Quantcast

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Jillia

In all honesty, after they killed of Lee Hun I lost the motivation to keep watching the drama as soon as the episodes air. It reminded me that this is still a Korean drama with obvious limitations in how they tell a story for a broad viewership.

For me, personally, they went down to boringville after deciding to kill off the "evil" king and replace him with Ha Seon who is the goody-good "pretend to be king".

I think they could've done so much more with Lee Hun and his character and it would've been so much interesting to see Ha Seon shift from his to good to be true-type of character to a more interesting and ambivalent character.

I haven't watched episode 11, yet, but I think they really need to address the issue that Lee Kyu lies about what happened to the real King and that he gets away with it? 

You know on one hand I think the drama is doing a good job since we know Lee Kyu isn't a good man. He does have good intentions but his good intentions shouldn't excuse the actions he takes. 

The only person with conscience is So Woon. I felt more for her than I felt for Ha Seon when she found out the truth. I know he was feeling conflicted in the past and he didn't know the truth about the King's death. But I'm not a big fan of dramas which suddenly turn  the person who caused the pain as well into a victim. He knew full well who he was when he fell for the queen and when he kissed her and made her fall for him. So I'm more on So Woon's side than on his.

Anyways what I wanted to say is that I admire So Woon's decision to leave the palace. She is the person with a conscience. She just found out that not only did Lee Hun die... she fell for someone who isn't her husband and who pretends to be the king. I'm sure the drama will turn this into a happy ending but I wish it wouldn't. Action do have consequences. But I guess I'm asking for too much.

I still watch this drama and I'm curious how they will resolve it but yeah they took away the edge of the drama for me. :( 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triplem said:

Some other little things that struck me:

-  HS is also unaware of YH's death. So now the question is whether Lee will ever tell HS and SW the truth or just take it with him to the grave. 

- HS can really hold his own when it comes to dealing with the Empress Dowager. Especially when he told her off about wanting to depose SW. It was quite swoony *(in a Joseon kind of way :D) when he said that she ( SW ) was his person first and foremost.

- Eunuch Cho is a delight to watch. I laughed so much when he was trying to make a ruckus to cover the King's absence. A much needed comedic break in what was a  very intense and angst filled episode.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I wish TVN would give more hints / teasers of what's to come

Hahaha eunuch Cho is a precious teddy bear. :) I was like “don’t you guys dare to hurt him!!!!”

And for Lee Heon death, Of course the story will be more fun with him but maybe it was too much for Yeo Jin Goo to handle both character with such a little time to shoot. They are doing ongoing shoot, aren’t they? And the CGI to put Lee Heon and Ha Seon together in one scene definitely will consume more time and budget. I just hope the story will still hold it’s pace and quality. And for me, 3 episodes after the king,s death (he’s been killed off in ep 8, right?) the story is still good and it still interesting to watch. 

I hope the rest of episodes will be as good as the first half. I love this drama so much

Them :bawling: :wub:

This scene from the preview trailer caught my attention. It gives us a glimpse of a man's tortured soul. Who could that be?! :open_mouth:

Rough translation by Milawaty [YT] :

Haseon: I know that if I want to bear this position (as a king) I should feel this kind of hurt

Lee Kyu: How couldn't you keep to stay silent till the end?

Haseon: As you have said, to live at this palace there are only two ways..

Chi soo: kneel down! I will tell you the way to save your younger sister..

Haseon: Do you want to resist till the end?

Chi soo: Now call the sinner court secretary right away! Then I will declare your sister as the court lady!

Haseon: Now only one way left I could take...

