Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

But Lee has killed himself a boy and the real king. So why does he look shocked by this punishment? HS had reasons for these punishments as both were perpetrators. On the other hand, Lee killed an innocent boy just for his cause. The prince represented a thread to the King... and it was the same for the King. I don't condemn the King for these punishments. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But Lee has killed himself a boy and the real king. So why does he look shocked by this punishment? HS had reasons for these punishments as both were perpetrators. On the other hand, Lee killed an innocent boy just for his cause. The prince represented a thread to the King... and it was the same for the King. I don't condemn the King for these punishments. 

Perhaps because it's HS we're talking here, he probably never expected him to do such thing considering his good natured personality?^^.. 

And oh, I just saw SW crying..how painful it must be. I feel so sad for her :tears:. I still hope though that she could still conceive a child for HS :wub:.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Perhaps because it's HS we're talking here, he probably never expected him to do such thing considering his good natured personality?^^.. 

And oh, I just saw SW crying..how painful it must be. I feel so sad for her :tears:. I still hope though that she could still conceive a child for HS :wub:.

Well, HS said that he wanted justice for his sister, so no need to be surprised by such a verdict. A really revengeful man could have killed the son or even have him castrated Moreover, this man did deserve this kind of punishment. He was responsible for the addiction and for embezzlement.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, HS said that he wanted justice for his sister, so need to be surprised by such a verdict. A really revengeful man could have killed the son or even have him castrated Moreover, this man did deserve this kind of punishment. He was responsible for the addiction and for embezzlement.

True..no complaints because HS is punishing the right people, I'm actually quite glad for that coz they deserve it. Them still alive is already a leniency on HS's part.

• Like 6

I’m surprised that Lee was surprised as well @bebebisous33 , but my take sans the subs is that Lee is taken aback not so much by the punishments but the fact that it’s Ha Seon who’s meting them out . He’s never seen HS so mad I suppose. But I agree that HS’s decisions are more than justified 

———

Woot woot! Double digit :D ...edit to add ...tvN is pleased 

I thought this was a very nicely written recap of eps 12 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

BTS THE CROWNED CLOWN EP.14

They are filming intense scenes and heartbreaking scenes but they seems having fun filming it. What a pro. And what did YJG say when LSY hugged him? Something like "Hey...." :joy: They are super cute.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Wow what an episode. I hope SCS is gone for good bc he’s boring, and DQ is much more charismatic.

• LOL 11

Not yet done watching the episode with subs...

I think another factor to be considered is that Yi Kyu could also be disturbed by the fact that Haseon handed out all these (very well-deserved) punishments without consulting him at all. He's been using Haseon as his puppet to reform the government, but at the same time Haseon is now starting to learn to become more independent with his power, using it resolve his personal conflict.

The same thing with finding out the Queen has been made to drink the flower tea. He went straight to the culprits without making a proper plan on how to deal with the situation. Letting out in the open that the Queen is now infertile can have its serious repercussions. Opponents can easily use it to depose the Queen.

Haseon is a good leader for the people but is bad at handling the politics. He often lets his heart get in the way whenever he ends up with a conflict. 

I just really hope we get a happy ending with the OTP and everyone they care for. 

AND YAY TO 10%!!!! DOSEUNGJI~~ HOPE YOU EAT LOTS AND LOTS!!!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

12 hours ago, triplem said:

I am so thankful that SW is standing  by him. It was so tough for HS to deny his little sister like that ( I will need subs to know for sure if he was truly cutting off ties with DR ) but SW asked him about his sis. He was in tears...she comforted him with a hug 

Yes, HS and DR has definitely cut ties. A translation of the scene with SW and HS.

SW: Your majesty.
HS: Queen, thank you for coming here.
SW: Were you able to see your sister off well?
HS: I don’t know whether what I did was the right thing. Please don’t hold it against me that I speak like a weakling. That in order to keep this position, that I have to suffer such things as this, I know all too well. My sister, as well, ultimately for my sake, left smiling. But after having sent her away, my heart feels so heavy and troubled.
SW: That is of course. It’s not because you are weak that you feel such things, it’s because you are human being, that you feel such things.

