Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Another fabulous scene !! Yeo Jin Goo playing HS who claimed to be YH is still different with the way he interpreted YH. He has a really very detailed game!

This love story is so cute ( And I love !!!! ^^ )... But I wonder how HS can he take so many risks with the queen when he knowing the truth?

He must be aware that the truth will shock her and hurt her (even if she could accept HS later)
But there must also be a bit of consciousness in him lost in the midst of the feelings he feels for the queen who should also alarm him, for himself and for the queen ... Or is he not (or more) at all concient of this?

I have trouble understanding this side of HS ...

I know, he is very in love but I can't understand that he hasn't aware of the risks for him and the queen but also the harm it can do them in the future? didn't imagine him going so far (kissing)

:mellow:

• Like 6

Yeo Jin Goo, Lee Se Young, And Kim Sang Kyung Share Stories Behind Memorable Scenes In “The Crowned Clown”

Feb 6, 2019
by S. Park

The cast of “The Crowned Clown” unveiled fun stories behind their drama.

On February 5, tvN aired a special episode featuring actors Yeo Jin Goo, Lee Se Young, and Kim Sang Kyung who portray leads Ha Sun/Lee Heon, Yoo So Yoon, and Lee Kyu.

Kim Sang Kyung began, “Merry Happy Chuseok. No wait, it’s Seollal (Lunar New Year). It’s because we began filming at Chuseok. I’m sure many people were waiting to watch the broadcast and are wondering why we appeared. We prepared a special broadcast so that you can spend a better Seollal.”

TV personality Great Library appeared wearing a mask and began reciting one of Ha Sun’s lines. He then burst into laughter and commented that he couldn’t do it. When he said to Lee Se Young, “I’ve seen your true self, but you look so serious on TV,” the actress joked, “This is actually me acting and that’s the real me.”

The actors then shared stories and secrets behind certain scenes in the drama. When the scene of Ha Sun and Lee Heon’s first meeting was brought up, Yeo Jin Goo talked about the difficulty of portraying two characters. “It was my first scene, so I was really nervous because I didn’t know how to film it,” he said. Kim Sang Kyung added, “It was a scene the director took a lot of care with because he had to capture Lee Heon and Ha Sun in one frame.”

The-Crowned-Clown1.jpg

About the scene where Lee Heon confronts Yoo So Yoon and tries to kiss her, Lee Se Young said, “The viewers’ reactions were better than I thought.” Yeo Jin Goo added, “So Yoon is the only person that Lee Heon wants to feel affection from, and I actually felt upset in real life. The director pointed out that I stomped loudly when leaving like an angry person. But I stomped while leaving because I was really upset.”

lee-se-young-yeo-jin-goo-the-crowned-clo

Kim Sang Kyung explained his flying kick by saying, “Yeo Jin Goo’s facial expression while looking at me was so funny. This was actually an homage to ‘Memories of Murder.’ That fly kick was something that Song Kang Ho did to me. The line in the movie was, ‘Is this a clown kingdom?’ but I couldn’t do it because it was too direct.” Speaking about their great chemistry with Jang Gwang, Kim Sang Kyung said, “The three of us work really well together. We found out that he’s the youngest of eight siblings. He’s so cute.” About Yoo So Yoon and Ha Seon’s bridge scene, Kim Sang Kyung revealed, “Personally, that’s my favorite scene. I cried because it was so beautiful.”

When the scene of him stabbing Yeo Jin Goo began to play, Kim Sang Kyung said, “After that episode aired, I got a lot of phone calls asking me where that was. That was filmed right before it got cold, but it the chill caught us unaware. It was really cold at dawn. That facial expression isn’t a serious expression, but rather my face being frozen from the cold. I climbed up and the view was so nice. I didn’t know when there were clouds, but I could see the city after the clouds lifted.”

Spoiler

The-Crowned-Clown2.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo also talked about filming a kiss scene in the library. Yeo Jin Goo said, “Before we start filming, we call the library hell. It’s quite difficult to film in the library. We have to clean up while filming in order for the camera to go in.” Kim Sang Kyung added, “Until yesterday, the Queen had never been the one to kiss someone first, so this was meaningful.”

