Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

17 hours ago, triplem said:

That’s right . We must think positively . Plus didn’t the PD say this will be a heartwarming show ? I demand another kiss & the Long awaited “haphang” scenes needed in every Sageuk. 

Then I guess we will have our happy ending then :wub:. *fingers crossed*

More lovey dovey scenes on the way...

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Ooh ooh ooh the previewwww :love::love: will we get another kissy kissy time??? Yaaayy.

Wait, on one of the scene, she wears the white hanbok. What happen? Is she sick or something? Is she gonna confront the Queen Dowager herself? 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I catch up with the latest episodes and since episode 6 I'm truly addicted to this drama. I wonder how the story will end (I hope for a satifying ending).

Now I don't know if anyone will be able to answer my question but do you know when the complete ost will be released and if we'll get a physical version of it? Because I'm ready to buy it.

• Like 5

Ep 14 preview translation.

SW: My value to be with your majesty and any way I may have of protecting your majesty have all seemed to disappear. I was sad and lonely. (With the death of her father, he's no longer even able to come back to power, so that potentially leaves SW as queen without any power to back the king, especially in conjunction with her potential infertility. So, she's contemplating whether she can keep her position or would have to step aside for another to be elevated to queen.)
HS: Don’t try to run away or avoid me. Just use all the strength you have to endure it.
SW: Please remove yourself (from your position) and go reside at the temple. (SW seems to be telling the DE that she should voluntarily leave rather than waiting to be deposed in some way.)
HS: Won’t you live with me for a 100 years?

So, there is another kiss between HS and SW, one where SW is fully aware of who she is kissing. Given that it's ep 15 of a 16 episode mini-series, plus not actually based on history, I'm hoping it will be a happy ending for SW and HS. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

Last 3 episodes. 

Excerpt from the article 

The production staff stated, “Filming is underway with the actors showing great teamwork. Their excellent chemistry is translating well into the drama, and that is why we’re able to bring such great moments to viewers.” They also teased, “The remaining three episodes will be more fast-paced than ever as everything unfolds. Please keep an eye on what these characters will do next.”

In my opinion, the drama has been very good with its pacing . I’m never bored.  So can’t imagine how much faster it can go . 

I’m still very nervous about Shin CS being alive even though he’s locked up. Wish they had executed him immediately. 

Today !!! 

Thanks @stroppyse!! 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:04 PM, annie1234 said:

Ooh ooh ooh the previewwww :love::love: will we get another kissy kissy time??? Yaaayy.

Wait, on one of the scene, she wears the white hanbok. What happen? Is she sick or something? Is she gonna confront the Queen Dowager herself? 

She will be mourning for her Father . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Lee Se Young And Yeo Jin Goo Share An Affectionate Moment By The Sea In “The Crowned Clown”

Feb 25, 2019
by K. Lew

Lee Se Young and Yeo Jin Goo will be going on a romantic trip to the seaside on “The Crowned Clown.”

Based on the hit film “Masquerade,” “The Crowned Clown” is about a clown who has the exact same face as a king and the events that occur when he replaces the king on the throne.

In the released photos, Yeo Jin Goo and Lee Se Young make a trip to the seaside. With a never-ending horizon and sea outstretched behind them, they gaze at each other with heartbreaking emotion. Yeo Jin Goo holds Lee Se Young’s hand tenderly as he looks down at her. In another faraway, beautiful shot, their clothes flutter in the sea breeze.

Lee-Se-Young-Yeo-Jin-Goo-1.jpgLee-Se-Young-Yeo-Jin-Goo-2.jpgPreviously, it was revealed that Queen Dowager (played by Jang Young Nam) had orchestrated a plot so that Queen So Woon (played by Lee Se Young) drank tea that would prevent pregnancy. Upon learning this, Queen So Woon cried in Ha Sun’s (played by Yeo Jin Goo) arms. Furious, Ha Sun threatened that he would dethrone Queen Dowager.

The upcoming scene was filmed at Geoje in South Gyeongsang province.  “The Crowned Clown” has been praised for filming in various locations including Hwangmae Mountain in Hapcheon, Gasan Rock on Mount Palgong in Chilgok, Gijipo beach on Ahn Myeon island, and more places that showed Korea’s natural beauty.

