Quantcast
RPM

[ MAINLAND CHINESE DRAMA 2019 ] The Untamed 陈情令

9 hours ago, SaltyLemonaid said:
19 hours ago, linhlinh111 said:

The novel never clearly explained but I presume Nie Huaisang leaks the spell to Mo Xuanyu, cuz there's no way Mo Xuanyu could have come up with it by himself. He chooses to summon WWX because WWX is actually the most evil and powerful legend there is. I don't think that Nie Huaisang keeps WWX's soul all these years simply because he doesn't have the means (and WWX doesn't feel it)

I like your theory the best, way better than my own. It has a much more rosy view of characters like Nie Huaisang and makes more sense.

Actually I like your theory of what happened to WY soul better ie Nie huaiSang keeping it  :) True it is not as likely but since the author does not write about this, I feel we are free to imagine and your idea is imaginative and Creative!

and also it's nice if Nie Huaisang did it partly out of his past friendship with WWX 

• Like 1

Lan Zhan is such a good BF... always giving Wei Ying presents... from livestock to snacks and drinks, then pets... and finally money.  :lol:

giphy.gif

The way they look at each other is literally :love: ... at first sneaking glances and then fully :wub::wub:.

giphy.gif

The actors themselves seem have such a great relationship too, their off-screen hijinks are fun to watch.  I like this interview (subbed) where Wang Yi Bo totally changed his answer about his first impression of Xiao Zhan from "no impression" to "very handsome."  :lol:

• Like 4

It was never explicitly spelled out but WWX's guesses as to what happened was that because Mo Xuanyu was obsessed with JGY, he found out about the secret mirror room and saw the book with the spell. NHS was hanging out at the sect a lot, he befriended Mo whom told him about the spell. Then NHS encouraged Mo to get revenge by summoning WWX.

Now the above is only WWX's guess but since he's always been presented as super intelligent and never wrong at reading situations, then I'll take it as fact too.

Why NHS chose to resurrect WWX? Because he knew WWX would have very strong motivation in exposing JGY and he can control resentful souls. So it would be safe to release his brother's hand and let WWX take over from there. And I think he either knew about LZ's feelings for WWX (because Xichen the blabbermouth probably shared it with his sworn brothers lol). So wherever WWX was, LZ would be behind him. Or he was counting on LZ's reputation of being wherever chaos is, to get involved.That gets him 2 of the strongest people to do the dirty work for him and just about the only 2 people who could and would take down JGY.

That's how you get to the start of the story: WWX resurrecting in Mo Xuanyu's body, Nie MingJue's hand getting released at the Mo village, and the Gusu bunch at Mo village all happening at once at the same place.

• Like 2

Anyone know how WY died in the book?  I’ve read up to chapter 100 but it doesn’t say exactly how he died or when he died. 

6 minutes ago, Raindrop said:

Anyone know how WY died in the book?  I’ve read up to chapter 100 but it doesn’t say exactly how he died or when he died. 

I don’t think the book talks about how he died either. The drama showed more about his death than the book.

2 hours ago, MK916 said:

I don’t think the book talks about how he died either. The drama showed more about his death than the book.

2 hours ago, Raindrop said:

This is from chapter 1

“That’s merely hearsay. Although Jiang Cheng was one of the main forces, he did not give Wei WuXian the final blow. Because he cultivates the Demon Path, Wei WuXian’s powers had backfired and he was ripped to pieces.”

And wei ying confirmed this too, but I forgot which chapter :sweatingbullets:

On 8/21/2019 at 5:57 PM, MK916 said:

This is my first time posting to this website. It was my first time every reading a BL novel in my entire life and I must say the book was so GOOD! I’ve never been into those books but I must say I was hooked to the action/storyline. I reread the book again just to fill in the gap from waiting for the drama episodes to be aired. The drama followed the novel pretty close. I am satisfied with the drama and will rewatch it again soon.

If anyone is interested in reading the English translation of this novel, please PM with your email address and I will send you my electronic copy of where I’ve edited and fixed some of the grammar from the original translator.