Watching Lee Heon and Yoo So Yoon sleeping together, Lee Se Young commented, “During that scene, Yeo Jin Goo threw me over his shoulder, so I had a bad headache.” About the part where Yeo Jin Goo untied her clothes, she continued, “Yeo Jin Goo did a good job untying it. But since the director is a woman, she personally demonstrated.”

When Lee Heon’s death scene appeared, Kim Sang Kyung said, “My heart hurt when the script talked about how nice it would’ve been if I were his dad. He had suppressed his sadness. The scene before this where he ate a meal in an underground tunnel was also sad. It was so cold on this day that it was difficult to just stand. I told Yeo Jin Goo that it’d be a scene that would forever last in the memory of an actor.”

Praising Yeo Jin Goo’s acting, he added, “That scene looks as if it was filmed in one take, but we had to constantly move around because water kept coming in. It’s difficult for an actor to carry on emotions, but I thought it was really amazing. He continued to film many other scenes.”

Yeo Jin Goo concluded, “I’m getting lots of advice from senior actors and the filming crew, but I think I’m going to have to seek more advice. I’ll film healthily since many people are giving me love.” Kim Sang Kyung added, “If this was a play, we’re ending the first act and beginning the second act. We’ll end it well with as much energy as the first act. Please be with ‘The Crowned Clown’ on  Mondays and Tuesdays.”

Spoiler

The-Crowned-Clown3.jpg

“The Crowned Clown” will next air on February 11 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301665wpp/yeo-jin-goo-lee-se-young-and-kim-sang-kyung-share-stories-behind-memorable-scenes-in-the-crowned-clown

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

So cuuutteeeee :love: and Lee Se Young reaction at the end is so funny. :joy:

:joy::joy::joy:  Lee Se Young's reaction was so funny!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, vladlola06 said:

Another fabulous scene !! Yeo Jin Goo playing HS who claimed to be YH is still different with the way he interpreted YH. He has a really very detailed game!

This love story is so cute ( And I love !!!! ^^ )... But I wonder how HS can he take so many risks with the queen when he knowing the truth?

He must be aware that the truth will shock her and hurt her (even if she could accept HS later)
But there must also be a bit of consciousness in him lost in the midst of the feelings he feels for the queen who should also alarm him, for himself and for the queen ... Or is he not (or more) at all concient of this?

I have trouble understanding this side of HS ...

I know, he is very in love but I can't understand that he hasn't aware of the risks for him and the queen but also the harm it can do them in the future? didn't imagine him going so far (kissing)

:mellow:

I think this is a flaw in Haseon's character. He is letting his love for the Queen cloud his judgment. Haseon is someone who is impulsive and would go follow whatever he feels is right in the moment. Many times he went against Chief Secretary's orders and went ahead doing his thing. This is a double-edged sword for Haseon. His easygoing, carefree character has gained him the love of the Queen but this is also his bane. Because once the Queen finds out the truth, reality will stab him really hard in the back.

==

Yeo Jin Goo is just so awesome. He was acting this scene against a stand but he was totally immersed playing the character. Wow.

cI6B4UX.gif

gR6dptI.gif

GIF source

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

I think this is a flaw in Haseon's character. He is letting his love for the Queen cloud his judgment.

I don't see it as a flaw on HS's part. He fell in love with the queen i guess when you fell in love you don't hold back you just fell in love. Likewise so is the queen she too fell in love, she fell in love with the 'new king' she thinks he has change maybe like when they first married only she doesn't know he is fake. The queen will be initially shocked when she finds out he is a fake but i doubt she will reject him entirely. But HS may hesitate especially when in the preview ep10 looks like the chief secretary rebukes HS about his relations with the queen telling HS he may become the 'real king' but to the queen he's a fake. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I don't see it as a flaw on HS's part. He fell in love with the queen i guess when you fell in love you don't hold back you just fell in love. Likewise so is the queen she too fell in love, she fell in love with the 'new king' she thinks he has change maybe like when they first married only she doesn't know he is fake. The queen will be initially shocked when she finds out he is a fake but i doubt she will reject him entirely. But HS may hesitate especially when in the preview ep10 looks like the chief secretary rebukes HS about his relations with the queen telling HS he may become the 'real king' but to the queen he's a fake. 