SW: (hugging HS) Separating from your blood relatives, how that feels, I also know very well. For the person who is leaving, and the person who is staying behind as well, that both of their hearts are breaking. (HS hugs her back)
SW: Some day, when things have become peaceful, on whatever day that may be, let us go and meet with your sister and your guardian.
SW: I also want to see them close up. (meaning she would like to meet them)

SW: This subject (me: referring to herself) won’t forget it, and will definitely ask your majesty to go.
(HS nods)

I'm really behind on the episodes for this drama, though I've been watching the clips. Hopefully, this weekend, I'll binge watch to bring myself back up to the current episodes. But, I am happy that SW and HS are so supportive of each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

14 hours ago, triplem said:

Thankfully Dal Rae denies that HS looks like anyone else

In the clip anyway, DR says that her brother had already died. A translation of the clip you had posted.

DR: My brother is no longer in this world. He had already died.
SCS: That’s a lie. That is a lie. It’s a lie! You! Aren’t you afraid of the heavens?! Where do you think you are that you dare to lie?!
DR: I’m telling the truth. How could I lie in front of the king?
Sec. Lee: Your majesty, treating this poor child like a criminal is not a right thing to do.
HS: Eunuch Jo, take this child away.
Eunuch J: Yes, your majesty.
SCS: No! No! Listen up-  (cuts off)

I think someone mentioned that the subbed version is out, so I'm just translating for my own entertainment now, but hopefully, some people find it interesting to read. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

wow!!! bravo!!!!!! to HS. At the start of SCS interrogation one of the minister called out to the the king to name the criminal and HS called the chief sec to come forward but didn't name him as the criminal at that point i somehow felt that HS had something up his sleeve but never expected him to turn the tables on SCS even the chief sec seem surprise by HS's actions hahaha!! On second thought was this all planned beforehand because they had suddenly found court lady Kim. Anyway the issue with Dal Rae and Gab Soo have been resolved for now. 

Great episode with lots of plot twist. I hope they will find a remedy for the queen's infertility and that its not too late.  i want HS and SW to have a prince hahaha!!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Oooh, me too! I'd love me some mini Ha Seon and mini Seo Woon :wub:. Just images of these...

tumblr-p4hklu5-JO31vkz0npo4-500.gif

tumblr-p4hklu5-JO31vkz0npo1-500.gif

..I can definitely see cute princes and princesses of them^^. I just really wish there is still that hope, and it's not too late. I'm still leaning on a happy ending coz it looks like it might go that route, or am I overthinking? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

@lightbringer06 i wish HS and SW would just go for it i mean it should be spontaneous hahaha!! i cant believe, if it really was true during those time the royal astrologers whatever need to consult the moon and the stars to find a suitable time for the king to bed the queen! no wonder she is not pregnant till now hahaha! 

• LOL 6

26 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

i wish HS and SW would just go for it i mean it should be spontaneous hahaha!! i cant believe, if it really was true during those time the royal astrologers whatever need to consult the moon and the stars to find a suitable time for the king to bed the queen! no wonder she is not pregnant till now hahaha! 

Ahahaha...that's because she was meant to have it with Ha Seon :wub:...lol. I guess the moon and the stars made it so :tounge_xd:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, but Lee killed the prince and the real king covertly. These punishments were official and in public, not in secret like the prince and king.

• Like 5

Because of the turn of the conversation here regarding Ep 13, I've decided to translate the comments on this clip from Naver TV Cast :lol::wub: https://tv.naver.com/v/5436696/list/314402

1. [+1063, -7] But no, first you still have to give it a try, you might still conceive one.
  2. [+770, -60] If Jingoo is that healthy, who knows, you might still conceive a baby
  3. [+673, -3] I really like that doctor ㅠㅠㅠShe didn't have to do it but she still made sure and now they were able to confirm it. I'm so thankful ㅠㅠ
  4. [+432, -5] Sigh ㅜㅜㅜ How much tea did she drink in that time ㅜ
  5. [+199, -3] Haseon-ah, I know how you feel, but you act too much according to what you feel it worries meㅜ
  6. [+193, -4] Fake King acts too rashly, there's a reason why the Queen doesn't want him to know.....
  7. [+178, -4] Let's go for another first night with Haseon and Sowoon to conceive a baby

Fighting, Haseon, Sowoon! 

• LOL 8

We don't know whether SW can conceive yet or not. Why? Simply because they haven't tried it yet...shouldn't that be the first step before concluding she can't :tounge_xd:.

• LOL 5

1 minute ago, lightbringer06 said:

We don't know whether SW can conceive yet or not. Why? Simply because they haven't tried it yet...shouldn't that be the first step before concluding she can't :tounge_xd:.

That’s right . We must think positively . Plus didn’t the PD say this will be a heartwarming show ? I demand another kiss & the Long awaited “haphang” scenes needed in every Sageuk. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6