Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Yeo Jin Goo's IG Post with his newest fanboy~ Hogeol!

#Justbelieveinme #Pleaselookatme 

:lol::lol::lol: The real love triangle in this drama isn't Yi Heon x Sowoon x Haseon. It's actually Sowoon x Haseon x Hogeol

• LOL 9

When returning to the last scene and the last sentence of HS and the Queen It seems that their world is being broken.:heartbreak: I can touch it Tonight they must be separated. Both of them would suffer pain.:bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Urghhh watching some cuts on IG , and this is the scene Lee tells her about HS’s identity . I am curious how much he told her . @stroppyse did he tell her about YH’s death 

continuation in spoiler 

Spoiler

@SeGafanlady he’s crying even in court 

Here he goes to see her , but of course she’s angry & feels betrayed . Given how stubborn & upright she is as a person, I don’t know if she’ll ever forgive him or even accept him 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

So on IG cuts , I know she decides to leave the palace & Lee tried to advise her against it but of course she did not listen . I thought she was going to go look for her exiled father but I think she was trying to kill herself or maybe contemplated too . Thankfully HS had followed her & saved her in the nick of time

And oh god , someone was after her but he  shielded her & got shot 

Spoiler

There’s hope yet ..in her heart , he’s king 

But the preview looks like she hugged him

Edited by triplem
  • Like 10

Jonhaaaa~~~~ :bawling: why do I need to wait for a week for next episode?????

Wow this episode really shows Lee Se Young’s acting ability. She portray the pain so well. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

a Queen must do what a Queen does...

and for her... the country.. the people.. the nation.. is above all.

not to mention her father’s head is still intact thanks to Ha Seon..

as well as many heads has been saved.. countless... 

what is royal blood? a competent and a wise king is what the country needs to fight all those scuumbagzz corruptors and criminals.. this is the beginning of a prosperous nation.. where all people can live in peace and harmony... I am with this change... I’m with the people.. 

now that he also saved her heart from getting arrowed to death... I hope she is woke.

and from the preview of one second hug.. my heart feels at ease.. little by little.. one step at a time.. for the nation and for her heart... all is right.

can’t wait to watch RAW soon I am at work but can not concentrate lol

• Like 5
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, triplem said:

Urghhh watching some cuts on IG , and this is the scene Lee tells her about HS’s identity . I am curious how much he told her . @stroppyse did he tell her about YH’s death 

Yes. SW asks Sec Lee where the King was, so he tells her how the King had become addicted to opium and become paranoid. As soon as HS had been installed in the palace, the King had slipped off. SW mentions that she's sure that LH had come back to the palace once. Sec Lee acknowledges it, but then adds that is the night that LH had a fit and died. SW became distraught that the King died without her even knowing it. Sec Lee takes the blame for the state of affairs, and tells her that he will follow her command as to what to do, however, asks her to think more deeply and far-sightedly meaning to think about it for the nation rather than her own feelings.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Translation of the preview

SCS: You’re saying that that entertainer’s sister was holding this royal item?
Prince: If I could become king, what wouldn’t I be able to give you for that?
Man: You said that if I came today, that the king would be here, so isn’t this different from the promise you made?
Sec Lee: In this land, another catastrophe could happen.
HS: For the sake of the royal tasks that I must undertake, that I must forsake the fates that I have cherished until now, I’ve realized that now.

nb: Btw, thanks to the soompi swear filters, when I translate for here, I tend to skip words that the swear filters are going to object to. So, in this drama, SCS has a rather coarse way of talking sprinkled with epithets and curse words, when he's not actually speaking at court, of course.

So, more plots and counterplots to happen. However, from this preview, I think the main takeaway is that HS is going to embrace being the king  for the sake of the work that he feels he has to try to do, even going so far as to cutting his ties with his sister and the ajusshi who had been taking care of them.

• Thanks 10

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

nb: Btw, thanks to the soompi swear filters, when I translate for here, I tend to skip words that the swear filters are going to object to. So, in this drama, SCS has a rather coarse way of talking sprinkled with epithets and curse words, when he's not actually speaking at court, of course.

Off topic so in spoiler

Spoiler

Bwahaha...as a newbie I had to be told what 'Richard Simmons' was.  It kept popping up in some posts/messages I was reading and I was like "Who is this 'Richard Simmons' guy?  I don't remember Lycra wearing fitness guru with the same namesake being remotely related to anything Korean?"  :lol:.  Eventually I summoned the courage to ask a Sunbae and she graciously explained it to me.

