[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

23 hours ago, Bea said:

Her other two are also xianxia! 

The first one is Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. This is the summary: The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System. Shen Yuan is reborn into a young man and scum villain destined to die, Shen Qingqiu. But it must be known that the original Shen Qingqiu was sliced alive by his disciple, Luo Binghe, into a human stick! ... He wants to prove – even scum villains can live, and live coolly at that! (Basically, Shen Yuan loved reading webnovels and his favorite one was about the hero (Luo Binghe), who used to have a harem and a badass. She Yu'an was unhappy with the way it ended, complained online then quickly afterwards he dies in an accident. He transmigrates into the novel and becomes the villain, but he changes things because he doesn't want to die! Spoiler alert: the hero ends up falling for him. it's very funny and sometimes painful (like mdzs). 

Her third and latest novel is Heaven Official's Blessing and it's probably her best one??? It's very long, and it has a mix of action, adventure, romance, hidden identity and so. much. pining. You know how Lan Wangji waited 13 yrs (and in the drama 16) for WWX? The main character's love interest waited hundreds of years. hundreds. 

Her novels are really good T___T Be prepared for Heaven Official's Blessing because there's angst.

I actually have all three of the author's novel translated in English and in ePub format to be read electronically.  Please send me a private message with your email and I can send them to you.

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

When WWX disappeared for 13 years, where and what did he do? Did it emphasized what happen to him during those missing period?

uhhh he was dead, so his spirit was wondering around i guess??? 

• LOL 2

On 1/13/2020 at 5:03 PM, OhHyunJoon said:

Does anyone know where to download the raw of this drama?

Thanks!

All of the ones available have chinese hardcoded subtitles except the one from Netflix. 

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

When WWX disappeared for 13 years, where and what did he do? Did it emphasized what happen to him during those missing period?

He’s not aware of what happened to him during those years. Mentally he was 13 years younger than his peers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eerylin-heaven said:

Ok... It doesn't make a lot of sense from the author but okay... :smile:   Naaan I wanna know :bawling::blush::yum:

How does it not make sense? He died, his spirit was so sad and angry (and traumatized) at everything (plus the demonic cultivation), he didn't remember where his spirit was or where he roamed. Wei wuxian also has memory problems so it's understandable and makes sense to his character. Also a lot of cultivators were summoning his spirit while he was dead. and he died thinking lan wangji hated him. 

3 hours ago, Bea said:

How does it not make sense? He died, his spirit was so sad and angry (and traumatized) at everything (plus the demonic cultivation), he didn't remember where his spirit was or where he roamed. Wei wuxian also has memory problems so it's understandable and makes sense to his character. Also a lot of cultivators were summoning his spirit while he was dead. and he died thinking lan wangji hated him. 

That make sense. Now, I do recalled WWX told them that he didn't remembered anything from those times. His soul must have been devastating over everything that happened to him. Although the author didn't clarify it, we can assumed that his soul was troubled and roaming the realm, until he came upon that guy that he took over his body to get revenge for him.

• Love 1

Hum, in the last few moments, Lan Wangji did everything to help him, he did not want to let go of his hand, so Wei Wuxian died knowing that Lan Wangji did not hate him. I know that he has no memory after his rebirth, but during his death, why did he not answer Lan Wang Ji's supplic ? All souls, even broken, can be called, but WWX's never answered any daily calls from Lan Wang Ji during their 13 years of separation. Nobody succeed until he was summoned and placed in Mo Xuanyu's Xuanyu's body.  I would love to ask that question to the author :P

1 hour ago, eerylin-heaven said:

Hum, in the last few moments, Lan Wangji did everything to help him, he did not want to let go of his hand, so Wei Wuxian died knowing that Lan Wangji did not hate him. I know that he has no memory after his rebirth, but during his death, why did he not answer Lan Wang Ji's supplic ? All souls, even broken, can be called, but WWX's never answered any daily calls from Lan Wang Ji during their 13 years of separation. Nobody succeed until he was summoned and placed in Mo Xuanyu's Xuanyu's body.  I would love to ask that question to the author :P

The bit about Lan Wangji calling Wei Wuxian's spirit daily for 13 years is a popular headcanon. That was never said in the novel, it just got get very popular in fanfic and fandom so people started considering canon. people just assume he did played inquiry many times throughout the years. 