I’m actually starting to read the author’s other novel, Heaven Official’s Blessing, which I’m also putting into an ePub format. I heard pretty good reviews about this one. 

I'm interested in the translated novel. Any chance I can get a copy? Thank you

1 hour ago, elsanna said:

How did the sijie die in novel...I don't think I remember how she died

It is pretty similar to the drama,

Spoiler

Her back gets seriously cut by a zombie. JC and WWX rush to her side. While they are talking and she convinces WWX to get the zombies to stop, the fatal blow comes from a guy who wishes to avenge his brother (the one who shot a surprise arrow at WWX earlier and got killed by WWX in retaliation). She pushes WWX aside and gets stabbed in the throat. Shocked that he had killed the wrong person, the attacker then blusters in denial that she was the one who came at his sword.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, Ph0inix said:

Warning: The drama is pretty tame but some parts of the novel are not suitable for minors.

Since WY is in a new body, shouldn’t he have a “new” golden core?  So he can technically cultivate again (I know he doesn’t have time) - Can he restart his training ?

• LOL 1

On 8/28/2019 at 4:11 AM, Ph0inix said:

Hi PM with your email address and I will send you a copy.

I wonder if Lan Wangji feels kinda grateful to Nie Huaisang ? After all he is indirectly responsible for WWX's return, without his manipulation, LWJ would have remained forever in yearning for WWX.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raindrop said:

Since WY is in a new body, shouldn’t he have a “new” golden core?  So he can technically cultivate again (I know he doesn’t have time) - Can he restart his training ?

He does have another one, but apparently Mo Xuan Yu's is kinda weak. Not sure if that means over time he can build it up, or if the body just doesn't have the goods to get back up where he used to be.

7 hours ago, gaia2 said:

I wonder if Lan Wangji feels kinda grateful to Nie Huaisang ? After all he is indirectly responsible for WWX's return, without his manipulation, LWJ would have remained forever in yearning for WWX.

I think he does. He was kind of polite to director nie . He could have treated him as cold as JC but he didnt.  The most important to LZ is WWX is back other than that, doesn matter.

• Like 1

Anyone know why the show didnt have full-on happy ending like the novel? Seeing guardian drama that have sad ending and this show that the happy ending only implied, is it because china censorship? That they didnt allow the lead together in the end even though its only bromance? 

Anyway,  i'm kinda distracted watching the drama everytime Lan Zhan came on screen.  He just so beautiful, ethereal and everything.  I try searching the actor on web and he actually pretty typical handsome guy. I don't understand how he became that beautiful as Lan Zhan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizuharaaya13 said:

Anyway,  i'm kinda distracted watching the drama everytime Lan Zhan came on screen.  He just so beautiful, ethereal and everything.  I try searching the actor on web and he actually pretty typical handsome guy. I don't understand how he became that beautiful as Lan Zhan. 

I can't decide who is prettier, Wei Ying or Lan Zhan!  I liked the actor who played Wei Ying more at first because he's more articulate in interviews and is a better singer.  But then I saw "Lan Zhan" dance and now I'm smitten!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Someone mentioned that Lan Qiren was being compared to a farmer whose cabbage was dug up by a pig... Here’s a illustration of that concept I found somewhere!

8-B73-FBD2-7-AD0-4779-BF31-225386147-B19

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

OMG.. This pic is so funny. It was mentioned in one of the sub- chapter, wen ying said Lan Qiren is like an angry farmer that lost his premium cabbage to a pig. 

15 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Someone mentioned that Lan Qiren was being compared to a farmer whose cabbage was dug up by a pig... Here’s a illustration of that concept I found somewhere!

8-B73-FBD2-7-AD0-4779-BF31-225386147-B19

On 8/31/2019 at 11:36 PM, luyi said:

I can't decide who is prettier, Wei Ying or Lan Zhan!  I liked the actor who played Wei Ying more at first because he's more articulate in interviews and is a better singer.  But then I saw "Lan Zhan" dance and now I'm smitten!

This is one of my fav WEB's dancing clip.  I love EOEO too and I'm admiring shamelessly at a 17yo's abs. 

• Like 2