Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

lol if I see all BTS videos of them.. I’m still in awe of how they managed to pull such an intense and sad scene while they actually happy and all laugh and smile while doing it... such a wonderful atmosphere of shooting indeed.. so much fun and joking.. laugh and playing..

the red scarf with white Phoenix embroidered must have been given by the late king to the queen.. and that silk red scarf flew with the wind is a symbol of the letting go and Ha Seon got arrowed is the manifestation of his love to her.. which is larger than life and more than anything.. she must face the reality and welcome the new world.. change for the bigger picture.. for the nation..

I saw my fave oppa Lee Beom Soo played the Ming minister or ambassador..

lol it’s gonna be awesome! he is very much experienced so I can count on him..

time to rewatch with english sub.... have a great day chingu dheul...

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

Making video for the week :lol::lol::lol:

Everyone is so happy making this drama. It makes me happy as well.

and aaaww at Yeo Jin Goo covering Lee Se Young’s face from sunlight. He definitely is a gentleman. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I saw my fave oppa Lee Beom Soo played the Ming minister or ambassador..

lol it’s gonna be awesome! he is very much experienced so I can count on him..

Hahaha, he's not Lee Beom Soo, although I do see a slight resemblance. 

It's this actor. His name is Kim Hyung Mook. 

• Like 6

On 2/12/2019 at 10:42 PM, SeGafanlady said:

a Queen must do what a Queen does...

and for her... the country.. the people.. the nation.. is above all.

not to mention her father’s head is still intact thanks to Ha Seon..

as well as many heads has been saved.. countless... 

what is royal blood? a competent and a wise king is what the country needs to fight all those scuumbagzz corruptors and criminals.. this is the beginning of a prosperous nation.. where all people can live in peace and harmony... I am with this change... I’m with the people.. 

now that he also saved her heart from getting arrowed to death... I hope she is woke.

and from the preview of one second hug.. my heart feels at ease.. little by little.. one step at a time.. for the nation and for her heart... all is right.

True, a duty of the queen is to her nation and people first. I guess that was why SW reacted the way she did by leaving the palace. After she found out LH died and the chef sec had replaced him with the clown she must have felt that it was wrong and didn't want to be part of the charade. 

After the ending of ep11 i still can't see where this is heading. No matter how we all want HS to continue as the king and have a good ending with the queen it is still wrong. LH may be a a weak and lousy king but he was murdered by chief sec., and the fake king rules base on lies and deception. 

@triplem talking about moments of humor, i enjoyed eunuch cho's antics the most!

• Like 6

What I dreaded and hoped for so much, happened ... The queen knows ...
I followed these last two episodes with sadness, suffering with HS and SW.
This love story is very beautiful, well written, realistic but above all, this poetry and its Asian restraint make it all the more powerful (what I like in dramas, in contrasting images too raw in many Western productions)
Even now, I struggle to find the words to describe each wonderful moment spent before the crowned clown. All I know is that no episode has disappointed me, the drama is a real pleasure to enjoy and the actors always good!
What am I hoping for? That our queen exceeds some of her principles and that she can open her heart to HS (and not to the one she thought to be the king), I cross fingers for the next episodes.
(in the trailer we see her take in her arms a man but I'm not sure it's HS, it could also be her father)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

The envoy is almost the replica of Lee Beom Soo. Heh. How could they look so much alike? Related?

I wanted to pop by to exclaim about how much I enjoyed watching Ha Seon cry. I empathized, felt awe for, admired the strength of both the character and the actor though in different percentages. 

Poor HS must have been beyond miserable to have broken down in court that way. But that is what makes him suitable to be the king. Crying is not a weakness since it takes an incredible amount of courage to show others your vulnerabilities. Like how he stepped over the backs of scholars to prove that he will use means at his disposal to do what he believes/actually is right. Forget decorum and cunning officials.

I was was struck by how the Sec said the same about the Queen - straight as an arrow which is why she is most suitable. 

Match made  in heaven.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Frankly, my only complaint with this drama has been with the production. It sometimes feels as if it wants to be a bit epic, but possibly without the budget to make it epic though it's doing well with the budget that it does seem to have. It's better when the scenes are personal and intimate, and one can view the various emotions on its characters, and the production can really be grateful to its accomplished actors for that.

I agree.  In a way it's almost a blessing that their budgetary constraints restricted the production going the path of epic.  I felt Mr Sunshine had that problem.  The story was swallowed up by the spectacle.  Here because of the limited budget, there was less of a chance of that happening.  They had to rely more on plot and the actors/actresses to wow the audience.  It's always better when you do that in the long run.  Epic can only do so much to keep an audience invested.  It's the connection with the characters and their stories that will stay in the hearts of the public in the end.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Watch: “The Crowned Clown” Cast Is In Bright Spirits Despite The Freezing Weather In Making Video

Watch: “The Crowned Clown” Cast Is In Bright Spirits Despite The Freezing Weather In Making Video

Feb 14, 2019
by L. Kim

tvN’s “The Crowned Clown” released a new making video!

The clip starts off with a snowfall, and it is obvious the outdoor filming set is freezing cold. Despite the frigid weather, the cast is both playful and professional. Lee Kyu Han spots the making video camera and sends a cute wink to it. After seeing the crowd of scholars, he playfully comments, “[It’s like] 70 versus 1. Come at me! Come at me!”

The sun comes out, and the cameraman jokes that it’s all thanks to Kim Sang Kyung. Kim Sang Kyung isn’t embarrassed as he acknowledges the claim, saying, “I’m a man who calls on the sun. Just wait a little bit.” Yeo Jin Goonods and claps out of respect for him.

