Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Lee Se Young also gave the cast and crew a food truck treat last week~ :D

7 hours ago, loversbridge said:

The drama looks good and I wouldn't be against it if it was darker than the movie tbh :3

Same! I'd like to see a darker take of Masquerade. It's a good way to set itself apart from the movie version. And I'm quite assured that Yi Heon's dark side will be balanced by Haseon's fluffy side ♥ Now all I'm asking for is a good script. Everything from the acting, directing to the production values look great to me so far. 

• Like 5

Here are the translations for the character posters, taken from soompi article (full article here):

Haseon “If I do well, I’ll live. If I don’t do well, I’ll die! Let’s play the biggest gamble!”

Yi Heon “Find a way to protect me. Before I go crazy…”

Yoo Sowoon “And finally, I have fallen in love with you, Your Highness.”

Yi Gyu “Will you be the true king and dream of a new world with me?”

I'm absolutely in love with the character posters! They give a movie poster like feel. Looks very sophisticated. ♥

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

Here are the translations for the character posters, taken from soompi article (full article here):

I'm absolutely in love with the character posters! They give a movie poster like feel. Looks very sophisticated. ♥

They're also so dark. I mean even Haseon doesn't look like a clown. I love that this feels like a drama which will not end well. Does this sound weird, that I like the dark tone of the drama? :)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

They're also so dark. I mean even Haseon doesn't look like a clown. I love that this feels like a drama which will not end well. Does this sound weird, that I like the dark tone of the drama? :)

Oh, I also totally love the dark tone this drama's giving us. I don't mind tragedies when they are executed well and with a good purpose. I have a feeling either Yi Heon or Haseon is going to die by the end. T_T Sigh... gotta prepare myself for the upcoming heartbreak.

• Like 4

The posters look top notch, especially the main/group one. As do all the teasers. There's no bio or anything on the writers, so I'm cautious, but love everything I've seen so far. 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:10 AM, circulate9oo said:

Jingoo and Seyoung being cuties during filming. When LSY was about to leave Jingoo was being overly dramatic and he fed her with an orange before she left~ ♥ :)

GIF Source

I love how cool and comfortable they are with each other. Perhaps it's a former-child actor thing? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

“The Crowned Clown” Unveils Character Posters Full Of Tension And Charisma

Dec 18, 2018by L. Kim

âThe Crowned Clownâ Unveils Character Posters Full Of Tension And Charisma

“The Crowned Clown” has released individual posters of Yeo Jin GooLee Se Young, and Kim Sang Kyung as their drama characters.

“The Crowned Clown” is about a king who brings a clown who looks exactly like him into the palace to avoid the work of those who wish him dead. It is a remake of the hit film “Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King” starring Lee Byung Hun and Han Hyo Joo.

Yeo Jin Goo first transforms into the clown Ha Seon. His poster reads, “If I do well, I’ll live. If I don’t do well, I’ll die! Let’s play the biggest gamble!” Ha Seon is ready to dance, and his smile reveals his daring and mischievous side. Above all, his fear of nothing will cause quite a stir in the palace.

Spoiler

Yeo-Jin-Goo3.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo’s next transformation is the king Lee Heon. He is sitting on the throne with a cold look in his eyes. His poster says, “Find a way to protect me. Before I go crazy…” He looks like he is in danger of bursting into madness, which chills the viewers’ spines. This raises the question of what kind of threatening situation the king will face.

Spoiler

Yeo-Jin-Goo-2.jpg

Lee Se Young’s poster as her character Yoo So Yoon reads, “And finally, I have fallen in love with you, Your Highness.” Her wistful, mourning eyes are about to burst with tears as she is sitting in the palace by herself.  She arouses curiosity by making viewers wonder which man she is truly in love with.

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young1.jpg

On the other hand, Kim Sang Kyung plays Lee Gyu, the chief royal secretary who decides to stake his life for the king. His poster asks, “Will you be the true king and dream of a new world with me?”  Kim Sang Kyung stands with a strong posture and does not hesitate to speak with determined eyes. Where does his loyalty lie? With the king Lee Heon or the clown Ha Seon?

Spoiler

Kim-Sang-Kyung.jpg

“The Crowned Clown” will be airing its first episode on January 7 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

========

stills

본문ì´ë¯¸ì§

cr

• Like 7

6 hours ago, spark101 said:

The posters look top notch, especially the main/group one. As do all the teasers. There's no bio or anything on the writers, so I'm cautious, but love everything I've seen so far. 

I love how cool and comfortable they are with each other. Perhaps it's a former-child actor thing? 

True! The only thing I'm worried about now is the script. Everything looks amazing and movie-like, I'm totally hyped! I think one of the writers, Shin Ha Eun did Argon and the other writer, Kim Seon Deok, I'm not sure if she's the same person. But there's also a Kim Seon Deok writer who wrote for A King's Dream (where Lee Se Young also appeared). 

Jingoo and Seyoung really look comfortable and playful with one another. And that was just Lee Se Young's first day of filming. Anyway I'm relieved that there's no awkwardness between them, that means it can easily translate well to on-screen chemistry. So I'm totally looking forward to it.

==

And the still cutssss... I'm gonna be shameless for once... ack Jingoo... Oppaaa... XD Damn I've said it before but it really feels like they're really different characters. ♥ Jingoo's acting talent is already oozing just from still cuts alone.

• Like 5

jin goo in saegok? count me in...cant wait for this to air

drama plot seems fun..never watch the movie version of this...i might check it out soon

edit: teasers look convincing...posters looking good...dark seaguk i guess?

• Like 4