30 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

The rating is a bit down? I hope tonight episode will rise the rating again

Yeah I think everyone dropped bar Lawyer Jo2 and Light In Your Eyes which saw rises.  TCC is still number 1 though for that time slot. :)

Waaaaa long time ayy.. this place has changed so much !! 

yeorobunnn..!!! go checkout @7lvariety IG account  just in case the link i posted below not working. . This chingu has made fabulousss fan video of King lee heon & Queen So Woon !!! So many overlapping scenes, moments from their past and present to their last moment together... Those who love them must go watch it , like and follow the creator!! 

omo! HS revealed himself to SCS? that was quiet unexpected. At that scene when SCS was testing him with the dagger i knew HS was losing it but just maybe he had some hidden card when he pulled the drawer to take out something and omg! it was all over when he threw the coin. Just when i was looking forward to some romance between HS and the queen now that she has accepted him. Now everything is going haywire.

Seeing the preview I don't think i like what is coming in episode 13. It looks like HS is bowing down to SCS to save Dal Rae and Gab Soo and the chief sec could be prosecuted.  I have said it before that DR and GS could be HS stumbling block. 

OMG haven’t watched yesterday ep yet but, HS revealed himself to that evil minister??? (don’t remember his name) tch.. :crazy: waaaeeeee

Now will he have a hold on him? I wonder how the Queen role in this story. Of course I think she won’t be there just for the romance reason. Isn’t she having the power to order the government too? If the king is dead and he has no heir, shouldn’t the power automatically went to the Queen as the leader? I wish she will step up to protect Ha Seon later. I literally was screaming when she said she didn’t care if poeple curse her or throw rocks at her, she just wants to live for Ha Seon. I was like “yeah Kweeennnn!! You go giiiiirrrrlll”. I hope she will show the more power when Ha Seon and “his crew” hit a rock bottom because of that evil minister.

Btw, what is the reason behind his evil act? Is that minister wanting the throne or something? I  watched since the beginning and he seems like evil for no reason :sweat_smile:

HS is pretty smart for a commoner. His heart is in the right place, has strong support and good people around him.

Is his sister supposed to be a smart one too? After Monday’s ep, I am beginning to doubt that they are related by blood...

Oh my, it seems this is getting even interesting! Thanks @triplem for the summary^^. Glad that HS is punishing the right people, but I hope he doesn't go too far. 

I was somewhat scared on the preview for tonight's episode yesterday because I thought an important person to HS is the one being punished...whew. It seems DalRae is one smart girl as well.

But Lee has killed himself a boy and the real king. So why does he look shocked by this punishment? HS had reasons for these punishments as both were perpetrators. On the other hand, Lee killed an innocent boy just for his cause. The prince represented a thread to the King... and it was the same for the King. I don't condemn the King for these punishments. 

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But Lee has killed himself a boy and the real king. So why does he look shocked by this punishment? HS had reasons for these punishments as both were perpetrators. On the other hand, Lee killed an innocent boy just for his cause. The prince represented a thread to the King... and it was the same for the King. I don't condemn the King for these punishments. 

Perhaps because it's HS we're talking here, he probably never expected him to do such thing considering his good natured personality?^^.. 

And oh, I just saw SW crying..how painful it must be. I feel so sad for her :tears:. I still hope though that she could still conceive a child for HS :wub:.

16 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Perhaps because it's HS we're talking here, he probably never expected him to do such thing considering his good natured personality?^^.. 

And oh, I just saw SW crying..how painful it must be. I feel so sad for her :tears:. I still hope though that she could still conceive a child for HS :wub:.

Well, HS said that he wanted justice for his sister, so no need to be surprised by such a verdict. A really revengeful man could have killed the son or even have him castrated Moreover, this man did deserve this kind of punishment. He was responsible for the addiction and for embezzlement.

34 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, HS said that he wanted justice for his sister, so need to be surprised by such a verdict. A really revengeful man could have killed the son or even have him castrated Moreover, this man did deserve this kind of punishment. He was responsible for the addiction and for embezzlement.

True..no complaints because HS is punishing the right people, I'm actually quite glad for that coz they deserve it. Them still alive is already a leniency on HS's part.

37 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

BTS THE CROWNED CLOWN EP.14

They are filming intense scenes and heartbreaking scenes but they seems having fun filming it. What a pro. And what did YJG say when LSY hugged him? Something like "Hey...." :joy: They are super cute.

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Archived