Also, lan wangji not letting go of his hand, are you talking about when wei wuxian died? because that didn't happen in the novel either. Lan Wangji wasn't there when Wei wuxian died. Wei Wuxian died thinking lan wangji hates him. That was said in the novel and it's in WWX's point of view so the way he sees and thinks about things are biased. He was really blind about what Lan Wangji felt about him. He didn't even remember about the cave and when Lan wangji was defending him from the other elders from the lan clan. He died thinking everyone hated him.

Now if you're talking about the untamed, that's different. 

The bit about Lan Wangji calling Wei Wuxian's spirit daily for 13 years is a popular headcanon. That was never said in the novel, it just got get very popular in fanfic and fandom so people started considering canon. people just assume he did played inquiry many times throughout the years. 

Oh I did not know, hum maybe it's because of the song Bu Wang... 

Also, lan wangji not letting go of his hand, are you talking about when wei wuxian died? because that didn't happen in the novel either. Lan Wangji wasn't there when Wei wuxian died. Wei Wuxian died thinking lan wangji hates him. That was said in the novel and it's in WWX's point of view so the way he sees and thinks about things are biased. He was really blind about what Lan Wangji felt about him. He didn't even remember about the cave and when Lan wangji was defending him from the other elders from the lan clan. He died thinking everyone hated him.

Now if you're talking about the untamed, that's different. 

I though the novel was very close to the drama but it seems some importants details are not the same, well I think I prefer the drama, the drama is less cruel for both of them ^^

2 hours ago, eerylin-heaven said:

Oh I did not know, hum maybe it's because of the song Bu Wang... 

I though the novel was very close to the drama but it seems some importants details are not the same, well I think I prefer the drama, the drama is less cruel for both of them ^^

Nooo, the novel and drama are very very different. Have you read it? They changed a lot of things in the plot, including the relationship between lan wangji and wei wuxian (they're more friendly since the beginning in the drama. That's not the case in the novel) and Wei Wuxian's characterization (and other characters). He's a gray moral character. 

Some prefer the novel because it's more explicit (with sex scenes!) and there's a love confession and they get married. I've read the novel, yet my favorite portrayal of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian is from the drama as well. 

If you start reading fanfic you can tell which ones are from the novel/donghua and which ones are based on the untamed because the changes between them are noticeable

• Like 2

The series would be better if Lan WangJi got married and had a daughter, many years later, Wei Wuxian returned, meeting Lan WangJi again, Lan WangJi married his daughter to Wei Wuxian

Edited by FY034

38 minutes ago, FY034 said:

The series would be better if Lan WangJi got married and had a daughter, many years later, Wei Wuxian returned, meeting Lan WangJi again, Lan WangJi married his daughter to Wei Wuxian

LOL that would never happen since they're gay for each other and in love. Well, Wei Wuxian is bi but Lan Wangji is a one man kind of guy. He would've never gotten married with someone else, he's always devoted to Wei Wuxian lmao

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bea said:

LOL that would never happen since they're gay for each other and in love. Well, Wei Wuxian is bi but Lan Wangji is a one man kind of guy. He would've never gotten married with someone else, he's always devoted to Wei Wuxian lmao

The government did not support the Gay genre, so the filmmakers modified, from gay to brotherly. Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi don't love each other. They just treat each other as good friends. So no matter if Lan WangJi gets married and has a daughter, then marries his daughter to Wei wuxian, the relationship between the two sides will go one step further.

54 minutes ago, FY034 said:

The government did not support the Gay genre, so the filmmakers modified, from gay to brotherly. Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi don't love each other. They just treat each other as good friends. So no matter if Lan WangJi gets married and has a daughter, then marries his daughter to Wei wuxian, the relationship between the two sides will go one step further.

No. BL dramas are implied in China, they can't explicitly show them kissing or confessing to each other, but it's clear from their interactions, loving gazes and actions that they are in love. Homosexuality is not illegal, but being portrayed explicitly on film is not allowed so everything has to be implied which they did very well in this one, and intentionally. The filmmakers and the actors consider is a love story between two men. It's the whole reason why WeTV is releasing a special edition cut that is focused on the relationship between these two characters while promoting them in social media as a couple and re-arranging scenes and adding new stuff to make it even more obvious (including that ending). 

So Lan Wangji getting married to someone else? never going to happen since the cast and crew did this intentional as a lan wangji/wei wuxian couple even when implied. And even Wei wuxian then marry his daughter? Bro no. You're just reaching, that will never ever happen except maybe in your imagination. It would absolutely not make sense with either character. 

• Like 3