Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Wow so many deaths in this drama. I did not expected that Lee Kyu's death. I like his character because he is not just plain in white side or black side. Well, he is a good man but sometimes his actions were questionable about his true intentions. I like those layers in his character. I was crying when LK finally accepted that HS is his king and when HS said to LK that he won't abandon him :bawling:. The only thing I liked about his death scene was he took Jin Pyeong with him. HA! He deserves it.

Ha Seon is getting braver and braver now. His confrontation with Queen Dowager when she threaten SW, he said "every single tear in Queen's eyes will be your drops of blood from your eyes and every single sigh from Queen's mouth will be your scream" made me "YAAAYYYYY #TeamClown !!!! And I love the relationship between Ha Seon and So Woon a lot. He said she can lean on him and he will lean on her when he needed. That's the mutual respect every couple has to have. He didn't see her as weak woman and needed to be protected all the time, he treated her more as an equal and reliable partner. :heart::heart: And that kiss... I know it's a saeguk drama, but is that bad if I wanted more??? :yum:

OMG now we have to wait for a week. I hope they will get an happy ending. They deserved to get a happy ending after fighting so many evil people inside the palace. Wheew that palace was full of traitors. :naughty: 

Anyway, no bts released from the current episodes?  

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

His confrontation with Queen Dowager when she threaten SW, he said "every single tear in Queen's eyes will be your drops of blood from your eyes and every single sigh from Queen's mouth will be your scream" made me "YAAAYYYYY #TeamClown !!!!

The scene with Haseon and the Queen Dowager was AWESOME!!!!

"The heavens decide on what is valuable and lowly. It depends on your heart and behavior, not your given status. You don't realize what's truly valuable. All you do is babble on the royal blood. Are you not ashamed of yourself?

"Then again, all you can have pride in is your blood. I guess it can't be helped."

Y'ALL MA BOI HASEON SNAPPED AND IT WAS GLORIOUS. :glasses:

@vladlola06 Here's the link for foreigner fans http://cafe.daum.net/crownedclownBD/mce1

• Like 8
  • Love 2

New making video

This casts... even in serious scenes, they are still laughing and having fun. And love that Lee Se Young and Yeo Jin Goo reactions after kissing scene. They didn’t feel awkward and sometimes you see a drama couple, after kissing scene, and when the director said CUT, they immidiately make a distance. But not these two. :love:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Wow so many deaths in this drama. I did not expected that Lee Kyu's death. I like his character because he is not just plain in white side or black side. Well, he is a good man but sometimes his actions were questionable about his true intentions. I like those layers in his character. I was crying when LK finally accepted that HS is his king and when HS said to LK that he won't abandon him :bawling:. The only thing I liked about his death scene was he took Jin Pyeong with him. HA! He deserves it.

Ha Seon is getting braver and braver now. His confrontation with Queen Dowager when she threaten SW, he said "every single tear in Queen's eyes will be your drops of blood from your eyes and every single sigh from Queen's mouth will be your scream" made me "YAAAYYYYY #TeamClown !!!! And I love the relationship between Ha Seon and So Woon a lot. He said she can lean on him and he will lean on her when he needed. That's the mutual respect every couple has to have. He didn't see her as weak woman and needed to be protected all the time, he treated her more as an equal and reliable partner. :heart::heart: And that kiss... I know it's a saeguk drama, but is that bad if I wanted more??? :yum:

OMG now we have to wait for a week. I hope they will get an happy ending. They deserved to get a happy ending after fighting so many evil people inside the palace. Wheew that palace was full of traitors. :naughty: 

Anyway, no bts released from the current episodes?  

