[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

On 7/9/2019 at 2:53 AM, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Stills for ep 15 & 16. I just finished watching the 2 episode, I need to find a corner. It's too painful.

Shoutout to Wen Zhuliu who drinks the wine despite knowing it was drugged. 

006sIYfQly1g4shuv07byj32p81su1l2.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shuscukmj32p81sunph.jpg

Hide contents

006sIYfQly1g4shuxk0yrj32p81ste83.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shut7de0j32p81stqv7.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shutw04mj32p81stb2b.jpg006sIYfQly1g4shuw7khtj32p81ste84.jpg

Ahhhhh I knew it'd be a tear-jerker episode!!! I haven't watched it yet. Been holding out till all the episodes for this week comes out so I can mitigate the pain from the Lotus-Pier segment with WWX making his kickass reappearance. Poor LZ tho :') I suppose their contentious relationship will last for a while... Can't wait for present day WangXian to happen!!!! Though like what @shuwei said, I think many of the more controversial present day scenes will be cut out due to the censorship... all those drunk LZ scenes T.T though I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping some of it will remain intact. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

what is the schedule of the drama?

which days, how many raws and how many subbed ..

i know 6 subbed every day, but which days?

and raw are ahead by how many episodes and again what frequency,w hich dayS?

If I'm not mistaken, the drama schedule is 2 eps per day, from Mon to Wed, so 6 eps per week. Apparently, premium users are 4 eps ahead of others (I'm guessing they're at ep24) As for the subbed ones, I guess it depends.

You can watch the raw ones here: https://qdramas.net/cn190627/ as per the schedule listed above. Latest ep is 20. 

Edited by dreamxx
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

can you translate what was that confrontation about.. didn't understand

the gist

+ some JC interjections like “this is Yunmeng’s business, he’s not gonna come with you” before LWJ leaves

• Like 2

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Who is WangXian? Is it Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian?

yes.. it is the 

Spoiler

name of the song  - their couple song :P .. Lan zahn composed it and played it only once in the novel .. in that tortoise cave when Wei asked him to sing.. wei didn't catch the name of the song back then.. 

therefore LZ knows, that no one knows about this song. .. the only other person who ever heard it is Wei :P

guy was already so deeply in love with Wei by then

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Im enjoying their offcreen chemistry too.  You can't but just smile while watching these two kid play.  I don't see Wang Yibo hitting others as much as he hits Xiao Zhan.  Also I enjoy Xiao Zhan constantly calling out Wang Yibo's name.  I think just as many or more than Wei Ying calling out Lan Zhan's name.  Can't wait for their Happy Camp and all their other interviews!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

lol.. i was watching videos on loop..

thnk god people have provided some translation in comments..

so difficult to wait for new episodes..

I don't understand aren't 6 episodes supposed to release each week? we should be either on ep 18 or ep 24..

how are we at ep 20

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't understand aren't 6 episodes supposed to release each week? we should be either on ep 18 or ep 24..

how are we at ep 20

Initially, it was 4 episodes per week. Due to good response, this was subsequently changed to 6 per week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know where WWX gets his flute? I am a bit confused because he got the sword from the 'creature' shell and I assume he kept the sword in his pouch...and when bleed into it, it sort of activated the darkness within...we see how the darkness overwhelm him and it keep asking him does he want revenge and then the sword appears, he picked it up... Now my question is where did the flute came from? Did the sword turn into the flute? 

For novel reader, can I ask the background of this flute?

8 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Anyone know where WWX gets his flute? I am a bit confused because he got the sword from the 'creature' shell and I assume he kept the sword in his pouch...and when bleed into it, it sort of activated the darkness within...we see how the darkness overwhelm him and it keep asking him does he want revenge and then the sword appears, he picked it up... Now my question is where did the flute came from? Did the sword turn into the flute? 

