines down on the bridge

心之所向尽如旧

My heart is the same as from the beginning (My Heart is unchanged)

经年暗涌的 醒来都缄口

The years filled with undercurrents flow, awakening only in silence

连一声有悔 也只借酒

Even a word of regret is said in drunkenness 

WWX:

十六载一梦 翻覆春秋

One dream of sixteen years,overturning the seasons 

目之所及仍相候

One gaze within reach always waiting behind

灰烬里捧囬 从此与君剖

Returning from the ashes, from then opening my heart with you

这一生零落 能得安否

One lifetime is wasted, is it possible to be well?

而今欲买枇杷同载酒

Today we buy loquats and drink together 

前尘入喉 终不似少年游

Past events enter vulnerabilities (cause pain),in the end we cannot return to our youthful travels

枯守过几番霜雪 落眉睫 满襟袖

Guarding in vain over many seasons of frost and snow, falling on eyelashes, filling up sleeves

可否等到谁来共白首

Is it possible to wait for someone to return, to grow old together?

那一轮明月终照心头

Moonlight finally shines down on my heart

不夜长街遥相望 笑悠悠

On the Nightless City’s long road gazing at each other from the distance, smiling leisurely 

梦回天灯共一诺 并肩去 更何求

Dreaming of our promise to the sky lanterns, carrying the burden together, what more could we wish for?

听横笛快意 琴声温柔

Listening to the joyful sounds of the flute, gentle sounds of the zither

愿江湖快意 岁月温柔

Wishing for the martial arts world to be joyful,the years to be kind

• Like 3
On 9/10/2019 at 6:55 PM, MK916 said:

You can read the English translation from exiledrebelsscanlation online. If you’re interested in an electronic ePub version, PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy.

Thank you so much MK916! I've PMed you my email.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, frostflower14 said:

I found a page that lists all the available Audio Drama episodes with English subs for Mo Dao Zu Shi, if anyone wants to check it out. (Not sure if I can post link publicly)

The extra episodes are hilarious! My favourite so far is the one about the Flower Maiden and the bad poetry Wei Wuxian recited to make her throw him out of her garden and reveal what she really looked like. This part was from the chapter where Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian take the junior disciples near an abandoned garden that was once famous. Lan Sizhui tells the others about a story he once read about the Flower Maiden.She would gift a flower to people who recited poetry well, but no one actually saw her face. Only one person was annoying enough to make her throw him out multiple times...He was Wei Wuxian!!!

Can you PM the link?

@frostflower14 Can you also PM me a link to the translation, please?

Also, does anyone know if there will be a season 2 to The Untamed? I ask because it seemed odd to leave the cunning younger half brother coming lose where he could still cause troubles especially now that his older half brother is dead and he wanted the role Lan Zhang ended up getting in cultivation.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:15 PM, LanaLiz said:

@frostflower14 Can you also PM me a link to the translation, please?

Also, does anyone know if there will be a season 2 to The Untamed? I ask because it seemed odd to leave the cunning younger half brother coming lose where he could still cause troubles especially now that his older half brother is dead and he wanted the role Lan Zhang ended up getting in cultivation.

Nope, there will not be one. But are you watching a different drama? hahah. Who si the cunning younger half brother? Nie Huai Shang? He is not cunning and all he wanted is to revenge for his elder brother. Maybe you can give me name and we will help to explain to you.

The latest Audio Drama extra release is Into the Dream part 2. Its part of Incense Burner extra chapters, but the Audio Drama has toned it down quite a lot.

In this part, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji walk into Lan Wangji’s dream. They witness a young Wei Wuxian tease a young Lan Wangji with a book of naughty pictures. However, in this dream they actually get into a fight in the Library and Lan Wangji even made up some dialogue for Wei Wuxian. At the end of the fight, Lan Wangji tosses both their swords out the window and when Wei Wuxian tries to jump out of the window to retrieve his sword,he gets pinned to the ground.The Audio Drama stopped at kissing though.The most memorable line was “Who said I didn’t understand anything?”

This whole dream was Lan Wangji’s fantasy of what he “REALLY” wanted to do to Wei Wuxian after getting provoked! The real Lan Wangji even tried to tell Wei Wuxian to stop looking because he was so embarrassed.

Hope the Audio Drama team do a part 3 and 4 of Into the Dream. Dream 3 was Wei Wuxian witnessing  Lan Wangji begging Lan Xichen to allow him to keep his rabbits. Wei Wuxian is amused at how easily riled up Lan Wangji is in this dream. He looks older that 15 in this dream so he lies and said he time traveled back to this period in time.

In dream  4 Wei Wuxian sees Lan Wangji teach a classroom full of other students. Lan Wangji is disturbed by Wei Wuxian’s flute playing and goes to investigate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi, at the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, we should be cognizant that this is a public forum and we don’t know the age of those reading the content here. Some of the material in the novel is really not suitable for those at an impressionable age. Also, Soompi Forum Rules here prohibit sexually explicit content so please exercise discretion.

18 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

I did read this far. I was reading this like, "Oh my!" lol I kept picturing the live action actors b/c I still haven't read the Manga nor watched the anime. :D

Edited by LanaLiz

Into the Dream part 1 was Wei Wuxian’s very very innocent dream of retiring to the country side with Lan Wangji. He would go out to farm the fields and catch fish, while Lan Wangji did the cooking and weaving (?). Lan Wangji assures Wei Wuxian that it’s not a boring dream.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, MK916 said:

I am an avid reader and have a HUGE collection of ePubs that I’ve created. I liked the drama so much that I wanted to read the novel which turned out to be amazing as well. I do a grammatical check and format with as much detail as possible (such as table of contents, footnotes and add pictures) on everything I’ve read. I just want other people to enjoy reading it as much as I did in a more accessible way such as on phone/tablet instead of having to go online to read them.

Hello i pm you also.. Could you also send me a copy.. I would greatly appreciate it.. Do you have other epubs? I'm recently on a reading binge and would like to read other interesting works.. Thank you again

2 hours ago, boolove14376_cb75 said:

Hello i pm you also.. Could you also send me a copy.. I would greatly appreciate it.. Do you have other epubs? I'm recently on a reading binge and would like to read other interesting works.. Thank you again

Hello I just finished creating ePub for “Heaven Official’s Blessing” and “Scum Villain” from the same author.

HOB - This novel has 252 chapters, so it’s a longer read than MDZS. It doesn’t have many *** scenes as MDZS due to the increasing stringency of the censorship laws in China at the time the novel was released. It mostly has action and some horror. Some scenes were emotional hard to get through because it was sad. 

SVSSS - This first novel by the author has 94 chapters. So shorter but very funny!!! I had a great time reading it.

All three novels are different, but good in their own ways and I would recommend reading them. PM with your email address if you’re interested in these novels.

I am thinking of continuing my binge reading to “Legendary Master’s Wife” but this novel is 731 chapters!!! Not sure what to read next.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令