I consider it a flaw because he's having a relationship with the Queen that is built on lies. The Queen thinks he is her actual husband, but he's not. He is not allowing himself to think rationally and is letting his love for the Queen allow him to continue living in a dream, which in the end, is not good for him and the Queen.

Like what Chief Secretary will clarify with him in the next episode, he still isn't Yi Heon. The Queen needs to know who Haseon truly is before she could fully love him, clown or not. For now the Queen has only fallen for his true characteristics, but still thinks of him  as Yi Heon.

Haseon is someone who lives in the moment, and I don't necessarily blame him for it. I want him to end up with the Queen but for now, his impulsive nature is leading him to some obstacles. Him falling for Sowoon couldn't be helped, but him blindly acting on his feelings is going to teach him some lessons the hard way.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Lee Hun was born royal blood and noble.. while Ha Seon is a commoner. Lee Hun was spoiled and guarded... prepared to rule the nation.. while Ha Seon worked as a clown to earn living.. ok those heaven and earth different level platform is what made them their selves.

to me... it is understandable why HS falls so easily for Seo Woon.. the circumstances lead them to experience such important and crucial yet thrilling moments together.. don’t forget HS saved Seo Woon’s father from beheading and I am still hoping oneday king HS will bring him back because the man was innocent. 

to continue ruling and running the nation, the dragon (king) and phoenix (queen) must and need to be in a perfect balance and harmony.. in this case, the late Lee Hun who wanted to demote and kill Seo Woon with sayak poison  ( he also wanted to demote and kill queen mother  +  behead officer Jang ) was not qualified to be the king at all.. but in HS case, despite he is fake and a replacement.. he also deserve respect as a King.. also from Secretary Lee. 

HS maybe a fake but his love to Seo Woon is as true as it can be. Something that Seo Woon has never achieve.. experience and feel before.. she receives HS heart and soul... his everything.

how will she reacts later when she finds out? we will look forward...

well... if we want to judge the story plot based on truth and lies... this drama should never aired. this is a friction. writer will write what is in her mind and Director will bring it to the set and create this awesome drama.

I wonder how will this story unfold... I won’t be condemning or using reality and human norms because we’re all know how korean dramas are.. sageuk or modern.. 

guess I’m the oldest unnie here... :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Don't get me wrong here. I'm still rooting for Haseon and Sowoon. And I actually enjoy all their romantic scenes. All I'm saying here is, I acknowledge that Haseon isn't a morally-perfect character here, which I'm honestly all for. It means that his character will eventually undergo obstacles due to his mistakes and that's how his character will learn and grow.

He is a character with strengths and flaws. And from a literally standpoint, that is what a good character should have. This actually makes him more real and interesting, instead of being all perfectly good and righteous and commits no wrong.

It's true that he is living a lie and is currently blinded by his love. He will realize that not telling Sowoon the truth sooner will have its own dire consequence. He's been encouraging the relationship between Sowoon and him to grow deeper while living under Yi Heon's identity. Sowoon is unaware of his true identity. Once she finds out the truth, I think we can cross out happy in that list of reactions she will have. And it's about to be worse with her true husband actually dead. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

don’t forget HS saved Seo Woon’s father from beheading and I am still hoping oneday king HS will bring him back because the man was innocent. 

to continue ruling and running the nation, the dragon (king) and phoenix (queen) must and need to be in a perfect balance and harmony.. in this case, the late Lee Hun who wanted to demote and kill Seo Woon with sayak poison  ( he also wanted to demote and kill queen mother  +  behead officer Jang ) was not qualified to be the king at all.. but in HS case, despite he is fake and a replacement.. he also deserve respect as a King.. also from Secretary Lee. 