Later, Yeo Jin Goo becomes flustered when he has to step on the scholars. Kim Sang Kyung instructs the actors playing the scholars on how to position themselves and advises Yeo Jin Goo on how to walk on them. Yeo Jin Goo makes his first attempt, and perhaps he’s embarrassed or guilty, but he suddenly starts running away while towing Lee Kyu Han along with him.

Yeo Jin Goo just can’t get used to stepping on the actors and apologetically dusts off their backs. In the end, he manages to professionally film the scene, and Kim Sang Kyung praises him for doing a good job.

Next, Yeo Jin Goo starts rehearsing the scene where he hugs Lee Se Youngand gets shot with an arrow. The two are full of laughter as they practice together, and they come up with ideas to make the scene more realistic. During break, Yeo Jin Goo is a gentleman as he shields her face from the sunlight with his hand.

When filming, the two become completely immersed in their roles as forbidden lovers. Once the camera is off though, they turn back to their joking selves as they humorously imitate the way Yeo Jin Goo will be hit by an arrow.

“The Crowned Clown” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1303502wpp/watch-the-crowned-clown-cast-is-in-bright-spirits-despite-the-freezing-weather-in-making-video

• Like 5

Happy Valentines Day, TCC thread! All smiles from OTP :wub:

This is still a sageuk with political drama but jeezus, I feel so single watching this show

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I like the words of HS. Which he said to the secretary LKY that his world that he had to be rebuilt must have the queen beside him with even the secretary LKY reminding him of many times about forbidden love, but it could not resist the love he had To the queen as well:heart:

Despite the drama's stress, there is still a relaxing corner that makes me smile and laugh as well.:love:

Credit ... to IG thecrownedclown.tvn

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Aww look. The cast getting in the mood for love :heart:

Ever since they both met at the market while accompanying the HS & SW , I had this small wish for a side love story. Think they’d make a cute couple :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

....this sageuk is a real surprise. I delayed catching this drama, thinking that it would be as cliche as The Moon that Embraces the Sun.

The director's style reminds me of the director of Dongyi and DaeJangGeum. It's a roller coaster ride of emotions. Just as we are all holding to our seats with mounting tension, the comedic moments are a real welcome to break the tension.The minor triumphs of the clown also kept me hooked to the drama. Since this storyline has no real historic adherence, I really wish for a less tragic ending.

• Like 2

[The Crowned Clown] Ep 11 spoilers, Yeo Jin Goo x Lee Se Young

Ratings ep11: 9.3%

clown.png

Article: Naver 'The Clowned Clown' "Live for me" Yeo Jin Goo gets shot by an arrow after stopping Lee Se Young from jumping off the cliff 

1. [+1108,-17]
Now that he has made the queen change her mind, please start acting like a king. I'm always anxious while watching. And Dal Rae, please, can't you just do nothing? 

2. [+719,-34]
Today's episode is a legend. The romance and politics, all broke my heart. And I was so immersed. I hope this drama gets more popular. 

3. [+550,-16]
Yeo Jin Goo's acting was daebak when he cried. I had goosebumps when Lee Hun died. Ha Sun broke my heart when he cried. His acting is really good. 

4. [+322,-19]
Everyone is cheering for Ha Sun becoming a good king. I think next week's episode is going to be sad. 

5. [+271,-6]
Now I'll have to wait till Monday..... 

6. [+163,-1]
Eunuch Jo ㅋㅋㅋ He was really funny. He's cute. 

7. [+153,-2]
I've been watching this drama since the first episode. Every episode is interesting. The politics, romance, they all have appropriate amount of screentimes. The acting, directing, music, video, everything is perfect. As a viewer, this is satisfying in many ways. It's been a while since I've watched a good drama, I like it! The ending for today's episode is the best too. 

8. [+118,-3]
Lee Se Young's acting is really good too.... She has the aura of an idol, but her acting skills feel like she's a respectable actor. She's pretty and her emotional acting is good. As expected, there has to be no acting holes in a drama~

crown.png
Article: Naver 'The Crowned Clown' Yeo Jin Goo saves Lee Se Young who wanted to kill herself and gets shot... 'honest talk with each other' 

1. [+387,-4]
Knowing that today's Tuesday made me sadder. 

2. [+224,-10]
Ah, it's so fun.. It's been a while since I've watched a sageuk masterpiece. 

3. [+154,-1]
The ending is insane... A masterpiece that made me unable to differentiate Mondays and Tuesdays. 

4. [+125,-6]
How do I wait till next week? 

5. [+94,-1]
This drama is always ending with characters getting into dangerous situations and making viewers anxious.. That's how amazing this is~ It's so difficult to wait another week... 

6. [+35,-0]
An unavoidable development if he really wants to become the king. I think they will show us something new next week. Yeo Jin Goo, Lee Se Young, their acting skills are so good that they make this worth watching. In the middle of that, the royal chief secretary is working hard. 

7. [+25,-0]
They have filmed another legendary episode today. They are so good in endings!! I'm so curious what's going to happen next week. But on the other hand, this drama is going to end soon... It's a pity... The situation between Ha Sun and So Woon broke my heart. I hope they'll be happy. 

8. [+17,-0]
The queen's "King!" at the end!!! That's right... So Woon's king is Ha Sun. 

cr

• Like 5

Reminder:

Please do not post drama-unrelated news about the actors. News in regards of the actors belong in their respective actor threads. Also, please refrain from concealing an off-topic post by adding a drama-related comment or link.

Thanks.

-Jillia

• Like 2