Do not assume either LK or JP are dead yet. It's highly possible they are just injured and still alive. I cant wait for monday's finale!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

hi all, sorry to join late... i started the drama some time back but stopped after the ep where Ha Seon returned to the palace on his own will to seek power to revenge for his sister... then i came back again on ep10 to find out that the real emperor is dead... :blink: i've just finished ep11 and have a quick question, was the plot to slowly poison So Woon exposed? or is she still being slowly poisoned? i dun really want to see everything ends with her dying and Ha Seon heartbroken.. :wacko:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

hi all, sorry to join late... i started the drama some time back but stopped after the ep where Ha Seon returned to the palace on his own will to seek power to revenge for his sister... then i came back again on ep10 to find out that the real emperor is dead... :blink: i've just finished ep11 and have a quick question, was the plot to slowly poison So Woon exposed? or is she still being slowly poisoned? i dun really want to see everything ends with her dying and Ha Seon heartbroken.. :wacko:

It's been revealed already (at Ep 13) and the tea isn't deadly but it can make the drinker barren.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is so sad. LK is my favorite character. Even though he killed the king and younger brother but I don’t find him cruel at all. He did it to save the country. I guessed correctly that he would kill himself to save Ha Jeon. I was hoping they could find a way but it had to be his death. What a loyal man he is :bawling:. And I found it strange that SHin chi soo can walk freely like that. Wasn’t he a criminal and broke out illegally? It didn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 7

It is confirm that they went to Sinseondae Cliff & Observatory in Geoje

The actual location can be found 2:53

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

First time I will be commenting on this thread. I have been watching this drama ever since day 1. It is quite a good drama series.

From E15, Lee Kyu admitted that he used the seal to send the letter to Aisin Gurun. His admission in effect is absolving the King from any complications against the Ming. When Lee Kyu killed Lord Jinpyeong, he is also saving the country from a probable successor who can't be trusted because of his alliance with the Queen Dowager. With the death of Lord Jinpyeong there won't be any royal blood left who can replace the King (Ha Seon). Also, the rebel forces will no longer have a leader with Lord Jinpyeong's death. I really think that Shin Chi Soo will be re-arrested and his beheading sentence before will be implemented immediately. As for the Queen Dowager as co-conspirator to the rebel forces, she will also be arrested and beheaded. I think the ending will be a pleasant one. With the power of love between Queen Yoo So Won and Ha Seon, she will get pregnant later on who will rise to become the next King.

The last episode will be a good one.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@kingkong72

It is not over with Shin Ji Suk & Queen Dowager, remember they discuss that they will put a Young/Child King on throne & Queen Dowager can act as Regent & giving Shin Ji Suk the control of the Court

Prince Jinpyeong is no longer in their equation, his death is a favour to them

We have to wait for Ha Seon to deal with them

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@kingkong72

It is not over with Shin Ji Suk & Queen Dowager, remember they discuss that they will put a Young/Child King on throne & Queen Dowager can act as Regent & giving Shin Ji Suk the control of the Court

Prince Jinpyeong is no longer in their equation, his death is a favour to them

We have to wait for Ha Seon to deal with them

That scenario will only happen if the three of them will be able to remove Ha Seon as King. They are hoping that the King (Ha Seon) will admit that he was the one who sent the letter to the Aisin Gurun. The mere fact that Lee Kyu admitted that he sent the letter without the King's knowledge makes it impossible for the King to be removed from his position.

If I remember correctly, the Queen was asking Ha Seon about the story of Zhao Yun and Liu Bei as to who Liu Bei will choose between the son or the royal subject and Ha Seon said that he will not to chose anyone. In the meeting of Lord Jinpyeong, Shin Chi Soo, Lee Kyu and Ha Seon, Lee Kyu reminded the King to chose the nation instead of him. Lee Kyu's statement therefore is putting Ha Seon in a situation that he should chose the best interest of the nation instead of Lee Kyu. In the morning assembly, I think Lee Kyu made a signal to Officer Jang about his ropes. Shin Chi Soo also noticed it and was analyzing what was being signaled between the two. When the King ordered that the ropes be removed from Lee Kyu, his plan to kill Lord Jinpyeong were put in action

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

@kingkong72 Ohh good analysis about the rope thing! That actually makes sense. BTW, there are still other possible royal successors even without Lord Jinpyeong. Shin Chi Soo and the Queen Dowager were actually conspiring to put another royal in the throne instead of Lord Jinpyeong. The man that Lord Jinpyeong also blocked from meeting with the Queen Dowager is also a member of the royal family and is another possible contender for the throne. He was that same man that the Queen Dowager met after she got mad at Lord Jinpyeong for failing to assassinate Haseon once again.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I can't believe LK is dead :bawling:. His life would have been so different if he run away with Woon Shim when he was younger...
I want to applaud Kim Sang Kyung for his acting as Lee Kyu, he's trully talented and I hope to see him in other dramas and movies.