For novel reader, can I ask the background of this flute?

in the novel, WWX's flute is a flute that he made during his time in Yiling. there's not much details because he does have the ability to control the dead with any flute, it doesn't have to made of a specific material. this is kept the same in the drama as seen in ep 1 where he just cut down a random bamboo tree and made a flute on the spot

Spoiler

what he did with the sword in the novel was turn it into the Stygian Tiger Seal (this object also already made its appearance in the first scene of ep 1). I think the drama is gonna keep this the same too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:38 AM, kkrystal said:

Im glad they change it!!!  I can't wait for when they switch back to the present time line.  ^^  I'll just go re-read the novel while I wait for Monday to come back again.  Wangxian\Bozhan  :wub::wub::wub::wub:

lol.. i have also re read it for the 10th time since drama aired

4 hours ago, shuwei said:

in the novel, WWX's flute is a flute that he made during his time in Yiling. there's not much details because he does have the ability to control the dead with any flute, it doesn't have to made of a specific material. this is kept the same in the drama as seen in ep 1 where he just cut down a random bamboo tree and made a flute on the spot

Hide contents

what he did with the sword in the novel was turn it into the Stygian Tiger Seal (this object also already made its appearance in the first scene of ep 1). I think the drama is gonna keep this the same too.

actually background of stygian they have changed in the drama..

the whole scene of them going into cave and the woman telling them that stygian seal exists from time immemorial and then their journey to "find" stygian seal.. this is all new stuff.. but what they have really done is taken the adventures from present and put them into this storyline e.g. the flower girl thing..

Spoiler

Me just waiting for romance..

because in novel, in present day, Lan Zahn is like constantly princess carrying WX or hugging him or you know always ready to hold him and such..

i don't know how they will show us here.. but dying for all those scenes

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

actually background of stygian they have changed in the drama..

the whole scene of them going into cave and the woman telling them that stygian seal exists from time immemorial and then their journey to "find" stygian seal.. this is all new stuff.. but what they have really done is taken the adventures from present and put them into this storyline e.g. the flower girl thing..

Reveal hidden contents

Me just waiting for romance..

because in novel, in present day, Lan Zahn is like constantly princess carrying WX or hugging him or you know always ready to hold him and such..

i don't know how they will show us here.. but dying for all those scenes

there are 2 seals in the drama: WWX's 阴虎符 (aka the Stygian Tiger Seal from the novel) and Wen Ruohan's 阴铁 (roughly translated to Dark Metal, a new invention by the drama). WWX's Stygian seal has only appeared in the first scene of ep 1 and looks completely different than the Wen clan seal they're trying to find

I actually see a lot of confusion about this everywhere so I'm guessing it has to do with the quality of the eng subs? cos there's no way to mix the 2 seals up in Chinese, their names are very different. edit: wait never mind I checked the WeTV subs and they differentiated them clearly, one is called Stygian Tiger Amulet and the other is called Yin Iron

• Insightful 2

2 hours ago, shuwei said:

there are 2 seals in the drama: WWX's 阴虎符 (aka the Stygian Tiger Seal from the novel) and Wen Ruohan's 阴铁 (roughly translated to Dark Metal, a new invention by the drama). WWX's Stygian seal has only appeared in the first scene of ep 1 and looks completely different than the Wen clan seal they're trying to find

I actually see a lot of confusion about this everywhere so I'm guessing it has to do with the quality of the eng subs? cos there's no way to mix the 2 seals up in Chinese, their names are very different. edit: wait never mind I checked the WeTV subs and they differentiated them clearly, one is called Stygian Tiger Amulet and the other is called Yin Iron

i don't know why they have the invention in the first place.. there was no such Wen sect weapon in the novel.. 

and i think yin iron is just another name for it.. for the iron used to build the seal..

well.. this is going to be a long wait.. if they follow the original story and given preview of ep 24.. i think we are stuck in the past uptil ep 30/32

@enigmatic_zephy @shuwei Thanks for the clarification! That explains it. I agree that the 2 weapons are kind of confusing. I guess now the dark aura and energy is within WWX and the flute is his weapon (similar to a sword) to weave his power. 

I am also looking forward to the present time because I kind of want the sadness to be over with already :( Dragging it out is just so hard to watch for everyone. I think the present time should have more of our two male leads interactions (however, I highly doubt they will follow closely with the novel in terms of some of the 'contact' behind the male leads) I am satisfy with any hints or eyes communication lol