[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

7 hours ago, FY034 said:

The government did not support the Gay genre, so the filmmakers modified, from gay to brotherly. Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi don't love each other. They just treat each other as good friends. So no matter if Lan WangJi gets married and has a daughter, then marries his daughter to Wei wuxian, the relationship between the two sides will go one step further.

LWJ and WY loves each other in the novel and drama. They are soulmates, lovers. It shows by the way they speak to each other and how they care for each other. WJ only loves WY, waiting for him 16 years. It's BL, the author intended it to be that way. Without WY and WJ love for each other, there would never be T.U. It's about their relationship with each other^^.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rosierosie said:

LWJ and WY loves each other in the novel and drama. They are soulmates, lovers. It shows by the way they speak to each other and how they care for each other. WJ only loves WY, waiting for him 16 years. It's BL, the author intended it to be that way. Without WY and WJ love for each other, there would never be T.U. It's about their relationship with each other^^.

Not only the author, but even the actors of the drama, the screenwriters and the director intended it be a portrayal of a love story even though they couldn't say it explicitly or acknowledge it on screen. It even ends with them reuniting with Wei ying coming back to Gusu. The Untamed did a great job at that, but of course there are also those who believe that love stories only count if we get a love confession or kisses at the end which no. 

The Special Edition emphasizes it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

@Bea did you watched the special ed? I'm planning to^^!!! ZX and YB portrayed their characters so well, I want to relived every moments. With the censor, T.U. is great for bringing the novel version to life. 

Yes I have! They add extended scenes and re-arrange the order of some of them to make them even more...gayer I guess?? Like, there's scenes where they add 5+ seconds of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian locking eyes and just looking at each other with the pretty music on the background, it's all very romantic xD 

They cut a lot of scenes but that's understandable since it's focused on WWX and LWJ. I'm hoping they re-edited the ending to make it more obvious to everyone that watches that they did reunite at the end.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FY034 said:

The government did not support the Gay genre, so the filmmakers modified, from gay to brotherly. Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi don't love each other. They just treat each other as good friends. So no matter if Lan WangJi gets married and has a daughter, then marries his daughter to Wei wuxian, the relationship between the two sides will go one step further.

Ok at this point you're just being ignorant.. Yes the chinese goverment doesn't allow explicit showing of love between 2 guys but it doesn't mean that the series is turn from gay to brotherly.. Kisses or physical intimacy doesnt equal to love as there are several ways love between 2 people could be portrayed.. I mean the source material itself is a BL love story of weiying and lan zhan emphasize by the author herself.. The production, cast and all the staff are quite aware of that and in no way they will disrespect the story, so tried their very best to give an authentic wangxian's love story that will give justice to the original novel.. FYI even the composer of the ost revealed on the nanjing concert that his inspiration is LOVE and that he is a fan and loves the original story.. There is no reason whatsoever for lan zhan to even think about marrying some woman without it being out of character for him.. Face it the only time your ideas will be better and even remotely real is in your imagination.. 

• Like 2

When my hubby would act with his best friend like Drama LZ & WY I surely would call my lawyer in advance since I surely would need her soon. :lol:. Of course you can watch that Drama with ignoring all those things between the lines. But when you keep looking for between the lines you will notice all the fan service. Especially the song can't be explained otherwise. Who writes a song for his bestie only? Of course Soulmate relationship can be platonic but at least LZ never is and the Drama direcor lets Wang YiBo act his character to be in love.

I still prefer the Drama over the Novel. Like someone mentioned before the entire relationship development is more sound and understandable. With the novel at the beginning I had a bit problems to understand how WY could fall for LZ. LZ was just cold and harsh before his dead. Today I know WY is just masochistic. :phew:

• Like 2

Wei wuxian's father and mother died on the night of the hunt, wei wuxian is the only heir of the Wei clan. When with Lan WangJi, weiying ended his own clan, if his father and mother in heaven knew, they would be disappointed. Lan sizhui is not WeiYing's biological child. Why didn't Weiying think of having a child to inherit the Wei clan? I think it is the author's mistake to not think about the issue of bloodline and the glory of the immortal cultivation family. Love of a night with a girl, that girl is pregnant, raising her own child, that child matures, inheriting the wei clan. That's what Weiying should do 

7 minutes ago, FY034 said:

Wei wuxian's father and mother died on the night of the hunt, wei wuxian is the only heir of the Wei clan. When with Lan WangJi, weiying ended his own clan, if his father and mother in heaven knew, they would be disappointed. Lan sizhui is not WeiYing's biological child. Why didn't Weiying think of having a child to inherit the Wei clan? I think it is the author's mistake to not think about the issue of bloodline and the glory of the immortal cultivation family. Love of a night with a girl, that girl is pregnant, raising her own child, that child matures, inheriting the wei clan. That's what Weiying should do 

WWX has low origins. His mother was a servant of Jiang. There was nothing to pass on other than his bloodline

2 minutes ago, FY034 said:

OMG what are you even saying.. How could it be the author's mistake when its her own story.. She decides what happens because its her own.. How would you even know what would weiying's parents want? You dont even know their personality.. At this point you really are being ignorant of a fact.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dzareth said:

Is there a big difference between the initial version and the special edition? Does the special edition delete scenes from the initial edition? Which is the best version to view to understand the story?