“The Crowned Clown” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1306117wpp/lee-se-young-and-yeo-jin-goo-share-an-affectionate-moment-by-the-sea-in-the-crowned-clown

• Like 4

Lee-Se-Young-Yeo-Jin-Goo-2.jpg

For those who are interested

The article above only mentioned Geoje-si,  Gyeongsangnam-do Province

My bet is that this location from the rock formation could be Sinseondae Cliff & Observatory (신선대 전망대) in Geoje-si not to be mistaken there is another Sinseondae Cliff in Busan (신선대 ,부산). I hope there is some BTS on the location to render more clues to the location

Directions From Seoul, you make your way to Busan 

From Busan, take Busan subway line 2 to Sasang Station Exit 3 or 5 to Busan Seobu Intercity Bus Terminal (부산서부시외버스터미널) to Gohyeon Bus Terminal

From Gohyeon Bus Terminal (고현버스터미널), take Bus No. 55 and get off at Dojangpo Bus Stop.

Walk for about 400m to arrive at Sinseondae Observatory

Geoje-si also play host to drama "Hospital Ship" & "My Love from the Star"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The House of the Lee Clan, one of old homes in Namsa Yedamchon Hanok Village, has two large <i>Sophora japonica</i> trees more than three hundred years old welcoming visitors at the entrance. Crossing each other between two walls, the trees form a rough heart shape. Myth has it that any couple walking hand-in-hand through the heart-shaped trees will live happily ever after.

This location is Namsa Yedam Village, Sancheong County in Gyeongsangnam-do Province (경남 산청 남사예담촌). The tree is known as Chinese Scholar Tree or Japanese Pagoda Tree (Hoehwa Namu, 회화나무, Sophora japonica), believe to be more than 300 years old. In its entrance are two giant Sophora japonica trees,  They cross each other on the pathway to the entrance, form a rough heart shape. Myth has it that any couple walking hand-in-hand through the heart-shaped trees will live happily ever after or mentioned for 100 years

The other place of interest in Sancheong County is the Donguibogam Village (산청 동의보감촌, an Oriental Medicine Theme Park).

Directions: From Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus to Sancheong (산청) Intercity Bus Terminal (Journey time 3 hours).
From Sancheong Intercity Bus Terminal, take a taxi to Namsa Yedam Village

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

This drama is so crazy sometimes. I have been watching the cuts on IG , YT etc . 

Starts off amazing with OTP kiss ...credit to @circulate9oo

And I believe some sweet conversation here against this beautiful setting prior to the kiss . 

Spoiler

Many beautiful OTP moments to look forward to 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

But urghh they are cruel ..as expected SW finds out her Father died, just after their sweet date & Kiss 

Spoiler

And of course the enemy goes into full force - a coup takes place 

SCS is set free but oh noooo , Lee Kyu has been captured 

Looks like Ha Seon will lead the fight againt Lord JP’s armies ? But what do you think this scene is about ? Is that SW asleep ?

Spoiler

• Like 7

I have yet to watch with sub...but wow is Lee Kyu finally seeing Ha Seon as King ? Surprised!!

Yup . Lee Kyu no longer thinks of HS as the puppet he’s using . 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Wow Episode 14 was intense. I seriously wonder how this all will end. My prediction/theory is this.... no spoilers just purely my thoughts.

Spoiler

Somehow the king and queen will survive and "disapear" from the palace, reunited with GS and DR and will live a happy civilian life as HS and SW. Knowing historically that 광해군 and 문성군부인 in real life were deposed and sent to 유배 I originally thought that HS would switch back to himself with the real king YH being the one sent to 유배. Maybe YH is actually alive in a coma and his body get sent to 유배 allowing HS to escape with SW to live happily ever ever?

• Like 8

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I have yet to watch with sub...but wow is Lee Kyu finally seeing Ha Seon as King ? Surprised!!

Yup . Lee Kyu no longer thinks of HS as the puppet he’s using .

Oh my god, I want to cry :tears:..with happiness^^. That is indeed amazing on Lee Kyu's part, such a character development *claps*. I know he deeply cares for Ha Seon from that moment he proclaimed him the King, but to finally acknowledge him as his King is extraordinary :).

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Here is my "pundit" on the ending

Since they already tell that the drama is pure fictional from the opening title & the drama have obviously omitted "Gwanghae" that was in the movie title to just title "Man who became King"

We can assume that this is an alternative Universe Joseon

We may find that Ha Seon will successfully crushed Prince Jin Pyeong revolt then became a Sage King as he promise the Queen

History will give due recognition for his achievement, therefore they had bestowed a temple name (묘호,廟號) of Hyejong (혜종,惠宗) & his posthumous official title is 혜종 경렬성평민무헌문대왕 (惠宗 景烈成平愍武獻文大王- Hyejong Gyeong Ryeol Seong Pyeong Min Mu Heon Mun Dae Wang). While the Queen, she had been bestowed as Queen Hyejang (혜장왕후,惠章) & her posthumous official title is 소온사헌혜장왕후 (昭溫思獻惠章王后 - So Eun Sa Heon Hyejang Wanghu)

The Royal tomb Yeolneung (열릉,烈 陵)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2