HS maybe a fake but his love to Seo Woon is as truth as ever.. 

how will she reacts later when she finds out? we will look forward...

well... if we want to judge the story plot based on truth and lies... this drama should never aired. this is a friction. writer will write what is in her mind and Director will bring it to the set and create this awesome drama.

Sorry for cutting your post.

1. You are right about HS saving SW's father, that will be a plus sign for HS in the eyes of SW. 

2. There is no other choice for Sec Lee but to see HS remains as king till the end because he murdered LH, they will have him beheaded if the truth surfaces. But i fear for Del Rae and Kab Soo both might be killed either by Prince Jinpyeong or SCS to extract the truth or killed by sec Lee to silence them.

3. I understand that the drama is fiction though it is based on the life of Gwanghae. So i hope to enjoy the drama to the end without focusing too much on history. 

• Like 6

Lee Se Young mentioned in the special how Yeo Jin Goo would cover her ears with hotpacks so that it won't get red whenever they do outdoor scenes, and tvN released the photos today~ they're so adorable. Yeo Jin Goo is such a gentleman. I remember reading on the previous article how he also blocked the wind for her when they were filming an outdoor scene and it was very cold.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I think this drama is going to crush my heart . The romance is so pure & beautiful but yet in the back of my mind ,I’m always worried because SW is still unaware of who HS is . Every scene of them together, makes me teary because the feelings exchanged are real in spite of HS’s fake identity. Those beautiful love letters leading up to her running up the stairs to meet him makes me wish it was not under these circumstances that they had fallen in love .But then again , what makes it so compelling is that this is no ordinary love story ...

A783FD74-443E-4E42-A939-2B4A986A5853.png

-/-

The many amazing expressions of our talented YJG

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

UPDATED Yeo Jin Goo Sageuk Historical Dramas Compilation 2006-2019

I think he is appropriate in the drama about Sageuk's history. He always does great in every role. He has a talent for acting since childhood.:thumbsup:

Credit to the owner of the video clip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh my gosh, I waited for a week to finally watch the episode and now here I am- ready to rant to my heart's content! I just wanted to laugh a little at Eunuch Cho's comment about his knees being sore and predicting the weather... I totally have that ability too and I laughed so hard during that scene because it reminded me of me. :joy:

Onto the episode: I really loved the King-Queen interaction this episode throughout, especially HS leaving tons of notes under books in the library. I will admit that the lighting gets a little hard to see sometimes (maybe my brightness problem), but it adds to the intensity of the scene itself. I also liked where HS and the Queen went to the King's mother's room and taunted her; she fully deserved that. It confused me though, I can't be sure if SCS put out the posters or did the King's mother/Lord Jinpyeong... It sounded like SCS did it but at the same time, it sounded like Lord Jinpyeong too. 

There must be something in that tea that the Queen has been drinking for sure. I'm sure it's got some type of (click spoiler if you want to read prediction):

Spoiler

Some type of medicine that either prevents her from getting pregnant or will make her child dead if she ever had one with the King.

I hope nothing happens to Secretary Lee and Woon Shim and the others working together in a group. Next episode is going to require a lot of fresh air... Better get it in the next day while we still can breathe easy ... It's going to be a long ride ahead... Hope they leave Dal Rae and their "uncle" alone, poor two. :anguished:

• Like 5

in memoriam of King Lee Heon..

death is his freedom...... 

• Like 6

On 9 February 2019 at 2:46 PM, triplem said:

I think this drama is going to crush my heart . The romance is so pure & beautiful but yet in the back of my mind ,I’m always worried because SW is still unaware of who HS is .

Which is why I am backing out watching it live... :lol: I will just read spoilers and watch from a distance... Spoil myself with cinematographically beautiful scenes of their dalliances with Schubert tinkling in the background for ambience.  Yes I am a coward.  :tears:. And then when they get their happily ever after I can binge watch and speed through the angsty scenes knowing in advance that all is well for this aesthetically blessed couple.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3