The best version to understand the story is the original 50 episode one. The special edition is a heavily edited version focused on Lan Wangji and Wei wuxian and their relationship. A lot of the plot and scenes with other characters got edited out. The special edition edited scenes are not helpful for the plot, they're just extended scenes of lan wangji and wei wuxian's scenes that are not important to the plot which is why they weren't added but it does make the wangxian relationship even more obvious (linger eye gazes etc). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

Currently in Taiwan, and was excited to see the manhua displayed at this book store^^!!!! 4 books!!! The universe knows what I want to see^^!!!!!

!!!! The cover art is sooo nice! I'm still praying for an eventual professional english translation and publishing! I would love to hold the books in my hands...and all the art

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bea said:

!!!! The cover art is sooo nice! I'm still praying for an eventual professional english translation and publishing! I would love to hold the books in my hands...and all the art

Same here^^!!! The drama is so popular, will the author professionally translate it??? That would be a dream come true! 

23 hours ago, FY034 said:

Hahahaha what are you even saying, Wei Wuxian's parents had left him nothing to inherit, he was the son of a servant who then became rogue cultivators. Lan Wangji adopted Sizhui because of Wei Wuxian, and Wei Wuxian considers him as his own child. If you've only seen the series then you would know that he cares little about bloodlines or the clan since he's always felt he belonged to the Jiang Clan (well, until everything happened). He cares absolutely nothing about the Wei clan or his legacy since when he left to basically found his own clan it was with the Wen remnants. Afterwards? all he wants to do is be a rogue cultivator. 

He ain't gonna do whatever you want him to do because it does not go with his character or personality, it would be OOC. He's not going to get a girl pregnant because he's in love with Lan wangji. Lan wangji is not going to marry someone because his heir is Lan Sizhui. Might as well just watch another drama that has that plot because that is never going to happen.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

just ended watch the drama. really love kind this story.

but can anyone help me solve the confusing?

1. where is wei wuxian when he is fall from the abyss?

2. why wei wuxian face not change after mo sacrifice his body?

3. what happen when wei wuxian fall from wen chao?

i hope i can really read the original story with english.

first i watch wang yibo drama Gank Your Heart and his acting really good, in this drama i can't calculate his acting.

but i think he is really good pair with male more than female.

@ichaicha

1. Do you mean the abyss in the first episode? He died. WWX doesn’t know what happened to his spirit. Probably in a state of limbo in some realm.

2. To the other characters, he looks like Mo Xuanyu but the audience still sees WWX’s original face. Do you want to see another actor playing WWX after he returns to life?

3. Do you mean when Wen Chao threw WWX into Luan Zang Gang? The power in the sword he found inside the tortoise-like monster broke his fall. He later fashions the Chen Qing flute and Yin Hu Fu.

There is a BL site that has done the Eng translation of the novel and some member here will even distribute the epub version. Do be aware there are sexually explicit scenes which are not suitable for minors and in some countries, the distribution of such materials is illegal. 

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

@ichaicha

1. Do you mean the abyss in the first episode? He died. WWX doesn’t know what happened to his spirit. Probably in a state of limbo in some realm.

2. To the other characters, he looks like Mo Xuanyu but the audience still sees WWX’s original face. Do you want to see another actor playing WWX after he returns to life?

3. Do you mean when Wen Chao threw WWX into Luan Zang Gang? The power in the sword he found inside the tortoise-like monster broke his fall. He later fashions the Chen Qing flute and Yin Hu Fu.

There is a BL site that has done the Eng translation of the novel and some member here will even distribute the epub version. Do be aware there are sexually explicit scenes which are not suitable for minors and in some countries, the distribution of such materials is illegal. 

thank you for your explain

no, i'm still want xiao zhan play WWX. i just confused, some people said he doesnt looked like WWX.

i mean, is he died after the fall? where is he in 13 years?

could you tell me who is some member? its okay, for sexually i will skip it

On 1/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, Meg said:

Hi Everyone,

I recently just finished the TV series The Untamed and I loved the show. I am now watching the donghua, Mo Dao Zu Shi (MDZS), on YouTube. Must admit the donghua provides a lot more detail and explanation than the TV series, but both are really great.

My one question is will there be a Season 2 of the TV series The Untamed? Does anyone know?

Thank you in advance for answering!

Meg

@Meg

I am now watching the donghua, Mo Dao Zu Shi (MDZS), on YouTube. Must admit the donghua provides a lot more detail and explanation than the TV series

could you tell me the link? thank you

36 minutes ago, ichaicha said:

could you tell me who is some member? its okay, for sexually i will skip it

I am the one who created the ePubs for all three novels from the same author. Send me a PM with your email address and I can send them.

• Like 1