Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

I'm still in doubt that the real King is dead. I mean I felt really bad for him even though I also hated him a little. If this was a real life scenario, I can see why he turned out to be a bit of vicious king. This poor thing went through so much from birth. His life was just one big tragedy by itself. His parents dead and he became the King when he was young. His father never loved him. His father also despised him for his mother's death. He lived in fear of getting poisoned/killed by almost everyone around him his whole life which was the case. He was smart, he knew what kind of treasonous things were plotted against him by whom. He had good intensions for his country though the fear of getting killed overshadowed it. He loved his Queen but he didn't know how to show his feelings which resulted in a distant relationship between the two. He only knew how to throw adult tantrums and depended on drugs to suppress his emotional pain. He got poisoned by the only person he trusted. I thought that the guy did it like a mercy poisoning and stayed with him till he died, he should've at least held him in his arms. After all, it was his birthday too. His death was heartbreaking and lonely even though someone was with him.

giphy.gif

I also feel like the Queen might resent the other guy for about a couple of eps when she finds out that the King she fell in love when she was young and married has dead and someone already living his live as him. She was in love with him even though he was bad and they had not lived like a real married couple. Just my opinion. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I have been following this drama since episode 1 but couldn't decide whether to post here or follow through till the end. Knowing full well of his sad and tragic end I had kept away from dramas about the life of Gwanghae like Splendid Politics and the King's Face, only saw the movie Masquerade and Warriors of the Dawn which incidentally stars Yoo Gin Goo.  

I have to admit the last 2 episode was quiet intense and what is interesting to me was that the writers took a different approach by having the real king murdered. Wow!!! what happens now? I have to stick then to see what happens although i didn't like that the clown still has some loose ends like his sister Del Rae and Kab Soo if he is to really stepped into the King's shoes. Can he truly throw everything away for the person he cherish, the queen and will she embrace him when she finds out who he really is. 

If the drama is to really follow history then Gwanghae and the queen will be deposed. I'm hoping the writers will give us a good ending here.

• Like 5

Yeo Jin Goo Faces One Of His Greatest Crises Yet In “The Crowned Clown”

Feb 4, 2019
by J. Lim

Trouble is brewing in tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “The Crowned Clown.”

“The Crowned Clown” tells the story of King Lee Heon (Yeon Jin Goo) as he trades places with his look-alike and clown Ha Seon (Yeo Jin Goo) to avoid being killed by those who wish to overthrow him.

The previous episode showed clown Ha Seon deciding that he wishes to become a permanent king. Though he is determined to take over the throne, Kim Ji Bong (Yoo Hyung Kwan) tells Shin Chi Soo (Kwon Hae Hyo

The new stills show that danger looming as Ha Seon not knowing what to do as he finds himself facing a wanted poster that has his face and description written on it. With him is the chief royal secretary Lee Gyu (Kim Sang Kyung), who is shocked but also has a look of grim determination on his face. The wanted poster is set to get the entire palace buzzing, and it still yet certain whether Ha Seon will be able to keep his identity a secret.

Yeo-Jin-Goo-Kim-Sang-Kyung.jpg

The production staff stated, “The upcoming episode will kick off the second half of the series. With Shin Chi Soo holding suspicions about the king, many dangers lay ahead for clown Ha Seon. The drama will be even more riveting, so please anticipate it.”

The next episode of “The Crowned Clown” will air on February 4 at 9:30 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301336wpp/yeo-jin-goo-faces-one-of-his-greatest-crises-yet-in-the-crowned-clown

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I just finish reunion dinner . Happy lunar new year to all of you who celebrate it ! 

So what happened today? Someone just spoil it for me. I know I won’t have time to watch given the festivities ahead.  But  I’m dying to know ...:lol: . The YT links are not enough. My heart fluttered more at the library scene then the kiss. Who knew the library can be such a romantic place :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

I just finish reunion dinner . Happy lunar new year to all of you who celebrate it ! 

So what happened today? Someone just spoil it for me. I know I won’t have time to watch given the festivities ahead.  But  I’m dying to know ...:lol: . The YT links are not enough. My heart fluttered more at the library scene then the kiss. Who knew the library can be such a romantic place :D 

The kissing scene of HS I gave the appropriate satisfaction rating.:thumbsup: Touching the mouth should be enough for YJG to hope that there will be no hot kisses. My heart is like a bomb.:heartbreak:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Happy lunar new year to all celebrating! 

I finished my reunion dinner too and came in here to read juicy bits of today’s ep. heh. It looks very promising from the short snippets provided by you guys. 

Cant wait for subs to come out! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

OMG just went to Viki to watch the raw and oooh noooo the preview killed me...

in a way I am glad the next episode will be next week because I don’t think I can handle myself tomorrow... and... what a beautiful long peck.... so touching.. and of course.. the calm before the storm... 

looking forward for the fully subbed episode... 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

[The Crowned Clown] Ep 9 spoilers, Yeo Jin Goo x Lee Se Young

Article: Naver 'The Crowned Clown' Kwon Hae Hyo VS Kim Sang Kyung, fierce battle of wits involving Yeo Jin Goo's real identity 

1. [+563,-11]
When Court Lady Kim was caught trying to check if he has a wound on his chest, he turned into the violent Ha Sun instantly. That acting was daebak. Seriously, Yeo Jin Goo is a gem!