• LOL 9

This episode is so sad and heartbreaking. I'm yet to watch it subbed... but aww when Haseon broke down in front of the ministers. He's trying to hold himself together, but it was just too much for him and he finally sobbed his heart out. :tears:

And the Queen.. It must've been an information overload for her. Sigh. I'm relieved that at least she knew of Yi Heon's death before Haseon did. 

Major props to everyone's acting this episode! Everyone's AMAZING!

Sowoon called Haseon "Jeonha" at the end! Ack my heartttttttt. My feels, my feels, my feels. Now that the truth has been relieved, please be happy you two. :tears:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

@SeGafanlady i am with you . I am all for HS to be king . Forget history. This is a drama. Ha Seon , though he’s still in some way  Lee’s  tool to achieve a utopia that the latter’s  been dreaming of, is really the sort of person with the right motivations  & personality for the job.  The sort of king that the oppressed people of this nation needs . Every person that has ever come in contact with HS , comes to like & love him . They know he may lack skills & knowledge, but that to me is a matter of learning . What’s important is his heart is in the right place, and that can never be taught or learned . 

Don’t worry @circulate9oo , SW will realise it’s HS that she has fallen for 

———

In spite of all the heartache in Eps 10 / 11, I appreciate all the little moments of humour . One more added to HS’s fan club :lol:

@circulate9oo I hope you don’t mind me posting this here. While this is not my first YJG drama , this is the first role of his where I felt so  completely invested in the character his playing. So good . 

@stroppyse thanks loads for the explanation & translation

• Like 11

@triplem No, I don't mind at all! Thanks for posting it. I see random stuff whenever I browse for The Crowned Clown and the quickest outlet for me to share it is on twitter, and when I come on soompi, it gets mixed up among other thoughts, so I don't get to post it in the end. So if you guys see anything worth sharing, please do go ahead! :D

People at theqoo keep posting threads warning Sowoon of Hogeol, because of Jingoo's IG post (to which Lee Kyuhan replied, "Don't let go of my hand!!!!!!" :lol: Plus the guy is an amazing cook. Hahaha Hogeol isn't playing around, he's already unintentionally getting close to Haseon's family. LMAO

Haseon and Sowoon now knows Yi Heon has died but they still don't know that Yi Heon was intentionally poisoned by Yi Kyu. I wonder if it will still come up in the future. 

I was so nervous for the ratings of The Crowned Clown because it just couldn't get its proper momentum. 3 promising shows also premiered this week, but I'm so glad TCC got back on its feet, and I hope they get their double digit rating ASAP! Kim Sang Kyung said he wouldn't eat until they achieve it, I hope the viewers will make KSK eat already! :sweatingbullets::lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

Haseon and Sowoon now knows Yi Heon has died but they still don't know that Yi Heon was intentionally poisoned by Yi Kyu. I wonder if it will still come up in the future. 

I don't see how they would find out unless Sec. Lee tells them that he did so, and I doubt that he would in order to protect the monarchy. With their natures, both HS and SW would probably be wretched about LH having been killed so that HS could be king in his stead.

And, to be honest, I hope how LH died does not come to light. LH was firmly in the grips of opium addiction, paranoia, and anger so that he no longer knew who to trust or to be able to rule fairly or wisely. HS has a more grounded outlook and at least a clearer head, making him more able than anyone else that we've seen in court, however, HS does not have a legitimate hold on the throne. Only if they reveal some random birth secret where HS is actually LH's twin would they be able to have HS possibly take the throne legitimately. Of course, that would actually make this drama a bit on the trite side.

I have to agree with @triplem btw that while I've always admired YJG as an actor, I haven't always been vested in his roles that he's taken on as an adult actor (versus his child roles). But, I find myself vested in HS, wanting him to succeed in negotiating the court and taking hold of real power, and I found myself feeling sorrowful with LH's death even as I despised the man and the king that he had become. It's a tribute to YJG, I think, that both of his characters are able to affect me albeit in such different ways.

Frankly, my only complaint with this drama has been with the production. It sometimes feels as if it wants to be a bit epic, but possibly without the budget to make it epic though it's doing well with the budget that it does seem to have. It's better when the scenes are personal and intimate, and one can view the various emotions on its characters, and the production can really be grateful to its accomplished actors for that.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

I was so nervous for the ratings of The Crowned Clown because it just couldn't get its proper momentum. 3 promising shows also premiered this week, but I'm so glad TCC got back on its feet, and I hope they get their double digit rating ASAP! 

Haechi is the only real contender I think - it's on SBS (free to air) and Sageuk as well.  Anyway TCC is on top which is where it belongs.  Personally I feel like it's built up so much momentum and gotten such a head start that the others will have a tough time keeping up.  Plus Netizens love the OTP (both of them) so I can see the ratings climbing steadily. Fingers crossed it will crack double digits. 

• Like 8