Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Lovely to see the script reading. :) Many familiar faces and many sageuk veterans as well. I have to admit I've been missing sageuks in k-dramaland lately. I hope we'll see more in 2019 including this one of course. :D

• Like 2

Lee Kyuhan has been cast in The Crowned Clown

Lee Kyu Han will portray the role of  'Joo Hogeol', a bastard with a slave mother and noble father. He has no interest in affection but loves arithmetic. In Joseon's 8 provinces, he is the fastest when it comes to mathematics, and is a famous name for those in charge of accounting, but can't rise up due to his restricting birth status.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Awww~~~ a good and warm dinner is perfect while filming in the cold of the beginning winter in South Korea. :D

It's so nice of Kim Sangkyung to do this. ♥ A little bit more than a month till the premiere of TCC and they're really working hard. I hope their hard work pays off.

• Like 1

Yeo Jin Goo is a very lucky leading man with his leading ladies sending him coffee/food trucks left and right. :D

During the filming of The Crowned Clown, his leading lady from Absolute Boyfriend, Minah, sent him a coffee truck.

Coffee Truck Messages

• Yeo Jin Goo made me send this coffee truck  - Sincerely, Girl's Day Minah (Jingoo, fighting!)
  • It's very cold and you've been working really hard! Enjoy eating and have strength filming! - Sincerely, Girl's Day Minah

Yeo Jin Goo IG Caption

When... when did I...!!!!(sulking emojis) #PretendsNotToKnow(Pinocchio emoji) #ThankYou(thumbs up) #BangMinah #9ooGram

Trans: circulate9oo

And last night, it's Jungjeon Mama, Lee Se Young who sent a food truck for our Jeonha who is also close to wrapping up Absolute Boyfriend :D

Food Truck Messages

• My 'Absolute Boyfriend' is the King. Have a safe filming and return. - Sincerely, The Queen, Lee Se Young
  • 'Absolute Boyfriend' team, until the end, fighting-ha♥seyoung♥

Yeo Jin Goo IG Caption

Ddeokbokki and fish cake, sausage~ these are very excellent choices for this cold winter night~ I sincerely thank you for the perfect snacks, Queen!!!!!!! (thumbs up emojis) #ThankYou #LeeSeYoung #Sowoon #TheManWhoBecameKing #AbsoluteBoyfriend #9ooGram

Note: They both used traditional speech (aka sageuk speech) in their messages to each other. :D

Trans: circulate9oo

• Like 4

OMG! YES! This looks already so fine. I can't wait for a proper sageuk grazing my screen again. Especially with Yeo Jin Gu in it. Also this mask dance reminds a bit of the childhood part in "The Moon Embracing the Sun". :D

• Like 3

The teaser looks fantastic. Yeo jin goo is always great and I'm so happy lee se young, also a former child actor(a true veteran, she debuted back in 1997.) is his costar. I've missed a good, serious sageuk. 

• Like 5

Dtcv2FnX4AA3UA6?format=jpg&name=orig

The drama is going to be dope. COUNT ME IN !! I've watched the movie years ago (will re-watch it before the drama starts kick in ) and I really liked it. I've been eyeing on the drama since the news came out. And it's been a while I 've seen YJG in a good drama. My joy doubled when I heard he got the role :wub:

• Like 6

When I get my hands on my laptop, I should make an edit of Jingoo taking off his masks in TMETS, Jackpot and TCC teaser. I also immediately thought of that legendary TMETS scene when I first saw the teaser. I was so floored with how cinematic it looked and the poster is GORGEOUS!

19 hours ago, spark101 said:

The teaser looks fantastic. Yeo jin goo is always great and I'm so happy lee se young, also a former child actor(a true veteran, she debuted back in 1997.) is his costar. I've missed a good, serious sageuk. 

I'm glad Jingoo gets to act with someone not far from his age + a good actress and being a fellow former child actor is a bonus! Wow so she debuted when Jingoo was born. She's been in the industry for more than 20 years. A true veteran indeed! 

1 hour ago, Berou said:

The drama is going to be dope. COUNT ME IN !! I've watched the movie years ago (will re-watch it before the drama starts kick in ) and I really liked it. I've been eyeing on the drama since the news came out. And it's been a while I 've seen YJG in a good drama. My joy doubled when I heard he got the role :wub:

I really liked the movie too and did a re-watch the moment I heard he accepted the role. I really hope this drama delivers. The casting, the premise and the teasers so far all look amazing. So I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for this. Jingoo deserves a good drama. BTW, have you seen Circle? It's my top fave among all his dramas. ♥

I'm just really happy Jingoo is yet in another drama with no acting holes~♥ He gets to act with great and reliable seniors in the industry plus other good rising actors. 

The Crowned Clown, fighting!!!

• Like 5

Oh dear! The poster is gorgeous! :D:wub: Or should I say character poster? I don't care. It's beautiful!

EDIT:

OMG! I just realized Yeo Jin Gu is standing on the King's robe. :o

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Oh dear! The poster is gorgeous! :D:wub: Or should I say character poster? I don't care. It's beautiful!

EDIT:

OMG! I just realized Yeo Jin Gu is standing on the King's robe. :o

I really loved that particular detail. It also took me a second look to realize he's actually standing on a hongryongpo. The poster just looks so majestic and grim at the same time.

~~

I see some comments from time to time who still refer to him as "Seja Jeoha" and I'm suddenly reminded of the scene in Jackpot where he corrects Daegil for calling him "Jeoha" instead of "Jeonha". XD He is now The Man Who Became King after all. :D

• Like 4