2. [+372,-4]
It was scary and a close call. Lee Hun is really pitiful, but I hope Ha Sun plays the role as the king well. Shin Chi Soo and the royal secretary aren't your average people too. 

3. [+293,-4]
Kim Sang Kyung's acting class is really different.. As expected, an actor I can believe in and watch his dramas. 

4. [+162,-20]
Kim Sang Kyung's voice is really good. It's my first time seeing that actress, her voice and aura make her seem like a sexy woman. She's charismatic. 

5. [+113,-5]
There's something on the queen's face. It's the word beautiful.. Now, I hope he does his love life and politics well. Also, use the Law of Uniform Land Tax to clear up everything at one go. 

6. [+90,-0]
Kim Sang Kyung really matches sageuk well... His chemistry with Yeo Jin Goo is really good. I get so immersed whenever the two are together in one scene. Anyway, the two are really good at acting. 

7. [+70,-1]
Yeo Jin Goo turning into Lee Hun made him look more sexy and charismatic. When Court Lady Kim went to check for his scar,Yeo Jin Goo was so cool turning into Lee Hun suddenly. 

8. [+55,-0]
Kim Sang Kyung's deep eyes show how much experience he has as an actor. 

9. [+51,-0]
I want Dal Rae to go mute again so much. Why is she such a burdensome character? She's really annoying. Try causing our Ha Sun trouble. Even if you're his sister, I'll rip off your mouth. [t/n: Agal Mi Hyang's favorite line.] It's sadder that tomorrow's broadcast is cancelled. New Year's Day or whatever, I want overturn the ancestor's ritual table. New Year's stress. Ahh-- 

10. [+41,-0]
Yeo Jin Goo who exploded in front of Court Lady Kim like how Lee Hun would do was really.. ㅜㅜㅜ I like this scene more than the kiss scene. ㅎㅎㅎ I didn't know Yeo Jin Goo could be this sexy. Really. 

king.png

Article: Naver 'The Crowned Clown' Yeo Jin Goo's heart fluttering confession to Lee Se Young, "I like you" 

1. [+91,-2]
My heart fluttered too~~♡♡

2. [+81,-2]
Ahh..ㅠㅠ It seems like Dal Rae is going to be cancerous again. ㅠㅠ

3. [+31,-0]
Unlike the tragic and sad ep 8, Ha Sun and the queen showing their love for each other, and experienced their first snow together today. They look blissful. How upset will the queen be when she finds out that he's Ha Sun? I feel bad for them whenever I think of that. Is Ha Sun going to leave after that "I miss you" letter that he wrote?...  

4. [+25,-12]
Ah, I want to eat fire noodles and galbi mandu. 
- [+1,-0]
Eat it tomorrow. ㅋㅋ

5. [+9,-0]
I hope he's not going to die while missing the queen like what he wrote on the letter. A happy ending, please. 

6. [+5,-0]
I can't continue watching because I was so nervous. ㅜㅠ Yeo Jin Goo's acting is really good. 

7. [+5,-0]
Straightforward woman and straightforward man. ♡♡♡ The king and queen really match each other well. ㅠㅠㅠ

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-crowned-clown-ep-9-spoilers-yeo-jin.html

The ratings decline is expected to result from celebrations in the new year.:(

image.png

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Crowned_Clown/Episode_Ratings

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Stop with the spoilers! I haven't watched it yet. I love this thread. So I looked! :D.

I'm African-American. I have never celebrated Chinese New Year. Happy Chinese New Year!

So I need to go watch these episodes! I can't stop reading the comments!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

"Even if I die missing you. I am happy to have known you."

:tears::tears::tears: What a beautiful kiss scene but the focus on the letter already breaks my heart. They showed all the lovely, romantic moments because it's gonna hurt so deep afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Spoiler

Wait, so there’s a chance Lady Kim might be dead? That would suck, she’s such a fun character :/

Omg just saw the subbed preview, STUFF IS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN NEXT WEEK

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

no episode 10 today but it’s okaaaay... I rewatched ep 9 three times and will do it again.. 

I’m loving the red thread that the writer add in the drama.. which is the love story of Queen Yoo with Ha Seon after the death of Lee Hun..

I honestly think.. how cold and bad was Lee Hun and Seo Woon marriage that she can’t barely recognize the man infront of her is not her husband.. she probably felt terrified everytime he was with her.. and I must say that to expect an ending with HS and SW together maybe not a good idea.. there is no way on heaven and earth they’re both can be together..  unless the writer will super fearlessly unleash her feminism and make Seo Woon dream of living as a commoner in that small house become the ending.. which is also highly unlikely... 

and the letter HS wrote.... ‘even if I die.. I’m happy that I know you’

ok is that foreshadowing or not? :tears:

I really don’t know and have no clue whatsoever... which is very intriqing to me..

here is some daebak work from TCC fan... credit to the uploader...

• Like 5
  • Love 1