Another great episode that makes me long for the last one (but I'm a bit scared too).

Please dramas gods be good to us!!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, loversbridge said:

I can't believe LK is dead :bawling:. His life would have been so different if he run away with Woon Shim when he was younger...
I want to applaud Kim Sang Kyung for his acting as Lee Kyu, he's trully talented and I hope to see him in other dramas and movies.

Another great episode that makes me long for the last one (but I'm a bit scared too).

Please dramas gods be good to us!!

There is something else to consider here,and I am wondering if anyone else has thought about it.  My sense is that the king was born with a twin brother - the Clown - and to avoid a future conflict regarding the inheritance of the throne, somebody ordered that one of the twins must be killed.  Whomever was ordered to murder the baby probably could not do that, and sent the twin to a remotely located family to care for.  So my thought is that somebody who has survived the drama to this point knows about that and may eventually be revealed.  This would solve the legitimacy problem of the Clown actually being entitled to become the king because of blood lines.  It does not seem that the Dowager is involved or she would have revealed that by now.  Also, remember that when the Clown was speaking with the Royal Secretary not long before he was killed, he mentioned that he “was born with a sense of humor,” and the Royal Secretary stated that he “remembered that.”  Could be a clue.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Drama king said:

There is something else to consider here,and I am wondering if anyone else has thought about it.  My sense is that the king was born with a twin brother - the Clown - and to avoid a future conflict regarding the inheritance of the throne, somebody ordered that one of the twins must be killed.  Whomever was ordered to murder the baby probably could not do that, and sent the twin to a remotely located family to care for.  So my thought is that somebody who has survived the drama to this point knows about that and may eventually be revealed.  This would solve the legitimacy problem of the Clown actually being entitled to become the king because of blood lines.  It does not seem that the Dowager is involved or she would have revealed that by now.  Also, remember that when the Clown was speaking with the Royal Secretary not long before he was killed, he mentioned that he “was born with a sense of humor,” and the Royal Secretary stated that he “remembered that.”  Could be a clue.

That scenario may have some sense in it. The only drawback on that scenario is that there's only one episode left to inject those circumstances or truth in it. If that should happen we will be seeing a lot of flashbacks to make Ha Seon a royal blood.

Anyway, if that scenario won't happen, I will be contented to see the Queen Dowager and Shin Chi Soo get the beheading penalty and let the King and the Queen  live a happy life. I also would want to see a little Ha Seon or a little Queen Yoo So Won or maybe both little ones. I also wonder what will happen to Dal Rae  and Gab Soo in the end. A lot of personalities must be sewed together to make a convincing ending

• Like 1
  • Love 5

That is excellent logic that we certainly cannot disagree with.  I am an idealist, but also adhere to logic, while keeping in mind that this is a drama, thus the outcome may not be either “ideal” or “logical” and is intended to be entertaining.  My Vietnamese wife and I became hooked on K-Dramas during our nineteen years of teaching MBA courses in Shanghai, Shen Zhen, and especially Chengdu and jointly engage in a lot of analyses, just for fun.  Everything about our favorite dramas is flawless, and the cinematography is breathtaking.  This drama almost cries for two additional episodes, but it will be entertaining to see how this one turns out.  As long as the rest of the good people in tne drama emerge with their heads, we will be satisfied. ;)

• Like 7

welcome @Drama king :)

I would like a twin brother story, but maybe It's to short now ? :unsure:

Anyway, I would be satisfied with the end hoping not to see still die my favorite characters ...^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The Crowned Clown OST (Parts 1-8) [English Hardsubbed] (Youtube Playlist)

• Like 2
  • Love 1